Man Killed In Route 44 Crash -- Coura...

Man Killed In Route 44 Crash -- Courant.com

There are 36 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Oct 26, 2007, titled Man Killed In Route 44 Crash -- Courant.com. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

A Winchester man was killed Friday when his car crossed lanes on Route 44 and hit a tractor-trailer head-on, state police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Daniel Ditz

Kenton, OH

#1 Oct 26, 2007
Tobey Reynolds was a WOMAN! Don't print things if you don't know the facts.
Kirsten Johnson

Hartford, CT

#2 Oct 27, 2007
Not only are Tobey's friends and family suffering right now, but they must also deal with the ignorance of a careless reporter who assumed she was a man. Double check your facts for the sake of Tobey and everyone who cared about her.
Tobeys Friend

Hoboken, NJ

#3 Oct 27, 2007
Tobey is a GIRL. A gorgeous girl who even used to model. Thanks ahole for not even getting my friend's gender correct. Even the Register Citizen got it right!
Maintained by T0pix

United States

#4 Oct 27, 2007
Someone should contact the "Reader's Representative" Karen Hunter at [email protected] and let her know.
Early Childhood Adv

Hartford, CT

#5 Oct 27, 2007
Man or woman any narcotics or alcohol in their system? Tox report please!
A friend

Clermont, FL

#6 Oct 27, 2007
Early Childhood Adv wrote:
Do you really think this is important or do you just want to torture the family some more?
grieving friend

Storrs Mansfield, CT

#7 Oct 27, 2007
How ignorant of you to assume that because of her name she is a male, please do all of her grieving friends and family a favor and CORRECTLY print this article
no name

Hanover, MA

#8 Oct 27, 2007
just so you no... this was a girl.. NOT a boy
Annonymous

Boston, MA

#9 Oct 27, 2007
Tobey was a woman, not a man. Please check your story.
tracy

Haddam, CT

#10 Oct 27, 2007
whoever said "ignorance is bliss" was definitely wrong. Nice to know you genuinely care of the death of an amazing person, when you can't even get their gender correct. Nice job, really. Now I know why a lot of this state is idiotic, because they read your paper.
Its a Life Not Numbers

AOL

#11 Oct 27, 2007
Oh Lord of Heaven at this point, who cares what the toxi report shows. A beautiful human life was lost. If you're so interested in the toxi reports, call the medical examiners office.
Beyone Grief

AOL

#12 Oct 27, 2007
Kirsten Johnson wrote:
Not only are Tobey's friends and family suffering right now, but they must also deal with the ignorance of a careless reporter who assumed she was a man. Double check your facts for the sake of Tobey and everyone who cared about her.
My sincerest and most heartfelt sympathy goes out to the family. Losing a son on Route 44 has changed my life forever.
friend

Bristol, RI

#13 Oct 27, 2007
Tobey was a girl...
Harvey

Bristol, CT

#14 Oct 27, 2007
It's probably the same reporter that wrote in yesterday's article that state police closed all roads into New Hartford!
Joe Milanese

North Branford, CT

#15 Oct 27, 2007
The 22 year-old victim was a lovely 22 year-old woman, NOT a man. Please check your facts!
Joe Milanese

North Branford, CT

#16 Oct 27, 2007
Here's your "tox report"! A toxic pinhead wrote in to see if he could make things worse by asking for, at this point, useless info about the victims bloodwork!
To the Reynolds family; May G-d grant you peace at this nightmarish time.
To Tobey; I am saddened that a beautiful rose was taken just at the beginning of her spectacular bloom. I pray the blessing of eternal bliss for you.
Molly

Groton, CT

#17 Oct 27, 2007
How hard is it to actually do a little research before you write an article about a death that has clearly devasted many.
Now I know why I don't read the Courant, no respect.
Very old family friend

Avon, CT

#18 Oct 27, 2007
To all upset about the mistaken gender issue:
This is a forum, not email that some reporter at the Courant reads. Unless someone wants to write/call the Courant directly, they'll never be aware of their error (which, by the way, was simply that... an error. The reporter didn't know this poor victim, her family, her background). It was an honest mistake, and not the first time Tobey's name was gender-mistaken.
My heart goes out to the Reynolds family in this time of sadness.
Squirrel Bait

United States

#19 Oct 27, 2007
You're a freak. Go back to your insane asylum, and leave the decent people alone.
New Hartford resident

Winsted, CT

#20 Oct 27, 2007
Uhhh, that was a female killed on 44 yesterday. You got it wrong in the print version as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,263,204
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min Mothra 54,349
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) 4 hr psuzanne790 47
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 11 hr TRD 70,142
MK hot handbag cheap MK wallets Watch on iluxsh... Thu Dicy 1
News FBI at Carabetta Office Building on Center and ... (Jun '11) Wed zippy 16
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Wed STO 310,327
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages