Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309954 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282607 Feb 6, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Expert in what? Experience in what? Homosexuality isn't a major in ny instituti0on of higher learning.
Call me names if you want--I've been called worse names by better people.
<quoted text>
I can just imagine the names you have been called.

BTW - I never called you names until you lowered yourself and called me a few. Tit for tat, eh?

People in glass houses..........

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#282608 Feb 6, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the answer?
Yes I do. Do you?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#282609 Feb 6, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
In a field that makes them very knowledgeable about kids and parents.
Get the chip off your shoulder.
What field is it?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#282610 Feb 6, 2013
Guppy's getting bitchy. Oopsy...
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282611 Feb 6, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Pollyanna? Not at all. I just know what I'm talking about.
AIDS (not aides) is a non-issue in regard to the subject. There are plenty of people with chronic diseases out there; few even attempt to adopt.
I deride what you say because it's meaningless twaddle; you might as well be a wealthy norwegian describing lif in harlem. You're telling me things about MY community that I know aren't true, and that you can't back up.
Who is this expert? Kids aren't placed in homes with DV. As far as being "militant" is concerned, define "militant", and how it wold make a home a bad placement.
I didn't say I didn't like kids; I said I have no rapport with them.
<quoted text>
Aides is one serious chronic disease. Don't kid yourself.

Are you an expert in YOUR community? Rolling eyes.

Militant - combative etc. Lots of domestic abusive with the lesbo's. Kids shouldn't be with them either.

No rapport with kids? In other words, you don't care about them. Do you have any?

You must have lost at lot of friends to Aides, or did they miraculously survive because everything in gayland is honky dory?

You don't have all the answers.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282612 Feb 6, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I do. Do you?
Well? Go ahead or do you have to look it up?
Gtown71

United States

#282613 Feb 6, 2013
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolute rubbish. Go tell your religious mumbo-jumbo to the children with terminal cancer.
Death is natural.
Seems to me like you're scared to death, lol, of death. It is no wonder you cling so hard to the delusion that you have eternal life.
Again you miss my point.
Again what part of eternal security do you not understand?

Perhaps you fear death? Most people do, even saved folks, but as a Guy that found his father dead at 9-10 years old, and burying just about my entire family, before I was 22, then you can trust me or not when ai say I don't fear death.

Death is natural, but death is a enemy, and was brought forth when sin entered the world.
The enemy death will one day "die ".

We can agree on 1 thing! 10 out of 10 people Die!
Little sweet kids who never even started living die, just like one I and others prayed over, that was 9 yo and was diagnost at age 2.

Or if you live like Hugh Hefner, and get to live a long lust filled life, with anything you can imagine at your disposal.

Whether or not you live in a multi 1,000,000 dollar mansion or a mud hut -we all will face death.

The bible says that all of those who have been born twice, will only die once. Those who have only been born once, will die twice.

This must take into account if the person has reach the age, where they have crossed over Gods line.

Some are born and will die, having never crossed Gods line.

If anything a child dying with cancer should make one very thankful for what they have, and their healthy body, to be used in good ways, yet as you can see most people are the ones telling us, that having kids get in the way of YOUR life.
Just have fun -and if that involves sex, then bring in the baby and we will get rid of it, so that you can on with YOUR life.

Location hidden

#282614 Feb 6, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well? Go ahead or do you have to look it up?
ROFLMAO Go ahead and do what? Spoon feed you?

Nah. I'll pass. I gave you the tools you need to educate yourself. Or feel free to remain ignorant and trolling. Makes no difference to me. Its not like you're going to be converting anytime soon anyway.

Location hidden

#282615 Feb 6, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you miss my point.
Again what part of eternal security do you not understand?
What part of most of us dont need your dogma to have that do YOU not understand?
The bible says that all of those who have been born twice, will only die once.
ROFLMAO! Horseshit. Your book might say that, but your book is just another book, its nothing special to most of us.

It never ceases to amaze me how your kind will try to beat others over the head with your dogma, then just babble on when you're called on your bullshit.

Maybe when you start taking others faiths seriously, someone MIGHT take what you have to say the same way.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#282616 Feb 6, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to chew on anything. I already told you that if a preemie born with 49% ability to make the O2/CO2 exchange, he/she will be placed on medical assistance...
Which means, according to you, that it is already viable.
... to achieve the magical 50% number tied to viability.
To achieve what ? 50% or viability ? Or both ? Was it not viable at 49%? And if not then why was medical assistance applied ? You said a preemie receiving medical assistance was already viable ?

Do you even know what you're talking about ?
Or did you forget that?
I remember it like it was yesterday. You said that if a preemie is receiving medical assistance that means it's already been deemed viable.
Yet when someone said that a preemie "could REACH viability with medical assistance" you said there was nothing wrong with that statement.

So explain how a preemie can REACH viability with medical assistance when you've already agreed that if it's receiving medical assistance, it already IS viable ?

You've never answered......or did you forget ?
BTW, don't flatter yourself. You couldn't tear a virgin apart, without fudging your own ___ to help you. So take all the time you need. Be sure you consult with whomever has been schooling you.
Enjoy yourself.
Tom Tom was absolutely right. I'm tearing you apart. You've been reduced to a stammering fool with "yeah yeah yeah" responses and juvenile jabs that would embarrass a 12 year old.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#282617 Feb 6, 2013
Yes and yes.
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>I believe I have already accepted that. No proof. Did you attend college? If so did you take any history courses? European History?

“Game on !”

nyc

#282619 Feb 6, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Yes. Most pro-choice people do. Have you ever seen an intestinal resection? FAR grosser...and life-saving.
Most medicalprocedures are unpleasant to laymen. It doesn't mean they shouldn't be done.
<quoted text>
Somehow medical procedures that save a life are a lot less gross than those that kill. But you'd never understand that would you Tink ?
You're a slug.

Indianapolis

#282620 Feb 6, 2013
Don't even know what your "expert's" field is? So I can presume it's some random person you know?
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
In a field that makes them very knowledgeable about kids and parents.
Get the chip off your shoulder.

Indianapolis

#282621 Feb 6, 2013
Would you just frigging well grow up and answer the question? What is your "expert's" field?
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I can just imagine the names you have been called.
BTW - I never called you names until you lowered yourself and called me a few. Tit for tat, eh?
People in glass houses..........
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#282622 Feb 6, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Which means, according to you, that it is already viable.
<quoted text>
To achieve what ? 50% or viability ? Or both ? Was it not viable at 49%? And if not then why was medical assistance applied ? You said a preemie receiving medical assistance was already viable ?
Do you even know what you're talking about ?
<quoted text>
I remember it like it was yesterday. You said that if a preemie is receiving medical assistance that means it's already been deemed viable.
Yet when someone said that a preemie "could REACH viability with medical assistance" you said there was nothing wrong with that statement.
So explain how a preemie can REACH viability with medical assistance when you've already agreed that if it's receiving medical assistance, it already IS viable ?
You've never answered......or did you forget ?
<quoted text>
Tom Tom was absolutely right. I'm tearing you apart. You've been reduced to a stammering fool with "yeah yeah yeah" responses and juvenile jabs that would embarrass a 12 year old.
Personally, Doc, I think you are confusing the terms VIABLE and VIABILITY. I also think you've confused the medical terms with what is passing for a "legal" term in your loose interpretation of Roe v Wade's use of it.

Sharing these thoughts does not give you license to pick up that slimy old bone with me. CD can set you straight all by himself.

“Game on !”

nyc

#282624 Feb 6, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
^^Great discussion you're having, there, Elise. Your "equal exchange of ideas" is so enthralling. Very worth the read.
The posts of the make believe nurse are not meant to exchange ideas but rather are a series of unfunny quips intended to convey a sense of apathy and the idea that she's above it all. She is enormously perturbed by those with an opposing view point and tries way too hard to prove otherwise.

Indianapolis

#282625 Feb 6, 2013
aide
&#8194; Use Aide in a sentence
Ads
Certified Nurse Assistant
learnondemand.kctcs.edu/cna
Prepare for Your Future Online with your Nurse Assistant Certification

aide

noun
nurse's aide.
an aide-de-camp.
an assistant or helper, especially a confidential one.

--So no, it's not a disease.

Am I an expert on my community? There are no experts on gays--which is why your post is worthless. But I do have over thirty years of practical experience as well as a strong psych background--and I'm going to presume my background is at LEAST as good as your expert's since you can't even name their field of expertise.. I've worked for gay rights for decades; I know our issues and problems.

Militant doesn't necessarily mean combative, and it has nothing to do with D. BTW--for someone so whiny about name-calling, you toss "lesbo" around pretty easily, hypocrite.

Having no rapport has nothing to do with not caring about them. We merely transact on different levels. I helped raise some of my nephews and nieces.
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Aides is one serious chronic disease. Don't kid yourself.
Are you an expert in YOUR community? Rolling eyes.
Militant - combative etc. Lots of domestic abusive with the lesbo's. Kids shouldn't be with them either.
No rapport with kids? In other words, you don't care about them. Do you have any?
You must have lost at lot of friends to Aides, or did they miraculously survive because everything in gayland is honky dory?
You don't have all the answers.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282626 Feb 6, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO Go ahead and do what? Spoon feed you?
Nah. I'll pass. I gave you the tools you need to educate yourself. Or feel free to remain ignorant and trolling. Makes no difference to me. Its not like you're going to be converting anytime soon anyway.
Put down the bottle.

You don't have the answer to my question.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282627 Feb 6, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Don't even know what your "expert's" field is? So I can presume it's some random person you know?
<quoted text>
Of course I know what their field is. It makes them an expert.

Random person? Ah......no.

BTW - when the novelty wears off - gay people will stop adopting. Guaranteed.

“Game on !”

nyc

#282628 Feb 6, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you forgot that time I called you on your bullshit 3 times in a row in one weekend. You conceded on 2 of the points and refused to see the light on the 3rd.
The only thing you've ever accurately called me on was that pbfa was not the only one I called a homophobe. You were right about that. I also called YOU one. And I was right about that.
And I'm an atheist so I'm not a fundie.
You're hopeless. I'm talking about YOUR fundie jabs. YOUR propensity for calling others fundies. It's really all you've got. When you actually get get down to arguing the logic of your position, you invariably end up demonstrating how out of your league you really are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min USAsince1680 1,234,815
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 53,528
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Samuel-7g-Jackson 19,932
News Police say Conn. pastor's shooting may be linke... Thu Reverend Alan 12
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Thu TRD 70,035
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) May 26 hrichard91 37
News Pastor Shot Outside Connecticut Church While Pu... May 25 BUSTER CRABBE 1
More from around the web

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]