Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,987
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#278941 Jan 22, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Consider the following scenerio:
Say there are two women and both of them get pregnant on the same day.
Now after six months, one of the women has a pre-mature baby and it is put in an incubator. Three months later, the second woman comes to the hospital, has her baby, and a few days later both mothers leave the hospital with their babies.
According to you PCers, the premature baby in the incubator, between the age of six-to-nine months, is given the status of 'person' while the fetus/baby in the other woman's womb is a non-person, even though both the born baby and the unborn baby are the same age during this time period.
Why is this?
Because the preemie is born and the fetus is not born.

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

North Olmsted, OH

#278942 Jan 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not "reading her right". She is talking about BEFORE THEY HAVE SEX. There IS no pregnancy to decide about if there has been NO sex. Correct?
So, what you're trying hard to NOT say, is that you only want them "informed" if it will result in the decision YOU want them to make. Got it.
If I was to tell young people that college has hardships involved, like sometimes having to walk to class in bad weather, sleepless nights, stress before exams, and poor diet among other things, I can guarantee you that I will probably disuade about 25% of them not to go to college.

What I have to ask myself is 'do I have a right to try to disuade them from going to college'?
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#278943 Jan 22, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No grumps, I'm afraid you have no idea.
My daughter WAS part of my wifes body.
She's five years old now and she is still part of my wife 'her mothers " body.
She will forevermore be part of my wifes body.
You're the one that doesn't understand.
This is a precious life.
You are a precious life!
You may think your daughter is part of your wife's body but your daughter doesn't think that your wife is part of your daughter's body. Just wait until your daughter is a teen-ager and demands that you figuratively sever the umbillical cord that you literally couldn't sever when she was born.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#278944 Jan 22, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>

I believe every teenage girl or young woman should at least TRY to make it work despite the hardships she will experience. Then if it turns out is just too much for her, then she should give that child up for adoption.
This much too glib a thought to be taken seriously. Do ever think things through before putting it out there for others to read/hear?

“Never give up”

North Olmsted, OH

#278945 Jan 22, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon! Think. The infant in the incubator is born. Born. Unattached, crying, being fed, being changed and most importantly breathing.
Can that 'born' baby live without the incubator? If that baby can't live without the incubator, then that baby is not a fully-functioning human being and should not be given the status of 'person' until the baby can live outside the incubator, yes?

Atrisco Village

#278946 Jan 22, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if you think that the women who want babies should try to go to full-term despite having no guarantees, then why should any woman not try to raise a baby if she has one?
You PCers should encourage every young girl/women to try to raise a baby if/when she gets pregnant. They should never be encouraged to 'wimp out' and get an abortion if/when they get pregnant.
I encourage women to make whatever decision they think is best for themselves, without interference from you, or, me or anyone else. You are very fond of telling everyone what they should and should not do, about things that are none of your business.

Atrisco Village

#278947 Jan 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they are not "the same age". Age, like personhood, begins at birth.
Good point.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#278948 Jan 22, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was to tell young people that college has hardships involved, like sometimes having to walk to class in bad weather, sleepless nights, stress before exams, and poor diet among other things, I can guarantee you that I will probably disuade about 25% of them not to go to college.
What I have to ask myself is 'do I have a right to try to disuade them from going to college'?
LOL, more deflection.

There is nothing wrong with trying to discourage young girls from having sex in the first place. Nothing.

Atrisco Village

#278949 Jan 22, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you guarantee such a thing, honey? Oh, I know... you can't. You don't even know that you are dissuading anybody. All you know is that you are informing them of the hardships of college life.

“Peace be with you”

Since: Sep 09

Good will to all!

#278950 Jan 22, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Can that 'born' baby live without the incubator? If that baby can't live without the incubator, then that baby is not a fully-functioning human being and should not be given the status of 'person' until the baby can live outside the incubator, yes?
No. That infant will rely on a variety of caregivers and h/she is a long way off from being fully functioning independently whether in or out of an incubator.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#278951 Jan 22, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh! So you have a problem with discouraging "young people" from having sex before they're ready?
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#278952 Jan 22, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
No. ALS does not negate personhood.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#278953 Jan 22, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon! Think. The infant in the incubator is born. Born. Unattached, crying, being fed, being changed and most importantly breathing.
AJ! Thinking is not this op's forte.
(hope you are well)

:)
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#278954 Jan 22, 2013
Anyone see this?

"Save the 1 intends to remove and prevent 'rape exceptions', starting with the Hyde Amendment. Save the 1 is a reference to the parable of the lost sheep in Matthew 18:10-14, in which the shepherd leaves his 99 sheep behind to find the 1 sheep who was lost.

"Rape and abortion are wrong for the same reason; they are both violent acts of aggression against another person," continued Kiessling. "If you really care about rape victims, you should want to protect them from the rapist, and from the abortion, and NOT the baby. A baby is not the worst thing which can happen to a rape victim an abortion is."
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/01/21/5129952/rape...
Gtown71

United States

#278955 Jan 22, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I think Gtown is trying to convince us he's this new Mr. Progressive guy because his archaic views make him look bad. However, given the fact that he complained constantly in a previous post about "what kind of man would do housework," his efforts are failing miserably.
He certainly hasn't convinced ME of his conversion from Mr. Archaic, and I doubt he's convinced anyone else either.
I've convinced my wife, and that's all that matters, but I never had to convince her. She's always known me.

I still think in a perfect world the man goes outside the home to work, and the wife does the work "which is a full time job " at home.

It was what was best for us in an imperfect world.

I never said the work was benieth me.
That's what you feel about house work.

My wife and I have been together since I was 14.
She's almost 2 years older then me.
I have Never in our marriage demanded her, or really even asked her to cook the first meal for me.

I've always enjoyed cooking, except it seems like it is hard to find something new.
Pork, chicken, beef.
I like croc pots, but they to get old.

Plus my wife is a very picky eater.
I've never ate alot of foods, unless the holidays at others homes.

When I first met her -she ate plain cheeseburgers and spaggetti O 's. Lol

I'm not anything special, but I don't lie.

Gotta go unload the dishwasher now. Lol

Ps -I just last montg fiquered out what those little plastic dividers were. To keep silverware seperate.

The washing machine has way to many settings, and I sometimes throw things together that shouldn't be.

I wash on cold, is there a reason to use hot, unless somethings really dirty?

I fold rags and towels into 3 's, becouse they look better.

My biggest challange is how it is doing the same thing over and over and over again.

I like the tv on, but if not careful, I don't get done what I want done.

So I listen to K -Love, which is a station you may have, but care nothing about. May you give it atleast a try???

Atrisco Village

#278956 Jan 22, 2013
Katie wrote:
Anyone see this?
"Save the 1 intends to remove and prevent 'rape exceptions', starting with the Hyde Amendment. Save the 1 is a reference to the parable of the lost sheep in Matthew 18:10-14, in which the shepherd leaves his 99 sheep behind to find the 1 sheep who was lost.
"Rape and abortion are wrong for the same reason; they are both violent acts of aggression against another person," continued Kiessling. "If you really care about rape victims, you should want to protect them from the rapist, and from the abortion, and NOT the baby. A baby is not the worst thing which can happen to a rape victim an abortion is."
These people are nuts.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#278957 Jan 22, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>These people are nuts.
They're control freaks. Emphasis on "freaks".

“Peace be with you”

Since: Sep 09

Good will to all!

#278958 Jan 22, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
AJ! Thinking is not this op's forte.
(hope you are well)
:)
Katie! I'm swell.(Reminds me of an "I Love Lucy" episode.)
How be you?

The OP is thinking furiously and dogged in his attempts to find a loophole. Should remind him that the first birthday is celebrated one year after birth. Not at conception or any other point prior to birth.

“Never give up”

North Olmsted, OH

#278959 Jan 22, 2013
Katie wrote:
Anyone see this?
I think rape would go way down if the punishment was automatic castration, but there are too many who believe this would be cruel and unusual punishment.

Its unfortunate that our society is filled with many bleeding heart lawyers, judges, and legislators who don't want to pass tougher anti-rape laws. If I was the President or a member of Congress, I would push for automatic castration if you're convicted of rape and it would have no 'three stikes and you're out' clause.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#278961 Jan 22, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie! I'm swell.(Reminds me of an "I Love Lucy" episode.)
How be you?
The OP is thinking furiously and dogged in his attempts to find a loophole. Should remind him that the first birthday is celebrated one year after birth. Not at conception or any other point prior to birth.
Exactly. On the day I was born, my age was 0, not 8 months.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 28 min SobieskiSavedEurope 1,154,076
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 33 min B as in B S as in S 49,215
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Eric 71,024
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr melody colombus 19,556
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Fri TRD 68,882
Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Thu Careless Crecca 69
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) Dec 18 WilliamB41 11
Hartford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hartford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hartford

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]