Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
273,761 - 273,780 of 305,442 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets just take one at random from her "list" and look at it, shall we?
24. Ex. 12:21-27 Christ is our Passover
ROFLMAO I find this one hysterical. "CHRIST" isn't mentioned at all in the Tanakh. Not even REMOTELY. Its not even a prophecy Yet these freaks take Exodus, specifically the 10th plague passage (killing of the first born of EGYPT) and call it about christ??
WHAT BULLSHIT! LOLOLOLOL!!
This part of the Jewish bible has ZERO to do with christ, and certainly isn't a prophecy, let ALONE being a fullfilled requirement for a messiah.
But then, its easy for people making a 'new' g-d to ignore, change and bastardize what they NEED to CREATE prophicies fullfilled.
<quoted text>
Its not even about 'winning' IMO LNM. Its about people like Inkstain knowing nothing about their own faith, and not being able to back up the things they claim.
THere's a reason its called "faith", but when one like Inkstain makes claims she can't back up, while I Can and DO certainly and easily refute her claims, its not even a debate, its a debacle.
In order to have a debate, both sides need SOME knowledge, Inkstain apparently has only hot air and hypocricy.
She simply wants to declare herself right and then gets uppity when questioned. And for her to continually ask that we prove a negative while she makes no move to support her claims is ridiculous. She's free to follow any dogma she chooses but when she judges others by her own beliefs she runs into problems.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
She was possessed by the demon Blattidae.
<quoted text>
Or she's a student of Flip Wilson.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course she doesn't know. This is why she keep deflecting and ignoring what she can't support.
It amazes me that these people are so attached to their dogma but don't bother to actually learn about it. They blindly accept whatever comes from the pulpit. You would think they would study and learn all they can about the very thing that is the foundation of their entire life.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Ayaka. All evidence points to these unintended consequences becoming the "norm" when abortion is treated as criminal. All anyone has to do is watch what happens in the South American countries where induced abortion's been recently criminalized to see increase in mortality of pregnant women.
But some here think criminalizing it is the answer because if/when women have "illegal" abortions, she can blame no-one but herself for dying.
But here in our great country where abortion is supposed to be "safe", we have a "clinic" like Gosnell's that is able to operate right under the noses of the very people who are supposed to be keeping women safe. It's not that no one KNEW what was going on, they didn't CARE what was going on. Gosnell would still be killing women and children if there hadn't been a drug bust.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
But here in our great country where abortion is supposed to be "safe", we have a "clinic" like Gosnell's that is able to operate right under the noses of the very people who are supposed to be keeping women safe. It's not that no one KNEW what was going on, they didn't CARE what was going on. Gosnell would still be killing women and children if there hadn't been a drug bust.
For as many times as you've offered this, it's starting to sound like you're making excuses for Gosnel being allowed to operate so long.

Yes, it's clear nobody in your state cared what was going on in Gosnel's clinics. Looked they didn't care much either about his pill mill, but more so than the abortion clinic.

As you say, "...a clinic..." He is one. One. How many more would there be if abortion was completely deregulated and no longer monitored altogether due to being criminalized? How many more are out there now?

I still think Foo is closer to reality regarding lack of caring for the poor rather than lack of caring for women obtaining abortions.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
There shouldn't have been a Gosnell's "clinic" to go to.
I agree Sue, but the fact remains that there should have been protesters at Gosnell's clinic protesting and scaring these women away but instead PL was just a few miles away protesting a PP. Pennsylvania has some of the most restrictive abortion laws in the U.S where women are required to have counseling to discuss their other options. They weren't getting this service at Gosnells clinic. Credit to busting Gosnell goes to the DEA, not any Pro life or Pro choice organization.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
For as many times as you've offered this, it's starting to sound like you're making excuses for Gosnel being allowed to operate so long.
Yes, it's clear nobody in your state cared what was going on in Gosnel's clinics. Looked they didn't care much either about his pill mill, but more so than the abortion clinic.
As you say, "...a clinic..." He is one. One. How many more would there be if abortion was completely deregulated and no longer monitored altogether due to being criminalized? How many more are out there now?
I still think Foo is closer to reality regarding lack of caring for the poor rather than lack of caring for women obtaining abortions.
"Yes, it's clear nobody in your state cared what was going on in Gosnel's clinics."

His "clinic" was inspected by The National Abortion Federation, who admitted that they found filthy and dangerous conditions, they just didn't care enough about women and children to bother reporting him.

"He is one."

He is not the only one:

"A similar incident occurred in October 2000 when a 21-year-old woman bled to death after having an abortion in a Dayton, Ohio clinic. The clinic where the death occurred had recently been granted a waiver from any kind of special treatment for abortion complications by the Ohio Department of Health. The normal Ohio medical license requires doctors to have a hospital and doctor identified in case of severe complications from medical procedures such as abortion."

"CDC statistics dating back to 1975 revealed that there were seven times as many abortion deaths following Roe v. Wade than prior to the decision. The desire for "safe and legal" abortions has been behind the desire of groups in favor of abortion rights to oppose efforts to overturn Roe v. Wade."

"Hard numbers regarding how many women either die or receive poor medical treatment are unavailable because abortion providers keep tight control over actual numbers."

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/abortion-conv...

"Pennsylvania health officials say renewed inspections uncovered poor conditions at the two Abortion as an Alternative Inc. clinics in the months after a drug investigation revealed a "house of horrors" at another facility operating for years in Philadelphia.
Two days after being ordered to suspend performing abortions, Dr. Soleiman M. Soli, 73, announced he would shut down the clinics instead and retire, officials said. Soli's other clinic was in the Germantown section of the city.
At Soli's clinics, the Department of Health found drugs decades past their expiration dates, inadequate or inoperable equipment, poor record-keeping and mishandling of fetal tissue."

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/local/the_int...

Of course then there's Dr Steven Brigham who has had his license revoked in several states yet continued to perform abortions.

"How many more would there be if abortion was completely deregulated and no longer monitored altogether due to being criminalized? How many more are out there now?"

It appears that making abortion legal hasn't stopped the back-alley butchers, it just allows them to operate in the main stream.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
That goes for everybody Sue, PL, PC and the Pennsylvania state government.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. Gosnell was a vulture preying on the poor and drug addicted in Pennsylvania. He deserves everything he gets, but the state has only themselves to blame.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
As right as you are about this Sue, and you ARE right - making abortion illegal again will certainly create MORE Gosnell's as not only the poor, the uneducated, the illegal aliens, the desperate seek out abortions illegally, but other women do as well.

While we only know of a very few Gosnell's today, because it IS safe, legal and accessable, I personally fear we'd be creating an atmosphere where these guys will flourish.

Again, education is the key, not making more laws.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Religion's supposed to be safe but thousands of raped children would disagree. Shall we outlaw religion, or just jail the actual lawbreakers?
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Yes, it's clear nobody in your state cared what was going on in Gosnel's clinics."
His "clinic" was inspected by The National Abortion Federation, who admitted that they found filthy and dangerous conditions, they just didn't care enough about women and children to bother reporting him.
"He is one."
He is not the only one:
"A similar incident occurred in October 2000 when a 21-year-old woman bled to death after having an abortion in a Dayton, Ohio clinic. The clinic where the death occurred had recently been granted a waiver from any kind of special treatment for abortion complications by the Ohio Department of Health. The normal Ohio medical license requires doctors to have a hospital and doctor identified in case of severe complications from medical procedures such as abortion."
"CDC statistics dating back to 1975 revealed that there were seven times as many abortion deaths following Roe v. Wade than prior to the decision. The desire for "safe and legal" abortions has been behind the desire of groups in favor of abortion rights to oppose efforts to overturn Roe v. Wade."
"Hard numbers regarding how many women either die or receive poor medical treatment are unavailable because abortion providers keep tight control over actual numbers."
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/abortion-conv...
"Pennsylvania health officials say renewed inspections uncovered poor conditions at the two Abortion as an Alternative Inc. clinics in the months after a drug investigation revealed a "house of horrors" at another facility operating for years in Philadelphia.
Two days after being ordered to suspend performing abortions, Dr. Soleiman M. Soli, 73, announced he would shut down the clinics instead and retire, officials said. Soli's other clinic was in the Germantown section of the city.
At Soli's clinics, the Department of Health found drugs decades past their expiration dates, inadequate or inoperable equipment, poor record-keeping and mishandling of fetal tissue."
http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/local/the_int...
Of course then there's Dr Steven Brigham who has had his license revoked in several states yet continued to perform abortions.
"How many more would there be if abortion was completely deregulated and no longer monitored altogether due to being criminalized? How many more are out there now?"
It appears that making abortion legal hasn't stopped the back-alley butchers, it just allows them to operate in the main stream.
Do you think quacks like this would multiply without any legal regulations in place? I sure do. And that's no good for anyone.

It seems you want to blame legal abortion for these quacks when you say, "It appears that making abortion legal hasn't stopped the back-alley butchers, it just allows them to operate in the main stream." I just don't see it that way.

Look, I am not arguing or debating what you're saying. I disagree with your perspective that legal abortion is at fault for crappy clinics such as Gosnell's and the other two you mentioned. Those incidences are not the norm when abortion is legal and monitored.

However, the attacks on legal, monitored abortion don't help the situation, either. The one gal quoted earlier, the protesters at PP scared her off. The undue restrictions and waiting periods are scaring people off. But it's not preventing them from obtaining abortions.

Does PA want to join in the race to see which state will be first to get an abortion case into the Supreme Court to challenge Roe?
Katie

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Agree. Gosnell was a vulture preying on the poor and drug addicted in Pennsylvania. He deserves everything he gets, but the state has only themselves to blame.
Agreed. But on second thought... Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Sue is right. Maybe PA really doesn't care about women obtaining safe abortions because its too busy trying to outlaw it. Maybe they're so caught up in the quest to criminalize it, they've turned a blind eye to the fact some women will reject an unplanned pregnancy and have rights to obtain a safe one. So PA, as a whole, doesn't care if these women die, like Sue says. They're just collateral damage (plus it doesn't hurt, either, to blame them for wanting to abort in the first place).

That's what I'm starting to think after reading and re-reading Sue's posts and links.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I agree Sue, but the fact remains that there should have been protesters at Gosnell's clinic protesting and scaring these women away but instead PL was just a few miles away protesting a PP. Pennsylvania has some of the most restrictive abortion laws in the U.S where women are required to have counseling to discuss their other options. They weren't getting this service at Gosnells clinic. Credit to busting Gosnell goes to the DEA, not any Pro life or Pro choice organization.
Exactly. That's what I've been saying as well. Where were all the right to life groups? To heck with "all", where were ANY of them in the 17 years he was doing abortions?

Oh yeah, not a white enough neighborhood.

Like I said, there's enough blame to go around.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Religion's supposed to be safe but thousands of raped children would disagree. Shall we outlaw religion, or just jail the actual lawbreakers?
<quoted text>
Good point.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but I did state that scripture is relevant to a bible discussion. The life of Jesus is told in the Bible, so where else would Foo get her information?
Scripture is also used to give proof to the word. You refusde to believe. Blessed are those who have not seen me, and yet beleive. Thomas.

Your hate is all you and the other faux-jew pagan have.

Rejoice for He has Risen. I have celebrated the resurrection of Christ yesterday, on the Holiest day of the year.

I pray for forgiveness of my sins and yousr as well.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is this? It's some dumbed down list where everything was allegedly fulfilled but not at all explained. Foo actually showed each requirement according to scripture and illustrated in some detail how it was not fulfilled.
If I were moderating a debate and asking to be convinced one way or the other Foo would win by a 100 miles.
Fortunatley you are not! The Truth is revealed to all who have ears to hear, and eyes to see, and voices to speak. As for you and the other pagans you live in darkenss and so shall you dwell for eternity.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets just take one at random from her "list" and look at it, shall we?
24. Ex. 12:21-27 Christ is our Passover
ROFLMAO I find this one hysterical. "CHRIST" isn't mentioned at all in the Tanakh. Not even REMOTELY. Its not even a prophecy Yet these freaks take Exodus, specifically the 10th plague passage (killing of the first born of EGYPT) and call it about christ??
WHAT BULLSHIT! LOLOLOLOL!!
This part of the Jewish bible has ZERO to do with christ, and certainly isn't a prophecy, let ALONE being a fullfilled requirement for a messiah.
But then, its easy for people making a 'new' g-d to ignore, change and bastardize what they NEED to CREATE prophicies fullfilled.
<quoted text>
Its not even about 'winning' IMO LNM. Its about people like Inkstain knowing nothing about their own faith, and not being able to back up the things they claim.
THere's a reason its called "faith", but when one like Inkstain makes claims she can't back up, while I Can and DO certainly and easily refute her claims, its not even a debate, its a debacle.
In order to have a debate, both sides need SOME knowledge, Inkstain apparently has only hot air and hypocricy.
YOu twist the scripture with the tongue of Satan.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Most likely in caeserea; there is no mention in any secular source that he was in judea. Of course, there's no secular mention of jesus either.
<quoted text>
There is no secular proof of Mosses, of Abraham. Did they also not exist in your pagan world? I cannot see love or hate but it exists. Is your pagan world different?
Forum

Lovington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe anything written about Christ so what is the point? If we were to have a discussion on the suject, you would have to accept that we are talking about a real person and you don't. End of subject. You said He didn't exist so let's agree, He didn't exist. Now will anyone ever fit your criteria?
The Six Sins against the
Holy Ghost

1. Presumption of God's mercy,
2. Despair,
3. Impugning the known truth,
4. Envy at another's spiritual
good,
5. Obstinacy in sin,
6. Final Impenitence.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min SANTA CLAWS 1,099,707
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Ancient One 18,851
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr truth-facts 46,292
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr TRD 68,345
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr Frijoles 68,934
Find all students who are in Hartford 9 hr Mr Black 1
Police: Suspect Tried To Strangle Woman (Mar '08) Wed Confused 167
•••
•••

Hartford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hartford People Search