Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 10,764)

Showing posts 215,261 - 215,280 of303,165
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Judged:

Carbon-12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Susan's drifting responses have let this conversation drift terribly. I stated somewhere that the increased difficulty in allowing for safe legal abortion creates the cracks in which criminals like Gosnell can thrive. If women could go to any hospital and expect first world care there would be no money or motivation for a butcher. The "Prolife" movement wants a return to the days before legal abortion, and this is a preview of what they are working toward. She tries to ride the fence with this opposition to women's rights, and making a play to a false concern for safety, even as she opposes the safest options of all. I think she would be perfectly fine with legal abortion, so long as no one could ever get one.
And again, I have not accused Susan of violence, or overtly supporting violence., I said she benefits from the violence, and lends indirect support by working against the rights of other Americans. We can disagree. I would be ashamed of having someone like her in my family. Her beliefs are her own, and she is welcome to them. Her actions are worthy of scorn. She tells obvious lies, and is immune to the truth, and is a useful idiot for people who would strip women of their basic rights.
This post is a load of crap. Abortion is legal, and Philadelphia has many "clinics" where these women could have gone. There will always be people like Gosnell. He was able to thrive because pro"choicers" chose to ignore what was happening in his "clinic".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Judged:

Carbon-12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like a tiny violin? I am sorry that honest dialogue is so upsetting to you. I am not the reason we are here.
Let me know when you decide to start posting honest dialogue.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Carbon-12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Susan's drifting responses have let this conversation drift terribly. I stated somewhere that the increased difficulty in allowing for safe legal abortion creates the cracks in which criminals like Gosnell can thrive. If women could go to any hospital and expect first world care there would be no money or motivation for a butcher. The "Prolife" movement wants a return to the days before legal abortion, and this is a preview of what they are working toward. She tries to ride the fence with this opposition to women's rights, and making a play to a false concern for safety, even as she opposes the safest options of all. I think she would be perfectly fine with legal abortion, so long as no one could ever get one.
And again, I have not accused Susan of violence, or overtly supporting violence., I said she benefits from the violence, and lends indirect support by working against the rights of other Americans. We can disagree. I would be ashamed of having someone like her in my family. Her beliefs are her own, and she is welcome to them. Her actions are worthy of scorn. She tells obvious lies, and is immune to the truth, and is a useful idiot for people who would strip women of their basic rights.
She'll have to show me the character traits you describe at the end of your post, herself, Carb.

“They will lose.”

Since: Apr 11

Falcon can hear the falconer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
This post is a load of crap. Abortion is legal, and Philadelphia has many "clinics" where these women could have gone. There will always be people like Gosnell. He was able to thrive because pro"choicers" chose to ignore what was happening in his "clinic".
What a thoughtful answer Susan. Sometimes I forget the power of a good "nuh uh".

“They will lose.”

Since: Apr 11

Falcon can hear the falconer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me know when you decide to start posting honest dialogue.
I think it was 2008.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Judged:

Carbon-12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it was 2008.
Obviously you started and stopped in the same year.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Carbon-12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a thoughtful answer Susan. Sometimes I forget the power of a good "nuh uh".
Can't refute what I posted, I see.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Tuesday night, I'm not all that tired, and I'm bored,,,,, ya poor bastards....

Time to get to work!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>The people that commit those violent acts are criminals. I know that you are not a criminal and I trust that you know I am not. To compare each other to terrorists and murderers isn't fair.
I concur!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
There are different positions among prolifers, just as there are different positions among pro"choicers". Therefore either both sides are inconsistant, or neither side is.
Both sides are the literary equivalent to valium!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Susanm wrote:
Hmm, I wonder why Elise hasn't responded to my posts?
Cause you're the literary equivalent of Valium!!!! I fell asleep just looking at how long it was.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"The first line of defense was the Pennsylvania Department of Health. The
department’s job is to audit hospitals and outpatient medical facilities, like Gosnell’s, to make sure that they follow the rules and provide safe care. The department had contact
with the Women’s Medical Society dating back to 1979, when it first issued approval to
open an abortion clinic. It did not conduct another site review until 1989, ten years later.
Numerous violations were already apparent, but Gosnell got a pass when he promised to
fix them. Site reviews in 1992 and 1993 also noted various violations, but again failed to
ensure they were corrected."
"Except that there were complaints about Gosnell, repeatedly. Several
different attorneys, representing women injured by Gosnell, contacted the department. A
doctor from Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia hand-delivered a complaint, advising the
department that numerous patients he had referred for abortions came back from Gosnell
with the same venereal disease. The medical examiner of Delaware County informed the department that Gosnell had performed an illegal abortion on a 14-year-old girl carrying
a 30-week-old baby. And the department received official notice that a woman named
Karnamaya Mongar had died at Gosnell’s hands.
But even this total abdication by the Department of Health might not have been
fatal. Another agency with authority in the health field, the Pennsylvania Department of
State, could have stopped Gosnell single-handedly. While the Department of Health
regulates facilities, the Department of State, through its Board of Medicine, licenses and
oversees individual physicians. Like their colleagues at Health, however, Department of
State officials were repeatedly confronted with evidence about Gosnell, and repeatedly
chose to do nothing.
Indeed, in many ways State had more damning information than anyone else.
Almost a decade ago, a former employee of Gosnell presented the Board of Medicine
with a complaint that laid out the whole scope of his operation: the unclean, unsterile
conditions; the unlicensed workers; the unsupervised sedation; the underage abortion
patients; even the over-prescribing of pain pills with high resale value on the street. The department assigned an investigator, whose investigation consisted primarily of an offsite
interview with Gosnell. The investigator never inspected the facility, questioned other
employees, or reviewed any records. Department attorneys chose to accept this
incomplete investigation, and dismissed the complaint as unconfirmed.
The same thing happened at least twice more: the department received complaints
about lawsuits against Gosnell, but dismissed them as meaningless. A department
attorney said there was no “pattern of conduct.” He never bothered to check a national
litigation database, which would have shown that Gosnell had paid out damages to at
least five different women whose internal organs he had punctured during abortions.
Apparently, the missing piece in the “pattern” was press coverage. Once that began, after
the raid, the department attorney quickly managed to secure a license suspension against
Gosnell."
first example

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Susanm wrote:
Hmm, I wonder why Elise hasn't responded to my posts?
Cause she probably didn't have a few hours to kill...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm, Elise has things to do, my dear:)
oops,,, I shouldn't get ahead of myself.... my bad

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Judged:

R C Honey wrote:
Tuesday night, I'm not all that tired, and I'm bored,,,,, ya poor bastards....
Time to get to work!
Get us, RC! Woohoo!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
You support the right of the man firing the bullet but not the bullet killing the victim.
Knee caps or mid drift! One more damaging to the other... one would think...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet pro-choicers are clear that the term pro-choice just applies to reproductive choices, while the anti-choice position is supposed to include ALL life "from conception to natural death", which would have to include war and the death penalty as well. It's not the PCers fault anti-choicers try to cover more, when not all of them agree with the parameters. And SINCE they don't all agree, the term pro-life doesn't cut it for the abortion issue.
Still Spin Queen, your deflection doesn't change the fact that the term pro-choice only applies to reproductive issues.
Wow, you really are that dumb! Semantics Bitty.... argue em!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I said nothing about approving any choice. I approve of the RIGHTS, and whether or not I approve of any choice is irrelevant.
HUH?????

quit drinking Bitty,,, you're slurring

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Who did that, Glitoris?
probably you mulva!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You've just lied.
A clear example of Bitty calling the kettle black!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 215,261 - 215,280 of303,165
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Hartford County was issued at April 19 at 10:35PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Hartford Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE