Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310231 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#292422 Apr 15, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
...Birth is A FORM of termination of a pregnancy, just as abortion is.
ALL termination means in this context is "end".
<quoted text>
Not its says "abortion" which you claim is NOT a treatment.
<quoted text>
So is abortion.
<quoted text>
Psssssssst...... ITS A MECICAL NEWS SITE YOU Jackwit! ROFLMAO!
<quoted text>
I never claimed birth is an abortion MORON.
I posted other MEDICAL sites as well. Funny how you ignore them.
Abortion is NOT the treatment for preeclampsia or eclampsia.

The news site you linked was not a medical site, you ignorant buffoon. Your link said after the "news item" you linked:
"This article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. It uses material from the Wikipedia article on "Pre-eclampsia" All material adapted used from Wikipedia is available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. WikipediaŽ itself is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc."

It was an article using info from Wikipedia about "Pre-eclampsia", which happens to be a site you pro-choicers constantly say is not credible. Oh, but it's only credible when you fools use it, right?

I didn't ignore the medical site you linked. It didn't say abortion was a treatment for those conditions, they all say delivery is.

What the medical site you linked constantly mentioned was consistant evaluation of "patient (and fetus)". In other words, the goal is not to kill the fetus in utero as in [abortion], but to be sure nothing happens toi the patient or the fetus while they're being monitored.

It also states "delivery" is what's mandated once eclmapsia occurs. NOT abortion but delivery.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#292424 Apr 15, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
"TERMINATION" can mean birth OR abortion Lynne, you dumbass.
You're talking about a sentence I quoted from a medical site.
"The only cure is termination of the pregnancy at a time as favorable as possible for fetal survival."

"Termination" in the sentence I quoted about preeclampsia/eclampsia from a medical site is not in the context of abortion, dimwit. Anyone who can read for comprehension knows that, because we understand what the words, "at a time as [favorable as possible][for fetal survival]" means. That's the context the word "termination" is being used for those conditions in that sentence, and that means BIRTH not abortion.

Only a dumbass wouldn't get that, like the one who responded to me trying to claim the word "termination" in that sentence can also mean abortion.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#292425 Apr 15, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No Lynne, YOU are the 'ignorant buffon'@@ that's claiming ANYONE claimed abortion and birth are synonymous, since NOBODY has done that.
"TERMINATION" of a pregnancy is the ENDING of the pregnancy, either by birth or abortion.
That does not mean they're synonymous you dumbass ROFLMAO!
Gee, maybe if you'd have not dropped out, you'd know what these words mean! LOLOLOL
Termination in the sentence I quoted only meant DELIVERY/BIRTH.

You're the one who can't read a sentence for comprehension and who thinks the sentence which stated {termination} being "at a time as favorable for fetal survival" could include meaning abortion, when abortion (as in the topic of this forum) means killing a fetus in utero. You don't know diddly squat, Toots.

Keep trying to insult drop outs, while looking like an ignorant buffoon. Funny stuff.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#292426 Apr 15, 2013
Pro-choicers think they can equate the term "abortion" as meaning the same thing when used as a term to define abortions just because a woman doesn't want to be pregnant, to having to end a pregnancy because mother WILL die if pregnancy isn't ended.

There's a difference between "therapeutic abortion" like when an tubal pregnancy has to be removed, and an elective abortion because she doesn't want a baby.

There's a difference between an elective abortion because she doesn't want a baby, and a D&C to remove the remains of a fetus that died in utero.

Just like there's a difference between an elective abortion and a miscarriage/spontaneous abortion.

Pro-choice boneheads will reach for any straw to try to make it seem like medical emergencies are equivalent to "I don't want a baby so I'm going to have it killed".

The treatment for preeclampsia is not abortion, as STO claimed, and as my sites and the medical sites Foo linked stated.

Petey claimed awhile back that [late term] abortions were NEEDED for preeclampsia/eclampsia in [late] pregnancy because women WILL die without it, when facts is DELIVERY is what's done in [late term pregnancy].

That was a general statement Petey made and it was a lie. STO claimed abortion was needed for [preeclampsia]. That's a lie.

Nothing Foo provided proved their claims true.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#292427 Apr 15, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're full of shit as usual Lynne.
Clearly, we're EXTREMELY important to you.
If we weren't, you wouldn't be posting so OBVIOUSLY obsessively to try to discredit us.
See, the problem with your claims, is that its been well known you're full of shit since 2006 when you first started posting here, thus, you're credibility as to what you THINK about anyone else is worth less than the shit on your shoe.
ROFLAMO!
Foo: "Clearly, we're EXTREMELY important to you."

Wrong. The subject of abortion is important to me. You dimwits aren't.

Foo: "If we weren't, you wouldn't be posting so OBVIOUSLY obsessively to try to discredit us."

Wrong again. I post to prove facts.

You're someone who posts obsessively trying to discredit pro-lifers. You people discredit only yourselves.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#292429 Apr 15, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text>Bet our abortion rates wouldnt be in the millions annually if a woman faced prison. She SUDDENLY would have to learn to prevent pregnancy . I bet she'd learn fast.
Now...well...she can act irresponsibly ...because she can alway have a killing back up plan.
She...she...she...she...what about he?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#292430 Apr 15, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Becasue she's not smart enough to spell it right twice in a row? <<GRIN>>
My personal opinion is Skanky thinks it makes her old posts harder to fine. She's wrong about that too LOL!
The games fundies play now...

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#292431 Apr 15, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> I get it now....FORCE. woman to gestate an unwanted" "ZEF" if its after your deadline. NO choices for her and you support that.
You people are proabortion when you say so but anti -choice after that.
Hypocrites.
Sit down. You're a joke.
And you simply refuse to face reality in your desperate attempts to force your beliefs on women everywhere.

We ALL know that there are laws and restrictions on everything in our society...EVERYTHING. A woman has time to make her choice. She does get a choice at some point. That is the bottom line.

Keep making yourself look like a fool on this. That is your choice.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#292432 Apr 15, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey foo? Wanna answer this?
I will.

Depending on the stage of the pregnancy it was either an embryo, a zygote or a fetus.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#292433 Apr 15, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
That doesn't answer the question. Why is your god so cruel?
<quoted text>
The fundies don't bother to address the gross inconsistencies in their bible and their religion.

I guess they figure if they just ignore them they'll go away.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#292434 Apr 15, 2013
Jodi wrote:
<quoted text>
I've had five kids and one full term stillborn. We named that child and gave it a full service. Your mother was/is either a cold hearted person or you made that story up to promote your cause. Either way you have no right saying that what I and others have lost is anything less than a child we loved. You suck.
How dare you judge his mother. Everyone handles things differently.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#292435 Apr 15, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>NO, Zack is a fcking retard, he doesn't represent conservatism or Christianity in any way
Bravo! Thank you.
Ocean56

AOL

#292436 Apr 15, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Funny how you come down on the church folks, yet you and yours have no prob calling a woman a slot or where,if she chooses to carry out her sexual rights in a way YOU AND YOURS deem inappropriate?
Oh geez, THAT nonsense again, REALLY? Can't you come up with anything else? Obviously not.

"Come down on church folks?" PLEASE. All I did was point out to "ThePrince" (yeah, right) that religions and churches aren't in total control of women and our sexual/reproductive choices any longer. But I suppose for ANY religious fanatic that fact's gotta burn.
Ocean56

AOL

#292437 Apr 15, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
Pregnancy is a state of being. It means that you've conceived your child.
So what, that's YOUR interpretation of pregnancy, and many women don't agree. For many women, myself included, pregnancy is an UNWANTED MEDICAL CONDITION, which thankfully doesn't have to be forced on us. If a woman doesn't WANT to get or stay pregnant, she doesn't have to continue the pregnancy.

Because pregnancy is a medical condition that can -- and DOES -- cause serious health risks and complications for women, both during the pregnancy and at delivery, the ONLY person who makes the decision whether or not to continue it is the WOMAN who is pregnant. Whatever decision she makes, whether to continue the pregnancy or not to, is HER decision alone. That makes it none of YOUR business or anyone else's for that matter.

Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, which means a woman can reject it for any reason. Don't like it? Too bad. You don't get to make sexual or reproductive decisions for anyone but yourself. Deal with it.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#292438 Apr 15, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text>Bet our abortion rates wouldnt be in the millions annually if a woman faced prison. She SUDDENLY would have to learn to prevent pregnancy . I bet she'd learn fast.
Now...well...she can act irresponsibly ...because she can alway have a killing back up plan.
** I nominate the above post for dumbest post of 2013.**
Ocean56

AOL

#292439 Apr 15, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
A woman who conceives a child is the biological mother.
Only if she WANTS to be. If she doesn't want pregnancy or children, she doesn't have to continue the pregnancy.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#292440 Apr 15, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
** I nominate the above post for dumbest post of 2013.**
I second that.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#292441 Apr 15, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> I meant "she continues to TRY to get pregnant but unsuccessfully". It was a typo.
@@
Typo's aren't allowed..........remember.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#292442 Apr 15, 2013
I don't recall foo ever claiming to be orhodox--which is just one sect within judaism. Do you whine at baptists for not being catholic?
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
The closest you ever came to "Orthodox Jewish", is a jewish trick you turned to feed your drug habit, pagan.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#292443 Apr 15, 2013
Well, it was stupid, but it's early...I have every confidence they'll come up with something even more moronic.
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I second that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Grey Ghost 1,276,641
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 46 min IBdaMann 54,537
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) 10 hr DCF_cooker 51
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr Samson 20,104
News More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) Sun Bob 291
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Sun TRD 70,159
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Aug 27 Norbert of Norview 71,944
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages