Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
267,801 - 267,820 of 305,396 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
"That's 15 just between our two states. Multiply that by 50 states including the number of clinics performing abortions in New York and California alone."

That's 15 out of 29 clinics. Slightly over half. I took a further sampling for a total of 8 states, including CA. Out of 91 clinics, 48 perform abortions. That's still slightly over half, at 52%. IF, as you want to claim, PP is only an "abortion mill", then wouldn't ALL of their clinics perform abortions? And would any of them do anything else?

"Planned Parenthood provides referrals for mammograms."

Seems to me this just bolsters my point. What was yours?

"Any Health Clinic can provide the same services."

And? What point do you think you're making here?

"Do you think Margaret Sanger would condone this organization today?"

I have no clue. And neither do you. Furthermore, it's beside the point. You're the one who brought up Sanger, making false claims, no doubt gleaned from biased sites. Of course, we don't really know where you're getting your "perceptions" from, as you're apparently afraid to say.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Your arithmetic is bad. If 15 represents 2 states, you should multiply 15 by 25.
Good catch :)
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>You left one out:
None of the above - belief in God.
Believing in God for me is common sense, since my life was changed in every way.
Before I was saved, I would've never been on an abortion topic, since I didn't care, and if I were to get on it, I would've been best friends with those who don't like me very much.
I would've chewed off my foot, before talking to any christians, jews, muslims, or anyone that labeled themselves religious.
I realize I don't present the christian faith well at times, but non the less, if you only knew me before. Lol

You don't , but you've heard my story, and you come across to me as someone who is interested in truth, but I've been wrong before?

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't.
<quoted text>
STO: "viability" could become practically limitless"
How in the hell can you copy my quote then claim the quote says something enirely different? I never said "non-issue".
What kinda crap you tryin' tuh pull here?
Holy crap, didn't you pay attention to your own hypothetical stupidity? YOU said in future viability could be 8 weeks with artificial wombs.

You talked about artificial wombs and "viability could become practically limitless". If viability could become "practically limitless", and keeping in mind your ridiculous "viability at 8 weeks" stupidity, then viability would be a non-issue, not only because you're talking about artificial wombs, but because you stated a possibility of viabilty being at 8 weeks. You can't even follow your own line of reasoning about your own stupid hypothetical.

Were you or were you not still talking about fetuses in [artificial wombs] when you stated "viability could become practically limitless"? Were you or were you not talking about viability as it relates to the abortion issue?

SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The devil is the father of all who are not a child of God, so perhaps you should get more candles for my ex father / your current father for his fathers day cake.
He can be fun at times in this life, and sometimes not so much, but I hear he is Hell to spend eternity with.
Please take this in the spirit it is intended.

Be very careful in condemning others even if it is with the best of intentions. It is not for us to judge the hearts of men. Our job is to love them as God does even in their darkness. We were once hidden from the light too.

Also, many people reject God simply because of the damage done in the name of Christianity during one dark chapter in world history.

Jesus said, "You will know them by their fruits." Instead of bearing the fruits of love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, gentleness, self-control, etc., so-called Christians in the past bore fruit that was so rotten, it stunk to high heaven.

Please also know I say this with all humility.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Your arithmetic is bad. If 15 represents 2 states, you should multiply 15 by 25.
I stand corrected.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Doc said ABORTION could become a non-issue.
Lynne's mixed up again.
ROFLMAO
Lily isn't mixed up at all, you obsessed with Lynne fool.

STO spoke of artificial wombs when he presented his ridiculous hypothetical about viability being at 8 weeks.

He said viability could become pracically limitless...and keeping in mind he suggested viability at 8 weeks and talking about artificial wombs, that would make viability a non-issue. If someone is going to go artificial womb route, and viability would be 8 weeks, abortion would also be a non-issue.

I knew you dummies wouldn't be able to follow any sensible reasoning with his artificial womb hypthetical and ridiculousness about viability being at 8 weeks, and you both proved you couldn't by trying to change what he said into being about something else. That something else having nothing to do with his hypothetical and discussion with Doc about artificial wombs.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
It certainly is a money making and profitable business.
Just like Sesame Street. Big Bird represents the evil 1% he's so rich.
But pediatricians and churches lose more.
Every abortion is one-time payment to the doctor who performs the abortion. The abortion eliminates potential income for years for the pediatrician.
The church loses a potential life-long contributor.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Believing in God for me is common sense, since my life was changed in every way.
Before I was saved, I would've never been on an abortion topic, since I didn't care, and if I were to get on it, I would've been best friends with those who don't like me very much.
I would've chewed off my foot, before talking to any christians, jews, muslims, or anyone that labeled themselves religious.
I realize I don't present the christian faith well at times, but non the less, if you only knew me before. Lol
You don't , but you've heard my story, and you come across to me as someone who is interested in truth, but I've been wrong before?
Your descriptions of yourself as an "Atheist" bear little resemblence to the reality of Atheists I've read about and met. They don't "hate" God, nor do they avoid talking to people who are religious. In fact, what you describe sounds like the misconcepions of someone who's been an Evangelical Christian all their lives, and has never actually spoken to an Atheist.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be YOU that's wrong dear, as usual.
Boiling it down to the basics, if the fetus isn't viable, the infant wont be.
Dumbass.
LOL, wrong, you ignorant buffoon.

Boiling it down to basics, a fetus IS NOT a newborn infant, and never will be.

Viability of a fetus is about a fetus, NOT a newborn infant.

Viability of a fetus is REACHED while IN UTERO.

Viability of a newborn infant is NOT REACHED while IN UTERO.

Basics that you boneheads don't have the intelligence or sense to understand.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"That's 15 just between our two states. Multiply that by 50 states including the number of clinics performing abortions in New York and California alone."
That's 15 out of 29 clinics. Slightly over half. I took a further sampling for a total of 8 states, including CA. Out of 91 clinics, 48 perform abortions. That's still slightly over half, at 52%. IF, as you want to claim, PP is only an "abortion mill", then wouldn't ALL of their clinics perform abortions? And would any of them do anything else?
"Planned Parenthood provides referrals for mammograms."
Seems to me this just bolsters my point. What was yours?
"Any Health Clinic can provide the same services."
And? What point do you think you're making here?
"Do you think Margaret Sanger would condone this organization today?"
I have no clue. And neither do you. Furthermore, it's beside the point. You're the one who brought up Sanger, making false claims, no doubt gleaned from biased sites. Of course, we don't really know where you're getting your "perceptions" from, as you're apparently afraid to say.
I made no false claims.

If each state had been given the right to vote on something as significant as abortion, each state would then have the legal right to do so or not based on a democracy of majority rules.

If a pro-lifer lived in a state where it was made legal, they would have to live with that decision.

If a pro-choicer lived in a state where it was not made legal, then they would have to do the same.

However, 9 people in a population of over 300 million decided this major and moral controversial issue all by their lonesome.

Why are states given the right to vote for same sex marriage and not abortion? Of the 31 states where the issue of same sex marriage has been put directly to the electorate, it was voted down.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Katie, you've always been discussing viability of an INFANT. Which IS very different from viability of a FETUS.
You don't have the intelligence or sense to recognize the difference,(despite definitions), and is why you've been wrong and will continue to be wrong on the topic of viability. You PC boneheads don't have the ability to understand fetus and infant are different stages of life, and fetus reaches viability IN UTERO. No need for a FETUS to reach anything else once it reached viability in utero.
Once born; whole different stage of life, and whole different meaning of viability. This time having to do with a newborn infant, no longer about a fetus.
Once born, viability of a fetus and abortion are not an issue.
That alone, should be enough for anyone with a reasonable amount of intelligence and sense to get the difference. But not you or STO.
Well said! And I'm for sure not the sharpest pencil in the box, but much of this is very very basic stuff!
Like there is NOTHING normal about a woman wanting to stop the heart from beating, of her very own baby.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Your story stated the teen won against her parents and no abortion was forced. Just like I've said. Abortions are not legally forced in this country.
Do you want them to be?
Wrong, Katie. You obviously missed in the article where it stated, "We are extremely happy with the judge's decision today and we are very proud of our teenage client for being strong enough to stand against her parents to save her unborn child's life," Greg Terra, president of the Texas Center for Defense of Life, said in a blog post on the group's website."

That teen was "strong enough" to do what she did, but how many more are not? That's point I'm making.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
But you posted that your belief came in a flash. That doesn't seem like common sense.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Your conversation has disintegrated.
Wrong, it's your brain that has, and is why you can't see reason about a fetus not being a newborn infant, and the definition of viability states viability of a fetus is "reached" in utero. Newborn infant doesn't "reach" viability in utero.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
God watches every abortion and he laughs. I think he enjoys it.
A lot of us have cried so many tears, we're dried out.

Have you ever seen a baby, fully formed, gender and all, floating in a plastic containter of formaldehyde?

It's something you can never forget.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said! And I'm for sure not the sharpest pencil in the box, but much of this is very very basic stuff!
Like there is NOTHING normal about a woman wanting to stop the heart from beating, of her very own baby.
Thank you, and you're right, it is basic stuff only PC boneheads can't understand. I also agree that it isn't normal for a woman to want to stop the beating heart of her own child, born or in utero.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, Katie. You obviously missed in the article where it stated, "We are extremely happy with the judge's decision today and we are very proud of our teenage client for being strong enough to stand against her parents to save her unborn child's life," Greg Terra, president of the Texas Center for Defense of Life, said in a blog post on the group's website."
That teen was "strong enough" to do what she did, but how many more are not? That's point I'm making.
Why don't you do the necessary research and find out how many illegal forced abortions have taken place.

My claim has been under Roe v Wade women are legally protected from forced abortion. And they are. Your own link proved it.

Do you want women to remain unprotected in your zeal to criminalize abortion? That's what I'm hearing when you argue the facts and try with futile attempts to prove me wrong.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>But you posted that your belief came in a flash. That doesn't seem like common sense.
John Newton, on a homeward voyage as the captain of a slave ship, he encountered a violent storm he referred to later as his “great deliverance.” He recorded in his journal that when all seemed lost and the ship would surely sink, he exclaimed,“Lord, have mercy upon us.” Later in his cabin he reflected on what he had said and began to believe that God had addressed him through the storm and that grace had begun to work for him.

He then wrote the words to "Amazing Grace". For the rest of his life he observed the anniversary of May 10, 1748 as the day of his conversion, a day of humiliation in which he subjected his will to a higher power.

He spent the rest of his life as an activist against slavery.

His story is just one among millions.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, wrong, you ignorant buffoon.
Boiling it down to basics, a fetus IS NOT a newborn infant, and never will be.
Viability of a fetus is about a fetus, NOT a newborn infant.
Viability of a fetus is REACHED while IN UTERO.
Viability of a newborn infant is NOT REACHED while IN UTERO.
Basics that you boneheads don't have the intelligence or sense to understand.
Don't you realize you're differentiating between a fetus and a baby? That's the basis for the pro-choice position.
Talk about reading comprehension skills.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Hartford Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hartford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hartford People Search