Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310174 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#276777 Jan 14, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, so is anything that even comes close to having a good time..
Such tightasses.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#276778 Jan 14, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
There's only one truth for me concerning abortion:
A fetus is alive before an abortion and it is dead after an abortion.
Abortion destroys life, and this is what makes it wrong and worth fighting against.
But you picture a newborn baby being killed when in reality the embryo is about the size of a Tic Tac. Ninety-eight percent of abortions take place between seven to eight gestational weeks.

You want to restrict/remove women's civil rights for something the size of a Tic Tac. Something unwanted or unhealthy. And you think it's your call to make.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#276779 Jan 14, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro-Choice people get upset that us Pro-Life people try to 'interfere with their business', yet when they get an abortion they are interfering with the continuing development of a human being. This makes them hypocrites in my opinion.
So you do want the gov't, the clergy, and other nosy parkers (like you) butting into your private, medical decisions. If not, you're the real hypocrite here.
Gtown71

United States

#276780 Jan 14, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>So, who has said that abortion shouldn't be rare? When has anyone said otherwise?
I know you've heard the old saying -action speaks louder then words.
If 3000+ a day is a rare event to you (in which you promote), then I would hate to know what excessive means to you.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#276781 Jan 14, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You and the other dummy just need to stop depending on others for your informnation and pick uyp a freakin dictionary.
He was wrong, and doesn't need his wife to confirm it.
Lynne, first off MOST of us would take the word of a cockroach over your word.

Second, first you're bitching because people "have to look it up" as you've pissed and moaned about so often here, and NOW you're criticizing because they're NOT.@@

ANd frankly, coming from the stupid bitch that DOESNT bother to look things up BEFORE she mouths off (like the lie you told when you claimed to know someone who was born in a pvs, or that the Victims of Violence act PROVED when Connor died)- you're criticism is laughable at BEST!

NORMAL people have discussions like this with their spouses when their spouse is in the appropriate industry or business to know what they're speaking about. J's a micro-biologist and biology teacher, so when there's things like this that come up, I personally DO ask her, as it usually spurs discussion with her and can sometimes give a different perspective.

YOU are clearly one of those people that doesn't know how to have discussions let alone anything resembling civil conversation.
Gtown71

United States

#276782 Jan 14, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Your personal religious beliefs may be that a man has a right "to what the two created," but unless the woman allows it, you have no say about it. Pregnancy is not something men can control, except through prevention. Boys, wear a condom.
Well if the woman don't grant the man she married, His wishes on "their " child, then chances are, there will be one more marriage bite the dust.

Not that marriage is anything prodeath folks hold as sacred.
If they don't value human life inside the womb, they will not hold value to anything, but their own "happiness "and desires.

Location hidden

#276783 Jan 14, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the difference if it's rare or common as it is?
Inkstain, do you stay up late at night thinking of REALLY stupid things to say, or is this a natural ability?

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#276784 Jan 14, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you so much for clarifying that. Yes, anyone practicing NFP or RM must be aware that she is at high risk for pregnancy.
No problem. I actually like using the method because it's free and easy to use, lol. The biggest cons is that you have to have a regular cycle in order for it to be effective, you have to keep track of your cycle and you have to understand that when you're feeling like a mongoloid in heat, lol, it's also at the point in your cycle when pregnancy is most likely to occur. Like I said before, you really have to be open to pregnancy and I'm at the point in life where if it happens, it happens and if it doesn't, it doesn't. However, I am getting older and because of the higher risks associated with getting pregnant at an older age, I am considering getting sterilized via Essure.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#276785 Jan 14, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You and the other dummy just need to stop depending on others for your informnation and pick uyp a freakin dictionary.
He was wrong, and doesn't need his wife to confirm it.
Wow. Dictating how others should converse now?

"Sieg Heil"
Tondaleyo lives

Muscotah, KS

#276786 Jan 14, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Fetuses don't have rights, nor can they be granted any under the 14th amendment. Fetuses are neither born nor naturalized.
Born wmen do have rights, and the courts uphold them.
<quoted text>
More and more you sound like a nazi. More and more you uphold Hitler's philosophy. You are in huge trouble. You support disrespecting God's creation, you go from the pre born to the born, you approve of filthy and violent lifestyles, you and your pro abort friends have more violent tendencies than people did fifty years ago, you and your ilk are responsible for a more violent society. You and your ilk are pure evil.
Tondaleyo lives

Muscotah, KS

#276787 Jan 14, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say she wasn't sad about it Kuntbar - I said later on in her life she was THANKFUL it happened because of the level of illness on both her side AND my father's side of the family. At the time she was sad. But as the years went on and she learned more about how illnesses like MS and diabetes and genetic heart disease, she was thankful that stopped with HER.
<quoted text> Goodie for her.
<quoted text>
Yet I am BOTH a wife AND a mother by my choice.
Oh, you mean because I ADOPTED one of the unwanted kids your kind rejected for years that means I cant speak for women?? ROFLMAO!! Oh fk you and the horse you rode in on Knutter.
<quoted text>
Says who? YOU DONT MAKE THAT CALL y'dumb thing.
<quoted text>
Uh no. I wont. If G-d has an issue with my life and my choices, it will be between myself and Him.
If your jesus has an issue with it, he can fk himself too (and your horse as well), since he's not MY G-d. I certainly do NOT have to account to anyone that means LESS than nothing to me, not now and not ever.
If anything I would spit in his face for allowing idiots like you to DARE to think your kind speak for g-d.
<quoted text>
If they've spent years in therapy, they've got a LOT more issues that having an abortion.
<quoted text>
Oh horseshit. Alveda had her abortions and when she was beyond her slutty stage, and couldn't make any legitimate money, she decided to pimp herself out to the extremist right. I'm sure she's hurting a whole lot on her way to the bank.@@
<quoted text>
I NEVER try to speak for G-d.
YOU do however, and that makes YOU demonic, since last I checked, nobody died and no gray smoke made YOU pope.
Wow, what trash, by the way, your adoptive mother has met her child that she miscarried when she died. So you would spit in Christ's face, shows me that the saying I posted from the bible IS true about you. You are messed up, probably infested with a devil or two. Alveda knows Christ forgives. YOU are full of your own excrement. And those demons are salivating to get at ya.

Location hidden

#276788 Jan 14, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is your post with those autppsy reports, stooge?
Read the court transcript's of the trial MORON. I gave you the link to the coroners office as well.

Do you need THOSE spoon fed to you as well?
Obviously he was murdered while in the womb, or the law wouldn't have been made for UNBORN VICTIMS of VIOLENCE, with HIS name on it too, dummy.
You TRULY are a moron Lynne.

The family lent their name, because of the publicity, in an effort to get the FEDERAL bill PASSED, that had failed for YEARS BEFORE THE MURDERS to pass.

ROFLMAO

You REALLY are a jackass Lynniekins.

"Laci Peterson's family has entered the political arena, lending their names
Wednesday to legislation that would make killing a fetus a distinct federal crime.

The family support represents a considerable public relations push for
conservative lawmakers who have been working toward the
Unborn Victims of Violence Act for several years.

The House passed similar legislation in 1999 and 2001 by relatively comfortable
margins, but it did not win Senate approval."

PLEASE keep being stupid Lynnie, I'm LOVING watching you dig your hole deeper and deeper!

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#276789 Jan 14, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
If 3000+ a day is a rare event to you (in which you promote), then I would hate to know what excessive means to you.
Who says that the number of abortions shouldn't be reduced? Who says abortion should not be rare? And, BTW, it is you who says I promote abortion, which is a solid lie. I promote a woman's right to make whatever decision is right for her. I don't care what that decision is, silly. It's not my business. Right to Choose, that's what is is about. Nothing more, nothing less. Stop making stuff up.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#276790 Jan 14, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it's rare when you realize there are over 4 million annual live births in this country. Do you know what that breaks down to daily?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#276791 Jan 14, 2013
That's a tough gig...my ex was a CNA on a geriatric psych ward. He learned a lot about patience and compassion as patients drifted in and out of lucidity. And, of course, some died while in the ward.
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I take care of dying people. I work overnight shift. That's the quiet time when my patients think, reflect and talk about their lives. We hear a lot of very personal stuff. I have yet to hear one woman say one word about an abortion.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#276792 Jan 14, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if the woman don't grant the man she married, His wishes on "their " child, then chances are, there will be one more marriage bite the dust.
If they don't value human life inside the womb, they will not hold value to anything, but their own "happiness "and desires.
Wow, what an ugly stereotype. You believe it to be fact?

Atrisco Village

#276793 Jan 14, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Word salad... no, thanks. I never touch the stuff. I like a nice mixed green salad, myself.

Atrisco Village

#276794 Jan 14, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Inkstain, do you stay up late at night thinking of REALLY stupid things to say, or is this a natural ability?
Her Lawd did not install a filter in her brain. Thus, the uninterrupted flow of inane statements from her.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#276795 Jan 14, 2013
Fu** your god; yuor superstitions mean nothing.

Gee..who's been blowng up clnics, shooting doctors, and haranguing clinic patients? Not pro-choicers; you and your PLM zombies are a violent bunch. Read a history book moron; hitler outlawed abortion JUST LIKE you want to do.
Tondaleyo lives wrote:
<quoted text>More and more you sound like a nazi. More and more you uphold Hitler's philosophy. You are in huge trouble. You support disrespecting God's creation, you go from the pre born to the born, you approve of filthy and violent lifestyles, you and your pro abort friends have more violent tendencies than people did fifty years ago, you and your ilk are responsible for a more violent society. You and your ilk are pure evil.

Atrisco Village

#276796 Jan 14, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem. I actually like using the method because it's free and easy to use, lol. The biggest cons is that you have to have a regular cycle in order for it to be effective, you have to keep track of your cycle and you have to understand that when you're feeling like a mongoloid in heat, lol, it's also at the point in your cycle when pregnancy is most likely to occur. Like I said before, you really have to be open to pregnancy and I'm at the point in life where if it happens, it happens and if it doesn't, it doesn't. However, I am getting older and because of the higher risks associated with getting pregnant at an older age, I am considering getting sterilized via Essure.
Choice... it's a good thing :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min woodtick57 1,251,935
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr No Justice 20,064
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Earthling-1 53,996
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 hr Ratloder 70,147
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) Jul 2 AnthonyI15 44
News Boy, 11, drowns in Brentwood pool (Jun '08) Jun 29 tom wingo 48
News Gay couples hope legislation makes Hawaii first... (Feb '09) Jun 29 This Thread Now C... 16,154
More from around the web

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages