Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 308,065
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Anonymous

United States

#282830 Feb 8, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh PLEASE, is this nonsense really the best you can do? Obviously, it is, which is typical of anti-choice religionists. By the way, I like men just fine. I just don't care for anti-choice guys that are STUCK IN THE PAST by several decades or even two centuries.
It was at the time :)
I'm all for womens right to choose!
They can choose which pots and pans to use, and woman stuff like that!
I think ever man likes a stronge woman, who can make choices without having to rely on the man all the time, and without having to force the man to use his belt.
Men don't like having to do that kinda stuff. Lol

I hope you know I'm kidding.
Now you need to let your man sleep in, in the morning, and if you don't have one get one, becouse it is not good for wo man to be alone :)
Ocean56

AOL

#282831 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Did you ever watch Brave heart, with Mel Gibson?
Sex is natural, but gay sex is not.
It's not for YOU or any other homophobic religionist to decide for anyone else what is "natural" or not. Anti-contraception imbeciles believe sex is ONLY for the purpose of procreation. They would probably say "sex is natural, but contraception is not."

As for the man-made invention of "sin," I have only ONE way to describe it: S.I.N.= Self-Inflicted NONSENSE. Your constant ranting about "sin" is another reason why I kicked the toxic baggage of gods, religions and churches to the curb over 20 years ago. It's wonderful how much freedom I have when I'm NOT shackled with such ridiculous beliefs like "birth control is a sin."
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

#282832 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well as far as me having the facts I need, yes I do, becouse my boring story I tell all the time, is enough facts for me. Yet even I had to believe it by faith, the night He woke me up. There was No mistaking who He was, but again I did not see Him or hear Him audibly,but I did Hear and see Him spiritualy.
No one or thing has ever been able to answer my question on how what was done was done. I have had many try,but they left out God, and gave me credit for wanting to clean my life up and doing it, and as good as that soonded, it was wrong, plus like I stated before -I never never never wanted anything to do with any church or any religious people. Those that was in my wifes family that was, knew better then to try and convert me, so that's all the facts I need.
Plus to hear stories about how so many more had their lives changed, and the to give all CREDIT TO GOD. They,like me DO NOT BOAST, about how great they are.
Now you have to decide by faith to believe or not believe my story or Gods?
I realize I mess up, since I'm human, and I mess up alot, but I just try to show all others where God is, when, if they say anything at all to you about God, most only invite you to "their " club house, and tell you how wonderful their club is. I try and tell you how wonderful God is. Plus many more read this :)
Your personal experience is not objective proof of anything. I am sorry you are unable to understand simple, English terms.
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

#282833 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
See foo IT IS A WORD GAME WITH YOU. No you have never said others religion was FAKE, but then look at what you say in the same post.
YOU LIE ABOUT OTHERS LYING. LOL LOL LOL
You just hate the fact, that I tell others about God, face it.
No matter what name you wish to use, since God has many names, but YOU KNOW that no matter what name you use, God will never be ok with your lifestyle.
You hate a Holy God and any who represent Him.
You love death, and that of the most vulnerable of humans.
Absurd judgements from Mr Know It All.

I can say that God does not approve of your lifestyle either. It does not make it so.
Ocean56

AOL

#282834 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
I think ever man likes a stronge woman, who can make choices without having to rely on the man all the time, and without having to force the man to use his belt.
Give the phony "charm" a rest, G; it isn't working. By the way, I don't think you're "kidding" at all. You made your archaic beliefs about women very clear when you FIRST arrived here, and you only began backpedaling when you realized they made you look bad.

I think you still believe all that 19th-century "woman's place" nonsense, you're just not going to promote it as much as you used to.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#282835 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe Jesus Christ came to earth, was born of a virgin, lived a perfect life, died on the cross for the sins of the world, and rose victoriously over hell and the grave 3 days later,and that I am being a bad example of a christian or a fake one?
I don't believe those things.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282836 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you need to let your man sleep in, in the morning, and if you don't have one get one, becouse it is not good for wo man to be alone :)
Gtown71 has changed. Before, it was all about god etc., now he is getting funny.
The pots/pans, belt lines were funny.
Didn't know religious freaks had a sense of humor. Maybe Gtown has wised up and left his holy roller church. Nice going, Gtown.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#282837 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So I'm clumsy. I COULD BE WORSE, AND HAVE BEEN WORSE.:)
I THINK YOU SEEM TO BE GENUINE, unlike some who can't get past name calling, and I to can get sucked into the game, but get tired of it.
I just wish pro choice could give solid reasons why abortion should be kept as is, even though they do not have to say a word. I just wish they would.
I truly wonder if the number of abortions done each day bothers them, but they may be afraid to say, becouse it may show weakness?
Anyway I'm bad at being good, but not good at being bad. Lol
There is a reason for that, and I cannot get away with things, that perhaps others can :)
PCers have given solid reasons. You just ignore them and spout your religious beliefs as though they are fact. You are the one who cannot give a solid reason why abortion should be illegal.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#282838 Feb 8, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
For all the prochoicers here; have you all noticed that in just about all cases of teen pregnancy, it is usually the girl who gets blamed for getting pregnant but almost never the guy who GOT her pregnant? I have, and it drives me nuts. The idea of blaming ONLY the girl is idiotic, but most anti-choice morons are BACKWARD enough to support it.
Personally, I think the question of WHOSE idea was it to have sex in the first place really needs to be asked in these cases. I believe it DOES matter, because after all, it takes TWO people, a girl AND a guy, to create a pregnancy.
That being said, I also think it is vital for girls to realize that whatever dreams they have of a college/vocational education and a job/career after that could easily be destroyed if they make the mistake of having sex and possibly getting pregnant.
IMO the most important question a girl who has dreams of education and career after high school must ask herself is: "is having sex worth having all my education and career dreams ruined if I get pregnant?" The obvious answer to that is "NO, it is NOT worth the risk of getting pregnant and then being stuck with a baby. It is NOT worth my having to give up all my dreams of a good education and career. So I will NOT do it, even if a guy says he'll break up with me."
Asking and answering that ONE vital question could make it much easier for a girl to dump an immature boyfriend who keeps pressuring her to have sex. Guys who keep pressuring girls to have sex before they've even graduated high school aren't worth keeping as boyfriends in the first place. So ladies, if a guy threatens to break up with you if you don't have sex with him, DON'T give in. Break up with HIM instead.
Bravo!!

And I'd like to add that I'm sick of these arrogant pro-choice men who forget that it is in fact the males (who got some young girl/woman pregnant) who can, and do, walk away and continue to enjoy their freedom and can go on to college and fulfill what they want to do with their life while their former girlfriend is the one stuck trying to raise a child and will often end up in poverty. The women are the ones stuck trying to figure out how they'll even hold some job when they need someone to watch their child.

So ignoramuses like Doc, Tom Tom, Gtown and all the other ant-choice males on here can continue to pontificate on the legality or morality of abortion while they remain blissfully clueless about the reality of the hardships of single motherhood.

These male buffoons will never face the physical difficulties of a pregnancy/delivery and they will never know what it's like to be an uneducated single mother trying to raise a kid on either welfare or some kind of part time minimum wage job.

And yes, there are success stories of single mothers becoming educated and successful, but many of them were lucky enough to have family support while so many other single mothers are truly on their own...especially after being abandoned by some cowardly male who was just using his penis as some kind of sexual divining rod.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282839 Feb 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
You know absolutely nothing. Your every post confirms it.
I was actually being nice. Using "lesbo" just makes you a common bigot. "Arrogant bitch" is far too kind for the likes of you.
I taught safe sex to save lives. I'm not a self-righteous prig; I don't tell others what is right and wrong. Sex is normal and healthy; if you dislike that FACT...who really cares? You're just an arrogant bigot.
I know a lot more about gays and their family than you ever will, because you know noting. Prove your idiotic heory about militant lesbians. Surely you or your "expert" can link to peer-reviewed data.
You've never been through the adoption process, have you? It's intensive. The only way "nutty" people can adopt is by buying a kid overseas. People with no rapport with kids have no INTEREST in adoption.
Let's see...you call women "lesbos" and toss out completely unsubstatiated pseudofacts, and I'M prejudiced? What an utter fool you are.
<quoted text>
You taught safe sex to meet other guys. It had nothing to so with safe, it was all about sex. Isn't that what your lifestyle is all about - sex? Do you ever get to know the guys who sleep with? Ever get their names at least?
It's not ok to call lesbians, lesbo's, but it's ok to call a straight woman an arrogant bitch? Prejudice d much. Loss of credibility. Take your blinders of. There is a big world out there and most people are straight. Thank god. So, you better start sucking up to us, or else your life will be miserable. If it isn't already.
Adoption process? No, but I have heard it's not that bad. Didn't you qualify? Just because you try to adopt, doesn't mean you are adoption material. The main concern for people who work for adoption agencies is to find a home for these poor kids. Not all homes are perfect, and they keep their fingers crossed that it will work out. You have a lot to learn. You must be young and foolish. Well, that's how you sound.
You don't care about kids, straight people etc. You only care about yourself and the gays. Who is the bigot? Yes, you.
Are you bringing up my 'expert' again? Rolling eyes.
Maybe you should try foster care. You get $17.00 a day. That should cover the three bowls of oatmeal you would serve the poor kid.
I know nothing about gays? Is that even possible?
Sincerely,
The Utter Fool

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#282840 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your jokes completely lack any humor. I think they just show your true feelings.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282841 Feb 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
A good woman? I know a lot of good women; many of them are lesbians. They are great friends and that's it. Maybe you need a good woman--or a very bad one.
I'm sure you have no idea what relief means. Neither does anyone you've slept with:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1hk0sGep1bcXX
I wasn't interested in teens when I was a teen; I certainly have no interest now. BTW--pedophilia concerns prepubescent children. Just one of the quadrillions of things you don't know.
Mom's dead. She would not have put up with a momma's boy; we were raised to be self-sufficient and independent.
<quoted text>
You only hang out with gays? I guess you have more in common with them. Ha.
Anyone I've slept with? Do you think straight people sleep with a lot of people? No.
You weren't interested in teens whilst a teen? I guess you went for the up to 12 year old age group. That is sad. People who prey on little kids have to be severely punished.
I didn't watch the you tube thing. What was that about?
Did you kill your mother by telling her you were gay? Some parents can't handle it. I guess the disappointment is overwhelming.
Sincerely,
The Utter Fool
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

#282842 Feb 8, 2013
Want and need an abortion go get one...Dont want one and dont need it dont ge one...YEA FREEDOM.........
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282843 Feb 8, 2013
sickofit wrote:
Want and need an abortion go get one...Dont want one and dont need it dont ge one...YEA FREEDOM.........
Brilliant...

Well said and very true.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282844 Feb 8, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your jokes completely lack any humor. I think they just show your true feelings.
Do you have a sense of humor?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282845 Feb 8, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo!!
And I'd like to add that I'm sick of these arrogant pro-choice men who forget that it is in fact the males (who got some young girl/woman pregnant) who can, and do, walk away and continue to enjoy their freedom and can go on to college and fulfill what they want to do with their life while their former girlfriend is the one stuck trying to raise a child and will often end up in poverty. The women are the ones stuck trying to figure out how they'll even hold some job when they need someone to watch their child.
So ignoramuses like Doc, Tom Tom, Gtown and all the other ant-choice males on here can continue to pontificate on the legality or morality of abortion while they remain blissfully clueless about the reality of the hardships of single motherhood.
These male buffoons will never face the physical difficulties of a pregnancy/delivery and they will never know what it's like to be an uneducated single mother trying to raise a kid on either welfare or some kind of part time minimum wage job.
And yes, there are success stories of single mothers becoming educated and successful, but many of them were lucky enough to have family support while so many other single mothers are truly on their own...especially after being abandoned by some cowardly male who was just using his penis as some kind of sexual divining rod.
Makes sense to me. Well said. Do you really mean it?
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#282846 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
They can choose which pots and pans to use, and woman stuff like that......
Omg, you are a vile excuse for a human being. You think it's funny to joke about equality.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#282847 Feb 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
PCers have given solid reasons. You just ignore them and spout your religious beliefs as though they are fact. You are the one who cannot give a solid reason why abortion should be illegal.
Jonnycakes is a fundie, facts and evidence are foreign to him and he "knows"that you're going to hell because you don't agree with him. He thinks met jesus 12 years ago. You can have a rAtional conversation with someone so closed minded and arrogant.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#282848 Feb 8, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>No it is allowing, Roe v Wade was a decision, hand down by the SCOTUS declaring a woman's right to privacy. This was decided back in 1973, meaning, prior to that decision, the law of the land did not permit "Legal" abortions. So from 1776 to 1973 or 197 years, this was not allowed! The endangerment of the life of the woman was always a consideration, even prior to Roe v Wade, so you actually alway had that right prior to Roe v Wade. As I stated earlier, and opinons will vary, but losing 1/4 of a generation, is a lot of potential, gone unrealized.
Historically you're incorrect. Prior to 1873 abortion before quickening was advertised, common and legal for anyone to perform an abortion. Midwives were performing abortions and prescribing and distributing abortive remedies. Later in the mid 1800's the push to illegalize abortion was from the medical field because of the competition with those not educated to practice medicine and the American Medical Association was born and they argued abortion was morally wrong and dangerous except when life of the mother was an issue. Thanks to the medical field, the "back alley", illegal abortion was born.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282849 Feb 8, 2013
Ever drive through Sarasota and the first thing you think of is PeeWee Herman?

Can't believe he lost his career over that! Isn't that what guys do all the time?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Grey Ghost 1,174,763
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 50,506
Police: Suspect Tried To Strangle Woman (Mar '08) Sat curious1 170
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Sat TRD 69,018
missing my daughters Thu paulacasey 1
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) Thu paulacasey 45
Connecticut News - State, National and Local Ne... (Mar '07) Jan 29 Malishx 33

Winter Storm Warning for Hartford County was issued at February 01 at 4:58AM EST

Hartford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:54 am PST