Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
264,621 - 264,640 of 305,083 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
In a perfect world and if men were that communicative, then that would go a long way towards solving the problem, I agree. That is why our earlier generations discouraged destructive and risky behavior. Did that alone stop it? Hell no, were talking about human beings here, but the standards kept that behavior far more in check then the system of rewards from government we have today that encourages the birth of fatherless children, or the killing of the fetus. All that abortion has accomplished is to allow men to be irresponsible, and liberate women to be much freer with their sexuality, both of which benefits men. It is particularly helpful to the immoral predator man, which exists in far more abundance as a result.
Very Well Said!!!
All you have said I "as a man" agrees with, but the prochoice folks look at me, as a man, that just wants to control women.
When the truth, is anything but.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Ocean lives in a reality like our president does, nothing is ever her fault. If she gets pregnant, it would be entirely the mans fault. She was obviously deprived of affection and love as a child and young adult, because one would have to be to be so selfish, cold hearted, and numb of emotion or compassion that they would bring lethal harm to the very life that she was responsible for creating. Only a person incapable of love could do such a thing to an otherwise healthy, gestating baby human. Thats why hating comes so easily to progressive liberals. To find out just how hate filled their souls are, try to disagree with one.
It's very sad, but I agree with all you have just said!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Masturbation is selfish? Why? Are there crowds of clamoring people being denied your "good stuff"? Masturbation is in fact both physically and mentally healthy.

When you have to physically deal with your own pregnancy, you have a say in it. Not before.
Knox wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have to get all feminazi on me. If you think it's a moral right to destroy your own child in your womb, then you go girl! It's not me to tell you what you can and can't do, you live with the reality of your own actions. I'd say that along with masturbation and suicide, an abortion is one of the most selfish acts one can condone. Oh, and not my pregnancy? Both of my wife's pregnancies were with me there with her all the way. Those children are ours, not just hers. I guess it's just a different set of morals, I'd kill for my CHILDREN'S well being, and you would kill your child, for YOUR well being. But I guess that makes me non pc and evil in this society.
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Beautifully stated by an individual that argues that what is growing in the womb of a women is not a human, in spite of all evidence and rational argument that it is. Whats irrational is how many things are so and a fact just because its stated by a progressive.
When have I ever talked about that? Let me know when you have a leg to stand on, ok.
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Your funny. So its all about a womens choice, but its the man that pursues the sex and makes the choice for it to happen. So if you make half the money in the house and combine it with your husbands, you have the "choice" of whether he has any say over how its used in your lives? I'm not jewish, I just find their hypocrisy over the value of life as a sick joke. They whine about having 6 million of their ancestors murdered in the holocaust, yet they vote for and support the murder of millions of innocent babies. Go figure. Its the same kind of circular thinking you pride yourself on. You know everything about everything except for the stuff you don't know you don't know, yet your still an expert on that too. Your arrogance and judgmental attitude about everything and everyone that doesn't fit into your box goes right over your head. Men are stupid. Conservatives are stupid. Everyone that disagrees with you is stupid. But you? Your an intellectual legend in your own mind. Typical pro death liberal.
You're or your, dimwit????
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I do, too, STO. I think it's illegal anyway, so it's moot. Illegal abortions are not the norm so long as Roe v Wade is in effect.
Thx for answering, Katie. I don't know of any PC who support, approve of, agree with abortion at this point, when there is no medical reason, emergency to do so. I don't even know of one.

Not only that, but I get why AC is so adament about bestowing some kind of rights or legal protection to the fetus at this point. Even tho it's illegal, the woman can "get away" with terminating her fetus. Are there any criminal charges for terminating one's fetus? We know it's not manslaughter or murder. Seems to me, the woman might be carted off to the looney bin for a short time for endangering herself.

But who does that? It has to be the extreme rarity. An act of pure desperation that bestowing rights on a fetus couldn't stop, anyway.

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>And thank you for commenting on this. JM probably won't go further than she already did; ZEF-focused to the exclusion of all else.
It was interesting your analysis of ac/pl working backward from one day prior to the due date and pc working forward from conception. I hadn't noticed it before yet it seems correct. It would definitely explain why it seems ac/pl and pc speak in different languages.
(i want jm to recognize she is no different than michael schiavo regarding refusing her daughter a life-saving abortion. that it is her right to do so, just like it was michael's right not to treat terri's infections and/or remove her artificial life support)
We do speak different languages. I'm hoping some on the AC/PL side can recognize many on the PC side are at least semi-fluent in theirs. Unfortunately, few AC/PL are interested in learning ours.

As for sjm, well -- she's confident her kids will never break any rule she's laid down for them. If she taught them smoking is bad and to never do it, they'll never try it. Never. According to her.

So if her daughter faced a life-threatening pregnancy, sjm knows she wouldn't choose abortion because in sjm's world life-threatening pregnancies don't exist -- it's a moot point for her, all the way around.

Her kids don't rebel. Uh-huh.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

"regressed belief in neonaticide type of behavior"? Words are fun when you just throw them together, aren't they?

Who benefits when you take a drink of water or watch a tv show you like? Is that selfish too? No matter how good your relationship, your partnermay not be in the mood for sex.
Knox wrote:
<quoted text>I find you hilarious for your regressed belief in neonaticide type of behavior. Oh, and masturbation is not selfish? Just who do you think benefits from it? Nobody but you. Most people have done it and it is normal, but most people that marry don't have a need for it if they have a good relationship. Too much power to a woman? Are you kidding? My wife lets me think I wear the pants but she is really the one who runs the place, she is awesome. Too bad your life is filled with so much anger and strife. I mean come on, your one mission here is to defend a selfish decision to kill your unborn. Wow, I have no problems compared to you.
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is more then enough evidence.
There is even more then that to me. A guy who went from not believing in God at all, into believe whole heartedly in God.
I thought religion is just what folks did.
I thought Heaven and Hell (if it was real) was only a matter of good or bad.
I thought (and many "christians "think if your good works outweigh your bad, then you go to Heaven.
If your bad works are more then good, then Hell.
Many who go to church now believe this method.
After the night I was woken up by God -it was HE that straightened me out.
I had tried cleaning up this or that before, but could never reach a point that I felt good enough.
I know believe, as God says all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.
If you have ever told a lie, then you are a liar.
Asking forgiveness doesn't erase the lie.
Like killing someone, asking forgiveness will not bring the other person back, nor will it erase the fact that they are a murderer.
Only having Gods grace applied to ones life will erase all.
Jesus died for all sin -past, present, future.
A christian asks for forgiveness to restore fellowship with God.
Sonship is done by the blood of God (Jesus Christ) being applied to ones soul.
Many died having faith for His comming.
I will die having faith in His comming.
There is no objective evidence at all.
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Ocean, but you can say ALL that you just said about the WOMAN as well!
SHE should THINK about getting pregnant BEFORE she has sex.
If SHE cannot be bothered with a few thoughts about getting pregnant, then SHE can just walk away.
I nolonger believe in deadbeat dads.
The only one I would put that label on, is the guy that WANTED the child, and later walked away. Only AFTER THE BIRTH. if he walks away BEFORE the birth of HIS child, then just like women can CHOOSE, then the Man should be able to CHOOSE to ABORT his responsibilities.
Like I said, if you just replace the he with a she in what you just wrote, then there would be very few abortions.
More insanity!

Consent to sex is not consent to have and carry a child. It seems all you fundies want to do is control the sex lives of women (and not the man).

Who cares that you don't "believe" in deadbeat Dads. They exist. This is the problem with your type; you are so locked in by your beliefs that you refuse to stay open to anything outside your world view. You are bound by your beliefs. Just because you believe something doesn't make it true. Deadbeat Dad's exist and your "belief" means nothing to anyone except yourself.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

"I must be dense..."--pretty well sums up your post. You erate the woman for her story, but your post is all "me me me"--it's all about what YOU think, what YOU believe, what YOU want her to do. You're awfully self-impressed for someone who's never been in her position.
Knox wrote:
<quoted text>I must be dense to the point that all I heard in your cut/paste story was, me-me-me, I don't have my freedom, sniff sniff. If this mentally and morally bankrupt woman wasn't woman enough to do the right thing, then she can give the child up to child services. Or she could kill it. After all whats the difference between you and her? And I will post as I see fit. My point of view and values are still protected, as are yours. Just because my morals differ from all the progressive garbage people like you love to worship, it doesn't mean I have to listen and not argue back with a traditional, moral point of view. And if you don't like it, too bad.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

This may also become the next RvW; most states do not force other outpatient clinics to "partner" with a local hospital, making the law discrimnatory.

It's also probably spark a backlash against these men who are depriving women of their rights. It certainly should.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only 1 abortion clinic left in a few /several states.
These states are in a race "of sorts ", to be the 1st state to claim the status of "abortion free " state.
The govenor of MS, makes no bones about his intentions.
He has openly, clearly said that he will do all, that is within his power to shut it down!
He has now legaly put conditions on this clinic, and the one that may be it's down fall, is the one that says within a certain time limit "which is comming very soon ",they must have a hospital that will "partner " with them, in order to be able to have access, in case something goes wrong "which it does "during an abortion.
They have so far NOT been able to get a hospital to sign off on the "hey we screwed up this womans abortion,so can you now fix it "papers.
As much as the pro kill at will folks on here want you to believe, Everyone is not ok with being associated with the killing of an unborn human.
Plus, as I stated they are not the only state.
The state of AR used to have 17 abortionist, but now they only have 1.
Many kill at will, would also have you to believe, that it is not just abortion mills that can do abortions, but any med doctor, with the proper credentials can do an abortion.
That may be true, but it is not reality.
Again -many, many, many doctors signed on to help human life not kill human life.
They also know that it is a type of business, that one is either IN or OUT.
The fact is, a regular doctor would lose way to many patients if the patience knew they also perform abortions.
It seems to me, that compared to the number of doctors in the US, that there are just a few, that believe in abortion, enough to do one,no matter how popular some would have you believe abortion is.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
More insanity!
Consent to sex is not consent to have and carry a child. It seems all you fundies want to do is control the sex lives of women (and not the man).
Who cares that you don't "believe" in deadbeat Dads. They exist. This is the problem with your type; you are so locked in by your beliefs that you refuse to stay open to anything outside your world view. You are bound by your beliefs. Just because you believe something doesn't make it true. Deadbeat Dad's exist and your "belief" means nothing to anyone except yourself.
of course the whole anti-choice movement is about controlling the sex lives of women....its always been about that.

the same group that is anti-choice was also the same group who wanted to keep birth control illegal for unmarried people.

if the anti=choice group wasn't about controlling the sex lives of women and they were really concerned about the lives of children then they would be

1. For Sex education in schools for children
2. distributing birth control devices to children

two things that have been proven to reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies in teenagers the most

they also would not be for cutting programs that provide assistance and medical coverage to poor families with children.

the sad fact is that they only care about the fetus/embryo/zygote/fertilized egg during the pregnancy. after that they could care less about the child

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

"Fault"--that's all you care about. Someone to blame ans someone to feel superior to. Abortion is a solution to a prolem, nothing more. If you want to pretend there's more to it, who gives a damn? YOU will never be in a position to make the decision.

If you want to see hatred, stand outside a clinic and listen to the "loving christians" calling women all manner of vile names.
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Ocean lives in a reality like our president does, nothing is ever her fault. If she gets pregnant, it would be entirely the mans fault. She was obviously deprived of affection and love as a child and young adult, because one would have to be to be so selfish, cold hearted, and numb of emotion or compassion that they would bring lethal harm to the very life that she was responsible for creating. Only a person incapable of love could do such a thing to an otherwise healthy, gestating baby human. Thats why hating comes so easily to progressive liberals. To find out just how hate filled their souls are, try to disagree with one.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Knox wrote:
<quoted text>I find you hilarious for your regressed belief in neonaticide type of behavior. Oh, and masturbation is not selfish? Just who do you think benefits from it? Nobody but you. Most people have done it and it is normal, but most people that marry don't have a need for it if they have a good relationship. Too much power to a woman? Are you kidding? My wife lets me think I wear the pants but she is really the one who runs the place, she is awesome. Too bad your life is filled with so much anger and strife. I mean come on, your one mission here is to defend a selfish decision to kill your unborn. Wow, I have no problems compared to you.
You have no problems because you have no conscience.
You sold your conscience and bought morality.
As far as selfish vis a vis your wife is concerned, what does she do that you would prefer to do.
And are you sure she doesn't masturbate?

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only 1 abortion clinic left in a few /several states.
These states are in a race "of sorts ", to be the 1st state to claim the status of "abortion free " state.
The govenor of MS, makes no bones about his intentions.
He has openly, clearly said that he will do all, that is within his power to shut it down!
He has now legaly put conditions on this clinic, and the one that may be it's down fall, is the one that says within a certain time limit "which is comming very soon ",they must have a hospital that will "partner " with them, in order to be able to have access, in case something goes wrong "which it does "during an abortion.
They have so far NOT been able to get a hospital to sign off on the "hey we screwed up this womans abortion,so can you now fix it "papers.
As much as the pro kill at will folks on here want you to believe, Everyone is not ok with being associated with the killing of an unborn human.
Plus, as I stated they are not the only state.
The state of AR used to have 17 abortionist, but now they only have 1.
Many kill at will, would also have you to believe, that it is not just abortion mills that can do abortions, but any med doctor, with the proper credentials can do an abortion.
That may be true, but it is not reality.
Again -many, many, many doctors signed on to help human life not kill human life.
They also know that it is a type of business, that one is either IN or OUT.
The fact is, a regular doctor would lose way to many patients if the patience knew they also perform abortions.
It seems to me, that compared to the number of doctors in the US, that there are just a few, that believe in abortion, enough to do one,no matter how popular some would have you believe abortion is.
Greetings "Gtown,"
I've read several of your posts with a fair bit of interest and though I can't say I've agreed with any of your stances, you usually post politely enough, though you do seem to find an opportunity to insert something of a self-righteous "needle" on a regular basis.
The same can be said with this post. While you may feel that the Governor of MS, is taking a "righteous" position, I personally can't help but wonder when fiscal conservatives in that state's legislature are going to start complaining about how many more folks are becoming recipients of "state-aid" to care for all those "unplanned" children...
As to your "needle," your use of the, "pro-kill-at-will," phrase speaks volumes, as do your repeated(and unnecessary) affirmations of your religious convictions--if you can't make your argument without invoking your religious beliefs, you're not going to be terribly effective at "convincing" those who don't happen to share those beliefs...
As a side note, why is it that conservatives of practically "all" stripes who are ardently "pro-business," shriek to the heavens about businesses that make "profits" providing services they "personally" object to?

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You - as usual - ARE LYING Lynniekins.
<quoted text>
You made the claim - AS A FACTUAL STATEMENT USED IN DISCUSSION - that you "PERSONALLY" know someone "born in a vegetative state and is over 40 now".
You LIED since NOBODY has EVER been "born in a vegetative state" in HISTORY.
That certainly IS a claim you've made that you LIED about and subsequently cannot back up. Just one of MANY claims you've made you can't back up. You idiot.
Wrong again, bonehead. I answewred a question about what I was thinking of in creating a hypothetical question I asked of PCers. You tried to call me a liar and I didn't care what you claimed. Whether or not anyone believed me was irrelevant to the discussion that was taking place, and irrelevant to my hypothetical question asked of PCers.

Epic fail on your part, Toots.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it would be on you to prove that I DID alter it since YOU are the one making THAT claim.
Wrong. That's 2 for 2 so far and I've just begun reading your stupidity posted.

You made a claim that something was stated in e-mails, and it would be up to you to prove you have not altered e-mails, which you can't prove. No one can.

Epic fail, again.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you'd remember JM and I were conversing.
You butted right in.
Your ad homs have as much impact as you do.
Or as little.
Perspective is everything. And you have none. Except for a fetus who's doomed anyway.
Your stupidity doesn't excuse you from falsely accusing me, Toots, and that's not from my butting in. That's from you.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Klueless Katiekins: "Perspective is everything. And you have none. Except for a fetus who's doomed anyway."
A "doomed fetus" - and, therefore, a fetus that must be intentionally & brutally killed - is only your malicious perspective.
Lily stand behind truth.
You, Katiekins, stand behind evil intent.
Excactly. Just because a fetus isn't wanted doesn't mean the fetus is doomed. Not if the mother doesn't have the kind of selfishness we see from the PCers here.
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
And straight boys could keep it in their pants. Were you a virgin on your wedding night? How about your wife?
But it's really about punishing women who enjoy sex, isn't it? As for "valuing" fetuses, that's a philosophical decision. You'remfree to worshipo them if you wish, but no one else has to follow your beliefs.
<quoted text>
Vlady you old pole prncer, don't you think you guys have enough problems in life without getting involved in heterosexual issues. The gays have always had a problem keeping it in their pants. Studies show the gays have numerous anonnymous sexual partners and are unable to maintain mogonomous relationships. You should not cast stones.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Hartford Forum right now

Search the Hartford Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Yeah 45,776
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Lily Boca Raton Fl 1,079,557
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 20 min Abdurratln 67,919
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr The real Samuel 18,542
Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) 4 hr Lisalava224 63
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 hr Frijoles 68,368
Prisoner Dies At Hartford Correctional Institution (Feb '13) 13 hr James Laccavole 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hartford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••