Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Jan 22, 2008, Newsday story titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#284487 Feb 17, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
We just have different definitions for worship.
I've still not willingly lied, and I truly don't know what answer you want from me, are you saying I should tell everyone else, that no matter what or who they call God, is ok?
Yes. You choose to honor a Zombie godman that might never existed over 2000 years ago. Have a ball with it. If I choose to honor a different God, deal with it.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#284488 Feb 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
THERE'S a trial I'd like to see: "on this doll, indicate where jesus, the defendant, touched you. Did the authorities run a rape kit?"
<quoted text>
They might have trouble tracking down his birth certificate, though.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#284489 Feb 17, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
satans working overtime and great at his job to hurt or destroy the american family.
Paranoid delusion, much?

Double standard and hypocrisy reigns in your world!

I guess in your F'ked up world, the American Family is you cheating on your wife and having a child out of wedlock with your mistress.

Oh wait, it wasn't your fault. It was that damned devil!
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#284490 Feb 17, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
We just have different definitions for worship.
I've still not willingly lied, and I truly don't know what answer you want from me, are you saying I should tell everyone else, that no matter what or who they call God, is ok?
You do have somewhat of a valid point as the word worship had it's roots in meaning "the condition of being worthy or honored".

Let's try to clear this up for the child-like minds:

You worship your God. You worship Jesus.

Hindus do not worship cows the same way you worship your God.

Hindus do hold the cow as sacred. Understand that they do not regard it as a deity or higher power.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284491 Feb 17, 2013
who wrote post #284468?
it is missing!
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#284492 Feb 17, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Did or did not this president say in his book that he "sought out Marxists professors"?
Did or did not he have an avowed communist on his staff before being forced to resign and a Mao-Tse Tung admirer before she too had to resign?
Something isn't right. Unless one is a marxist or communist sympathizer themself. Societies who ignored red flags wish they hadn't in hindsight.
It's very possible we are repeating history and not learning from it.
What red flag has our history ignored?
Communist countries arose because of the people of those countries were down-trodden by the wealthy. The Russian revolution would not have happened if Tsarist Russia was Liberal.
When Romney said 47% of the population just want freebies, that was a red flag. The people didn'tnignore it.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284493 Feb 17, 2013
and #284381?
that's missing, too.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284494 Feb 17, 2013
Whose posts are these below? All missing from the thread going into last Friday when we noticed LNM's posts were gone from the conversation.

(this is where we began to notice PC posts were gone)

People should check and see if their pages match. I look at the top post number on the last page and go back a page at a time. You can see differences right away (last number on last page a 2, last number on prior page a 4, etc., twenty per page, should stay even).

I really hate censorship!

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#284495 Feb 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Me neither, Eddie.
And it is good to see you.
Glad to read you outlasted the storms :)
Thank you. It's good to see you as well.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#284496 Feb 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, did ##284353 not show up as well?
I see 353. It's there.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#284497 Feb 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, in reply to Guppy accusation that Cptr and I are the same --
I replied to Guppy's post accusing Cptr and I of being the same person. I was cool and told Guppy I was chiding her. That chiding is like teasing with a kick. And might even be a real kick between real friends. But I keep getting a love note telling *me* to refrain from posting profane or offensive material.
It's ridiculous. But every time I copy and paste it, I get the same love note. But people can say all kinds of weird crap to others and it flies on by like it was nothing ... even when it's really foul.
Interestingly, that "be nice..." warning came up every time I posted the link to the photo of the Pope laughing it up with Hitler. That's a legitimate historical photograph, yet Knut posts all kinds of insulting photos.

I keep wondering how Zach is still here.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#284498 Feb 17, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. People who solicit PERSONAL information really creep me out. It's NONE of their bleeping business.
Agreed.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#284499 Feb 17, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
My post #284213 explains that. I didn't contradict myself. I made the mistake of thinking you'd know something was a given. My mistake. I should know better.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
No.

You did contradict yourself. You don't get to make it my fault you contradicted yourself. No amount of explaining is going to change the fact that you contradicted yourself.

You wrote:

"Viability of an already born infant is also about POTENTIAL, and when doctors see a potential for that born infant to survive with medical help..."

In a prior post, you said, and I quoted you ver batim:

"That's not the same as viability of a newborn infant, because the newborn infant is already ~outside of the womb~, so it would be about potential of the newborn infant to survive without medical help."

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#284500 Feb 17, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only go by what I see. If the alleged answer to my post is not visible to me, how am I to know you actually did answer ?
Only in hindsight, in consideration of evidence of post removal, will I admit I was wrong. But I'll never apologize for having said I never saw the posts....because I never did.
Obviously you were wrong about me removing the posts. So it appears there is enough wrong to go around for everyone.
Where did I ever say *you* removed the posts?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#284501 Feb 17, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Master of the obvious. We know.( Not in all states, by the way )
<quoted text>
Again.....obvious.
<quoted text>
Not a thing. Except for one minor thing. None of this has anything to do with my original point, which was....
You said you defended a woman's freedom to choose WITHIN THE LAW. Then you went on to question how anyone could have an argument with such a laudable creed. Yet the fact is you would have NOT professed to live by such a laudable creed pre-1973. In fact, "I" could have said that I lived by such a creed prior to 1973....and you would have had a major argument with it. THAT was the point.
You had two chances to answer and you failed. You no longer have to.........I answered for you.
<quoted text>
You implied it did not meet some criteria for being considered to be alive. Then went on to say that it did not meet the definition of "life".....which brings us back to the original point. The fetus is no doubt a live and developing human. It is the PC that have established the subjectively chosen point at which that life is worth anything or is worthy of protection. How sanctimoniously and self righteously in violation of the fundamental right to life can you be that you would consider the right to privacy as the basis for dictating when a human life should be worthy of protection ?
<quoted text>
The civil rights of the born are already restricted in cases where innocent human life is at stake.
"In fact, "I" could have said that I lived by such a creed prior to 1973....and you would have had a major argument with it."

Well it's not prior to 1973 so I guess your question is moot. We're discussing this 40 years after 1973. We're discussing this in the context of the present, not the past. What I would've said when I was little kid in 1973 is irrelevant.

"It is the PC that have established the subjectively chosen point at which that life is worth anything or is worthy of protection.

Really? And when did I say that "chosen point" is? Refresh my memory.

What I have said is that I would not make the personal choice to have an abortion, and that I let others make that determination for themselves.

"The civil rights of the born are already restricted in cases where innocent human life is at stake."

If you want to speak about the broad category of civil rights then white American males have enjoyed the least amount of restrictions to their civil rights, and I'm guessing you're in that elite group. I wonder if Ole Doc would've been fighting for women's right to vote, or to end slavery. And I wonder if Ole Doc is helping gay citizens obtain the right to marry their same sex partners...or is Doc just interested in forcing the womenfolks to stay pregnant against their will. I guess in Doc's utopia women are really on the bottom of the totem pole. Even an embryo is supposed to have rights that supersedes a woman's rights.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284502 Feb 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
It's astounding; you really think I care what you believe or don't believe when it doesn't matter to me if you live or die.
Nobody lies about living in indy; there are more interesting places to lie about.
I always tell the truth here because it DOESN'T matter to me if believe it or not. As for the guy trying to find me--he DID find me, idiot. That's why I don't give out personal identifying data; dealing with one was enough.
<quoted text>
Another angry gay person. Simmer down. When you say hateful things it makes you look pitiful.

He found you!? Did he become your boyfriend?
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284503 Feb 17, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Interestingly, that "be nice..." warning came up every time I posted the link to the photo of the Pope laughing it up with Hitler. That's a legitimate historical photograph, yet Knut posts all kinds of insulting photos.
I keep wondering how Zach is still here.
That's odd. We've posted pics of the Pope with Hitler before. And yeah, good question about zach. His only function seems to follow CPtr around like a lost dog or something.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284504 Feb 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Yeah, because guys who hate women always defend women's rights.
The fact is that you're a loathesome idiot; your gender is irrelevant.
There's nothing wrong with being gay. But no one in their right mind would want to be a dried-up douchebag like you.
<quoted text>
Pete - When did I say there was something wrong with being gay? You are very sensitive for a grown man.

Dried up douchebag like me? Oh dear. I had no idea. I better make an appointment with the plastic surgeon asap. I hope he can help me. There is nothing worse than being a dried up douchebag. Nothing!

Do guys care about women's rights?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#284505 Feb 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
That's odd. We've posted pics of the Pope with Hitler before. And yeah, good question about zach. His only function seems to follow CPtr around like a lost dog or something.
I can tell you that signed in the post count is 267 598, but when i signed out it showed 267 566. That's 32 posts less.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284506 Feb 17, 2013
Johnny and Eddie are the same person. They showed up at the same time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 min Cold Front 69,688
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min RealDave 1,220,138
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 53 min Earthling-1 52,856
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Fri Hiawatha 19,847
News Bradley International Airport seen as possible ... Fri Larry 1
News Memorable Nights At The Shaboo -- Courant.com (Aug '07) Apr 22 KM Philcox 148
News The 10 commandments of cancer prevention (May '09) Apr 21 Schmones 17
More from around the web

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]