Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,955
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284359 Feb 16, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh, I assume you're asking about Bill O'Reilly the Fox news anchor.
Yeah, he's a Long Island Native--as is Sean Hannity, but I can't swear to where either of them actually "hailed" from except to say that "yes," it was from good 'ol Lawn-Gyland!
Well, we've got a fairly temperate climate here which is pretty good for growing crops, but the composition of the soil itself is pretty terrible--especially along the coasts. Inland, it's probably better but I'll confess that I'm no farmer.
Am I new to what?
Living on Long Island, well, I've been here for 30-plus years so I don't know...
Are you new to Topix?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#284360 Feb 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
either of these posts showing up?
The first post, but not the second post. Is 334 your post?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#284361 Feb 16, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do people hide their first names and their locations? Kind of hard to track down a Tom from New York City, don't you think?
Yikes! I live in a very, very small town. If people knew my name..........I would have to live in fear. Especially from the women on here. God only knows what they would do to me. Tear my heart out and stick needles in my face. Or worse. Guess I better run around and close the shutters! If you don't hear from me, it's because..........
What exactly is your problem? You are on here using a made up name while complaining that we are too. You're starting to act creepish and too interested in our personal information.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284362 Feb 16, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
"I would have no problem using my real name if other people did too."
I see it's pretty much one way with you. Obviously what you say and what you mean are two different things.
Don't be so bitter, Marie

I have no idea if people are telling the truth. I am skeptical.

I have no way of knowing if your real name is Marie. Do I? For all I know, you're a guy.

Some guy says his name is John and lo and behold, some other guy says his name is John, too. Makes you wonder.

I'm pretty honest. Don't know if anyone else is. Lot's of games being played, but not by me. Straight shooter.

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

#284363 Feb 16, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you new to Topix?
No.

Evidently you are, otherwise you'd have taken a glance at my "profile" which is open for anyone--registered or not--to "see."
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#284364 Feb 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Having food and clothing is a need. Water and food is essential, with that in mind, when was the last time you seen someone in america in need? If ever.
I'm 42, and have never seen anyone starve yet, but I have seen many die from over indulging.
The info you have about God came from somewhere. Many claim to know God from the same type of info. I know God, from a personal experience with God, that is offered to not only me, but any and all who wish to know the truth.
I say you should build your own god, becouse you have made up your mind what a good god would be,if he exsisted.
You're insane. You think your baseless opinions about the world are facts. Too bad you don't research anything before opening your big, fat mouth.

Many other people from other cultures can speak of their personal experience with God, just like you. And if their God is not the same as yours, do you think that makes their experience invalid? Remeber, you're the dimwit who talks about Hindus worshipping cows when that is total BS. Seems like you're the as$hat making Gods up in an effort to devalue other religions and their beliefs.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284365 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>
What exactly is your problem? You are on here using a made up name while complaining that we are too. You're starting to act creepish and too interested in our personal information.
Acting creepish? That is my personality. I am interested in people. I don't find that creepish. Why do you? I find that to be a good trait. You are introverted, I guess.

My problem? Didn't know I had one. Why are you so bitter about me?

Personal information? Did I ask you for your financial details? Did I ask for your phone # or your address? No.

You know where I live. I am the only one who has been honest.

You sound very paranoid.

I am a very normal, everyday person, who would never hurt a fly. How about you?

“That rug tied the room”

together--did it not...?

#284366 Feb 16, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Some guy says his name is John and lo and behold, some other guy says his name is John, too. Makes you wonder.
I'm pretty honest. Don't know if anyone else is. Lot's of games being played, but not by me. Straight shooter.
So, which one are "you" going to "Believe...?"
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284367 Feb 16, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
So, which one are "you" going to "Believe...?"
Are you saying one is lying?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#284368 Feb 16, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Evidently you are, otherwise you'd have taken a glance at my "profile" which is open for anyone--registered or not--to "see."
John, "guppy" is a troll that's been around before. Its in its glory now because so many are feeding it. Its a "good" one as trolls go. Posts cordially to get responses, posts like an ass to change it up, then posts nicely again for a time or two. Nobody knows when its sincere or not, and it laughs at all at one time or another.**shrugs** You know what they say, feed a troll, starve a brain cell .... or .... something like that LOL!
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284369 Feb 16, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Clicked on your avatar - basically nothing.

“That rug tied the room”

together--did it not...?

#284370 Feb 16, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Clicked on your avatar - basically nothing.
"As ye seek, so shall ye receive..."

:)
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284371 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, did ##284353 not show up as well?

Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284372 Feb 16, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Acting creepish? That is my personality. I am interested in people. I don't find that creepish. Why do you? I find that to be a good trait. You are introverted, I guess.
My problem? Didn't know I had one. Why are you so bitter about me?
Personal information? Did I ask you for your financial details? Did I ask for your phone # or your address? No.
You know where I live. I am the only one who has been honest.
You sound very paranoid.
I am a very normal, everyday person, who would never hurt a fly. How about you?
The weirder ones say this.
Pretty sure my old neighbor, Ted Bundy, said the same (long before he made his way into your neck of the woods).

“That rug tied the room”

together--did it not...?

#284373 Feb 16, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
John, "guppy" is a troll that's been around before. Its in its glory now because so many are feeding it. Its a "good" one as trolls go. Posts cordially to get responses, posts like an ass to change it up, then posts nicely again for a time or two. Nobody knows when its sincere or not, and it laughs at all at one time or another.**shrugs** You know what they say, feed a troll, starve a brain cell .... or .... something like that LOL!
Yeah, she's a "Rachel" wannabe without "Rachel's" manners, introspection, or sense of self-deprecating humor.

More's the pity...

:(

Rach! Where the heck are ya luv?!?!?
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284374 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, in reply to Guppy accusation that Cptr and I are the same --

I replied to Guppy's post accusing Cptr and I of being the same person. I was cool and told Guppy I was chiding her. That chiding is like teasing with a kick. And might even be a real kick between real friends. But I keep getting a love note telling *me* to refrain from posting profane or offensive material.

It's ridiculous. But every time I copy and paste it, I get the same love note. But people can say all kinds of weird crap to others and it flies on by like it was nothing ... even when it's really foul.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284375 Feb 16, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm impressed that you follow me so closely. I had no idea that you were so interested in me. Thanks.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284376 Feb 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The weirder ones say this.
Pretty sure my old neighbor, Ted Bundy, said the same (long before he made his way into your neck of the woods).
You and Ted Bundy were probably friends. Birds of a feather.

Didn't know Ted lived in Boca.

Katie seems so bitter and out of sorts tonight. What, no date tonight?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284377 Feb 16, 2013
I really wish the women? on here would tone down their bitterness. I'm not here to steal your men. The guys are kind of effeminate. Not my type.

I've tried so hard to be friends, but sometimes women can't stand the competition. I don't get it.

Try to be nice. It's most unbecoming.
Anonymous

United States

#284378 Feb 16, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You're insane. You think your baseless opinions about the world are facts. Too bad you don't research anything before opening your big, fat mouth.
Many other people from other cultures can speak of their personal experience with God, just like you. And if their God is not the same as yours, do you think that makes their experience invalid? Remeber, you're the dimwit who talks about Hindus worshipping cows when that is total BS. Seems like you're the as$hat making Gods up in an effort to devalue other religions and their beliefs.
So you are saying I'm dumb and you're smart, and that if anyone does an internet search about hindus worship cows, then absolutely no websights will say that SOME hindus DO worship cows, correct?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min Smart Alex 1,153,484
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 42 min rabbee yehoshooah... 70,995
Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) 3 hr Careless Crecca 69
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 hr TRD 68,880
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) 19 hr WilliamB41 11
Merry Christmas everyone. Wed teri 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Wed kal 49,174
Hartford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hartford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hartford