Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
266,921 - 266,940 of 305,378 Comments Last updated Yesterday

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Fn hilarious, LNM.
The irrational paranoia you and she displayed was that, alright. You both looked like bumbling buffoons.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
These are some of the same scientists that suggest that man can control the climate of the earth. What you just described is a human being to everyone except liberals. Since they are way smarter then everyone else with a different opinion, and of course a liberal is never wrong about anything, just as one, they know that its not a human being at all. In other words, an apple can be an orange if they say it is. If you dare to disagree, their wrath is what you'll get. So tolerant and compassionate of them, don't you think?
Couldn't have said it better. An apple can be an orange if they say it is.

Why so many are easily fooled. They repeat what they're told to believe without question. If they're told enough times an apple is an orange, then it must be true.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
What's stumping scientists?
"During early embryonic development, organ systems develop on an "as needed" basis. The brain and spinal cord, for example, which are required to control and coordinate the functions of other major organ systems of the body, are the first to form. At the end of the third week, the embryo is about two millimeters long and the blood vessels and alimentary canal have begun to develop. By the end of the fourth week, all major organs have begun to develop and the heart beats for the first time."
http://www.ehow.com/about_6801344_human-organ...
Hate to say it, but this line of reasoning is why you must be a liberal.

For some reason, liberals seem to have a very difficult time zooming out to see a much bigger picture.

You're describing what scientists know - not what they don't know.

It's more about what they don't know. For instance, they don't know why cells begin to divide on their own after conception.

Neither could they recreate that in any lab from scratch.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
A woman getting an abortion pre-1973 is breaking the law. A woman protesting against the law is not breaking the law. She is exercising her right to work to change an existing law. The law was in fact changed, by SCOTUS. What about this don't you get?
I never said a fetus is not alive, or a developing human. A z/e/f does not have rights. A woman has rights. A born baby has rights.
To give the z/e/f rights would then revoke rights from women. A woman is a born human being, a z/e/f is not born yet.
You people calling a fetus ZEF is ridiculous. Abortion isn't about a zygote, and you're wrong, a fetus does have rights. Rights you people support if you support RvW. Those rights are at viability. Obviously a fetus has been given rights then.

A woman shouldn't have a "right" to have her own flesh and blood child killed.

That is the RIGHT you people want to fight to keep, yet most of you agree she shouldn't have that right at viability. Most of you think a woman who kills her born children are monsters. None of you sees the senselessness of your contradicting views.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can call it what you like, but God callse it eternal security. God doesn't want His children wondering where they will go, after they die. Many things have popped up over the years about life after death, abd many believe different things.
I buried enough family members to tell you, they go in the ground, but their souls go on forever, either in Heaven or in Hell "which is the county jail ",then the lake of fire forever seperated from God, or any friends or family.
I believe this NOW, even though I truly don't know where any of my dead family are.
You're full of nothing more than unprovable garbage and deceit. Why don't you go back to stating that Hindus worship cows so we can laugh at your idiocy?
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't have said it better. An apple can be an orange if they say it is.
Why so many are easily fooled. They repeat what they're told to believe without question. If they're told enough times an apple is an orange, then it must be true.
Kind of like what you do with the words of the bible.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who is a biblical scholar has a screw loose. Why do people waste their time on something that never happened?
Christ died for our sins? Really, how does that make sense? And why does he have so many names?
You'd think people who condoned killing the unborn and tolerated any kind of bad behavior as long as there was no morality involved wouldn't know a thing about biblical principles.

Yet, on another thread I used to be on, these people were the same ones who knew more about biblical principles and Jesus' teaching than any of us.

Odd, huh?

Only one man in history claimed to be the Son of God whose body was not found three days after he died.

It's a mystery the love of God and his grace towards us. Jesus came to help us get it right - love, forgive, mercy, compassion, etc.

When we want a way out of our own sinful natures, Jesus gives us that way. Unless you know it, you can't know it.

It's folly to nonbelievers. That's scriptural.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of like what you do with the words of the bible.
Don't think I've said anything contradictory to the words of the Bible. Could you be more specific?
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Twilight Zone.
How sad that you would think this life on this planet is all there is.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
So our free will and personal choices are pointless? You'd rather we be created as robots?
I never said that.

Robots? Where did that come from.?
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd think people who condoned killing the unborn and tolerated any kind of bad behavior as long as there was no morality involved wouldn't know a thing about biblical principles.
Yet, on another thread I used to be on, these people were the same ones who knew more about biblical principles and Jesus' teaching than any of us.
Odd, huh?
Only one man in history claimed to be the Son of God whose body was not found three days after he died.
It's a mystery the love of God and his grace towards us. Jesus came to help us get it right - love, forgive, mercy, compassion, etc.
When we want a way out of our own sinful natures, Jesus gives us that way. Unless you know it, you can't know it.
It's folly to nonbelievers. That's scriptural.
Spare us your arrogant, biblical BS.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think I've said anything contradictory to the words of the Bible. Could you be more specific?
I was more talking about calling apples oranges, which you enjoy doing when deciding what the bible says and means. Perhaps you forgot when we talked about the bible stating the moon has "her" own light. No suprise that a fundie, bible thumper has selective memory.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that.
Robots? Where did that come from.?
You seemed to be upset that God allowed girls to get pregnant because they have a free will and can make personal choices.

Just connected the dots. Sort of.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is twisting your arm to believe it.

Someone asked the question and I tried to answer it.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

zander714 wrote:
Education would help reduce the perceived necessity of abortion. Sadly, most that are against abortion are also against manditory education.
I most definitely agree. However, the education that's lacking is the reality of abortion. Not the liberal political correctness in the education system that is destroying it.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I was more talking about calling apples oranges, which you enjoy doing when deciding what the bible says and means. Perhaps you forgot when we talked about the bible stating the moon has "her" own light. No suprise that a fundie, bible thumper has selective memory.
Oh well, you lost me with this one.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
See, the thing is...I used to be arrogant and prideful just like you apparently are now. I used to think it was all a bunch of hooey just like you apparently do now.

Truthfully, I still have to work on humbleness at times when it comes to dealing with political correctness and its poison and those who spread it. But I apologize if it comes across as arrogance. It isn't meant to.

These are truly trying times, aren't they?
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Hope those of you still here have a great day.

Later.

“Post at your own risk”

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to say it, but this line of reasoning is why you must be a liberal.
For some reason, liberals seem to have a very difficult time zooming out to see a much bigger picture.
You're describing what scientists know - not what they don't know.
It's more about what they don't know. For instance, they don't know why cells begin to divide on their own after conception.
Neither could they recreate that in any lab from scratch.
If I was to pin a label on myself - it would be a moderate, but why that would matter to you is a mystery.

What bigger picture? Frozen embryos are not science fiction. It's only a matter of time before artificial wombs will be the wave of the future. That would certainly effectively eliminate any reason for voluntarily aborting.

What cause would nosy parkers pursue next?

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You people calling a fetus ZEF is ridiculous. Abortion isn't about a zygote, and you're wrong, a fetus does have rights. Rights you people support if you support RvW. Those rights are at viability. Obviously a fetus has been given rights then.
A woman shouldn't have a "right" to have her own flesh and blood child killed.
That is the RIGHT you people want to fight to keep, yet most of you agree she shouldn't have that right at viability. Most of you think a woman who kills her born children are monsters. None of you sees the senselessness of your contradicting views.
"Lily," you are such an obnoxious personality that I usually simply scroll past your posts without bothering to read them.
It's the same-old same-old from you anyway; you people are boneheads, you people are stupid, you people can't read for comprehension, you people are OWNED by us, the PC are all idiots, blah, blah, blah...
The only positive I'll ever give you is that you haven't fallen into the usual habit of labeling PC posters as "pro-aborts."
There's a fair portion of the PL side that believe a fertilized egg is a "person." This is usually founded on religious principles regarding the creation of an "immortal soul." They also believe that abortion at any of the z/e/f stages is about "killing a person/baby," otherwise, why all the fuss about MAP?
You're trying to twist wording here to suit your preferences; nobody's actually called a fetus a "z/e/f."
I'll assume you're an adult who drives a motor-vehicle. Do you believe that the DMV serves a useful purpose by requiring that drivers are licensed and insured? That their vehicles are registered and pass safety inspections? Do you agree that speed-limits, laws against driving while intoxicated or otherwise impaired by some ingested substance serve a worthwhile purpose?
There is nothing contradictory about reasonable restrictions regarding the development of the unborn and the limits on the abortion thereof. What you're presenting as "contradictory" is a false argument...unless you're arguing that we ought to live in a "lawless" land.
However, that's not what you're arguing--you'd like to see abortion outlawed.
I always find it interesting that conservatives, who rant, rail, scream about government intrusion always want that very intrusion when it comes to "sexuality/personal relationships," and reproductive "rights."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Hartford Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hartford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••