Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,010
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#284629 Feb 18, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you tell a christian, if they ask why Jesus had to die for their sins?
Hello Gtown. I'd like to answer your question. I am a Christian and I cannot answer such a question. I know it's supposed to be a way for the children of God to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Meaning through our faith and belief in Christ. I find it difficult to accept as it would leave all but the Christians barred from Heaven.

Location hidden

#284630 Feb 18, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are, as usual, 100% wrong about this.
Normal people go through their lives believing in freedoms for people WITH LIMITATIONS.
We believe that people should be allowed the right to drink, but not to drink and drive. We believe in freedom of speech, until that speech hurts others - ie: inciting to riot or the like. That's just 2 of hundreds of examples that could be given.
FOr MOST, the concept of viability as a limit is a perfectly reasonable one. There is nothing contradictory about it.
But you're free to think otherwise. You have many views with NO basis in reality Lynne.
"Normal people go through their lives believing in freedoms for people WITH LIMITATIONS."

If this is true:

Why do pro"choicers" object to laws that limit who can provide abortions, safety measures on the places that provide abortions, and lowering the timeframe of when abortions are allowed as medical science advances?

"FOr MOST, the concept of viability as a limit is a perfectly reasonable one. There is nothing contradictory about it."

If this is true:

Why is it condradictory for a prolifer to defend allowing abortion in the cases of rape, incest, or the life of the mother?

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#284631 Feb 18, 2013
You posted to Doc about artificial womb and abortion:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to respectfully disagree. Abortion would certainly be an issue, because there are women that wouldn't want to have their ZEF transplanted. It would open another option, but it wouldn't eliminate many of the issues themselves.

I posted:
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
If a woman is going to go the route of using an artificial womb, not only would she not have to have her developing child implanted into their own womb, but she wouldn't want to abort her child.

You reply:
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm......WHAT? If she's pregnant, she woudln't have to HAVE her ZEF implanted ANYWHERE Lynne, you idiot. Its already implanted via the pregnancy.
The discussion was about "artificial womb" and your claim that abortion would be an issue if she refused to have the "ZEF" transplanted.

I said "implanted" talking about going from artificial womb to being implanted in her own womb. You said "transplanted", so beginning in artificial womb to where would it be "transplanted"?

I'm not reading the rest of your stupidity, because you couldn't even begin your post understanding what was said. Even if I provided definitions you wouldn't get it.

feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#284632 Feb 18, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but when I said "S O M E " hidus worship cows, according to "S O M E "websights, then it is a provable fact.
That is false, you brain dead idiot. Just because a website says something doesn't make it true. Then again, you believe a 2000 year old book of hearsay is your moral guide to the world.

Bernie, MO

#284633 Feb 18, 2013
?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#284634 Feb 18, 2013
Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
I took notice that Lily offered her opinion on the matter after Guppy rendered the same opinion just some hours ago. I also took notice that Guppy is the one claiming some people on here are paranoid but then she goes on to make such an accusation. I could surely be accused of far worse things than being John.
Can't read for comprehension, Eddie? I didn't share Guppy's opinion. I said it was a coincidence you both came in stating your opinions about my behavior,(and not anyone else's), and that you both used the word "obnoxious".

Guppy suggested you were the same person, and I stated I didn't know if that was the case, and offered another explanation; that you knew each other.

Lil Lily, "I don't know if it's the same person or they know each other."
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#284635 Feb 18, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, not only is it against nature itself, but our country should be giving fanilies tax incentives, which does not apply to roomates. We should encourage strong fanilies, now more then ever, all hell has broke loose on the family unit.
Kids should be raised in the home with their birth parents.
Old people who had a spouse die, should not be forced to loose one of their checks, just becouse they get married.
We have young people shacking up, old people shacking up, and gays are the only one interested in getting married, and very few are interested in staying married.
That is just leaving God out of it. Which is impossible.
have you seen any websight that says some hindus worship cows? If yes they are some websights, and youtube vids, then I didn't lie about it. Some do worship cows.
Most in the US claim to be a christian, but sadly they are like you sto.
No offence, but I feel the reason you clash with those who speak about their God, or like me give a testimony, is becouse you don't have a testimony.
Atleast when I asked you you didn't , so I pray the God you've heard about all your life becomes real to you, before your death.
If you remember, this is what Jesus told Nicodemus, a religious ruler who knew way more about the first five books of the bible then you or I ever will, yet he didn't know the God of that bible. That's what matters.
I met, and became a child of God, and then learned about Him.
Many learn about Him, but do not know Him.
Yeah, the guy who cheated on his wife and had a child with his mistress really should be stressing the importance of marriage.

You're a hypocrite and nothing more.

Location hidden

#284636 Feb 18, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't posted here in months, and your 1st post since being back was about me. Yes, obsessed comes to mind, since the last time you were here, I was the subject matter of your posts then too. It's not about what I post, but about me.
Your opinions of me are meaningless, and it's obvious you haven't had a thing to say about anything I've posted on topic, or your posts would contain rebuttals. They don't. You're much more obvious than you think you are.
You're much more ignorant than you think you are. Do I care to rebut your posts kissing Doc's ass? No. I like Doc by the way so this is nothing against him. As for your other posts? You mean the long string of verbose missives that go on about the "mind boggling" ignorance and stupidity of anyone who dares to disagree with your most superior and learned opinions? The endless manifestos about the people you deem too stupid and too lacking in "comprehension skills" to be even worthy to walk in your most eminent shadow? The pages and pages of posts where you pat yourself on the back and exert your grandiose perceptions of self-importance? You want rebuttals to those posts? The very posts where you obsess endlessly over the lowly status of those ignorant members of the PC camp who in your mind clearly are not even worthy of wiping your royal ass? And then there's the petulant posts where you stomp your feet like a middle schooler and rage because people have the nerve to be friends with Foo. That is the content of your posts in a nutshell. The posts you think make you seem to superior in intelligence to everyone else, but only in your own little detestable mind, when they merely are screams for attention.

Enjoy your massive delusions of grandeur, Lynne. And yes, by now most everyone here "with any intelligence" seems to know you're the pathetic creature know as Lynn. Your pendulum has swung from one extreme to the other.

It's absolutely "mind boggling" that you still cling to this deception that you're not Lynne.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#284637 Feb 18, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and here comes Eddie, who hasn't been here in how long, and first post is to me about my supposedly being "obnoxious", also ignoring the obnoxiousness coming from PCers. Both John and Eddie made no mention of the most obnoxious PC posters: CD, Cpeter, Foo etc. No, those people are ignored by both John and Eddie, and John calls Foo "friend". How sweet.
What a coinkidink that both John and Eddie think I'm obnoxious, both made sure they posted to me letting me know they think I'm "obnoxious", they did so posting to me with their own obnoxiousness about my supposed obnoxiousness. I can't make that stupidity up.
I haven't seen either posting here in awhile, I haven't posted to or about either of them, both post to me about the same thing; what's supposedly so "obnoxious" coming from me, and neither sees it from any other PLer or from anyone in the PC camp.
Their senseless stupidity couldn't be more obvious if they had tried for it to be.
Oh, come on, Lily... You seem to pride yourself on being honest. If you deny that you are very obnoxious, you're either lying or deluding yourself. Your obnoxiousness stands on its own and needs no comparison. I always thought you knew what you were doing, but apparently, this is the real Lily, unplugged and without paint. You can't help being a jerk. That's just you.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#284638 Feb 18, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well sto, if you want to know if I want to learn from a person who says God is ok with abortion, and tries to use verses that say nothing about abortion, to back it up, then no, I don't want that kind of knowledge.
The Spirit of God dwells in all believers, and will lead them in into all truths.
He does that, through His power and His word, and if you don't think Gods Word is under attack, then just look at most "christian" book stores, and all the different versions.
Acts 8: 37 is one of my favorite verses to show how so many new versions have removed the verse entirely.
It could be, becouse it is one of tbe most important verses.
It could be becouse those who put more faith in baptizm, then God had influence on the versions.
It could be the god of this world, had an influence in those peoples lives.
Until you can provide evidence that your favorite storybook is the "word of God", you're just talking out of your gaping behind.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#284639 Feb 18, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have to join a union, and in many places you do, the dues go directly to the Democrat Party whether the employee paying those dues is a Democrat or not.
All taxpayers fund Planned Parenthood whether they believe in abortion or not.
If your dues went to the Republican Party or your taxes funded anti-abortion organizations, you'd be singing a different song.
We all want the same things when it comes fairness, civil rights and protecting the environment. Too many liberals think they own the market on all of these things and the opposition is pure evil.
Even though you don't think that, I'm sure.
Which party is for workers' benefits?
If Democrats vote for equal opportunity, it's for all employees, Democrat and Republican.
If pregnant women need help, Planned Parenthood is available for all women, Democrat and Republican.

“Peace be with you”

Since: Sep 09

Good will to all!

#284640 Feb 18, 2013
Pity, pity, pity.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#284641 Feb 18, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. Using an artificial womb would remove the need to use her womb. Also, if a woman agrees to using an artificial womb, her desire to abort would be non-existant. Obviously using an artificial womb means she wants the child, so abortion would not be an issue. No more than it would be using a gestational carrier.
Hey, yeah. And Lily could start a cottage industry crocheting artificial womb colors.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#284642 Feb 18, 2013
Doc and STO were talking about artificial wombs and viability. Both stating the possibility of limits of viability possibly becoming a non-issue if artificial wombs could gestate from beginning to end. Doc also suggested that abortion would also become a non-issue.

If using an artifcial womb, viability of a fetus is a non-issue since aborting that fetus would be a non-issue. Why would a woman go through using an artificial womb, just to end the life of her developing child? She wouldn't.

Foo jumps in disagreeing that abortion would be a non-issue, and give a reason that has nothing to do with the artificial womb discussion.

Obviously, if it's just women getting pregnant, abortion and viability would still be an issue.

STO was talking sci-fi hypotheticals about artificial wombs and viability no longer being an issue. Artificial wombs would be the ALS that would keep a fetus alive.

Foo's comment disagreeing with Doc had nothing to do with the hypothetical artificial womb discussion.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#284643 Feb 18, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, come on, Lily... You seem to pride yourself on being honest. If you deny that you are very obnoxious, you're either lying or deluding yourself. Your obnoxiousness stands on its own and needs no comparison. I always thought you knew what you were doing, but apparently, this is the real Lily, unplugged and without paint. You can't help being a jerk. That's just you.
You people think I over use the phrase that none of you can read for comprehension, and I do, because not one of you can, and you all keep displaying it.

I never denied being obnoxious. I said that for John and Eddie to claim I was, and do that while ignoring they and all you PC are as well, was hypocritical and it's stupid.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#284644 Feb 18, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't posted here in months, and your 1st post since being back was about me.
Given the proliferation of your insane rantings, you find that ODD?@@
Your opinions of me are meaningless,
ROFLMAO Obviously not, since you've chosen to respond to EVERY ONE OF THEM so far! LOL

You lie like a rug Lynniekins. Methinks thou dost protest too much! <<grin>>

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#284645 Feb 18, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
and it's obvious you haven't had a thing to say about anything I've posted on topic,.
You're saying the same bullshit you've been saying since 2006 Lynnekins! Its not like you have ANYTHING new to offer! LOLOLOL!
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284646 Feb 18, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats because your full of hate Katie, so it comes easy to you.
What do you mean? Hating censorship for adults does not mean I am full of hate? Man, should I start giving you a hard time for using the possessive form rather than the correct contraction?
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284647 Feb 18, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Psssssssst....dummy... .....they're not her posts. In fact, one is yours that's missing. LOLOL
Oh, is that what he meant? He thought those were my missing posts? If they were mine, I wouldn't know they weren't showing up because I'd be able to see them. What a doofus!

Hi Foo!!
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284648 Feb 18, 2013
I see Eddie and Johnnie are taking turns posting comments. Before, they were posting at the same time. That is, until they were caught red-handed.

They are condescending and very effeminate. They remind me of Pete.

On the other hand, you have Goo-Goo eyes. She's very masculine. A know it all. Always ready for a fight. Although, she does suck up to the men. Even though she is a lesbian - she seems to have way more respect for men than women.. Strange, ain't it?

Goo-Goo eyes has two gears. Forward and Backward.

She needs to tone it down a bit. Maybe she's a rough dude??!! If she is a lesbian, she is the husband in the marriage. Funny, ain't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,154,608
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 49,255
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,897
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Frijoles 71,138
Praying That Perez Vigil Was A Bad Dream (Mar '09) 12 hr John J Thomas 48
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sun Bently 19,559
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) Sun Ruth Jeanette L 12
Hartford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hartford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hartford

Personal Finance