Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,249)

Showing posts 264,961 - 264,980 of304,884
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>When you want to have a discussion on abortion, let me know. All you're doing is pontificating in question form. You don't want an equal exchange of ideas, obviously.
Since when have you been here to discuss abortion, Toots? You've spent the majority of your time posting snipes at PLers. Now you want us to believe you want "an equal exchange of ideas"? Fat chance that would come from you, especially since you would need equal intelligence, knowledge of facts and sense to the PLers. You're at a disadvantage, and no ideas coming from you would be equal in those areas. All of you has the disadvantage, and the exchange of ideas with any of you would never be equal. Everything coming from you PC is ignorant, senseless and uninformed.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that you don't see your contradiction here. You've claimed that the bible doesn't mention abortion AND that your god condemns it. So, WHERE does he condemn it?
Yes, if you are going to claim that the bible condemns abortion, then it DOES matter if you prove it.
Sin is a man made concept. The fact that our cells eventually die and are not replaced, and our organ systems fail, is what brings death upon us all.
You now also need to prove that "fornication" is the number one reason for abortion, especially considering the number of married women, pregnant by their husbands, who also have abortions.
AND you now need to prove that ensoulment occurs at all, and if it does, when it occurs. You DO realize that there are religions out there that teach it doesn't occur until after birth, right?
Again, your religious beliefs only apply to you and those who share your religion anyway. Not everyone is Christian. Using your religion as an argument for those who are not part of it is useless. Others will go by their own religions, or if they are not religious, by their own ethics. No one is under any obligation to pay the least amount of attention to yours.
The bible doesn't have the word bible in it either, but it is real.

Even without religion, abortion stops a living process that would more then likely lead to and infant -toddler -kid -teen -adult.

They say it is legal for ALL women for Any reason.

Are you not very thankful, that ALL women don't take advantage of their rights?
Even if someone believes in the far ferched evolution theory, then they could easily see how some things are against the very nature of human existence.

Abortion is one of those things.

God even condems a man from having sex with his wife, if he leads her to believe she will have a child, and then he does something to protect himself from getting her pregnant.

We continue to make things legal that bring destruction upon us.

Someone can look at the history of many Great countries and groups of people who were destroyed from within.

People should be free to do whatever they will, but they must also take responsibility for their actions.

There are many verses about what God thinks about reproducing.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
All I am saying, is in life, we make choices that we must own up to, and live with. We cannot dwell on our mistakes and beat ourselves up all the time, but we can't erase them either.
Now ak, seems to think I should be punished for my affair 12 years ago, in which a child was born. What do you think?
I've paid for my mistakes, and sone I have gotten away with, or atleast the punishment, this is why I needed a savior, and thankful I found Him.
Kids will have sex, and their raising has alot to do with it.o
If a kid doesn't have very much respect for themselves, then they will act that way.
Plus even those who do, at times make choices to have sex, but we must all live with our choices.
If a woman has had an abortion, then they can be saved and then forgiven.
They should not spend their life dwelling on it, but they should not pretend its ok to do, just to help themselves feel better about doing it.
If you feel abortion is wrong, you may have to work out your feelings about having had one. Most women who have abortions know what they are doing. They don't have anything to feel badly about.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

The bible says nothing about abortion. We know that, in biblical times, life was considered to begin at the first breath, which is also when the soul entered the body. So we know getting rid of a pregnancy wasn't a sin.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then listen to sto.
He's a "christian " who enjoys agreeing with folks as the head toward Hell, without God.
He will even try and get the bible to say abortion is ok.
I still believe with all that's in me, that if he is saved, then he will be forever saved, but as I talked earlier "some of our works will burn up like hay and stubnle ".

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitner: "Incorrect. Less than half of all abortions are performed on women who are not married, or living with someone, at the time."
You have no stats on whether or not women are "living with someone", and you're wrong about ["less than half"] "...of all abortions are performed on women who are not married."
A site from your own PC camp says "83% unmarried". Do you need to be told that's more than half? These stats pretty much say SINGLE women.(unmarried, never married, divorced and widowed) all means single women. You have no stats on how many are "living with" a man, and guessing isn't proof. You can only go by what it states.
http://www.prochoice.org/about_abortion/facts...
"Marital Status
Most women getting abortions (83%) are unmarried; 67% have never married, and 16% are separated, divorced, or widowed.4 Married women are significantly less likely than unmarried women to resolve unintended pregnancies through abortion.6"
Bitner: "Only if the pregnant woman already has children, having given birth to them, or adopting them, is she a mother. Otherwise, she is a mother-to-be, and if she has an abortion, the "to be" will not be."
That's opinion, Toots, and not a fact. Biologically, she is a mother when pregnant, her child is in utero.
I have stats that say differenly.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abo...

Wrong. Biologically, she is pregnant. Biology does not say she's a mother. You're full of shit, Troll.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
When People choose to have sex, They assume all wrist that come along with it. You know as well as I do that most people who get pregnant don't even use contraceptives. Most abortions come from a 1 night stand or a very short term relationship.
People want pleasure without any negative ramifications,but that is not how life works. If there was no God, it would work that way, but people would not like that very much either. It would mean someone could rape,murder, or both and be just fine.
People want to condemn others, and at the same time get away with whatever they choose.
Contraceptives was introduced to try to fix a problem.
- They did not fix anything.
All they did was send a message to most the sex could be safe, but as you and I both know there's no such thing as safe sex.
I'm not trying to impose laws,that says everyone must live according to the Bible, since I know full well that most people never live according to the Bible.
This is the whole reason why Jesus Christ came.
We needed a savior,and still do.
I also do not believe we should make laws that condone that behavior,and even "add to " the bad behaviors.
No sex, is worth the killing of life.
Motherhood is optional, but abortion only makes a woman the mother of a dead child.
I don't agree with you.

There you go:-)

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Yes. Most pro-choice people do. Have you ever seen an intestinal resection? FAR grosser...and life-saving.

Most medicalprocedures are unpleasant to laymen. It doesn't mean they shouldn't be done.
Guppy wrote:
Does anyone know how an abortion is performed? What leads up to the death of the baby?
Anyone?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You can't prove that abortion is wrong. That's why you haven't done it. Either do it, or admit you can't. Be honest.
We can prove it, but people need a conscience and sense of humanity to be able to recognize the proof. You never will recognize it.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Never will, Elise, so long as there's no conscience or sense of humanity about your own abortion that killed your own unborn child.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
"The bible doesn't have the word bible in it either, but it is real."

The word bible simply means book.

"Even without religion, abortion stops a living process that would more then likely lead to and infant -toddler -kid -teen -adult."

So?

"They say it is legal for ALL women for Any reason."

They are right.

"Are you not very thankful, that ALL women don't take advantage of their rights?"

Each and every woman who has ever been pregnant HAS taken advantage of her right to choose. I am thankful that this right exists for them.

"Even if someone believes in the far ferched evolution theory, then they could easily see how some things are against the very nature of human existence."

We circumvent nature every day. You ever taken an antibiotic?

"Abortion is one of those things."

No different from any other medical procedure that treats or eliminates any medical condition.

"God even condems a man from having sex with his wife, if he leads her to believe she will have a child, and then he does something to protect himself from getting her pregnant."

Which has nothing to do with anything we're discussing, even if true. The bible does not condemn abortion.

"We continue to make things legal that bring destruction upon us."

Abortion does no such thing.

"Someone can look at the history of many Great countries and groups of people who were destroyed from within."

You do have trouble staying on topic, don't you?

"People should be free to do whatever they will, but they must also take responsibility for their actions."

What constitutes responsible action regarding an unplanned pregnancy is a matter of opinion, not fact. And the fact is that the only opinion that matters, is that of the pregnant woman.

"There are many verses about what God thinks about reproducing."

And yet not one word against abortion.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
It's your opinion that there are babies in the womb. Science says otherwise. Any moral consequences involved are also your opinion.
Atheists can't be god--WE exist.
BTW--life and death decisions are made every day in hospitals all over the world.
<quoted text>
Petey: "It's your opinion that there are babies in the womb. Science says otherwise."

"Babies" is subjective. There IS a "child" in the womb, and by definition, "child" includes "unborn fetus".

You have no point in claiming there's no baby in the womb, when anyone with sense knows exactly what the fetus is in relation to the woman. It's her child and whether or not you choose to deny that doesn't change that biological (scientific) fact, fool.

You don't have the knowledge to post facts, and that's proven each time you post.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>If you feel abortion is wrong, you may have to work out your feelings about having had one. Most women who have abortions know what they are doing. They don't have anything to feel badly about.
Don't state that as a fact when it's only an opinion. An opinion of a person who has no humanity toward her own child in utero killed by abortion, and no conscience about it, and would have no problem with women aborting all the way until full term labor.
raises eyebrows

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible doesn't have the word bible in it either, but it is real.
Even without religion, abortion stops a living process that would more then likely lead to and infant -toddler -kid -teen -adult.
They say it is legal for ALL women for Any reason.
Are you not very thankful, that ALL women don't take advantage of their rights?
Even if someone believes in the far ferched evolution theory, then they could easily see how some things are against the very nature of human existence.
Abortion is one of those things.
God even condems a man from having sex with his wife, if he leads her to believe she will have a child, and then he does something to protect himself from getting her pregnant.
We continue to make things legal that bring destruction upon us.
Someone can look at the history of many Great countries and groups of people who were destroyed from within.
People should be free to do whatever they will, but they must also take responsibility for their actions.
There are many verses about what God thinks about reproducing.
I've enjoyed reading your posts. You sound like such a real, down to Earth person and not just a political proxy.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I have stats that say differenly.
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abo...
Wrong. Biologically, she is pregnant. Biology does not say she's a mother. You're full of shit, Troll.
"• Women who have never married and are not cohabiting account for 45% of all abortions [6]

• About 61% of abortions are obtained by women who have one or more children.[6]"

In previous post you said,
Bitner: "Incorrect. Less than half of all abortions are performed on women who are not married, or living with someone, at the time."

The stats on your link are about "never" married and not living with someone at time of abortion.

The other stats on your link about 1 or more children does NOT state whether or not those women have been married and were then (divorced or widowed)= SINGLE when they had an abortion. So, you're still not correct, and haven't proven that you are. You can't guess and say those women were married or living with someone when they went for an abortion, just because they had children.

Bitner: "Wrong. Biologically, she is pregnant. Biology does not say she's a mother. You're full of shit, Troll."

You're the one full of shit if you think you can deny that the relation of a pregnant woman to the human life in her womb (talking biologically here), is that human life's mother. You're an uneducated fool if you really believe that.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

FYI -- An example of Catholic indoctrination. That phrase we keep hearing, "culture of death"? I looked into last night. It originated with Pope John Paul in '95. And the Catholics have run with it to this point:

"What does “Culture of Death” Mean?
The Culture of Death is a very broad term, which describes evil behavior. It goes beyond the mere evil acts, however. In the deepest sense, it describes the attraction our culture has with sin, lust, and death. Our culture not only permits, but promotes abortion, euthanasia, murder, revenge, suicide (assisted or otherwise), war, capital punishment, contraception, human cloning, human sterilization, embryonic stem cell and fetal research, In Vitro Fertilization, homosexuality, promiscuity, infidelity, and divorce.
These proclivities lead to the destruction of life and its natural origins. They devalue human life, leading to an explosion of all types of sins. When we do not value human life, we do not value people. This leads us to sin by harming ourselves and others since we do not see the face of God in others. Here is what the Didache says about the “Way of Death”
http://www.solemncharge.com/post/2012/10/19/W...

A book review by one who read the "Architects of the Culture of Death"

"The "Culture of Death" has become a popular phrase, and is much bandied about in academic circles. Yet, for most people, its meaning remains vague and remote. DeMarco and Wiker have given the Culture of Death high definition and frightening immediacy. They have exposed its roots by introducing its "architects." In a scholarly, yet reader-friendly delineation of the mindsets of twenty-three influential thinkers, such as Ayn Rand, Charles Darwin, Karl Marx, Jean-Paul Sartre, Alfred Kinsey, Margaret Sanger, Jack Kevorkian, and Peter Singer, they make clear the aberrant thought and malevolent intentions that have shaped the Culture of Death."
http://www.amazon.com/Architects-Culture-Deat...

-------

Real people in the real world, like K&P and JM, NR and Doc, are being spoonfed this crap and they're eating up like candy. They believe in it, which is worse, imo. They *want* it to be true.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I don't agree with you.
There you go:-)
^^Great discussion you're having, there, Elise. Your "equal exchange of ideas" is so enthralling. Very worth the read.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

A lot of assumptions, but no real data. It really doesn't matter how a woman gets pregnant; she doesn't have to stay pregnant. It's quaint that you think pleasure need to be punished.

There most certainly is safe sex--I taught it for years. It's just that most heteros are too frigging lazy to learn or use it.

Laws are not there to enforce your morality; they are there to protect our rights.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
When People choose to have sex, They assume all wrist that come along with it. You know as well as I do that most people who get pregnant don't even use contraceptives. Most abortions come from a 1 night stand or a very short term relationship.
People want pleasure without any negative ramifications,but that is not how life works. If there was no God, it would work that way, but people would not like that very much either. It would mean someone could rape,murder, or both and be just fine.
People want to condemn others, and at the same time get away with whatever they choose.
Contraceptives was introduced to try to fix a problem.
- They did not fix anything.
All they did was send a message to most the sex could be safe, but as you and I both know there's no such thing as safe sex.
I'm not trying to impose laws,that says everyone must live according to the Bible, since I know full well that most people never live according to the Bible.
This is the whole reason why Jesus Christ came.
We needed a savior,and still do.
I also do not believe we should make laws that condone that behavior,and even "add to " the bad behaviors.
No sex, is worth the killing of life.
Motherhood is optional, but abortion only makes a woman the mother of a dead child.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when have you been here to discuss abortion, Toots? You've spent the majority of your time posting snipes at PLers. Now you want us to believe you want "an equal exchange of ideas"? Fat chance that would come from you, especially since you would need equal intelligence, knowledge of facts and sense to the PLers. You're at a disadvantage, and no ideas coming from you would be equal in those areas. All of you has the disadvantage, and the exchange of ideas with any of you would never be equal. Everything coming from you PC is ignorant, senseless and uninformed.
You are welcome to speak your opinion as often as you like, dear. However, unless you are also the poster to whom I replied, I was responding to his comment, specifically. Why not let him speak for himself? He seems to have the ability to type. You know, it's not always about you, honey.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"• Women who have never married and are not cohabiting account for 45% of all abortions [6]
• About 61% of abortions are obtained by women who have one or more children.[6]"
In previous post you said,
The stats on your link are about "never" married and not living with someone at time of abortion.
The other stats on your link about 1 or more children does NOT state whether or not those women have been married and were then (divorced or widowed)= SINGLE when they had an abortion. So, you're still not correct, and haven't proven that you are. You can't guess and say those women were married or living with someone when they went for an abortion, just because they had children.
Bitner: "Wrong. Biologically, she is pregnant. Biology does not say she's a mother. You're full of shit, Troll."
You're the one full of shit if you think you can deny that the relation of a pregnant woman to the human life in her womb (talking biologically here), is that human life's mother. You're an uneducated fool if you really believe that.
My post had nothing to do with the stat about "1 or more children". Stop deflecting.

LOL, you are full of shit, Troll. Go crawl back under your bridge.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
We can prove it, but people need a conscience and sense of humanity to be able to recognize the proof. You never will recognize it.
No, you can't prove that abortion is wrong. That's just your personal philosophy. You're constantly blabbing about how all you want is facts. Let's see some facts proving that abortion is wrong. Proof, dear. Facts, honey. You made the rule for yourself. Play by your rules, woman.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 264,961 - 264,980 of304,884
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Hartford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••