Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
264,561 - 264,580 of 305,423 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you argue so incessently about the definition of "vability" when you are for the " protection for the most innocent and helpless human life."?
Certainly there is human life before viability.
I've answered you already but what the hell....

While I may be for the protection of innocent human life I'm also a realist and recognize that the law of the land right now recognizes the right to elective abortion....and viability remains at the heart of when that life is currently afforded any level of legal protection, so you're damn right I'm gonna argue what the proper definition is. Besides that, just the tearing down of the credibility of the opposition by demonstrating that they don't even have the ability or the intelligence to grasp the meaning of such a fundamental concept.....is alone worth arguing it.
Get it now grumpster ? Or are ya gonna ask me again?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>No one did anything wrong sicko, not the Jews ,Catholics or any other person who died in the concentration camps and asylums run by Hitler.
Oh yeah?

You might want to talk to Hitler before you say anything.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Can't tell if you people love or hate Hitler.

All Hitler All Day Long.

Get a grip with this Hitler thing. It happened a long time ago. Get over it. It's Not going to happen again. Guaranteed.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

The drive at five.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Have you noticed the men who show up at abortion clinics to picket?

There aren't many, but they look like perverts. Wonder why?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be accurate, and serves as a sad statement to our "progress". If I were a betting man, and believed in mob rule democracy, I would venture to guess that in the 1780's, 63% or more of the folks in the south wanted to keep owning another human legal as well. So using your logic and arguments, that made slavery OK, right?
Oh God the slavery and Hitler argument.......what a new concept.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right, there is a big difference. Progressives have not "found" the right to kill your kids yet outside the womb if they are an inconvenience to you. Their working on it though. Like in New York, the Governor wants a women to be able to "remove" her unborn child, for any reason, up to and including the the last month of the third trimester. Wouldn't that just make you jubilant? My guess is you would be more horrified at someone killing a puppy then a baby, but thats just a guess.
Well you would guess wrong. I haven't seen this legislation in bill form so I don't know what it says.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Lily cares way too much about a poster that she doesn't know. If she isn't Lynne D, why does she jump to the woman's defense so vehemently? Lynne D isn't even around anymore, and all she has to do is ignore any reference to Lynne to make the issue go away.. Lily isn't the type of person to take up for a total stranger in such an emotional, visceral manner. She's very transparent.
Here's a link to when Lynne FINALLY came clean:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/newington-ct/...

Those few pages are very interesting reading.

Here's a link to Lynne/Perverse/Lily bitching about my posting pictures of Gerri Santoro:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

Sound familiar?

Lynne is SO ignorant that she really thinks she dosen't "out" herself with every post she makes. Her views are the same as they've always been. Her WORDS are the same, and that more than anything is what makes the hole she's dug for herself even DEEPER.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a little fairy.
Please dont insult fairy's.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
I've answered you already but what the hell....
While I may be for the protection of innocent human life I'm also a realist and recognize that the law of the land right now recognizes the right to elective abortion....and viability remains at the heart of when that life is currently afforded any level of legal protection, so you're damn right I'm gonna argue what the proper definition is. Besides that, just the tearing down of the credibility of the opposition by demonstrating that they don't even have the ability or the intelligence to grasp the meaning of such a fundamental concept.....is alone worth arguing it.
Get it now grumpster ? Or are ya gonna ask me again?
One more question. Do you buy those condoms to blow up as balloons
at kids' parties?
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

saasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> That tragic story became even more tragic.
Nobody said that she SHOULD carry her twins to term. They could have delivered those babies very early on "if "her body couldn't handle it.
I don't know if they could have. You don't either. But, for the sake of argument, are you saying the only "moral" treatment, in all cases of life-threat, would be to deliver the non-viable fetus?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Please dont insult fairy's.
hahaha. I'll try not to.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
A patient can certainly ask anything they want. And it would be important to know whether a doctor considers both mom and baby as his patients.
A patient does not have the right to know what a medical worker's private views are. That's the law. Any obstetrician considers both the woman and the fetus as patients. That's what an obstetrician does, silly, regardless of a personal view on abortion. That myopia of yours is not serving you well, dear.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
Have you noticed the men who show up at abortion clinics to picket?
There aren't many, but they look like perverts. Wonder why?
The deathscorts at abortion clinics look like grazing heffers w/ pink/purple hair and nose rings.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a little fairy.
Leave cPeter alone.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what. Since it is the WOMAN who takes on all the health risks and complications of carrying a pregnancy to term, it is only logical that it is the WOMAN who makes the choice whether or not to continue a pregnancy.
Like other conservative anti-choice guys, you're just pissed that you can't force a woman to gestate a pregnancy she may never have wanted to begin with and quite possibly used contraception to PREVENT. Too bad. Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, and no woman has to be a mother unless she WANTS to. The 1800's are over, and we women get to make our OWN sexual and reproductive choices. Get used to it.
You do not value motherhood, femininity, babies, womanhood....

......you don't know who you are. All you know is you value convenience as it pertains to yourself.

You're a lonely, empty mess.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a link to when Lynne FINALLY came clean:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/newington-ct/...
Those few pages are very interesting reading.
Here's a link to Lynne/Perverse/Lily bitching about my posting pictures of Gerri Santoro:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
Sound familiar?
Lynne is SO ignorant that she really thinks she dosen't "out" herself with every post she makes. Her views are the same as they've always been. Her WORDS are the same, and that more than anything is what makes the hole she's dug for herself even DEEPER.
Looks like Lynne/Persevere was already setting up for her return under a new name...

"I'm leaving and won't be coming back.

These phsychos will still accuse newbies of being "Lynne". I assure you, they won't be. I'm not ever coming back into this forum."
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I think I'm all that's left.
Your presence is impotent.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all adoptable babies are wanted by couples hoping to adopt. If your above statement were even half true, there would not be thousands of parentless American children waiting for homes filled with loving families.
Don't be calling anyone else a mess until you clean up your own damn porch.
The babies you are suggesting be killed (those waiting to be born) are most certainly wanted by adoptive parents.

You were not speaking of 10-year-old foster children.

Be intellectually honest for a change. Your intentional obfuscation is tiring.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Imo, this was an excellent exchange. Having paged forward, it didn't go any where, which is too bad.
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"I don't believe in "life saving" killing. Nor does she."
It is referred to as self-defense, JM.
You would, irl, refuse your daughter a life saving abortion as self-defense. That is definitely your right because nobody's removed women's civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy.
If Roe v Wade were to be overturned, out the window those go. Then, perhaps (worst case scenario), the physician would force an abortion on your daughter or on her daughter.
There're more than one side to this debate. But you're so focused on the fetus, you've lost sight of everything else.
I, for one, would hope your daughter, Guppy's daughter, my daughter, you, me, and she were all covered by civil rights of privacy and autonomy so that, individually, we could make the right decisions for our individual circumstances.
Don't you agree? Yes or No?
saasssyliciousk wrote:
<quoted text> Katie, deliberately killing an innocent humans life is never the "right decision" . Not for me, my daughter, you, your daughter, guppy etc.....
Women kill their unwanted born children instead of giving them to the father to raise or some family member. For some sickass reason they think killing them is the best decision.
Where is the line drawn? What makes it acceptable killing seconds prior to birth but not after? Who's justified? Who isn't. All personal opinions really. In the end, an innocent life is deliberately killed. You don't have a moral right to do so.
AC/PL prefers to start their argument at viability (one day before the due date) and work backward, making the moral arguement that terminating a baby is wrong.

PC prefer to start our argument at fertilization and work toward viability, making the legal argument that there is not a baby to terminate and therefore the one person involved (the woman) is also the only person who can make any medical decisions regarding her body.

There are very few PC who do not agree with restrictions.

There are very few AC/PL who do not agree with exceptions.

For many on the AC side, they cannot understand why anyone would not want to afford a fetus that is one day from delivery legal protection from the actions of the woman. No manslaugher charge. No murder charge. Because the fetus has no rights.

I don't know of any PC person who could MORALLY accept terminating a viable fetus, one day before delivery (healthy woman, no medical emergency, etc.).

As for the PC side, we cannot understand how anyone would consider a fertilized egg as being an infant. Under the worst of circumstances (life-threatening pregnancy), the woman should have the legal right to make her own medical decisions, so it follows that under the best of circumstances (early in the pregnancy, no life-threat), it follows that the woman should have the legal right to make her own medical decisions.

As Katie inferred, the lost point in all this is the zef is INSIDE a person. No one is arguing the woman is not a person, a person with civil rights, a person who is supposed to have equal civil rights to any other citizen/person in the US.

There is simply no way to afford a fetus rights without diminishing the pregnant woman's rights.

AC/PL are all too willing to accept this concept and make it law. They do not consider that their would-be law disregards medical opinion on a case by case basis. No matter what, gotta follow the law, and the woman doesn't get a say as to what happens to her body.

PC cannot accept this concept, not only because we will not relinquish personal autonomy, medical privacy, but because we also know a "one size fits all" law is not feasable. It can't fit all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Air Quality Alert for Hartford County was issued at August 27 at 5:19AM EDT

•••
•••
Hartford Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hartford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••