Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309850 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284365 Feb 16, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly is your problem? You are on here using a made up name while complaining that we are too. You're starting to act creepish and too interested in our personal information.
Acting creepish? That is my personality. I am interested in people. I don't find that creepish. Why do you? I find that to be a good trait. You are introverted, I guess.

My problem? Didn't know I had one. Why are you so bitter about me?

Personal information? Did I ask you for your financial details? Did I ask for your phone # or your address? No.

You know where I live. I am the only one who has been honest.

You sound very paranoid.

I am a very normal, everyday person, who would never hurt a fly. How about you?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#284366 Feb 16, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Some guy says his name is John and lo and behold, some other guy says his name is John, too. Makes you wonder.
I'm pretty honest. Don't know if anyone else is. Lot's of games being played, but not by me. Straight shooter.
So, which one are "you" going to "Believe...?"
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284367 Feb 16, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
So, which one are "you" going to "Believe...?"
Are you saying one is lying?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#284368 Feb 16, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Evidently you are, otherwise you'd have taken a glance at my "profile" which is open for anyone--registered or not--to "see."
John, "guppy" is a troll that's been around before. Its in its glory now because so many are feeding it. Its a "good" one as trolls go. Posts cordially to get responses, posts like an ass to change it up, then posts nicely again for a time or two. Nobody knows when its sincere or not, and it laughs at all at one time or another.**shrugs** You know what they say, feed a troll, starve a brain cell .... or .... something like that LOL!
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284369 Feb 16, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Evidently you are, otherwise you'd have taken a glance at my "profile" which is open for anyone--registered or not--to "see."
Clicked on your avatar - basically nothing.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#284370 Feb 16, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Clicked on your avatar - basically nothing.
"As ye seek, so shall ye receive..."

:)
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284371 Feb 16, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
The first post, but not the second post. Is 334 your post?
Yes, did ##284353 not show up as well?

Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284372 Feb 16, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Acting creepish? That is my personality. I am interested in people. I don't find that creepish. Why do you? I find that to be a good trait. You are introverted, I guess.
My problem? Didn't know I had one. Why are you so bitter about me?
Personal information? Did I ask you for your financial details? Did I ask for your phone # or your address? No.
You know where I live. I am the only one who has been honest.
You sound very paranoid.
I am a very normal, everyday person, who would never hurt a fly. How about you?
The weirder ones say this.
Pretty sure my old neighbor, Ted Bundy, said the same (long before he made his way into your neck of the woods).

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#284373 Feb 16, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
John, "guppy" is a troll that's been around before. Its in its glory now because so many are feeding it. Its a "good" one as trolls go. Posts cordially to get responses, posts like an ass to change it up, then posts nicely again for a time or two. Nobody knows when its sincere or not, and it laughs at all at one time or another.**shrugs** You know what they say, feed a troll, starve a brain cell .... or .... something like that LOL!
Yeah, she's a "Rachel" wannabe without "Rachel's" manners, introspection, or sense of self-deprecating humor.

More's the pity...

:(

Rach! Where the heck are ya luv?!?!?
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284374 Feb 16, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
The first post, but not the second post. Is 334 your post?
Yes, in reply to Guppy accusation that Cptr and I are the same --

I replied to Guppy's post accusing Cptr and I of being the same person. I was cool and told Guppy I was chiding her. That chiding is like teasing with a kick. And might even be a real kick between real friends. But I keep getting a love note telling *me* to refrain from posting profane or offensive material.

It's ridiculous. But every time I copy and paste it, I get the same love note. But people can say all kinds of weird crap to others and it flies on by like it was nothing ... even when it's really foul.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284375 Feb 16, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
John, "guppy" is a troll that's been around before. Its in its glory now because so many are feeding it. Its a "good" one as trolls go. Posts cordially to get responses, posts like an ass to change it up, then posts nicely again for a time or two. Nobody knows when its sincere or not, and it laughs at all at one time or another.**shrugs** You know what they say, feed a troll, starve a brain cell .... or .... something like that LOL!
I'm impressed that you follow me so closely. I had no idea that you were so interested in me. Thanks.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284376 Feb 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The weirder ones say this.
Pretty sure my old neighbor, Ted Bundy, said the same (long before he made his way into your neck of the woods).
You and Ted Bundy were probably friends. Birds of a feather.

Didn't know Ted lived in Boca.

Katie seems so bitter and out of sorts tonight. What, no date tonight?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284377 Feb 16, 2013
I really wish the women? on here would tone down their bitterness. I'm not here to steal your men. The guys are kind of effeminate. Not my type.

I've tried so hard to be friends, but sometimes women can't stand the competition. I don't get it.

Try to be nice. It's most unbecoming.
Anonymous

United States

#284378 Feb 16, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You're insane. You think your baseless opinions about the world are facts. Too bad you don't research anything before opening your big, fat mouth.
Many other people from other cultures can speak of their personal experience with God, just like you. And if their God is not the same as yours, do you think that makes their experience invalid? Remeber, you're the dimwit who talks about Hindus worshipping cows when that is total BS. Seems like you're the as$hat making Gods up in an effort to devalue other religions and their beliefs.
So you are saying I'm dumb and you're smart, and that if anyone does an internet search about hindus worship cows, then absolutely no websights will say that SOME hindus DO worship cows, correct?
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284379 Feb 16, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Ted Bundy were probably friends. Birds of a feather.
Didn't know Ted lived in Boca.
Katie seems so bitter and out of sorts tonight. What, no date tonight?
Just keep swimming, Dori. You have no idea what you're talking about and I can tell you're obviously phishing. Not much subtlety to your posts.
express

Chicopee, MA

#284380 Feb 16, 2013
http://wanderingtheoutskirts.blogspot.com/

From Eugenics to Birth Control to Designer Babies to IVF and ESCR to New World Order. Still a work in progress, with many posts waiting in the wings everyday.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284382 Feb 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Just keep swimming, Dori. You have no idea what you're talking about and I can tell you're obviously phishing. Not much subtlety to your posts.
Why so bitter, Katie?

Speaking of Ted Bundy. My ex-neighbors sister dated Ted Bundy one summer. Ted's aunt lived in Pennsylvania and he would visit. Someone suggested the two of them should go out. They did. He was too smart to kill her. It would have been too obvious who did it. They called him cousin Teddy.

Anger is bad for your health.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#284383 Feb 16, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a Holy Ghost? Seriously? Is a spirit a ghost? Are the soul and spirit the same thing? All you have is spiritual jargon. Empty words with no substance behind them.
eYt here you are promoting your pagan hate for all Chrisitians. They love you and pray for you. You are undeserving but that is waht Chrsitians do. You are a pagan and will never understand that. Satan has you now.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#284384 Feb 16, 2013
Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
My God woman! You're just as obnoxious as ever. Nothing ever changes with you. No growth. No maturation process. Yes Lily, you are a victim. A pitiable victim. And your superiority over all other humans is duly noted. Have I stroked your ego sufficiently now?
Now plase give that little speech to your proabortion pagan friends.

“qui tacet consentire ”

Since: Oct 12

Detroit

#284385 Feb 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
I did not ever make a claim that "government forced a women to have an abortion prior to R v W". Therefore I don't need to "provide some examples".
Well, you said, "Roe v Wade also protects women against forced abortions", so who did R v W protect women from? You made the claim, I'm just asking you to elaborate on it.
Katie wrote:
Roe v Wade specifically addresses the issue of women having personal privacy and bodily autonomy over their pregnancies. The case from FL was provided to you last year in a different thread. Do you remember? Where the mentally unstable girl was legally able to refuse the abortion being forced upon her by her caregivers? I'm sure the court's ruling will provide you with the insight you seek, BA.
As I recall, the court case was about the care taker opting for an abortion because the pregnancy could endanger the woman's life she was charged to care for. On appeal, a court found that the woman was competent to make that decision for herself, even if it meant losing her own life. You've insisted this meant that the government was forcing an abortion on a woman, obviously, there were extraordinary circumstances.
Roe v Wade did not specifically address protecting a woman against forced abortions because it was not, and never has been, an issue in our country. You made the claim that "Roe v Wade also protects women against forced abortions", that was protected long before Roe v Wade, when abortion was illegal. I was asking you to provide something that challenged this. Your Florida case is irrelevant in regards to Roe v Wade, it was about protecting the womans right to life, a constitutional right established before R v W.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,231,953
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min positronium 53,452
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 36 min Simply Patsy 19,917
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr TRD 70,012
News Strangers Come To Hartford Student's Aid (Mar '09) Thu didusayhome 120
News Glastonbury Parents Cited For Allowing Underage... (Mar '09) Thu tom wingo 275
News Expect A Morning Of Cyclists On 'Bike To Work Day' May 20 American Gentlema... 7
More from around the web

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]