Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

Full story: Hartford Courant

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.
Comments
7,521 - 7,540 of 7,946 Comments Last updated Aug 14, 2013

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7842
Feb 10, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>In addition, you think topix does not know what you publish. Attacks on me will not delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again.
Tsk, tsk, PHD, PHD... Yada, yada, over and over... So little to say and so many words to say it in...A redundant echoic chorus of cyclic repetition with frequent periodicity.
Do you think Topix is overly concerned about insults among posters? If they had a strict policy, how long do you think you would have lasted before now?

Since: Mar 09

San Marcos, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7843
Feb 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsk, tsk, PHD, PHD... Yada, yada, over and over... So little to say and so many words to say it in...A redundant echoic chorus of cyclic repetition with frequent periodicity.
Do you think Topix is overly concerned about insults among posters? If they had a strict policy, how long do you think you would have lasted before now?
PHD, Doctor of inane.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7844
Feb 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

ChromiuMan wrote:
...A redundant echoic chorus of cyclic repetition with frequent periodicity.
That line has to be the classic line I've ever heard. Excellent! Altho you did have great inspiration by none other than 'phud fetid feces face fiend', himself.

Can I use that on other toxic topix AGW deniers?
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7846
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wallop10 wrote:
I have a theory even conservatives are ashamed of PennyHD's posts, and vote her down.
Keep up the lunacy, girl -- as I know you will!
LOL.
I have a fact even the world would agree your nothing but scientific sceince fiction BS. Yes folks keep up the walloping of wallop10 AKA walloped again and again. Now vote another walloping for the wallop10 AKA walloped again and again. As we all know everyone will!!!
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7847
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsk, tsk, PHD, PHD... Yada, yada, over and over... So little to say and so many words to say it in...A redundant echoic chorus of cyclic repetition with frequent periodicity.
Do you think Topix is overly concerned about insults among posters? If they had a strict policy, how long do you think you would have lasted before now?
Back at you, if they cared you would have been long gone. The repetition is used with hope that some day you may get it. You should be proud that you live in this Great Free Country where you’re allowed to swallow the entire BS out there. There no insults just fact.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7848
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
That line has to be the classic line I've ever heard. Excellent! Altho you did have great inspiration by none other than 'phud fetid feces face fiend', himself.
Can I use that on other toxic topix AGW deniers?
In addition, you think topix does not know what you publish. Attacks on me will not delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7849
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
PHD, Doctor of inane.
Words of wisdom from the bozo wanna be a clown. Yes folks this is the it that polks fun at peoples mothers when it makes an ASSumption out of it self.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7850
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Back at you, if they cared you would have been long gone. The repetition is used with hope that some day you may get it. You should be proud that you live in this Great Free Country where you’re allowed to swallow the entire BS out there. There no insults just fact.
In a few cases of dogmatic ignorance, contempt might be fitting - but it seems you have not much to add to the conversation beyond it. Pity, since you seem to believe you could illuminate the room if you chose to.
BTW... I presume that "scientific science fiction" is meant to refer to a fiction that incorporates accurate scientific principles. The proper term for that genre is "hard science fiction."
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7851
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
In a few cases of dogmatic ignorance, contempt might be fitting - but it seems you have not much to add to the conversation beyond it. Pity, since you seem to believe you could illuminate the room if you chose to.
BTW... I presume that "scientific science fiction" is meant to refer to a fiction that incorporates accurate scientific principles. The proper term for that genre is "hard science fiction."
And all is waiting for you to have something of substance to offer. Prediction, opinion, could be, should be and close to is your dogmatic ignorant contempt of response to real Science. Yes you presume that scientific science fiction is meant to refer to real Science. The proper term for Science is fact.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7852
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Here are the facts:

http://www.skepticalscience.com/16_years_faq....
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7853
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

The effect of different and additional natural factors has also been examined. Instead of satellite measurements of solar irradience we can use a proxy, in this case sunspot number. Instead of MEI for El Niño we can use Nino34. In addition the effect of long term oscillations such as the Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation and Pacific Decadal Oscillation can be tested. "However care is required - adding additional terms, even noise", tends to improve the fit to the data. The AIC penalizes the addition of extra parameters to ensure that any new terms make a genuine improvement to the model fit.
There you have it scientific science fiction.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7854
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>And all is waiting for you to have something of substance to offer. Prediction, opinion, could be, should be and close to is your dogmatic ignorant contempt of response to real Science. Yes you presume that scientific science fiction is meant to refer to real Science. The proper term for Science is fact.
That might be true - had my responses to tina anne or Brain_D been mere supposition or conjecture. I suspect that no one is waiting for much of anything from me, since it isn't my habit to mimic a rabid automaton with vague recriminations. Given that your own content is simplistic sniping, with little or no prediction, opinion or science, perhaps they might be waiting for something of substance from YOU? Time to "publish," PHD?

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7855
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That might be true - had my responses to tina anne or Brain_D been mere supposition or conjecture. I suspect that no one is waiting for much of anything from me, since it isn't my habit to mimic a rabid automaton with vague recriminations. Given that your own content is simplistic sniping, with little or no prediction, opinion or science, perhaps they might be waiting for something of substance from YOU? Time to "publish," PHD?
Her name is Penny. I suspect PHD are her initials, else stands for something stupid, like Penny Hate Democrats.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7856
Feb 12, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
Her name is Penny. I suspect PHD are her initials, else stands for something stupid, like Penny Hate Democrats.
More BS from the walloped commander TROLL!!
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7857
Feb 12, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That might be true - had my responses to tina anne or Brain_D been mere supposition or conjecture. I suspect that no one is waiting for much of anything from me, since it isn't my habit to mimic a rabid automaton with vague recriminations. Given that your own content is simplistic sniping, with little or no prediction, opinion or science, perhaps they might be waiting for something of substance from YOU? Time to "publish," PHD?
Oh it is true all you have is opinion and fiction Try again.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7858
Feb 12, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Oh it is true all you have is opinion and fiction Try again.
More BS from the PHD commander TROLL!!
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7859
Feb 12, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
More BS from the PHD commander TROLL!!
So again you have nothing of substance to offer. Your chromium went dull as expected.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7860
Feb 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
For purposes of this forum it is a hypothetical exercise, as you well know. What your "some experts" (which might be an interesting and revealing investigation in itself, I'm sure) propose will happen in 10 years or a hundred has no effect on the static numbers.
Whether it is a pie pan, a test tube or a Slurpee cup - the point is that you intimated that the depth of a partially filled container has a bearing on the height of liquid that is added. That is erroneous. If you are talking about oceanic volume and thermal expansion, then fine - we might also calculate what additional rise could occur from oceanic warming, how those temperature changes will affect currents, how those currents affect weather, how weather affects climatology - and so on... Regardless, those factors were not your assertion. You were simply and clearly overwhelmed with the depth of the basins and overlaid that as an agent when in the limited scope of THIS specific strain of the topic it is actually a non sequitur. Bear in mind as well that the ice melt is FRESH water and because of density and temperature difference it will tend to mix above the thermocline.
The shape of that container also affects the level. The more the sides tilt out the more water it will take to raise it to the next level. Also you talk about calculating the amount of rise for thermal expansion while ignoring the amount of heat it would take to create your thermal expansion. Which is to say a generous amount of heat. That is why you hear so little about thermal expansion now. To generate any increase you would also have to heat the deeper parts of the ocean. Otherwise they would keep the water above from warming all that much.

As for those experts, those who have actually run the numbers and then tested them in the real world. They have the rise about 30 mm whic converts to 3 centimeters or 1.18 inches. Of course those who want to gain the public's attention make predictions that claim far more. Funny thing is those prediction in ten years are forgotton by most and laught at by the few who remember.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7862
Feb 12, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
They have risen. Missed the posts by a Steve guy how he questions why the data is SHOWING them rising.
You are such a bad liar.
Am I, funny thing is you compare past claims with what actually happened it seems like I am right again. The oceans are rising about 3.2 mm a year. Of course for a few years there was nothing.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7863
Feb 12, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Walloped, walloped, walloped all day long the wallop10 gets walloped again and again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Hartford Forum right now

Search the Hartford Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min sonicfilter 1,084,191
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 37 min scirocco 68,453
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Chet Booswahnicki 18,608
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr SpaceBlues 45,905
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Nana4pali 68,064
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 hr Brian_G 305,182
The Trial of Heather Specyalski (Mar '13) Tue Cassie 22
•••
•••
•••
Hartford Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hartford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hartford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hartford
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••