Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

Full story: Hartford Courant

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.
Comments
7,301 - 7,320 of 7,946 Comments Last updated Aug 14, 2013
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7611
Jan 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Nobody really really knows.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7612
Jan 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

tina anne wrote:
Actually, that is what ChromiuMan was trying to say in a poetic manner.
It could of been part of a larger poem like,
His eyes were deaf and his ears were blind,
his fingers wept and his tongue was a sign.
It was a nice turn of a phrase on his part.
Thank you. I may have my moments, but I side with the consensus that they are both rare and entirely accidental.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7613
Jan 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Would that be your favorite place to visit? I would think it would be the only place you would do any good,maybe.
Nope, that is the way I feel trying to field the incomprehensible and juvenile posts by the fearsome threesome.
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7614
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, that is the way I feel trying to field the incomprehensible and juvenile posts by the fearsome threesome.
AHH you mean to say foursome. You forgot your----self. Welcome to the incomprehensible juvenile posters. Now there a fearsome foursome.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7615
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>It must be very frustrating to not understand the role of experiments in science. I feel for you; don't strain your brain.
Whatever. Your mindset is one that would have kept lightening rods off of church steeples and adamantly opposed crop rotation. It isn't about brain strain, it's about wasting time elaborating on fundamentals you've certainly already ignored from a hundred other posters. As YaA says, "Whatever you want to believe!"
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7616
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever. Your mindset is one that would have kept lightening rods off of church steeples and adamantly opposed crop rotation. It isn't about brain strain, it's about wasting time elaborating on fundamentals you've certainly already ignored from a hundred other posters. As YaA says, "Whatever you want to believe!"
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever. Your mindset is one that would have kept lightening rods off of church steeples and adamantly opposed crop rotation. It isn't about brain strain, it's about wasting time elaborating on fundamentals you've certainly already ignored from a hundred other posters. As YaA says, "Whatever you want to believe!"
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
In many cases the "deaf eyes" belong to one ChromiumMan.
You assume that you must be right with little or no proof of that fact. Funny thing is historically, others have believed like you in the past and history has proved each one of them wrong. So why should anyone believe that you have it right when those in the past who espoused the exact same thing have been proven wrong.
Since you have no idea what points of Brian_G's post I might take exception to or why, would you please take your prissy little presumptions and bugger off? Thank you, very much. Have a nice day, now! ;-)

Would this be a double standard?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7617
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

LOL, it can't do cut/paste!

A very jealous troll it is. Just look at #7,308.

Also, irrational it is. Look at just #7,308.

LOL.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7618
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>AHH you mean to say foursome. You forgot your----self. Welcome to the incomprehensible juvenile posters. Now there a fearsome foursome.
Whack...whack...whack...Hold still...darned mole...

http://www.addictinggames.com/action-games/wh...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7619
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Whack...whack...whack...Hold still...darned mole...
http://www.addictinggames.com/action-games/wh...
You already did a great job. Look at #7,308.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7620
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Actually,#7,616 as the original numbering goes:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7621
Jan 12, 2013
 
SpaceBlues wrote:
LOL, it can't do cut/paste!
A very jealous troll it is. Just look at #7,308.
Also, irrational it is. Look at just #7,308.
LOL.
True but the old numbering is #7,616.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7622
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Whack...whack...whack...Hold still...darned mole...
http://www.addictinggames.com/action-games/wh...
One more time, you did an excellent job. Look at #7,616.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7623
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

PHD wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
In many cases the "deaf eyes" belong to one ChromiumMan.
You assume that you must be right with little or no proof of that fact. Funny thing is historically, others have believed like you in the past and history has proved each one of them wrong. So why should anyone believe that you have it right when those in the past who espoused the exact same thing have been proven wrong.
Since you have no idea what points of Brian_G's post I might take exception to or why, would you please take your prissy little presumptions and bugger off? Thank you, very much. Have a nice day, now! ;-)
Would this be a double standard?
...and the winner of the Pompous Award goes to...PHD!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7624
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

PHD wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
In many cases the "deaf eyes" belong to one ChromiumMan.
You assume that you must be right with little or no proof of that fact. Funny thing is historically, others have believed like you in the past and history has proved each one of them wrong. So why should anyone believe that you have it right when those in the past who espoused the exact same thing have been proven wrong.
Since you have no idea what points of Brian_G's post I might take exception to or why, would you please take your prissy little presumptions and bugger off? Thank you, very much. Have a nice day, now! ;-)
Would this be a double standard?
A double standard's second cousin once removed.
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7625
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

SpacedoutBlues
Patriot AKA I'm a Bozo
ChromiuselessMan

Now there are the commanders of cut and paste useless babble. They go whack whack whack all day everyday because the really really don't know. Now thatís precious. Hay you three could be called the three whackers gee thatís precious.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7626
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

ChromiuMan wrote:
Whatever. Your mindset is one that would have kept lightening rods off of church steeples
In 1750, Benjamin Franklin proposed an experimental test of lightning strike mitigation using a kite. Thomas-FranÁois Dalibard tested that theory sucessfully. This is how experiments work in science and technology.

.
ChromiuMan wrote:
and adamantly opposed crop rotation.
Crop rotation to mitigate soil nitrogen exhaustion has been taught and practiced since Roman times. There have been ample experimental tests on the utility of crop rotation.

.
ChromiuMan wrote:
It isn't about brain strain, it's about wasting time elaborating on fundamentals you've certainly already ignored from a hundred other posters. As YaA says, "Whatever you want to believe!"
Svante August Arrhenius proposed a theory of climate change from the greenhouse gas effect in 1896. To this day, that theory hasn't been experimentally tested in the atmosphere.

See the difference between the mature technologies of architecture, agriculture and the hoax of mitigating climate change?
titonton divaunte pants

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7627
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Oh shyte. I ruined the planet with my toyota tercel. Better take all my wealth and enslave me.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7628
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

titonton divaunte pants wrote:
with my toyota tercel.
I had a Tercel. I got 40mpg on the highway with good featherfooting. More than that, my Tercel was tough. Had a full head-on collision(were still touching after the accident) with a car 40% heavier than the Tercel. The Toyota saved our lives, even without airbags. The engine compartment was collapsed on the drivers side & the passenger compartment instrument panel was severely widely cracked & starting to intrude into the passenger compartment. But it held up, doing its job.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7629
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

phud fetid feces face wrote:
commanders of cut and paste useless babble.......whack whack whack.... really really..... Hay.....the three whackers .......gee
"phud fetid feces face" fails at everything, except repeated,'cut and paste useless babble.......whack whack whack.... really really..... Hay.....the three whackers .......gee'.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7630
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

titonton divaunte pants wrote:
Oh shyte. I ruined the planet with my toyota tercel. Better take all my wealth and enslave me.
Is this Toyota Tercel reunion day? I had a 1980 and ran it for about 24 years. Efficient, basic and tough.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Hartford Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hartford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hartford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hartford
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••