Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
259,941 - 259,960 of 305,174 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>So, who has said that abortion shouldn't be rare? When has anyone said otherwise?
What's the difference if it's rare or common as it is?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
There was only one point being made and that is that the court considers an unborn baby, a child. A human child.
Only under very narrow circumstances. You folks are trying to expand the definition in ways that you cannot uphold, in law. We are talking about legal terms, obviously. You folks aren't revealing anything new.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an unknown regarding Conner, Ink. Prior to this, most ZEFs were unrecognized by the courts and so was the woman's and/or family's loss.
The Victims of Violence Act or Conner's Law can be seen as a legal compromise. I know the PLM thinks of it as a weapon, but it's not meant to be.
PC see it more as further protecting women's civil rights to determine the outcome of her pregnancy. And now a wanted pregnancy ruined by a 3rd party is recognized in those states who've passed this.
You are right but in the right court case it will be cited for sure. One more chink in the armor. Eventually there will be enough decisions and fetus protection laws that RVW will have to be looked at again.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fun is a sin to the fundies.
Yeah, so is anything that even comes close to having a good time..
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Only under very narrow circumstances. You folks are trying to expand the definition in ways that you cannot uphold, in law. We are talking about legal terms, obviously. You folks aren't revealing anything new.
It only goes against the dehumanizing terms that pro choicers use instead of a child. He/she is called a child in the Bible and now in the Law.

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep your day job because you don't have a feel for humor.
Naw, you just do not have a sense of humor.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
There was only one point being made and that is that the court considers an unborn baby, a child. A human child.
Exactly, and for the purposes of recognizing they are separate victims of "murder" to due a violent act when they or both they and their mother's are killed.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
There's only one truth for me concerning abortion:
A fetus is alive before an abortion and it is dead after an abortion.
Abortion destroys life, and this is what makes it wrong and worth fighting against.
Yours is one opinion. That doesn't give you the right to force women to stay pregnant if they don't want to. "Fight," away, honey.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
That law doesn't prove SHIT about whether Connor was born or not when they were killed.
In fact, the autopsy reports stated they could NOT say if he'd been born or not.
The law was in response to the crime and other crimes like it you moron, NOT to whether or not he was murdered before OR after he was born.
Where is your post with those autppsy reports, stooge?

Obviously he was murdered while in the womb, or the law wouldn't have been made for UNBORN VICTIMS of VIOLENCE, with HIS name on it too, dummy.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

bman wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, like I said I have nothing against contraception, abortion isn't contraception. I was just telling someone that there IS a way to have sex in marriage but not have kids and not use artificial birth control. If you want to do it your way, that's your buisness. BUT don't use what I just said as a privacy argument for abortion because contraception is different from abortion. Abortion is much different because you're dealing with something that has it's own DNA and heartbeat. While I personally wouldn't use artificial birth control myself, it's a medicine that I don't mind because it doesn't hurt the unborn.
NFP is the least effective form of birth control. That is a fact. Research the subject outside of your religious websites.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws dont determine when someone's died you STUPID SHIT! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!
Lynne, you show how ignorant you are in SO Many ways, and you dont even know it!
Its HYSTERICAL!
Didn't say they did, but for idiots like you who have no sense, you would think otherwise, because you can't read for comprehension and can't understand common sense.

The law with CONNOR's name on it is The UNBORN VICTIMS of violence act of 2004. It's a law specifically designed to acknowledge those in utero who have been victimized and killed. NOT babies who popped out of their dead mother's and died then.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If he didn't die in the womb then we wouldn't have needed a law.
Exactly. lol, they really are deluded if they think they poist from intelligence or knowledge. They don't. They each post from ignorance and stupidity.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
"I worked in the medical field for years"
Cleaning up after all the abortions at the Planned Deathhood clinic is not working in the medical field, pagan.
Pete's claim of working in the medical field for years is bullshit, unless he means he MOWED fields near hospitals. The guy doesn't know anything medical. That's been proven by his own posts.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the difference if it's rare or common as it is?
Ask the poster to whom I was responding. I was responding to one specific statement he made.

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize that we don't live in a perfect world, and that sin abounds.
You act as if a child is no different then a 4- wheeler.
The husband has a right in Gods eyes to have what the two created.
God created evil, for without evil, then freewill would not truly be freewill.
you and those like you call evil good, and good evil.
You keep trying to make the argument that some how the man should have a say. He doesn't. As long as the woman takes the risk of her health and life the decision fair or not must remain with her exclusively.

And while it can be your belief that a man has a say. In America which is a secular society. Your beliefs are your and does not apply to any one that does not believe as you do.

And that goes for any christian woman who decides she does not want to be pregnant. And if the man decides he is going to exercise his "god given right" is going to know what a charge of violating her civil rights look like.

The jury and judge are not going to be amused by the explanation that it was his "god given right" to interfere with his wife medical decision. deal with it. As that is reality.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Yours is one opinion. That doesn't give you the right to force women to stay pregnant if they don't want to. "Fight," away, honey.
What did he say that you can disagree with?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Ask the poster to whom I was responding. I was responding to one specific statement he made.
I was asking you.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It only goes against the dehumanizing terms that pro choicers use instead of a child. He/she is called a child in the Bible and now in the Law.
The fetus is never recognized as a person, with rights as a citizen. Huge point, there. Ignoring it, as usual, Ink?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Maybe you should read the act--it states unambiguously that it has nothing to do with abortion.

Peterson was charged with 1st degree murder for his wife and 2nd degree for the child, on the basis that signs indicated he may have been ejected (born) before death.

Fetal homicide laws shore up the woman's right to control her pregnancy--no third party can interfere with that decision.
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
HA! So you're saying that just a "choice" can all of a sudden redefine a fetus as human or inhuman? In fact, Planned Paranthood was against this act when it was signed because they knew that this act would hurt the pro-choice argument and that the fetus shouldn't be counted as murder because the law clearly states that a pregnant woman killed with her unborn child would be considered a double-homicide. Do you suppoert this act? Because if you do, you're saying that a fetus should be counted as a human (double homicide means two PEOPLE getting killed). If the fetus WAS part of the woman before birth, it would be considered one casualty instead of two.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
CD, your obscene descriptions of the miscarriage a teen had is duly noted. You're a sick ass. We got it loud and clear, thank you.
As to your stupidity about Laci and Connor; "Yet, the one thing, on which all medical professionals could agree, was that the exact cause of death for both Laci and "Conner," could not be determined, due to the advanced decomposition of the bodies."
Prove it. Provide something to substantiate your claims.
Sure. Easy enough. Something YOU could have done if you actually WANTED the information to be factual, as opposed to trying to create facts to fit your scenerio.

http://www.pwc-sii.com/Research/conner/autops...

"Live birth: Peterson could not rule out live birth."

See how easy that was?

Want to see the death certificates? That's easy too.

http://www.ccclerkrec.us/connect/site/

I provided a law that substantiated he died before he was born.
LAWS DO NOT "SUBSTANTIATE" time of death Lynnie, you stupid thing. LOLOLOL!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Hartford Forum right now

Search the Hartford Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min HughBe 68,429
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Yeah 1,082,948
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 43 min litesong 45,864
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Badabing Badabang 18,588
Cher Calvin (Nov '08) 9 hr Ron Wells 19
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 12 hr TRD 68,054
More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) Jul 27 boogie 273
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hartford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••