Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
270,761 - 270,780 of 305,500 Comments Last updated 17 min ago
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288276 Mar 7, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
He asked you where your faith is. I agree, The Law of Jealousies seems silly. But like I said to STO, what can we expect from people in those times? They did not understand biology the way we do. It's easy to see the emotional reasons for believing an abortion from the bitter water would prove infidelity. One emotional argument is not too different from the next, Ink.
Oh, regarding your other post to me, maybe you could research the two plants mentioned. One was pennyroyal, I believe. Look it up. It will provide the info you're looking for; how long it's been used, what it's been used for, why it was used, etc.
Even in those days one would have to be pregnant to cause an abortion. Your interpretation makes no sense then or now. If you were honest, you would admit it.

As far as the fact that were abortive plants around then matters not to the culture of the Israelites whose very existence depended on children being born.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288277 Mar 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it make sense to you that this would be an effective way to determine a wife's faithfulness? You keep ignoring this question. Could it be you don't have an answer?
It makes sense to God.

Numbers 5

11 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying ,

12 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, If any man's wife go aside , and commit a trespass against him,

(by now, you should have read the entire Law of Jealousies)

Notice where it says, "And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying..."

Are you implying God makes no sense, or are you implying Moses lied and made up the Law, againt God's will?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288278 Mar 7, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I "have to" explain how God set up the Law so the guilty woman's body would react to the bitter water, while the innocent woman's body would not?
I did. If she is pregnant, she will miscarry.
You are taking a turn into the secular POV. Which, like I said, I'd be happy to discuss with you. Essentially, you are questioning God. Not me. How can any reaction from the woman's body, be it miscarriage or vomiting or a headache, prove infideltiy?
But first thing's first.
Are you taking issue with the evidence I have presented to you regarding Numbers 5 and the translations? If so, what?
You haven't given any reason, so far, which negates the proof.
Yes, it doesn't make sense. Not every woman would be pregnant that was accused of being unfaithful, so any barren woman would automatically be innocent. God's not stupid.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288279 Mar 7, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.drbo.org/chapter/04005.htm
You made no case.
Heck you even admitted KJV is "imperfect" and so you wonder why you are getting questioned?
Words were added which were forbidden.
Books were taken away which were forbidden.
Poor sjm. Can't follow a discussion. All English translations are imperfect.

Do you know ancient Hebrew? Do you have access to the ancient manuscripts that are kept securely in museums, all over the world?

No? Then your sources are "imperfect" too. Stop being a doofus.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288280 Mar 7, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes sense to God.
Numbers 5
11 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying ,
12 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, If any man's wife go aside , and commit a trespass against him,
(by now, you should have read the entire Law of Jealousies)
Notice where it says, "And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying..."
Are you implying God makes no sense, or are you implying Moses lied and made up the Law, against God's will?
First I am not buying one man's opinion of what that verse means.

It looks to me like a patriarchal society's way of ridding oneself of a current wife in favor of another.

Do you think the world was created in seven days?
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#288281 Mar 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Lev 18:22
Lev 20:13
Corinthians 6:9-11
Timothy 1:8-10
And not one of those passages saying anything about homosexuality, but I do appreciate your evasive response.

And hey; why refer to Leviticus if the new testament replaces the old?
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#288282 Mar 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you have your own opinion and you think your Opinion is the truth. Are you capable of keeping an open mind?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288283 Mar 7, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> STO is frustrated. He doesn't like to have bible discussions. He links something that he's copied and pasted and refuses to acknowledge the inconsistencies.
Mesnwhile, he knows(or claims to) the bible. Having read the "entire bible" yet leaves out what God has to say about killing the innocent or how he created us. He has NO problem talking about this ONE passage in the bible for weeks on end but when asked about another ( by Gtown) he runs because he is afraid to have his proabort friends not like his answer.
He has an agenda. He's using God to justify his evil support and to cover up his siblings death.Take notice that otherwise, he REFUSES to talk about God.
All of my siblings are alive and well. Your wishes aside.

I'd love to take up Gtown's question. But you guys are easily distacted. So..one thing at a time.

Btw, thanks for proving yet again you're entire argument is that anyone who disagrees with you is "evil". Same ol' Same ol'.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288284 Mar 7, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text>What's the proof that the womans suppose infidelity caused the pregnancy and not her sexual intercourse with him? So she would miscarry HIS child?
Makes no sense.
You're thinking outside the box from a secular POV. I brought up the same point, years ago.

We can discuss it. But first thing's first.

You are asserting God's Law of Jealousies would not reveal the truth, as He says it would.
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text>Throughout scripture murder is described as THE KILLING OF INNOCENT HUMANS...A HEINOUSCRIME.
Now...in genesis God says we are his creation made in his imahe and likeness.
Heres where the bible refers to the CHILD in the womb..or the children(teins) in Rebekkahs womb...or in Luke about the UNBORN Christ...
JEREMIAH 1:5
PSALM 139:13-16
EXODUS 21:22-25
GENESIS 1:26-27 9:6
What's interesting is how you ignore that.
I've never ignored that. You must have missed my points regarding those passages.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288285 Mar 7, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
And not one of those passages saying anything about homosexuality, but I do appreciate your evasive response.
And hey; why refer to Leviticus if the new testament replaces the old?
Evasive response?

The text of 18:22 :
"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." KJV 'Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman: that is detestable' CEV 'You shall not lie with a man, as with a woman. That is detestable.' WEB 'And with a male thou dost not lie as one lieth with a woman; abomination it [is].' Youngs Literal Translation 'You shall not lie with a male as with a woman;it is an abomination. Revised Standard Version
Gtown71

United States

#288286 Mar 7, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
If your version of "normal" is forcing women to live by the 19th-century "woman's sphere" nonsense, I'll cheerfully pass on it. Thankfully for all women, this ISN'T the 19th century, and we all get to decide for OURSELVES as individuals what "normal" is.
Maybe you should stay out of other women's sexual and reproductive decisions, as they aren't yours to make in the first place.
Well you've been around long enough, and you really think we are better off today, since women burned their bras, and desided they wanted it their way?

You're good at comming up with neg. Lists, so why not list all the neg. That's happened since.
my 5 yo came home asking me why we are not like all the other families, becouse all of her classmates have step dads and moms.

There's "teen camps " all over the US for troubled teens, most are on some type of drug to force them to try and act normal, in a world that's all blown to hell.

Ask any kid if they really like seeing their mom with dad number 7, or their dad with a new mom every 6 months. See what they say.

Sure sex is fun and comes with much pleasure, but when done wrong, it leaves many broken hearts in its wake.

There's no such thing as harmless sex.

I'm not dumb to the fact that we no longer live in a perfect world, but what we have is not working and only getting worse.

Just like abortion, you may pretend that it has no negative side effects, but the facts are that this is simply not true.

Over 3000 women a day, are making a choice that they will have to live with forever. With enough xanax and prozacs, they can fumble through life like its all ok, but they are not.
We live in a world of zombies!

My affair caused much pain, that is still there after all these years, but instead of me giving all the reasons it was ok, and how no one should have a say, I'm here to say no, it was not right, it is not right, and never will be right.

Why not make a list, that tells how much better women are today "AS A WHOLE ",not just that they have the freedom to go to the coffee shop, but the whole story.

Just becouse some men used their wives in the past, don't mean they all did.
Most affairs start in the work place, where men and women spend more time together, then they do with their spouse.
Imagine that!
Gtown71

United States

#288287 Mar 7, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it with idiot fundies and their inability to use you're instead of your?
My "theory" of death is that we all die. Unlike you, I'm not arrogant enough to boast that I know what happens after we die. Continue with your double standards.
You use the name you do, yet you claim to Not know really what happens after we die, and those who claim to know are just arrogant???

If you truly don't know what happens after one dies, then why are you sooo arrogant, that you know Jesus has nothing to do with it?

What do you think happens to a person after death?
If you say you know -what does that make you "in your own words? "

Double standard.
Gtown71

United States

#288288 Mar 7, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this a fact or a belief?
Let us see if you know the difference.
I believe it to be a fact :)
Gtown71

United States

#288289 Mar 7, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Your god supposedly killed everyone in sodom and gomorrah (except his favorite incestuous family). He killed the first-born of every egyptian family. He drowned the WORLD'S population except for a few favorites, ensuring that all humans afterwards would be the products of incest (he likes keepin' it in the family.)" EVERY ONE of those people were so sinful they deserved to die?
You worship a psychopathic mad-dog killer. If that is god, I sure as hell can do a better job.
<quoted text>
Yes He did, and never even warned them did He? Let's see, just in noahs case the people had over 120 years of warning.

The reason He spared lot, is the same reason He will spare me.
The same reason He saved noah was the same reason He saved me.
Noah was in the ark "a type of Christ ",and God shut the door, if you noticed.

Those that are "in Christ " shall be saved.

You will probably not have 120 years, and you've been warned many many times, to turn to God, but just like those in noahs day -you say where is this God?
lol -where is the promise of the comming of God unto man?
Those outside of Christ will be destroyed quickly.

I had a choice to make one night, and had I continued to say No -I'll do it my way, then He would have backed off and I would have went to Hell "where I deserve to be ",instead I'm going to Heaven "where I do not deserve to be ",but becouse I've accepted the wonderful "gift " of God, then I'm going.
Ocean56

AOL

#288290 Mar 7, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Well you've been around long enough, and you really think we are better off today, since women burned their bras, and desided they wanted it their way?
You're good at comming up with neg. Lists, so why not list all the neg. That's happened since.
my 5 yo came home asking me why we are not like all the other families, becouse all of her classmates have step dads and moms.
There's "teen camps " all over the US for troubled teens, most are on some type of drug to force them to try and act normal, in a world that's all blown to hell.
Ask any kid if they really like seeing their mom with dad number 7, or their dad with a new mom every 6 months. See what they say.
Sure sex is fun and comes with much pleasure, but when done wrong, it leaves many broken hearts in its wake.
There's no such thing as harmless sex.
I'm not dumb to the fact that we no longer live in a perfect world, but what we have is not working and only getting worse.
Just like abortion, you may pretend that it has no negative side effects, but the facts are that this is simply not true.
Over 3000 women a day, are making a choice that they will have to live with forever. With enough xanax and prozacs, they can fumble through life like its all ok, but they are not.
We live in a world of zombies!
My affair caused much pain, that is still there after all these years, but instead of me giving all the reasons it was ok, and how no one should have a say, I'm here to say no, it was not right, it is not right, and never will be right.
Why not make a list, that tells how much better women are today "AS A WHOLE ",not just that they have the freedom to go to the coffee shop, but the whole story.
Just becouse some men used their wives in the past, don't mean they all did.
Most affairs start in the work place, where men and women spend more time together, then they do with their spouse.
Imagine that!
Want some cheese with that WHINE? That's all the above is; a big, fat WHINE because the world isn't the way YOU want it to be. Too bad.

As I said previously, this ISN'T the 19th century, and women DO have rights now. That includes the right to decide for THEMSELVES whether or not they want to get married, whether or not to have children, and whether or not to continue a pregnancy. If some women want to REJECT marriage and/or motherhood, that's THEIR decision and none of YOUR business.

I'm very glad I was born in the 20th century, and NOT the 19th, when women had NO RIGHTS whatsoever, and were treated like PROPERTY by men. I am very grateful for the brave women of the past and present women's rights movements that fought hard to obtain the rights women DO have. Being able to make my OWN personal decisions is MUCH better than being forced to allow some guy make those decisions FOR me.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288291 Mar 7, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd think so, STO. But ... um ... aint happened yet!
Was looking at some sites regarding abortion in the bible and found a number of interesting ones. What's funny is how people interpret the same passages and claim these mean different things. What wasn't so funny was how some of the passages were altered and then interpreted afterward. Those were the fundie sites, though. And one even ended with, "You CAN Be SAVED ...(send money here)."
However, thought this worth posting here.
"The Bible never specifically mentions abortion. This is significant, because herbal abortifacients--most notably pennyroyal and silphium--were in common use at the time that the New Testament was written. Jesus, Paul, and the other major figures of the New Testament were surrounded by cultures that practiced abortion, but no specific condemnation of the practice can be found in the Bible." http://civilliberty.about.com/od/abortion/f/b...
Leads one to wonder what could have been in the "dust that is in the floor of the tabernacle" that was mixed with the holy water to make the "bitter water". Seems that I remember Cherry (former poster on this thread) claiming there was a fungus or something that was used as an abortificient in that era that would have been found in the tabernacle due to wheat or some grain that would have been brought in there. I have found no reference to that effect. I'd ask her about it if she was around.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288292 Mar 7, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Leads one to wonder what could have been in the "dust that is in the floor of the tabernacle" that was mixed with the holy water to make the "bitter water". Seems that I remember Cherry (former poster on this thread) claiming there was a fungus or something that was used as an abortificient in that era that would have been found in the tabernacle due to wheat or some grain that would have been brought in there. I have found no reference to that effect. I'd ask her about it if she was around.
Abort what? Who says she is pregnant?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288293 Mar 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks to me like a patriarchal society's way of ridding oneself of a current wife in favor of another.
Do you think the world was created in seven days?
You are saying God's Law would not reveal the truth as He said it would.

You are arguing with God. Not me.

Why won't you deal with the substance of my posts?

You won't acknowledge the translations, after you asked for them.

No one is forcing you to accept them, but you should explain why you don't. You are pretending those translations don't exist.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288294 Mar 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Abort what? Who says she is pregnant?
Please explain why you don't accept the translations for "thigh", "rot", "belly".

Please explain why you do not believe God in Numbers 5, regarding the Law of Jealousies and how it would reveal the truth.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#288295 Mar 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's another circular way to not answer a question.
Why should I answer a question to which you already have the answer? You are responsible for keeping track of your own data. Justi do your own work, lazyass.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Obviously 1,102,058
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 52 min Aryan Barbarian 18,942
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr gcaveman1 46,390
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr J RULES 69,109
Police: Suspect Tried To Strangle Woman (Mar '08) 9 hr trisanot 168
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 14 hr TRD 68,399
Find all students who are in Hartford Aug 28 Mr Black 1
•••
•••
•••

Hartford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••