Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,974
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Ocean56

AOL

#281753 Feb 3, 2013
For the anti-choice imbeciles who still believe the FALSE assertion that "mothers never regret having their children."

http://www.secret-confessions.com/hate/hate-b...

chrysantheMUM says:

August 17, 2011 at 5:38 am

Iím so happy to have found this site too! Isnít it nice to know youíre not the only one? Sometimes when Iím walking around with my daughter at the zoo and see all the other mothers with their stair-stepper kids, like 3 or 4 kids right in a row and a baby on the way I think ďwhatís wrong with me? why canít I do it like her?Ē I wonder why I feel so sad and depressed all the time. My daughter is beautiful and wonderful, smart and funÖbut sheís the ONLY thing in my life. Iím a single mom and I wonít complain about that, actually Iíd rather do this by myself than also have to handle her biological father and all of his baggage. Heís not involved with us at all, havenít even gotten a phone call from him since her first birthday and my feeling is ďwith a father like that who needs a father?Ē Iím all she needs and more than enough.

Iím a great mom and super patient and sheís a VERY involved child. Not much independent play or anything like thatÖitís pretty much complete interface from her waking moment until I have to rock her to sleep every night for an hour! Then sheís awake during the night too, like every 90 minutes she comes to get me. I, too, feel like I canít handle it. I feel like Iím being completely suffocated and thereís no way out.

I understand loving your children but hating this motherhood gig! Itís incredible. I feel terrified when I realize how much of myself is left to meÖnone, absolutely none at all. Itís crazy! I get up with her in the morning and struggle with her over eating a good breakfast, I play with her and then struggle with her to get dressed, then we battle to get into the carseat, and I drop her off to daycare, where we struggle with one another there! I go to work and pick her up and battle over eating dinner (and itís completely mystifying when the daycare lady tells me what a total delight she was, how she ate her lunch, cleaned up her toys and went down for her nap without so much as a sneeze!), then the bedtime (the most completely horrifying moments of my day) beginsÖand goes on for 2 1/2 hours sometimes. I cry and ask God to help me. I feel like Iím losing my mind. Then I have to go to bed because I know Iíll need the energy for the next dayÖbecause sheíll be waking me up all night long too. When she puts her little arms around me and tells me how much she loves me Iím dying inside because I think about what a horrible person I am for hating this. How can I hate it when sheís so beautiful and sweet? I feel like going to work is my only break and I canít imagine if I was a stay-at-home mom (which I was for her first year and a half so I know what thatís like, too). Iím so sorry for all the tears you shed and your feelings of helplessness. I know what itís like. Hang in there!
Knox

Knoxville, TN

#281754 Feb 3, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
So? The fact remains that ALL contraceptive methods can and DO fail occasionally, and when a pregnancy results due to BC failure, it is the WOMAN who decides whether or not to continue it.
What part of NOT YOUR PREGNANCY, NOT YOUR DECISION do you have a problem understanding?
You don't have to get all feminazi on me. If you think it's a moral right to destroy your own child in your womb, then you go girl! It's not me to tell you what you can and can't do, you live with the reality of your own actions. I'd say that along with masturbation and suicide, an abortion is one of the most selfish acts one can condone. Oh, and not my pregnancy? Both of my wife's pregnancies were with me there with her all the way. Those children are ours, not just hers. I guess it's just a different set of morals, I'd kill for my CHILDREN'S well being, and you would kill your child, for YOUR well being. But I guess that makes me non pc and evil in this society.
Knox

Knoxville, TN

#281755 Feb 3, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
For the anti-choice imbeciles who still believe the FALSE assertion that "mothers never regret having their children."
chrysantheMUM says:
August 17, 2011 at 5:38 am
Iím so happy to have found this site too! Isnít it nice to know youíre not the only one? Sometimes when Iím walking around with my daughter at the zoo and see all the other mothers with their stair-stepper kids, like 3 or 4 kids right in a row and a baby on the way I think ďwhatís wrong with me? why canít I do it like her?Ē I wonder why I feel so sad and depressed all the time. My daughter is beautiful and wonderful, smart and funÖbut sheís the ONLY thing in my life. Iím a single mom and I wonít complain about that, actually Iíd rather do this by myself than also have to handle her biological father and all of his baggage. Heís not involved with us at all, havenít even gotten a phone call from him since her first birthday and my feeling is ďwith a father like that who needs a father?Ē Iím all she needs and more than enough.
Iím a great mom and super patient and sheís a VERY involved child. Not much independent play or anything like thatÖitís pretty much complete interface from her waking moment until I have to rock her to sleep every night for an hour! Then sheís awake during the night too, like every 90 minutes she comes to get me. I, too, feel like I canít handle it. I feel like Iím being completely suffocated and thereís no way out.
I understand loving your children but hating this motherhood gig! Itís incredible. I feel terrified when I realize how much of myself is left to meÖnone, absolutely none at all. Itís crazy! I get up with her in the morning and struggle with her over eating a good breakfast, I play with her and then struggle with her to get dressed, then we battle to get into the carseat, and I drop her off to daycare, where we struggle with one another there! I go to work and pick her up and battle over eating dinner (and itís completely mystifying when the daycare lady tells me what a total delight she was, how she ate her lunch, cleaned up her toys and went down for her nap without so much as a sneeze!), then the bedtime (the most completely horrifying moments of my day) beginsÖand goes on for 2 1/2 hours sometimes. I cry and ask God to help me. I feel like Iím losing my mind. Then I have to go to bed because I know Iíll need the energy for the next dayÖbecause sheíll be waking me up all night long too. When she puts her little arms around me and tells me how much she loves me Iím dying inside because I think about what a horrible person I am for hating this. How can I hate it when sheís so beautiful and sweet? I feel like going to work is my only break and I canít imagine if I was a stay-at-home mom (which I was for her first year and a half so I know what thatís like, too). Iím so sorry for all the tears you shed and your feelings of helplessness. I know what itís like. Hang in there!
Because chrisanthemum is an anomaly compared to moral and mentally healthy humans.
Ocean56

AOL

#281756 Feb 3, 2013
Knox wrote:
You don't have to get all feminazi on me. If you think it's a moral right to destroy your own child in your womb, then you go girl! It's not me to tell you what you can and can't do, you live with the reality of your own actions. I'd say that along with masturbation and suicide, an abortion is one of the most selfish acts one can condone. Oh, and not my pregnancy? Both of my wife's pregnancies were with me there with her all the way. Those children are ours, not just hers. I guess it's just a different set of morals, I'd kill for my CHILDREN'S well being, and you would kill your child, for YOUR well being. But I guess that makes me non pc and evil in this society.
I can post ANY way I want, goofy. If you have a problem with that, too bad.

The fact remains that no matter what your stupid and regressive BELIEFS are concerning women and pregnancy, I don't have to go along with them. Neither does any other woman who doesn't want any or more children. Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, and a woman can reject it for any reason including the most basic one, she doesn't want to be a mother.

I find it hilarious that you consider masturbation to be "selfish," considering that it's one of the best ways to enjoy sex and AVOID the unwanted outcome of pregnancy at the same time. I guess that's why anti-contraception religions and churches condemn it though; it gives women TOO much freedom. Tough luck for them too.
Ocean56

AOL

#281757 Feb 3, 2013
Knox wrote:
Because chrisanthemum is an anomaly compared to moral and mentally healthy humans.
lol Are you really so dense that you believe hers was the ONLY story? I hate to break it to you (not really), but there are MANY such stories of women who REGRET becoming mothers on this site as well as the previous one. Such as:

Anonymous says:

July 30, 2011 at 12:58 pm

This website is awesome and I am sooo happy I found this. I am 22 years old and gave birth to my son this may. I got married last year in august and found out I was pregnant a couple weeks later. I did not want to keep it and wanted a abortion desperately. However my husband pressured me to keep the baby. Basically said keep the baby or I will leave you. I gave in because I loved him and donít believe in divorce. He left for the Marines this March. So he missed the birth and did not meet his son until he was a month old. I am in the US Air Force Reserves and worked full time a lot on orders. I got the opportunity to travel some also. Now I feel like I have no options. I love my son to death but hate not having the freedom I once had. Just to think this time last summer I wasnít pregnant. I wish I could go back in time so bad. My husband is very supportive but right now he is in training away from home. I resent him because he gets to do whatever he wants once the work day is over. Iím so mad he left me to care for our son alone after I didnít want a child to begin with. I just went back to drilling once a month and felt like a walking zombie for those two days. I got barely any sleep so Idk how I will return to work full time. I barely have any friends and feel so isolated in the house. Some days I wish I had the guts to just shoot myself in the head. I would rather be dead than feel this way. But I donít want to leave my son motherless. So all I can do is cry every day.
Gtown71

United States

#281758 Feb 3, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a lot of deadbeat dads who do precisely that. They walk away and pay NO child support whatsoever.
Any guy who either has a problem with abortion or has a problem being a dad needs to find out what a woman would do about a pregnancy BEFORE he sleeps with her or starts a relationship with her, not afterward. If he doesn't like her answer, whether she would abort a pregnancy or continue it and raise the baby, he can simply walk away and NOT have sex with her at all. No sex, no pregnancy...NO PROBLEM.
If a guy can't be bothered to take this simple step beforehand, he has only HIMSELF to blame if a woman chooses to abort or continue a pregnancy.
Ok Ocean, but you can say ALL that you just said about the WOMAN as well!

SHE should THINK about getting pregnant BEFORE she has sex.
If SHE cannot be bothered with a few thoughts about getting pregnant, then SHE can just walk away.

I nolonger believe in deadbeat dads.

The only one I would put that label on, is the guy that WANTED the child, and later walked away. Only AFTER THE BIRTH. if he walks away BEFORE the birth of HIS child, then just like women can CHOOSE, then the Man should be able to CHOOSE to ABORT his responsibilities.

Like I said, if you just replace the he with a she in what you just wrote, then there would be very few abortions.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#281759 Feb 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Matt birk made $925,000 last year. A lot of the women he wants to see keep pregnancies they can't afford make 1/100th of that. How much does he donate to women who need financial help?
BTW--the last person I would ask about medical orlegal issues is some jock.
<quoted text>
LOL Very true. Matt Burke is a good guy tho, and his good buddy and teammate Terrell Suggs is on the opposite side of the theological fence of him on the abortion issue and gay marriage. If anything, the two men are a really good example of two sides not only co-existing, but also of working together.
Knox

Knoxville, TN

#281760 Feb 3, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can post ANY way I want, goofy. If you have a problem with that, too bad.
The fact remains that no matter what your stupid and regressive BELIEFS are concerning women and pregnancy, I don't have to go along with them. Neither does any other woman who doesn't want any or more children. Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, and a woman can reject it for any reason including the most basic one, she doesn't want to be a mother.
I find it hilarious that you consider masturbation to be "selfish," considering that it's one of the best ways to enjoy sex and AVOID the unwanted outcome of pregnancy at the same time. I guess that's why anti-contraception religions and churches condemn it though; it gives women TOO much freedom. Tough luck for them too.
I find you hilarious for your regressed belief in neonaticide type of behavior. Oh, and masturbation is not selfish? Just who do you think benefits from it? Nobody but you. Most people have done it and it is normal, but most people that marry don't have a need for it if they have a good relationship. Too much power to a woman? Are you kidding? My wife lets me think I wear the pants but she is really the one who runs the place, she is awesome. Too bad your life is filled with so much anger and strife. I mean come on, your one mission here is to defend a selfish decision to kill your unborn. Wow, I have no problems compared to you.
Knox

Knoxville, TN

#281761 Feb 3, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol Are you really so dense that you believe hers was the ONLY story? I hate to break it to you (not really), but there are MANY such stories of women who REGRET becoming mothers on this site as well as the previous one. Such as:
Anonymous says:
July 30, 2011 at 12:58 pm
This website is awesome and I am sooo happy I found this. I am 22 years old and gave birth to my son this may. I got married last year in august and found out I was pregnant a couple weeks later. I did not want to keep it and wanted a abortion desperately. However my husband pressured me to keep the baby. Basically said keep the baby or I will leave you. I gave in because I loved him and donít believe in divorce. He left for the Marines this March. So he missed the birth and did not meet his son until he was a month old. I am in the US Air Force Reserves and worked full time a lot on orders. I got the opportunity to travel some also. Now I feel like I have no options. I love my son to death but hate not having the freedom I once had. Just to think this time last summer I wasnít pregnant. I wish I could go back in time so bad. My husband is very supportive but right now he is in training away from home. I resent him because he gets to do whatever he wants once the work day is over. Iím so mad he left me to care for our son alone after I didnít want a child to begin with. I just went back to drilling once a month and felt like a walking zombie for those two days. I got barely any sleep so Idk how I will return to work full time. I barely have any friends and feel so isolated in the house. Some days I wish I had the guts to just shoot myself in the head. I would rather be dead than feel this way. But I donít want to leave my son motherless. So all I can do is cry every day.
I must be dense to the point that all I heard in your cut/paste story was, me-me-me, I don't have my freedom, sniff sniff. If this mentally and morally bankrupt woman wasn't woman enough to do the right thing, then she can give the child up to child services. Or she could kill it. After all whats the difference between you and her? And I will post as I see fit. My point of view and values are still protected, as are yours. Just because my morals differ from all the progressive garbage people like you love to worship, it doesn't mean I have to listen and not argue back with a traditional, moral point of view. And if you don't like it, too bad.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#281762 Feb 3, 2013
Knox wrote:
<quoted text>I find you hilarious for your regressed belief in neonaticide type of behavior.
What bullshit. "neonaticide" is the murder of a baby less than a month old. NObody's discussing murdering born children here.

Can your kind have ANY discussion that's NOT full of hyperbolic bullshit?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#281763 Feb 3, 2013
STO wrote:
cont'd.
With all that said...
I ask you AC/PL folks: Do you really want to hand over every pregnant woman's medical decisions, diet decisions, career/job decisions to a legislature? Do you really want to have government step in between a woman and her physicians?
And to PC, I'd like to ask: Don't you find the idea of terminating a viable fetus (with no medical reason, emergency) just plain wrong? Be honest. I do.
I believe that, even though most of us would not have a late term abortion because of our personal morals, the woman's right to determine what happens with and to her body takes precedence over what happens to the fetus she carries. I personally don't approve of LTA, but I don't think I have a right to deny another woman her autonomy when it comes to abortion.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#281764 Feb 3, 2013
Oooh, this is getting dark......
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#281765 Feb 3, 2013
There is only ONE abortion clinic in Mississippi and they want to close it.

Backward state.
Obskeptic

Wixom, MI

#281766 Feb 3, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a lot of deadbeat dads who do precisely that. They walk away and pay NO child support whatsoever.
Any guy who either has a problem with abortion or has a problem being a dad needs to find out what a woman would do about a pregnancy BEFORE he sleeps with her or starts a relationship with her, not afterward. If he doesn't like her answer, whether she would abort a pregnancy or continue it and raise the baby, he can simply walk away and NOT have sex with her at all. No sex, no pregnancy...NO PROBLEM.
If a guy can't be bothered to take this simple step beforehand, he has only HIMSELF to blame if a woman chooses to abort or continue a pregnancy.
In a perfect world and if men were that communicative, then that would go a long way towards solving the problem, I agree. That is why our earlier generations discouraged destructive and risky behavior. Did that alone stop it? Hell no, were talking about human beings here, but the standards kept that behavior far more in check then the system of rewards from government we have today that encourages the birth of fatherless children, or the killing of the fetus. All that abortion has accomplished is to allow men to be irresponsible, and liberate women to be much freer with their sexuality, both of which benefits men. It is particularly helpful to the immoral predator man, which exists in far more abundance as a result.
Gtown71

United States

#281767 Feb 3, 2013
Guppy wrote:
There is only ONE abortion clinic in Mississippi and they want to close it.
Backward state.
There is only 1 abortion clinic left in a few /several states.
These states are in a race "of sorts ", to be the 1st state to claim the status of "abortion free " state.

The govenor of MS, makes no bones about his intentions.
He has openly, clearly said that he will do all, that is within his power to shut it down!

He has now legaly put conditions on this clinic, and the one that may be it's down fall, is the one that says within a certain time limit "which is comming very soon ",they must have a hospital that will "partner " with them, in order to be able to have access, in case something goes wrong "which it does "during an abortion.

They have so far NOT been able to get a hospital to sign off on the "hey we screwed up this womans abortion,so can you now fix it "papers.

As much as the pro kill at will folks on here want you to believe, Everyone is not ok with being associated with the killing of an unborn human.

Plus, as I stated they are not the only state.
The state of AR used to have 17 abortionist, but now they only have 1.

Many kill at will, would also have you to believe, that it is not just abortion mills that can do abortions, but any med doctor, with the proper credentials can do an abortion.

That may be true, but it is not reality.

Again -many, many, many doctors signed on to help human life not kill human life.
They also know that it is a type of business, that one is either IN or OUT.

The fact is, a regular doctor would lose way to many patients if the patience knew they also perform abortions.

It seems to me, that compared to the number of doctors in the US, that there are just a few, that believe in abortion, enough to do one,no matter how popular some would have you believe abortion is.
Obskeptic

Wixom, MI

#281768 Feb 3, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Ocean, but you can say ALL that you just said about the WOMAN as well!
SHE should THINK about getting pregnant BEFORE she has sex.
If SHE cannot be bothered with a few thoughts about getting pregnant, then SHE can just walk away.
I nolonger believe in deadbeat dads.
The only one I would put that label on, is the guy that WANTED the child, and later walked away. Only AFTER THE BIRTH. if he walks away BEFORE the birth of HIS child, then just like women can CHOOSE, then the Man should be able to CHOOSE to ABORT his responsibilities.
Like I said, if you just replace the he with a she in what you just wrote, then there would be very few abortions.
Ocean lives in a reality like our president does, nothing is ever her fault. If she gets pregnant, it would be entirely the mans fault. She was obviously deprived of affection and love as a child and young adult, because one would have to be to be so selfish, cold hearted, and numb of emotion or compassion that they would bring lethal harm to the very life that she was responsible for creating. Only a person incapable of love could do such a thing to an otherwise healthy, gestating baby human. Thats why hating comes so easily to progressive liberals. To find out just how hate filled their souls are, try to disagree with one.
Gtown71

United States

#281769 Feb 3, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
In a perfect world and if men were that communicative, then that would go a long way towards solving the problem, I agree. That is why our earlier generations discouraged destructive and risky behavior. Did that alone stop it? Hell no, were talking about human beings here, but the standards kept that behavior far more in check then the system of rewards from government we have today that encourages the birth of fatherless children, or the killing of the fetus. All that abortion has accomplished is to allow men to be irresponsible, and liberate women to be much freer with their sexuality, both of which benefits men. It is particularly helpful to the immoral predator man, which exists in far more abundance as a result.
Very Well Said!!!
All you have said I "as a man" agrees with, but the prochoice folks look at me, as a man, that just wants to control women.
When the truth, is anything but.
Gtown71

United States

#281770 Feb 3, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Ocean lives in a reality like our president does, nothing is ever her fault. If she gets pregnant, it would be entirely the mans fault. She was obviously deprived of affection and love as a child and young adult, because one would have to be to be so selfish, cold hearted, and numb of emotion or compassion that they would bring lethal harm to the very life that she was responsible for creating. Only a person incapable of love could do such a thing to an otherwise healthy, gestating baby human. Thats why hating comes so easily to progressive liberals. To find out just how hate filled their souls are, try to disagree with one.
It's very sad, but I agree with all you have just said!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#281771 Feb 3, 2013
Masturbation is selfish? Why? Are there crowds of clamoring people being denied your "good stuff"? Masturbation is in fact both physically and mentally healthy.

When you have to physically deal with your own pregnancy, you have a say in it. Not before.
Knox wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have to get all feminazi on me. If you think it's a moral right to destroy your own child in your womb, then you go girl! It's not me to tell you what you can and can't do, you live with the reality of your own actions. I'd say that along with masturbation and suicide, an abortion is one of the most selfish acts one can condone. Oh, and not my pregnancy? Both of my wife's pregnancies were with me there with her all the way. Those children are ours, not just hers. I guess it's just a different set of morals, I'd kill for my CHILDREN'S well being, and you would kill your child, for YOUR well being. But I guess that makes me non pc and evil in this society.
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

#281772 Feb 3, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Beautifully stated by an individual that argues that what is growing in the womb of a women is not a human, in spite of all evidence and rational argument that it is. Whats irrational is how many things are so and a fact just because its stated by a progressive.
When have I ever talked about that? Let me know when you have a leg to stand on, ok.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 33 min Yeah 1,153,941
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Mothra 49,184
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 hr scirocco 71,008
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 18 hr TRD 68,882
Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Thu Careless Crecca 69
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) Thu WilliamB41 11
Merry Christmas everyone. Wed teri 1
Hartford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hartford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hartford

Personal Finance