Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 315213 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Auburn, WA

#282655 Feb 7, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
So why don't you PERSONALLY explain the difference to me then ?
I'm all ears/eyes.
<quoted text>
I've confused no such thing. The legal term IS in fact the medical term since RvW used an existing medical definition of "viable" when they established the legal definition.
There is no "interpretation" of RvW's definition of viable. It is cut and dried.
<quoted text>
Get lost ya bore. If you didn't want that slimy bone picked up all you had to do was keep your clueless opinion to yourself. You've already established countless times that you have no idea what you're talking about.
<quoted text>
CD is getting butchered. You haven't been paying attention.
I'm still trying to decide if you want the courts to determine medicine.

Oh and Doc? Friendly reminder, I'll post when I feel like it. And ignore when I feel like it.
Ocean56

AOL

#282656 Feb 7, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
Now lets be honest Ocean, he likes to LIE. But he does it in his jebus's name so its Okiedokie in what passes for his mind! <<wink>>
LOL
Yep, you're absolutely correct, Foo, Gtown does like to LIE. What's really funny is watching him try to CON us into believing nonsense like "I've never willing lied on this forum." LOL
Obskeptic

Farmington, MI

#282658 Feb 7, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow up dear. Not everyone believes in your deity and that's okay. That's the beauty of America.
You conduct yourself like an angry, petulant child in all of your posts, and your telling me to grow up. Your nothing but a pushy, arrogant, insulting little know it all to anyone who has disagreement with you. Attack, attack, attack, with relentless consistency is what makes liberals impossible to to even have a discussion with. You think just because you talk down to those you disagree with, that it somehow elevates you, when all it really does is reveal what an insecure idiot you are.
Obskeptic

Farmington, MI

#282659 Feb 7, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwwwww, still pissed that you don't get to decide what I or anyone else writes, I see. Too bleeping bad.
I'll keep mentioning the HARDSHIPS of motherhood all I want, goofy, simply because anti-choicers like you would prefer that girls and women NOT know about them until AFTER they have had a baby. Keeping girls/women ignorant of these hardships is a bad practice that needs to be changed.
I think they need to know about them long before a pregnancy even occurs, so they can take the necessary steps to get and use birth control to PREVENT unwanted pregnancy. In the case of teen girls, I think they're better off being sexFREE, meaning free FROM sex, until they have graduated high school and completed ALL their desired levels of education. It's wonderful how much freedom a teen girl has when she ISN'T pregnant.
And I will keep referring to you pro deathers as unreasonable and closed minded. Most of what you just posted though I am in total agreement with you on regarding teen pregnancy. That actually makes total sense.
Trust

Atlanta, GA

#282660 Feb 7, 2013
Have you been searching for a good and reliable loan lender to give you a loan, worry no more here comes the lucky chance you have been waiting for contact us now via [email protected] for more info on how to get your loan
Obskeptic

Farmington, MI

#282661 Feb 7, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh PLEASE. Reproduction is the process of human biology, nothing more than that.
What gets anti-choice religionists like you so ticked off is that women can reject your archaic beliefs just as easily as they can reject motherhood, with NO penalties whatsoever. Well, too bad for you, sparky. The fact remains that motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required. I suggest you deal with it.
Your so skilled at juvenile name calling Ocean. You must have perfected those skills by either being a bully in high school, or your parent taught it to you. You hate so well and so easily. It seems to just come naturally to you liberals.
Obskeptic

Farmington, MI

#282662 Feb 7, 2013
Is a Homosexual Lifestyle Safe?

by Dave Miller, Ph.D.
Brad Harrub, Ph.D.

Q.

Is a homosexual lifestyle safe?

A.

Living a homosexual lifestyle is far from “safe.” In fact, homosexuals experience a shorter lifespan than heterosexuals—a fact that is not often reported in the national press. In an effort to estimate the life expectancy of homosexuals, Paul Cameron and his colleagues reviewed 6,714 obituaries from sixteen United States homosexual journals (1993). They then compared those results to obituaries from two conventional newspapers. Cameron and his colleagues reported the following results:

Median Age of Death
Heterosexuals Homosexuals*
married men 75, 80% died old 39 if AIDS was the cause (1% died old)
unmarried men 57, 32% died old 42 in non-AIDS cases (< 9% died old)
married women 79, 85% died old
unmarried women 71, 60% died old
* In the 6,714 homosexual obituaries
Yet, according to the Center for Disease Control, the average life expectancy rate in the United States is 77.2 (according to 2001 data). Thus, the average homosexual (without AIDS) dies 35.2 years earlier.

Cameron, et al., also demonstrated that if the person had not died of AIDS, homosexuals faced a great deal more violence than their heterosexual counterparts. They discovered that homosexuals died:

10 times more often in accidents
17 times more frequently in traffic
26 times more often from suicide
87 times more from murder
23 times more often from heart attacks (compared to white men aged 25-44)
Cameron and his colleagues presented their findings at the Eastern Psychological Association, concluding that homosexuals do not live to old age, when compared to non-homosexual counterparts. Their study clearly established that homosexuals experience shorter life spans compared to heterosexuals.
Obskeptic

Farmington, MI

#282663 Feb 7, 2013
Male Homosexuals

Research indicates that the average male homosexual has hundreds of sex partners in his lifetime:

· The Dutch study of partnered homosexuals, which was published in the journal AIDS, found that men with a steady partner had an average of eight sexual partners per year.[12]

· Bell and Weinberg, in their classic study of male and female homosexuality, found that 43 percent of white male homosexuals had sex with 500 or more partners, with 28 percent having one thousand or more sex partners.[13]

· In their study of the sexual profiles of 2,583 older homosexuals published in the Journal of Sex Research, Paul Van de Ven et al. found that "the modal range for number of sexual partners ever [of homosexuals] was 101-500." In addition, 10.2 percent to 15.7 percent had between 501 and 1,000 partners. A further 10.2 percent to 15.7 percent reported having had more than one thousand lifetime sexual partners.[14]

· A survey conducted by the homosexual magazine Genre found that 24 percent of the respondents said they had had more than one hundred sexual partners in their lifetime. The magazine noted that several respondents suggested including a category of those who had more than one thousand sexual partners.[15]

http://www.frc.org/get.cfm...
Obskeptic

Farmington, MI

#282664 Feb 7, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for finally admitting you ARE a religious fanatic. And yes, this IS 2013, and NO woman has to be a mother unless she WANTS to be one. I know, you have a real problem with that. Too bad.
Who said you have to be a mother. You can choose to have your child adopted since your so pro choice. But thats not good enough for you, because no one is going to raise your child, not even you. Instead, you would just kill it before it had the chance to grow up and become the godless, angry, arrogant human you turned out to be. Good for you! Bravo!
Ocean56

AOL

#282665 Feb 7, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
And I will keep referring to you pro deathers as unreasonable and closed minded. Most of what you just posted though I am in total agreement with you on regarding teen pregnancy. That actually makes total sense.
You can call me whatever you want; it makes no difference to me. When all is said and done, the prochoice position comes down to just four simple words: let EACH woman decide.

The problem that anti-choicers have with that is their LACK of authority to make sexual and reproductive choices for all women. Tough luck for them. This isn't the 1850's or 1950's, and women DO have rights now, including the right to terminate a pregnancy.

Ocean56

AOL

#282666 Feb 7, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
Male Homosexuals
And you are posting this homophobic nonsense...WHY, exactly? It has nothing to do with the topic of abortion.
Ocean56

AOL

#282667 Feb 7, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
Your so skilled at juvenile name calling Ocean. You must have perfected those skills by either being a bully in high school, or your parent taught it to you. You hate so well and so easily. It seems to just come naturally to you liberals.
As with all anti-choice assumptions, yours are also WRONG. However, it is hardly being a bully to push back against anti-choice extremists who call prochoice women "baby killers," "lazy sluts," etc. If anti-choicers don't like being CALLED extremists, they should stop acting that way.

The fact remains that each woman gets to decide for HERSELF whether or not to continue a pregnancy. If it isn't YOUR pregnancy, it isn't your decision. Why that is so hard for you to understand is beyond me, but thankfully, your inability to get that isn't MY problem to deal with.
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

#282668 Feb 7, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of FOR BY GRACE ARE YE SAVED, NOT OF WORKS lest any should BOAST, that you don't understand?
What part of God changed my desire to sin, do you not understand.
People who are truly saved will still sin, since they are still in their earthen body, BUT the way they desire to sin, and how they feel after they sin is two different worlds.
As far as Hell.
I never even really thought very much about it untill the night God woke me up.
God is the one that let me know, that I was fixing to make a decision to accept His free gift "THAT I DO NOT AND CAN NOT BOAST ABOUT ",or Hell would be my home when I died.
So I have the written word of God, that does talk about Hell, regaurdless of how many wish it didn't , or try and discredit the word, PLUS I have God Himself, through His Holy Spirit, that let me know in the blink of an eye that Hell is real.
So, do I believe in a book, that just so happens to back up and tell me all that happened to me in person with God, OR do I believe some person on the internet who tells me this god is a liar about Hell, and has nothing better to offer at all.
I think a guy named Joshua, which lived long before I came along, said it best -when He said "as for me and my house we will serve the Lord ".
Your delusions are your own. I guess that dinner with Jesus and Elvis really changed you.
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

#282669 Feb 7, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

Death is natural, but death is a enemy, and was brought forth when sin entered the world.
The enemy death will one day "die ".
Rubbish. Things died long before your manmade concept of sin. Spare us your religously swayed opinion and let us know when you have any facts to support your never ending BS.
Ocean56

AOL

#282670 Feb 7, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
Who said you have to be a mother. You can choose to have your child adopted since your so pro choice. But thats not good enough for you, because no one is going to raise your child, not even you. Instead, you would just kill it before it had the chance to grow up and become the godless, angry, arrogant human you turned out to be. Good for you! Bravo!
Can you explain why there are over 100,000 kids currently in foster care? I'll save you the trouble; because they WEREN'T adopted. So adoption isn't the "magical" cure for unwanted pregnancy you make it out to be, is it.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#282671 Feb 7, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
A woman has a right to choose not to stay pregnant. She has a right to make her own medical decisions in private, with no interference.
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

#282672 Feb 7, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
Male Homosexuals
Research indicates that the average male homosexual has hundreds of sex partners in his lifetime:
· The Dutch study of partnered homosexuals, which was published in the journal AIDS, found that men with a steady partner had an average of eight sexual partners per year.[12]
· Bell and Weinberg, in their classic study of male and female homosexuality, found that 43 percent of white male homosexuals had sex with 500 or more partners, with 28 percent having one thousand or more sex partners.[13]
· In their study of the sexual profiles of 2,583 older homosexuals published in the Journal of Sex Research, Paul Van de Ven et al. found that "the modal range for number of sexual partners ever [of homosexuals] was 101-500." In addition, 10.2 percent to 15.7 percent had between 501 and 1,000 partners. A further 10.2 percent to 15.7 percent reported having had more than one thousand lifetime sexual partners.[14]
· A survey conducted by the homosexual magazine Genre found that 24 percent of the respondents said they had had more than one hundred sexual partners in their lifetime. The magazine noted that several respondents suggested including a category of those who had more than one thousand sexual partners.[15]
http://www.frc.org/get.cfm...
Do you have a study from an objective source or only one who has a rigid stance against homosexuality?
Ocean56

AOL

#282675 Feb 7, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
A woman has a right to choose not to stay pregnant. She has a right to make her own medical decisions in private, with no interference.
Exactly. It's a right that anti-choice guys seem to have a REAL problem with, especially those who don't like the idea of women HAVING rights in the first place.

I'm sure a lot of these bozos still have archaic notions about "a woman's place" and all that other 19th century nonsense. You know, the ones who voted for conservative idiots like Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock.:-)
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#282676 Feb 7, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Your expert is meaningless if you can't give credentials. I'm betting it's some religious twit. But who cares--you won't even tell us what field it is. Clearly, you have something to hide.
Novelty? Sorry, we aren't as shallow as you are.
<quoted text>
I don't have to out this person. That would not be fair. Clearly, I have something to hide.

Religious twit? Ah.........no.

Novelty? Yes, as these little kids get older and more expensive the gays will become less enamored. Right now, it's a trophy type thing.

You care.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#282678 Feb 7, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
You want a list of the men I've fu**ed? Worried your father is on it?
<quoted text>
Yes, I would like to see the list of three men. Are they gay?

My father? You weren't his type. He probably died before you were born.

While you are listing your THREE men, add the long list of teenage boys as well.

This should be interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Grey Ghost 1,564,136
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr WPWW 20,966
News State child agency pulling wards from Durham sc... (May '07) Thu jjbowler300 54
News What is Being Done About the Fentanyl Crisis in CT Jul 18 Gavone 11
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) Jul 17 Standing up to DCF 86
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Jul 13 John 63,930
Why are puerto ricans so lazy & don't work? (Nov '13) Jul 13 LaLa Land 9

Hartford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages