Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313390 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#284763 Feb 18, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh! Love this!
And it's informative :)
I've always been interested in animal behavior, particularly of primates, pachyderms, canines and of the various animals I've owned as pets. I find animal behavior absolutely fascinating and even when I was a child, I loved to read about it and when we go to the zoo, I could spend hours watching the primates and elephants. If I could, I'd love to go to Africa to study them in their natural habitat. That would be like Heaven to me.

Canines are also fascinating simply because we've managed to create a domestic one and their behavior is complex. While they share similar behavioral traits with wild canids, they're also so very different. Besides, understanding canine behavior helps make for better trained dogs and that goes a long way in the show ring. ;o)
Katie

Auburn, WA

#284764 Feb 18, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always been interested in animal behavior, particularly of primates, pachyderms, canines and of the various animals I've owned as pets. I find animal behavior absolutely fascinating and even when I was a child, I loved to read about it and when we go to the zoo, I could spend hours watching the primates and elephants. If I could, I'd love to go to Africa to study them in their natural habitat. That would be like Heaven to me.
Canines are also fascinating simply because we've managed to create a domestic one and their behavior is complex. While they share similar behavioral traits with wild canids, they're also so very different. Besides, understanding canine behavior helps make for better trained dogs and that goes a long way in the show ring. ;o)
We share a love and fascination for animals. Your experience exceeds mine, but when I read your post, I sure could envision it. You have talents, Michelle. You ever try freelancing? You could publish your material (some "follies" come to mind) and save money for that trip to Africa to do what you love!
Anonymous

United States

#284766 Feb 18, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
In regards to homosexuality and primates, it has been documented in Lowland Mountain Gorillas and in the Bonobo. In fact, Dian Fossey wrote about homosexuality and the LMG in her book "Gorillas in the Mist".
In regards to animals and abortion, many animals will self abort if they feel their environment is not suitable to raise young. It's not so much of an actual miscarriage, where they pass the fetuses, but they reabsorb the fetuses in their bodies. I know this for a fact with dogs, as I show dogs, and occasionally breed them, as a hobby.
I also know that some animals will kill their young, particularly if they're stressed out. This is most common with rodents and rabbits. I used to breed both and whenever the mama's would deliver, I'd keep her and her young in a quiet room and their cage would be covered so that she would not be disturbed and feel the urge to cannibalize her litter. In the wild, particularly with Lions, if a new male(s) take over a pride, he will kill all the young and that will cause the lionesses to go into heat so that the male can breed with them and they'll bear his offspring.
As far as dogs go, homosexuality has not been documented with them. Some bitches and dogs will mount the opposite sex, humans or inanimate objects as a display of dominance. They do this even as puppies and some bossy dogs mount others til the day they die, lol.
The deal is just from a logical standpoint, if every woman had abortions every time, or if everyone lived the gay lifestyle we would not exsisit very long.
It is unatural to do either.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#284767 Feb 18, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I thought I answered that question.
I would tell them, that the reason Jesus died for all our sins, is because He was the only one that could.
He was sinless, and we are sinful.
Regardless of if you believe people are born that way or become sinful later, we have All sinned and fallen short of Gods Glory.
Jesus had no sin when He died for ours.

We have to repent our sins.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#284768 Feb 18, 2013
Husker wrote:
<quoted text>We are not dogs or cats or even monkeys, we are made in God's Image and Likeness , we are Temples of the Holy Spirit. Dogs , cats aren't neither are baboons. When someone aborts an unborn child, they are destroying the Image and Likeness of God.
This has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted. As far as God and abortion goes, no one can say for certain how He feels about it. If He has a problem with abortion then He'll judge accordingly come judgement day.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#284769 Feb 18, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The deal is just from a logical standpoint, if every woman had abortions every time, or if everyone lived the gay lifestyle we would not exsisit very long.
It is unatural to do either.
I was responding to some posts you made regarding homosexuality and abortion in the animal kingdom. If I'm not mistaken, you expressed doubts that it occurs in animals and I was explaining that it does occur. I even gave specifics if you're interested in doing further research on the subject.

On another note, if it occurs in nature, can it really be called "unnatural"? I am not saying that every woman must have an abortion each time she becomes pregnant nor do I believe that everyone must become a homosexual. When it comes to pregnancy, some females, whether they be human being or of another species, will do what is necessary if they do not feel their environment is right for raising offspring. This has absolutely NOTHING to do whether it is right or wrong as that's very subjective. As far as homosexuality goes, I believe that people are born that way. Being that I did not choose to be attracted to men, even down to a certain physical type of man, there's no way I could choose to be attracted to women and I feel the same applies to homosexuals.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#284772 Feb 18, 2013
Husker wrote:
<quoted text>I think you need to go talk to your uncle. It has everything to do with your post. YOU actually put animals as equal to humans.
Your reading comprehension is seriously lacking. I have no reason to speak to my uncle as animal behavior is not his forte. Explaining animal behavior and even showing similarities between animal and human behavior is *not* equating animals and humans. Besides, I have found that some animal species are more noble, more intelligent and behave more decently that some human beings. ;o)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#284773 Feb 18, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
But you're a liberal. Put yourself in someone else's shoes who is very much against their taxpayer dollars funding abortions.
Being a "liberal" is irrelevant. I am very much against MANY things my tax dollars go for. As I said - that's the price of living in the USA. Dont like it? Move to Iran.
Does that even matter to a liberal such as yourself?
Does it matter that the likes of you doesn't like your tax dollars going to PP, one of the largest health care providers for women in the US? No, it doesn't matter one iota to me that you're against it. Its just one more of your ilk's many 'tough shit' moments.
Has democracy really declined to it's your way or no way?
Funny, if it was YOUR way or no way, you'd be just fine with that.
Anonymous

United States

#284774 Feb 18, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
I was responding to some posts you made regarding homosexuality and abortion in the animal kingdom. If I'm not mistaken, you expressed doubts that it occurs in animals and I was explaining that it does occur. I even gave specifics if you're interested in doing further research on the subject.
On another note, if it occurs in nature, can it really be called "unnatural"? I am not saying that every woman must have an abortion each time she becomes pregnant nor do I believe that everyone must become a homosexual. When it comes to pregnancy, some females, whether they be human being or of another species, will do what is necessary if they do not feel their environment is right for raising offspring. This has absolutely NOTHING to do whether it is right or wrong as that's very subjective. As far as homosexuality goes, I believe that people are born that way. Being that I did not choose to be attracted to men, even down to a certain physical type of man, there's no way I could choose to be attracted to women and I feel the same applies to homosexuals.
Just becouse it happens in nature doesn't make it natural.
Female animals cannot go to a doctor animal and have their babies aborted, and if their unborn baby dies, it is just like humans.
As far as a mother animal killing their young, well there are many answers given,for that, but again it is an unnatural event.

I'm all for anyone choosing to do whatever they wish, and as long as it doesn't effect me, then I am not to stop them.

For example if a person wants to make meth and the smoke it eat it, drink it, or whatever you do with it, then that's fine, but I should not want it to be legal, or atleast speak out against it, or try and vote against it.
People that wish to blow up their own house should be able to, as long as it doesn't effect others, and they don't expect insurance companies to pay for their mistakes, or the public to pay.

My deal is, on a public forum people may say their opinion, and they do.
There are many I don't agree with, and usualy keep scrolling.

If men and women waited untill married for sex, and then stayed faithful till death, and all lived this way, how many std's do you think there would be?
how would that effect our children at schools, our judicial system from juveniles to adults in jails and prisons?
what empact would it make on our country or our world?

People want the freedom to do as they please, when they please, and how they please, with No negative sideeffects, and I know becouse I are one. Lol

Yet there will always be negative side effects to sin, I wonder why that is???

Location hidden

#284776 Feb 18, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
~Appreciated.
Would it be fair to say your use of the "legal strict definition of viability" could become practically limitless, as medical technology advances.~
Doc wrote:
<quoted text>
~Theoretically I guess so. I believe even the SC in Casey vs PP acknowledged that the limits of viability were moving earlier in pregnancies as medical technology advanced.
But something like an artificial womb would change everything...and not just the concept of viability. Abortion would likely not even be an issue anymore.~
The discussion was about "artificial wombs" being in the sense of what STO had created a hypothetical about, when he suggested an 8 week fetus would be viable.
Clearly, you're SO stuck on attack mode, you didn't notice the discussion had continuted, and here's a concept - it became CIVIL. You even copied the discussion here, and ignored the context.

I was responding to Doc's comments "But something like an artificial womb would change everything...and not just the concept of viability. Abortion would likely not even be an issue anymore.~

That had nothing to do with STO's hypothetical, except it came FROM that part of the discussion.

Doc and STO BOTH were speaking thoughtfully about what MIGHT happen, what COULD happen - and I contributed my view to his comment quoted above. What a concept huh? CIVIL dialogue.

THAT is what debate is about Lynne, not this bullshit you do.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#284777 Feb 18, 2013
Husker wrote:
<quoted text>Once in hell, you won't be able to leave, Christ died for you no matter if you like it or not, take it up with Him when you see Him.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, they will get one small break at the white throne judgement.
Hell, is sorta like the county jail, then they go before the judge, just before being sent to the lake of fire.
Very sad, and all becouse they are to prideful and stuborn to accept and turn to God, even as He writes His law on their heart, and draws them with His spirit.
I think some of the biggest lies satan tells people, is just wait, you can get right with God later, or hell is not forever, and then heaven
Plus sone religions teach that just about all go to hell, but only long enough to pay for their sins, then heaven
It amazes me just how many different views there are.
I think it is simple, just like when God wrote His commandments on stone, is becouse you either keep them or break them.
We've all broke them. Jesus died for our sins. Yet like grumpy said, if people don't want their sins payed for, then they can, but they don't realize just how serious God views sin. Eternity in lake of fire, ever burning but never burning up. Able to see those, but never able to be with those who are in Heaven. Those in Heaven will have all loved ones wiped from memory that don't come to heaven.
You two should get together and imagine some more fancy stuff like this.

Location hidden

#284778 Feb 18, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess it's all a matter of perspective. I see the unborn as being the most vulnerable once a woman who knew this was a distinct possibility creates it.

You see it as an inconvenience of irresponsible behavior.
Really? Show us where I EVER said any such thing. Why do your kind have to LIE to make a point?
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Never was that more true in choosing to have unprotected sex.
Why am I not shocked that you ignored my comments on that very issue in the post you are commenting on?@@
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#284779 Feb 18, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it says He cursed it.
Poor little tree.
Do you know what the tree represented?
Yes, I do. Too bad Jesus had to kill a living thing just to try and get a point across.

Location hidden

#284780 Feb 18, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
See, Foo, you being Jewish probably know OT Law, which is key.
Yes, it is key. Genesis to be specific.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#284781 Feb 18, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Charlotte Allen from the Weekly Standard published this. Other sources publish this information as well. Whether you believe it or not is up to you.
"One way Planned Parenthood massages the numbers to make its abortion business look trivial is to unbundle its services for purposes of counting. Those 10.1 million different medical procedures in the last fiscal year, for instance, were administered to only 3 million clients. An abortion is invariably preceded by a pregnancy test--a separate service in Planned Parenthood's reckoning--and is almost always followed at the organization's clinics by a "going home" packet of contraceptives, which counts as another separate service. Throw in a pelvic exam and a lab test for STDs--you get the picture. In terms of absolute numbers of clients, one in three visited Planned Parenthood for a pregnancy test, and of those, a little under one in three had a Planned Parenthood abortion.
"Moreover, in terms of revenues generated, abortion accounted for at least one-third, probably more, of Planned Parenthood's $345.1 million in clinic income reported for the last fiscal year."
---
I would be glad to post other sources but, again, the contradictory nature of the main stream media nowadays leaves one to determine the truth on their own research and resourcefulness. Personal ideology, unfortunately, plays a much bigger part than the truth itself.
Yes, a pregnancy test is not an abortion. What was your point again? Maybe I should just refer to the Conservative American Handbook.

Location hidden

#284782 Feb 18, 2013
Husker wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone knows more about Jewish law than foo.
ROFLMAO You keep telling yourself that Knutbar.

Location hidden

#284783 Feb 18, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Gtown is very ignorant regarding the Word. He accuses me of "attacking" him, when all I'm doing is challenging him.
He shouldn't be affronted. He should take it as a sign he's got a lot to learn. Not only that, but a responsibility to learn.
I've noticed that the extremists are incapable of learning. My view is that its because independent thought didn't work so well for them before they became "born again", and somehow they find life easier with others telling them what to do, say and think.

Personally, I think these kind of extremists are the most dangerous. They too often become followers of "men" like Fred Phelps and the like, or shoot doctors in church.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#284784 Feb 18, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just becouse it happens in nature doesn't make it natural.
With all due respect, this statement is a contradiction.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Female animals cannot go to a doctor animal and have their babies aborted, and if their unborn baby dies, it is just like humans.
Of course, a female animal cannot go to an animal doctor, for whatever reason. That's a rather silly statement. Then again, it would be a moot point as depending on the species, females have the ability to self abort.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as a mother animal killing their young, well there are many answers given,for that, but again it is an unnatural event.
And I gave you some reasons as to why some animals kill their young. Again, if it occurs in nature, and with some regularity, how can it be unnatural? Perhaps a better word would be "abnormal" to describe such situations.

And with all due respect again, I deleted the rest of your post because it has absolutely nothing to due with the discussion at hand which was homosexuality and abortion in the animal kingdom.

Location hidden

#284785 Feb 18, 2013
Bit-o-honey wrote:
<quoted text>. I must speak up.
You were corrected. Doc acknowledged her point.
I've been following that discussion. It's a shame you have to interject yourself into any talk between differing sides that's going wll, in your incessant need to start shit.
Clearly that discussion between the three posters had progressed past the point you keep trying to drag it back to.
These folks are right about you. You certainly don't know when to shut up.
LOL she never did.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#284786 Feb 18, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't answer my questions because you've garbled yourself into a corner.
You wrote:
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"If a [fetus] is viable, then once removed from it's NLS (the womb), and helped with ALS, it will be able to survive and continue to survive on ALS.
If a [born infant] is viable then, even if it's on ALS for a time, it will eventually be able to survive without it."
Look at your statement number 1. If a fetus is removed from the womb and helped with ALS it IS AN INFANT, BORN INFANT,
If a BORN INFANT is on ALS it is still a BORN INFANT.
There is NO DIFFERENCE.
Now, you write:
"Viability of a fetus is determined BEFORE removing it from NLS/ the womb.
Viability of a born infant is determined BEFORE removing it from ALS."
I didn't ask you WHEN the determination was made.
I asked you WHAT the differentiating factors were.
AND I asked you: "How does a fetus survive with ALS? IOW, how does one apply artificial life support to a fetus? "
in response to your statement: "Anyone who believes viability of a fetus has to do with being born and surviving without ALS is wrong."
STO: "You won't answer my questions because you've garbled yourself into a corner."

I did answer your question becauuse I know what I'm talking about and didn't back myself into any corner.

STO: "I asked you WHAT the differentiating factors were.
AND I asked you: "How does a fetus survive with ALS? IOW, how does one apply artificial life support to a fetus? "

In a post following the one you responded to I made it clear:
~"If a fetus is viable, it won't die once removed from its ntural life support/the womb, even if it needs ALS once born, to survive.

If a newborn infant is viable, it won't just survive with ALS, but survive once removed from it."~

Viable FETUS and viable INFANT are 2 different stages of life.

A fetus doesn't survive on ALS. A fetus survives on NLS = natural life support/the womb. Viability of that fetus is determined BEFORE removing it from its natural life support...the womb.

Once born, it's an infant that needs or doesn't need ALS. If it needs ALS, the determination of whether or not it's a viable INFANT, will be made BEFORE removing it from it artificial life support.

Determining viability of the FETUS has nothing to do with being born and needing to "reach viability", surviving as a born infant without ALS, as Katie, Chicky and some other PCers have claimed.

The fetus already reaches viability IN UTERO. It can't be born to "reach viability" as some PCers have claimed, because once born, it's not a fetus. It's PCers who made the claim about a fetus needing to "reach viability" once born, who backed themselves into a corner with their own ignorance.

How does RvW's definition of viability of a FETUS and abortion have anything to do with a born infant reaching viability? It doesn't. That's where the PC claims about being born and "reaching viability" is proven to be mind boggling stupidity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min Joy 1,498,404
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 39 min Ize Found 71,399
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Rshermr 63,403
News Friday was one of the warmest February days on ... 6 hr Samuels Furnace Man 2
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 19 hr silly rabbit 8,023
News A sample menu for Georgia prison inmates on Fri... (Jun '09) 21 hr silly rabbit 49
News Man connected to Connecticut Amber Alert was de... 23 hr Radio Flyer 3016 4

Hartford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages