Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,281
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282993 Feb 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Pretending you know my mother's reaction to anything is juvenile.
We were raised by two rules: 1) Never intentionally harm anyone, and 2) don't be a hypocrite. We were allowed to be ourselves; she had no problem with me being gay. It's not like she was worried about having more grandkids or anything.
I know you can't uany concepts outside of the 3-foot plastic bubble you live in, but not everyone CARES about their kids being gay.
<quoted text>
You are deluding yourself if you think your mother wasn't very sad about you being gay. She was heartbroken. I can tell you have never been a parent. She was worried about YOU. She knew your life would be tougher than the average person. SHE DIDN'T WANT YOU TO BE HURT BY WHAT OTHERS SAID. She was worried about aides etc. No, she was probably worried sick that you would contract aides. If you say otherwise you are disingenuous.

Never intentionally harm anyone? How about calling them filthy names? Interesting.
YES, EVERYONE CARES ABOUT THEIR KIDS BEING GAY. FOR INSTANCE, YOUR MOTHER. People want their kids to be happy and healthy. Duh. You have lost your credibility.

3 foot plastic bubble? Whatever.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#282994 Feb 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not STO. I'm Bitner.
Humans are animals. We are part of the animal kingdom. Did you sleep through all of your science classes?
Still, that's not what you said previously. You said we were encouraging kids to act like animals about sex. You lied. I don't have to be "dying" to get you to do so, you're doing it all on your own.
The moron doesn't even know who he's posting to. He doesn't care, he just wants to delude himself.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282995 Feb 8, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you see the abuse he takes on here just for being gay?
He starts 99% of it.

He must enjoy it.

Is he gay?

Is she gay?

Location hidden

#282996 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you see the abuse he takes on here just for being gay?
"guppy" is a troll. Go back in time in the thread, you'll see an occasional poster from the same ISP saying the same crap under many different names.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#282997 Feb 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Ayaka say anyone was having sex?
guppy needs to go back to the little fish pond.
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

#282998 Feb 8, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are deluding yourself if you think your mother wasn't very sad about you being gay. She was heartbroken. I can tell you have never been a parent. She was worried about YOU. She knew your life would be tougher than the average person. SHE DIDN'T WANT YOU TO BE HURT BY WHAT OTHERS SAID. She was worried about aides etc. No, she was probably worried sick that you would contract aides. If you say otherwise you are disingenuous.
Never intentionally harm anyone? How about calling them filthy names? Interesting.
YES, EVERYONE CARES ABOUT THEIR KIDS BEING GAY. FOR INSTANCE, YOUR MOTHER. People want their kids to be happy and healthy. Duh. You have lost your credibility.
3 foot plastic bubble? Whatever.
Aides!

OOooOooOoo NoOOoOoooOoooz

Watch out world! Home health aides are going to getcha!
Anonymous

United States

#282999 Feb 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. As I said, there is a middle ground between tyranny and anarchy that he's apparently never considered.
I realize you think my way of thinking is a pic of a big bearded man dressed like a viking who rules his family with an iron fist, but you would be wrong.

My wife and I are one. We believe in a God who says the man is to rule His house with Godly wisdom.
The man is to give himself up for his wife, as Christ gave Himself up for His bride the church.

We to work together on any and all issues, and if we reach a point where we just don't know, then my wife chooses to let me choose what we should do.

Just like this last presidential election.
We were torn on who to vote for.

Obama was a no brainer for us, becouse of his stance on gay marriage and abortion, and just about all other issues.
Romney was a morman, and we did not want morman to be in the American spotlight, even though we knew it would be between obama or Romney.

Yes there were more running, but history shows that "most " people are cookie cutters and either vote D or R.

We vote according to the person running and their values.
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

#283000 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

When two people come together the two become one flesh, and they are forever linked to that person.
How is your mistress?
Anonymous

United States

#283001 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I see his born-again beliefs seem right in line with Christian/Catholic dogma. Next he'll be telling us we women came from Adam's rib and he has God-given dominion over all the animals of the Earth and the fish in the sea blah blah.
Well that is how God says women were created. Atleast eve came from adams rib.

Of course to us that may sound weird, but just knowing how babies form and are in the womb, for so long, then they take their first breath,is kinda weird.

Plus lets take a look at evolution? It teaches us that women "men, and every thing came from...... A rock! Slim covered rock.

I geuss that makes God's version not seem so crazy after all.
Both take faith.
Evolution takes even more faith.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#283002 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize you think my way of thinking is a pic of a big bearded man dressed like a viking who rules his family with an iron fist, but you would be wrong.
My wife and I are one. We believe in a God who says the man is to rule His house with Godly wisdom.
The man is to give himself up for his wife, as Christ gave Himself up for His bride the church.
We to work together on any and all issues, and if we reach a point where we just don't know, then my wife chooses to let me choose what we should do.
Just like this last presidential election.
We were torn on who to vote for.
Obama was a no brainer for us, becouse of his stance on gay marriage and abortion, and just about all other issues.
Romney was a morman, and we did not want morman to be in the American spotlight, even though we knew it would be between obama or Romney.
Yes there were more running, but history shows that "most " people are cookie cutters and either vote D or R.
We vote according to the person running and their values.
I didn't "picture" anything.

You are the one who seems to think there must be one "in charge". You are the one who is wrong.

Again, my husband and I work until we agree. It's the way it's done in any good partnership.

I see you are just as bigotted against Mormons as you are Muslims. No surprise there.

The fact that you seem to feel a spouses should both vote for the same person says much about you, and really has nothing to do with the subject.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#283003 Feb 8, 2013
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
How is your mistress?
:-D
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#283004 Feb 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
No, I never had sex with anyone I taught. I considered it unprofessional. Some of us have ethics; apparently you don't.
Every post you make tells us you know nothing about us. What you think you know about us is garbage.
I don't have to be a gay woman to object to denigration of them. And yes, something "hit a nerve"--your bigotry. We in the gay community tend to take such things seriously; prejudice affects us all. BTW--violence aganst gays happens virtually very day.
YOU said you had an expert who gave you your "facts", and you clearly lied. All you have is ignorance. And yes, there are people who have expertise concerning gays; they belong to the APA and every authoritative medical and sociological group out there. None of them agree with you.
<quoted text>
Yes, violence is a problem. For straight people too.

I lied? Whatever. You can think as you wish. Clearly, you have a problem with the truth.

None of them agree with me? I probably won't sleep after hearing that. I'm crushed.

Ignorance? Whatever.

BTW - I am entitled to my opinion EVEN if you don't agree with it.

You give gay people a bad name.
Anonymous

United States

#283005 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>
My "version" came from my parents and grandparents, and so far nobody here is even close to being in their league. They talked the talk AND walked the walk.
Well if they were christians, it sounds like they left a very good impression on you.

Do you just reject all they stood for, or have you studied what they stood for, and just figuer they were / are wrong?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#283006 Feb 8, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
"guppy" is a troll. Go back in time in the thread, you'll see an occasional poster from the same ISP saying the same crap under many different names.
I'm flattered that you follow me around.

Are you gay too? If so, I'm not interested.

GooGoo.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#283007 Feb 8, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>guppy needs to go back to the little fish pond.
The gay's are coming out of the woodwork.

Do you all participate in the gay parades?
Anonymous

United States

#283008 Feb 8, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Bin Laden is a terrible representative of Islam. Like Jim Jones or David Koresh were to Christianity.
I've known many Muslims and they are wonderful people.
Yes there are many many "good " people who claim to be muslims,but If they followed the true teachings of islam then they would be like bin laden.

Just like many who call themselves a christian yet never act like one.

Every christian fails from time to time, but even the worst examples get it right some times.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#283009 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it when pro life comes up with these types of things, we are accused of being far fetched and using extreme cases that have nothing to do with the norm???
Less then one month "1" each year of abortions are due to rape and incest /health of mom.
Out of all the abortions done, just how many do you think come from heavy petting? Or frozen ems?
The reason I didn't answer, is becouse the questions you guys are asking are just to stupid to answer.
You would be for aborting a baby 10 mins before birth, correct? See same kinda question, but atleast my question has happened.
It is illegal to abort a full term baby. Ten minutes before delivery? Are you insane? Why ask such a stupid question otherwise?

I put thought and detail into answering your questions and all I get for my efforts is inane BS.

Gee thanks. It's so touching.

Not.

PS What part about the first sentence that abortions have decreased annually upset you? Be honest now.
Anonymous

United States

#283010 Feb 8, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh HELL yeah! Come on STO, just think of all the discussions you and I have had over the years on these kinds of theological issues.
Gtown is a phony, plain and simple.
If sto is your example of a real one, then yes I am a phony.
Although I do regret many of the post I have made on this forum, but I think we all do. Most can read through all the gunk and see the true person.

Some of us have more gunk then others.

Location hidden

#283011 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
IF you actually have a wife, and IF she actually believes the crap you're spewing, she's a bigger idiot than you are.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#283012 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes there are many many "good " people who claim to be muslims,but If they followed the true teachings of islam then they would be like bin laden.
Just like many who call themselves a christian yet never act like one.
Every christian fails from time to time, but even the worst examples get it right some times.
You don't know a thing about Islam. It's clear that you've never even met someone who is Muslim, or you'd know better than that statement. All you're doing is parroting misinformation that others, who ALSO don't know what they're talking about, have spouted before you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min iaintproudofmycou... 1,127,070
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 28 min JOEL 70,103
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr scirocco 68,668
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr True blue 19,387
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 hr grave digger 47,501
Popular '80s West Hartford Music Hall To Be Dem... (Jun '09) Thu AWXYZ 254
Black males often struggle to stay ahead (Jan '09) Thu AWXYZ 423
Hartford Dating
Find my Match

Hartford Jobs

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hartford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hartford

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]