Scientists say they have proved clima...

Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

There are 8137 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Dec 9, 2008, titled Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus.... In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Small Town America UGX

Northfield, NJ

#8032 Mar 4, 2013
Bob Burns wrote:
<quoted text>Follow you over the cliff? I don't think so. But go ahead. Ha ha
So Bob , you are still around, playing the Chinese mouthpiece. Your getting much too old to play games, huh. San Fran hippie and dope smuggler in the sixties, then a marxist in Europe and Russia, then to China where you found a comfortable living working for the China commies as propagandist. How old are you now? Gotta be in your seventies?

Of course we know your family disowned you many years ago, correct. No wonder.
SpaceBlues

United States

#8033 Mar 4, 2013
Neo Szlachta wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.... They started using the term "climate change"
Right after around 2005 - 2010 there were about 5 years of slight global cooling despite increasing CO2 concentrations.
..
.... Climate isn't static.
Many Global warming nuts act as if the Earth is some biosphere & anything that changes in it must be from Manly intervention.
Climate always changes.
Look at how the Vikings went to Greenland when it was Green during the Medieval warm period & then soon froze to death by Little ice age.
You are no climate scientist. Here's some science for you to review:

....... The rapidly disappearing Arctic icecap is a tipping point in motion. In all likelihood, statistically speaking, its gone, history. Within a few years when the ice disappears entirely, for the first time in 3 (or as many as 13) million years, hold on because our weather patterns will be drastically destabilized. Most folks in my field are still reluctant to acknowledge this 800 pound gorilla staring us right in the face.....

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/103364
Small Town America UGX

Northfield, NJ

#8034 Mar 4, 2013
Alexey25 wrote:
Why is it bad that it gets warmer?
DUH !! A man who thinks shallow and has dumb questions, is a dumb thinker. haha.
litesong

Everett, WA

#8035 Mar 4, 2013
Alexey25 wrote:
Why is it bad that it gets warmer?
/////
tha Professor wrote:
I can see why someone from Russia would ask....LOL
//////////
Alexey25 wrote:
Barren wastes of Canada and Siberia will become good places to live.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Yeah. Travel in Russia will be great..........
http://www.ssqq.com/archive/vinlin27c.htm
Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel

Oswego, IL

#8040 Mar 5, 2013
We need to save the polar bears people!
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#8041 Mar 5, 2013
Why they eat too many fish.

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

Suffolk, VA

#8042 Mar 5, 2013
"Ahhhhhh! The Earth is warming, the Earth is warming!" proclaimed Chicken Little as he sought grant money to fund his foolish endeavors.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#8043 Mar 5, 2013
Neo Szlachta wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.... They started using the term "climate change"
Right after around 2005 - 2010 there were about 5 years of slight global cooling despite increasing CO2 concentrations.
..
.... Climate isn't static.
Many Global warming nuts act as if the Earth is some biosphere & anything that changes in it must be from Manly intervention.
Climate always changes.
Look at how the Vikings went to Greenland when it was Green during the Medieval warm period & then soon froze to death by Little ice age.
Um, the Earth IS a biosphere, genius. And everything taking place on it, from animal's farts to volcanic eruptions to coal-burning power plants affects climate.

I fail to understand how so many Deniers can admit that some things affect climate, but keep insisting that humans' actions CAN'T.

Why not?

Well, it's pretty obvious to me that it's because of your politics. Deniers are almost always right-wingers, anti-progressives, pro-energy company, anti-greens. Almost none of them are real scientists, especially climate scientists.

That pretty much explains it, I think. Politics doesn't help people think better ,that's just common knowledge.:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#8044 Mar 5, 2013
Socialism is for Sissies wrote:
"Ahhhhhh! The Earth is warming, the Earth is warming!" proclaimed Chicken Little as he sought grant money to fund his foolish endeavors.
'Ah, the Earth's not warming,' proclaimed Chicken Shit Denier as he sought grant money for his think tank from Big Energy.'

;)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#8045 Mar 5, 2013
Martix wrote:
The process of a general temperature decrease has already begun, according to the research. After having peaked in 2005, the average temperature on Earth is now returning to the level of the 1996-1997 years, 0.3C lower.
According to the scientists, global temperatures will fall another 0.15C by 2015, which corresponds to the climate of the early 1980s.....EDITED....
Not according to the vast majority of climate scientists. But I suppose having failed to convince most people that scientists believed in "global cooling" in the '70s, you're going to try to revive this fantasy for the coming decade...:)

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

Suffolk, VA

#8047 Mar 5, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, the Earth IS a biosphere, genius. And everything taking place on it, from animal's farts to volcanic eruptions to coal-burning power plants affects climate.
Oh, so NOOOOOOWWW you admit volcanoes affect climates? Like how they tend to COOL the earth for a year or two after they erupt?
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I fail to understand how so many Deniers can admit that some things affect climate, but keep insisting that humans' actions CAN'T.
Why not?
The same way that ants in sugar bowl don't affect the whole counter top they are on.
Like the famous myth of how the Great Wall of China can be seen from space and yet the interstate system of the United States cannot.
Though you might think yourself grand and significant, mankind just ain't big enough to chnge the entire globes climate. The idea is assinine. You can't even see cities from space except the lights at night and even then it's only with a prolong exposure for a camera to pick it up.
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's pretty obvious to me that it's because of your politics. Deniers are almost always right-wingers, anti-progressives, pro-energy company, anti-greens. Almost none of them are real scientists, especially climate scientists.
That pretty much explains it, I think. Politics doesn't help people think better ,that's just common knowledge.:)
Use you head, man. Politics drive the issue for the green weenies as well.
Use the simple science you hopefully were taught in elementary school and see what hogwash is being put out there.
Follow the money and you'll see that lepracaun, Al Gore, at the end of the "green house" gas rainbow.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#8048 Mar 5, 2013
Socialism made us Sissies wrote:
Oh, so NOOOOOOWWW you admit volcanoes affect climates? Like how they tend to COOL the earth for a year or two after they erupt?

>>Duh, do you think climate scientists don't understand what volcanoes are or what they do? Better than you do, obviously.

<quoted text>The same way that ants in sugar bowl don't affect the whole counter top they are on.
Like the famous myth of how the Great Wall of China can be seen from space and yet the interstate system of the United States cannot.
Though you might think yourself grand and significant, mankind just ain't big enough to chnge the entire globes climate. The idea is assinine. You can't even see cities from space except the lights at night and even then it's only with a prolong exposure for a camera to pick it up.

>>I don't "think myself" into it at all, idiot. I go by scientific fact, which indicates the Earth is warming. You can pretend it's not happening, or we're not doing it, because of what you "think" it looks like, but that means something between diddley and squat in the real world.

<quoted text>Use you head, man. Politics drive the issue for the green weenies as well.
Use the simple science you hopefully were taught in elementary school and see what hogwash is being put out there.
Follow the money and you'll see that lepracaun, Al Gore, at the end of the "green house" gas rainbow.

>>Another idiot who thinks it's "all about Al Gore" and tries to excuse his own political partisanship by projecting it onto his opponents. Boring.
Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel

Oswego, IL

#8049 Mar 5, 2013
The world will be warming even more soon from the wonderful death of hugo chavez. May hell's fires burn bright! Addios you socialist scumbag! The poor polar bears need our prayers!

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#8050 Mar 5, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither Obama nor Limbaugh have anything to do with the scientific FACT of global warming.
People who politicize it, as you are, are a big part of the problem with understanding of what warming is and how it wil affect us.
And not those who still are stuck on the idea of man made global warming?

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#8052 Mar 6, 2013
Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel wrote:
The world will be warming even more soon from the wonderful death of hugo chavez. May hell's fires burn bright! Addios you socialist scumbag! The poor polar bears need our prayers!
Offtopic, vulgar, superstitious, and silly. But what else would one expect from a raving nut with a nickname like yours?

Here's to you meeting up with a polar bear one day...;)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#8053 Mar 6, 2013
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
And not those who still are stuck on the idea of man made global warming?
Duh, obviously not since AGW is factual. Your silly denials are absurd.

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

Suffolk, VA

#8054 Mar 6, 2013
Snow postpones Congressional global warming hearing The 'Gore Effect' strikes again

'Snowquester': Massive DC snowstorm shuts down federal government and city
http://www.climatedepot.com/a/19965/Snow-post...
Hahahahaha.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#8055 Mar 6, 2013
Socialism is for Sissies wrote:
Snow postpones Congressional global warming hearing The 'Gore Effect' strikes again
'Snowquester': Massive DC snowstorm shuts down federal government and city
http://www.climatedepot.com/a/19965/Snow-post...
Hahahahaha.
'Har, har, there wuz SNOW in winter-time, that done PROVES itz all a fake and AL GORE'S behind it all! Good ol' Resh Liyum-baw was RAHHHTT!'

LOL (shaking head)

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

Suffolk, VA

#8056 Mar 6, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
'Har, har, there wuz SNOW in winter-time, that done PROVES itz all a fake and AL GORE'S behind it all! Good ol' Resh Liyum-baw was RAHHHTT!'
LOL (shaking head)
Not normal this time of year here in Virginia, mental giant.
messiah must have ordered the snowquestration.
Har-har.
litesong

Everett, WA

#8057 Mar 6, 2013
social compassion is for sissies wrote:
you admit volcanoes affect climates?
AGW scientists account for volcanic processes. Toxic topix AGW deniers deny they do, reflecting their lack of science & mathematics degrees & little science & mathematics in their poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas..... if they even have hi skule DEE-plooomaas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min JRB 1,534,347
News Bridgeport man pleads guilty to offering teen f... 4 hr Gavone 7
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr cpeter1313 314,298
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) May 20 jowls humaway 71,287
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) May 20 Ebby Steppach 21,035
News Why Suzanne Somers loves bioidentical hormones (Jun '09) May 19 Spotted Girl 95
News Bankruptcy Should Be A Last Resort For Struggli... May 18 America Gentleman... 1

Hartford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages