Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#282587 Feb 6, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does judaism discourage converts?
Perhaps you could click some of the links in the post you quoted and find out?

Location hidden

#282588 Feb 6, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Do whales like you ever come up for a breath? Either your an aderol addict or you sleep in the chair in front of the computer. Who subsidizes your marathons here on the computer?
@@ Yeah. Cuz two hours is a "marathon".

So what would Lynne's 6 hours be?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#282589 Feb 6, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
She thinks we wont be able to find her old posts if she changes it often enough.
She's a failure at that too LOL!
Of course she's been caught posting under other names quite a few times now. Remember "Pugsy"? ROFLMAO! The idiot.
LMAO! Pugsy! I do remember.
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

#282590 Feb 6, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
The writings of Josephus the Jewish Historian gives a brief account about Jesus There is also the writings of Tacitus,Thallus, Philopon, Lucian of Samosata, Mara Bar-Serapion, and contemporary Rabbinical sources. One thing to note about those Contemporary sources: The miraculous events the surrounded Jesus were NEVER DENIED OR PROVEN WRONG by those contemporary sources. Instead they were explained away as sorcery. By the way, there is no sperating the 'nice guy'[(who chased money changers out of the temple with a whip twice!), with the miracle working God-man; they are inseperable.
Source(s):
Check out the impressive bibliography of "The Search For The Messiah" by Mark Eastman, M.D. and Chuck Smith
I did cut and paste this to be clear. I am not claiming to be the author, but I read so many that basically repeat the same historical references as to the existence of Jesus, before you even consider the bible, or the millions of followers of his teachings.
Tacitus was supposedly born after the "christos" he writes about, so it would not be accurate to say his writing is a first hand account.

You do know that Tacitus never travelled to "Germania", but you regard all of his testimony as absolute fact? Does that mean what he spoke of is inaccurate? No; but it does show that his information is likey from word of mouth, basically second hand sources.

Location hidden

#282591 Feb 6, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
The writings of Josephus the Jewish Historian gives a brief account about Jesus There is also the writings of Tacitus,Thallus, Philopon, Lucian of Samosata, Mara Bar-Serapion, and contemporary Rabbinical sources. One thing to note about those Contemporary sources: The miraculous events the surrounded Jesus were NEVER DENIED OR PROVEN WRONG by those contemporary sources.
ROFLMAO! Joseph ben Matityahu never claimed that jebus was a messiah. In FACT, he only used the name "Jesus" twice in his writings, and once was only as the BROTHER of James.

Good try tho.

Location hidden

#282592 Feb 6, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You speak for normal people now?
Regarding your garbage? I certainly do!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#282593 Feb 6, 2013
Pollyanna? Not at all. I just know what I'm talking about.

AIDS (not aides) is a non-issue in regard to the subject. There are plenty of people with chronic diseases out there; few even attempt to adopt.

I deride what you say because it's meaningless twaddle; you might as well be a wealthy norwegian describing lif in harlem. You're telling me things about MY community that I know aren't true, and that you can't back up.

Who is this expert? Kids aren't placed in homes with DV. As far as being "militant" is concerned, define "militant", and how it wold make a home a bad placement.

I didn't say I didn't like kids; I said I have no rapport with them.
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Pollyanna much?
Aides is a non issue? You are in denial. It's not always a death sentence, but it is a serious chronic disease. To say otherwise is just plain lying.
I make crap up? No I don't, but if you believe that go right ahead.
You don't mind saying derogatory things about me, but you don't want me saying derogatory things about gay people. Double standard. That's OK, but you look a little foolish.
I've just been told by an expert - that lesbians who adopt can be quite "militant." They have a lot of domestic abuse issues in their households. If you disagree, you are stupid and ignorant. Don't like to call people names, but in this instance I'll make an exception because that's all you do.
You must be pretty unhappy. I saw a comment you made to someone else, where you say you never liked kids. That's unusual.
You must be very self-centered.
Pity.
Gtown71

United States

#282594 Feb 6, 2013
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
When you met Jesus, did Elvis come over for dinner too?
Are you still yammering on about Hell and your religion? Amazing that you ignore the facts and refuse to accept that the word Hell is not in the original bible. It is a "pagan" concept that does not correlate to your relgions lie of a "biblical hell". You do not understand the word or it's origin and history.
Continue to boast about your "eternal life". Sounds mighty prideful of you to constantly boast about that. Then again, you're saved and you can do anything you want and you'll go to Gods super happy place for you regardless of your dishonorable actions.
What part of FOR BY GRACE ARE YE SAVED, NOT OF WORKS lest any should BOAST, that you don't understand?

What part of God changed my desire to sin, do you not understand.
People who are truly saved will still sin, since they are still in their earthen body, BUT the way they desire to sin, and how they feel after they sin is two different worlds.
As far as Hell.
I never even really thought very much about it untill the night God woke me up.

God is the one that let me know, that I was fixing to make a decision to accept His free gift "THAT I DO NOT AND CAN NOT BOAST ABOUT ",or Hell would be my home when I died.

So I have the written word of God, that does talk about Hell, regaurdless of how many wish it didn't , or try and discredit the word, PLUS I have God Himself, through His Holy Spirit, that let me know in the blink of an eye that Hell is real.

So, do I believe in a book, that just so happens to back up and tell me all that happened to me in person with God, OR do I believe some person on the internet who tells me this god is a liar about Hell, and has nothing better to offer at all.

I think a guy named Joshua, which lived long before I came along, said it best -when He said "as for me and my house we will serve the Lord ".

Location hidden

#282595 Feb 6, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
Should you believe .......babbling bullshit deleted for rundundant nonsense
Grow up dear. Not everyone believes in your deity and that's okay. That's the beauty of America.

Indianapolis

#282596 Feb 6, 2013
Expert in what? Experience in what? Homosexuality isn't a major in ny instituti0on of higher learning.

Call me names if you want--I've been called worse names by better people.
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you actually read or skim the comments before YOU comment?
The gay guy likes to call me names such as stupid and ignorant. I thought I would return the favor. If you know me, I don't like to call names. I think he was deserving of the name calling.
This person is an "expert" with about twenty years experience. I would listen to this person rather than the rest of you - who have no clue and just make stuff up as you go along.
No, not Lily's daughter. Who is Lilly?
Is Elise your real name? Very pretty.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282597 Feb 6, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> For one I disagree with what you claimed about prolifers. What prolifers "like to start their argument at viability"? No they dont. The only reason viability is mentioned AT ALL is because that is where you proaborts get tripped in your deceit. I don't agree that "most PLets agree with exceptions" either.
It is also dishonest of you to refer to anti-choicers after viability(agreeing with restrictions) as PRochoicers.
What prolifer "considers a fertilized an infant"?. Stop being so dishonest STO.
Two humans can share ONE body wwithout "diminishing" the rights of the other.(As per mom and her child).
Think siamese twins.
Thx for reading it and responding.

"The only reason viability is mentioned AT ALL is because that is where you proaborts get tripped in your deceit."

What do you mean?

"I don't agree that "most PLets agree with exceptions" either."

Most do. I didn't say, you.

"It is also dishonest of you to refer to anti-choicers after viability(agreeing with restrictions) as PRochoicers."

What?

"What prolifer "considers a fertilized an infant"?."

That is the way most AC/PL frame their argument -- as if there is no difference.

"Two humans can share ONE body wwithout "diminishing" the rights of the other.(As per mom and her child)."

Obviously, I disagree with you. Reasons outlined in the post you responded to.

Indianapolis

#282598 Feb 6, 2013
Gays don't live in trenches. What "goes on" are peoples' lives; those people just happen to be gay.
Guppy wrote:
Oh, this person is in the trenches everyday and knows exactly what goes on.
I guess you hate it when someone knows more than you do.
Suck it up.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#282599 Feb 6, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you actually read or skim the comments before YOU comment?
The gay guy likes to call me names such as stupid and ignorant. I thought I would return the favor. If you know me, I don't like to call names. I think he was deserving of the name calling.
This person is an "expert" with about twenty years experience. I would listen to this person rather than the rest of you - who have no clue and just make stuff up as you go along.
No, not Lily's daughter. Who is Lilly?
Is Elise your real name? Very pretty.
Twenty years experience in what field?

Location hidden

#282600 Feb 6, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is all a word game with foo, notice what she writes, right after saying judaism discourages new converts?
BY ITS LAWS
Now if I made that statement she would blow it up and call me a liar, but I will be nice, and tell you that real Judaism doesn't discourage converts.
The "modern " Jew on the other hand, kinda does whatever they wish, and this is the sec foo is a member of, becouse,,,,,
Well, in her own words "by its laws " her lifestyle would not be looked at very favorable.:)
**sighs**

You are not only a phony christian, you're also a lying sack of garbage.

Why is it your kind think its fine to lie about others or to lie about other faiths?

Jewish laws are called Halakha. I used the words "Jewish law" because you barely know English, and I thought using Hebrew would make your brain cell explode.

Halacha discourages conversion - that is a FACT. Your bullshit regarding this is just that, bullshit.

Location hidden

#282601 Feb 6, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of FOR BY GRACE ARE YE SAVED, NOT OF WORKS lest any should BOAST, that you don't understand?
What part of God changed my desire to sin, do you not understand.
What part of NOBODY CARES do YOU not understand?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#282602 Feb 6, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
You mistake the issue. I don't any reason to believe he existed because there is not one iota of proof. EVERYTHING we have came long after all witnesses had died. Just because someone said something and someone else believes it doen't verify its authenticity.
Using the bible to "prove" jesus lived is equal to my using stoker's book to prove dracula was real.
I've seen no reason to believe in any deity; none of them have any proof of existing.
<quoted text>
I believe I have already accepted that. No proof. Did you attend college? If so did you take any history courses? European History?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282603 Feb 6, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just the other day, you claimed it was "either/or".

Hey, I answered your lengthy post. Did you miss it?

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282604 Feb 6, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps you could click some of the links in the post you quoted and find out?
Do you know the answer?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282605 Feb 6, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Twenty years experience in what field?
In a field that makes them very knowledgeable about kids and parents.

Get the chip off your shoulder.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282606 Feb 6, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Gays don't live in trenches. What "goes on" are peoples' lives; those people just happen to be gay.
<quoted text>
Where did I say gays live in trenches? Get your eyes checked. I think you are losing your sight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nuculur option 1,224,513
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 53,054
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 69,824
Amazing Child educational DIY materials kit 20 hr Vinvin 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 23 hr Chuck 19,892
justin c. freeman attorney hartford, ct is a sh... May 3 weatherfieldguy112 1
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) May 2 cdonald18 35
More from around the web

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]