Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 326418 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Atheist and Skeptic”

Since: Mar 11

Kuiper Belt

#228204 Apr 4, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
In the posts between you and me, the attitude you sensed was coming from you toward me.
Wrong. I patiently answered your tiresome questions and declarations about my posts being irrelevant or something. Don't play games. It's not going to work. I'm an adult.

So what will be next? A barrage of posts where you call me a bonehead and claim I can't "read for comprehension"? That seems to be your repetitive standard.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#228205 Apr 4, 2012
Carbon-12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have made a consistant error in thinking that something is true in one direction, that it goes both ways. I have done my best to explain to you that this is nothing like the truth. If you still don't see that, it is not my fault.
Of course you did. I'm sure that your shit doesn't stink either-just because you say so. Hey it's not not my fault that the Gosnell is a perfect exmple that you are wrong. There is a big danger to women, you know the ones that profess to care about, when you refuse to admit that one side is all wrong and the other side is all right.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#228206 Apr 4, 2012
Pluto is a planet wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. I patiently answered your tiresome questions and declarations about my posts being irrelevant or something. Don't play games. It's not going to work. I'm an adult.
So what will be next? A barrage of posts where you call me a bonehead and claim I can't "read for comprehension"? That seems to be your repetitive standard.
Bonehead! Your comprehension skills are nill. Lily (you may remember her as Perservere), has handed you your hat. Declare defeat at this point. She's all wise and all knowing. I'm sorry for you. No one beats Lily/Perse/Lynne - it has never been done.

(If you remember Eddie M?- he took a run around the block with Lily too. PL, him be, and yet somehow, and it's something to behold, she managed to alienate him. Amazing.)

Location hidden

#228207 Apr 4, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that you know what I meant, Sue.
Just that I would hope that they aren't known about and being covered up.
People like Gosnell are easily prosecuted with the way that the law stands. Everybody just needs to do there jobs. It being illegal wouldn't have changed a thing in this case with all things being equal.
Why so condescending... do you really believe that that's the *norm*?

"Just that I would hope that they aren't known about and being covered up."

Hope springs eternal.

"People like Gosnell are easily prosecuted with the way that the law stands. Everybody just needs to do there jobs. It being illegal wouldn't have changed a thing in this case with all things being equal."

I disagree. 1)The only reason that Gosnell was "caught" was because they were there on a drug bust. 2)When reports were filed, there would have been criminal investigations. 3)The authorities wouldn't have gotten away with: "With the change of
administration from Governor Casey to Governor Ridge, officials concluded that inspections would be “putting a barrier up to women” seeking abortions."

"do you really believe that that's the *norm*?"

No, and I said that, but I do believe that are far more people like Gosnell than people like C-12 are willing to admit.

“They will lose.”

Since: Apr 11

Falcon can hear the falconer

#228208 Apr 4, 2012
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you did. I'm sure that your shit doesn't stink either-just because you say so. Hey it's not not my fault that the Gosnell is a perfect exmple that you are wrong. There is a big danger to women, you know the ones that profess to care about, when you refuse to admit that one side is all wrong and the other side is all right.
Keep on barking about Gosnell all you want. He is your creature. Your mistake is thinking there are 2 sides. I don't want anything from people like you, and I don't have an agenda. You have side. The outside.

I know you have had tragedy, and I pity you for it, but it is not a license to hurt other people.

“They will lose.”

#228209 Apr 4, 2012
Susanm wrote:
No, and I said that, but I do believe that are far more people like Gosnell than people like C-12 are willing to admit.
That and $5 will buy you some coffee. I know you put a lot of value on baseless belief though, so it probably seems very real to you.

Location hidden

#228210 Apr 4, 2012
Carbon-12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep on barking about Gosnell all you want. He is your creature. Your mistake is thinking there are 2 sides. I don't want anything from people like you, and I don't have an agenda. You have side. The outside.
I know you have had tragedy, and I pity you for it, but it is not a license to hurt other people.
There is none so blind, as the one that refuses to see.

Location hidden

#228211 Apr 4, 2012
Carbon-12 wrote:
<quoted text>
That and $5 will buy you some coffee. I know you put a lot of value on baseless belief though, so it probably seems very real to you.
It appears that you are the one with the baseless beliefs, even when you have seen the proof.

“They will lose.”

#228212 Apr 4, 2012
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
There is none so blind, as the one that refuses to see.
You are good at platitudes.

“They will lose.”

#228216 Apr 4, 2012
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears that you are the one with the baseless beliefs, even when you have seen the proof.
If you had proof, you would not be suggesting there are probably more, you could say "look, here are more". And what it would be more of is what we have been trying to get away from for the last few generations. Gosnell does not exist because of people like me, and the implication that he does is as dim as the talk of "hoecum it is 2 murders?". Gosnell has an opportunity because safe legal abortion is under attack because of people like you. Only an idiot attacks safe abortion, and decries the existence of unsafe facilities. What seeds do you think you are planting?

Location hidden

#228217 Apr 4, 2012
Carbon-12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are good at platitudes.
That you, but I'm not nearly as good at platitudes as you are at denial.

Location hidden

#228218 Apr 4, 2012
oops "thank"

Location hidden

#228220 Apr 4, 2012
Carbon-12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had proof, you would not be suggesting there are probably more, you could say "look, here are more". And what it would be more of is what we have been trying to get away from for the last few generations. Gosnell does not exist because of people like me, and the implication that he does is as dim as the talk of "hoecum it is 2 murders?". Gosnell has an opportunity because safe legal abortion is under attack because of people like you. Only an idiot attacks safe abortion, and decries the existence of unsafe facilities. What seeds do you think you are planting?
"an idiot attacks safe abortion, and decries the existence of unsafe facilities."

But yet you can decry that I am responsible for "clinic" bombings. You really like double-standards.

“They will lose.”

#228223 Apr 4, 2012
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"an idiot attacks safe abortion, and decries the existence of unsafe facilities."
But yet you can decry that I am responsible for "clinic" bombings. You really like double-standards.
I have not said that you were responsible for clinic bombings. I said that you benefit from them, and that you create support for the people that do violence. Understanding the nuance of my statement might be difficult since you don't seem to know what a double standard is.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#228225 Apr 4, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, that is a problem, isn't it? LTAs should be legal, I agree.
Only the problem with LTAs is that sometimes the little sucker won't die during delivery. Now you have to kill it after it's born, Nasty positrion to be in but you sure can't take it home. Oh dear.

Location hidden

#228226 Apr 4, 2012
Carbon-12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Should we start a discussion on Steven Chase Brigham?

Location hidden

#228227 Apr 4, 2012
Carbon-12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not said that you were responsible for clinic bombings. I said that you benefit from them, and that you create support for the people that do violence. Understanding the nuance of my statement might be difficult since you don't seem to know what a double standard is.
You are wrong an all three accounts.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#228228 Apr 4, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the problem with LTAs is that sometimes the little sucker won't die during delivery. Now you have to kill it after it's born, Nasty positrion to be in but you sure can't take it home. Oh dear.
Eeee, I know. Lol

“They will lose.”

#228229 Apr 4, 2012
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Should we start a discussion on Steven Chase Brigham?
If it will make you happy. I believe I have made my point clearly.

“They will lose.”

#228230 Apr 4, 2012
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong an all three accounts.
The posts are there for people to read. You are welcome to anyone who sees things your way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min flack 1,683,485
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 48 min Fitius T Bluster 21,382
News Boulder, Colo., police regain lead role in JonB... (Feb '09) Thu Let It Snow 1,671
NAACP For Who? Jan 17 three blocks 1
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) Jan 17 Ken 89
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Jan 16 Into The Night 64,397
News Bridgeport Mayor Joe Ganim speaks outside the C... Jan 14 America Gentleman... 3

Hartford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages