DCF Supervisor Charged With ATM Theft

Full story: Hartford Courant

30, he told police that he withdrew $100, then noticed that the card that came out of the machine was not his.

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 95 of95
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yawnee

Rocky Hill, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Judged:

Troubled Waters wrote:
<quoted text>
So as long as they have success stories the "negative incidents" are defensible? Even acceptable? I'm sure, until you or any of the other rabid DCF defenders becomes one of their victims, or we hear about the next murdered baby, then you'd be screaming bloody murder, right bozone?
Again, these things you conjure up exist only in the world that spins inside your head. Nowhere did I state or imply that the negative occurrences are defensible or acceptable. The point is that earth is inhabited by humans. Humans make poor decisions sometimes. The point is (again vigorously rebuffed by your thick bozone) that the number of success stories far, far outnumber the terrible things that happen to some of these kids. That doesn't make the negative things acceptable but, a reasonable person would consider that this is the exception rather than the norm if presented with both sides of the story.

However, it appears that you're sticking to your guns that you are equipped to have an informed point of view on CT DCF, and/or child welfare agencies, based on what you have read in the courant or have seen on the news.

There are many subject areas in which I would not consider myself informed. There are times when I behave irrationally and unfairly and base my entire opinion on what was presented to me in the news.

Can you at least concede that there may be more to the story and that you may not have all of the information necessary to have a credible opinion on the subject?

By the way:

"bozone layer - The so-called "Bozone layer" is a thick, impenetrable shroud of bozone that surrounds all intelectually challenged people. When a bozone layer appears, it is hard to get rid of, and on the contrary it grows, blocking out all intelligent thoughts from reaching the victim. Though many tests have been performed, we have yet to discover a substance which creates bozone holes."
Troubled Waters

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Yawnee wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, these things you conjure up exist only in the world that spins inside your head. Nowhere did I state or imply that the negative occurrences are defensible or acceptable. The point is that earth is inhabited by humans. Humans make poor decisions sometimes. The point is (again vigorously rebuffed by your thick bozone) that the number of success stories far, far outnumber the terrible things that happen to some of these kids. That doesn't make the negative things acceptable but, a reasonable person would consider that this is the exception rather than the norm if presented with both sides of the story.
However, it appears that you're sticking to your guns that you are equipped to have an informed point of view on CT DCF, and/or child welfare agencies, based on what you have read in the courant or have seen on the news.
There are many subject areas in which I would not consider myself informed. There are times when I behave irrationally and unfairly and base my entire opinion on what was presented to me in the news.
Can you at least concede that there may be more to the story and that you may not have all of the information necessary to have a credible opinion on the subject?
By the way:
"bozone layer - The so-called "Bozone layer" is a thick, impenetrable shroud of bozone that surrounds all intelectually challenged people. When a bozone layer appears, it is hard to get rid of, and on the contrary it grows, blocking out all intelligent thoughts from reaching the victim. Though many tests have been performed, we have yet to discover a substance which creates bozone holes."
My, but you do go on and on and on...I didn't even read this most recent crapload... Yawnee/bebe/whatever.
Yawnee

Meriden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Judged:

Troubled Waters wrote:
<quoted text>
My, but you do go on and on and on...I didn't even read this most recent crapload... Yawnee/bebe/whatever.
Good point. You have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that your debate technique is to ignore any opinion that differs from the one formulated in the comfy confines of your own reality. This technique ensures that you win every debate, if only with yourself. Bravo! Well done.
Yawnee

Meriden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Judged:

bebe wrote:
<quoted text>
I rest my case
Yep, you warned me, but I went on anyway. Sometimes I'm stubborn and insist that folks cannot be as ignorant as they appear in their posts. Once again, I have been proven absolutely incorrect in this unfounded belief. Thanks for the warning, anyway.
Troubled Waters

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Yawnee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, you warned me, but I went on anyway. Sometimes I'm stubborn and insist that folks cannot be as ignorant as they appear in their posts. Once again, I have been proven absolutely incorrect in this unfounded belief. Thanks for the warning, anyway.
Talking to yourself again?
Troubled Waters

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Yawnee wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. You have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that your debate technique is to ignore any opinion that differs from the one formulated in the comfy confines of your own reality. This technique ensures that you win every debate, if only with yourself. Bravo! Well done.
Suddenly what you've been saying is an opinion, and yet you've put it out as fact. And I guess YOUR debating technique when an opinion differs from yours is to say we're just making sht up in our crazy heads.

I love sanctimonious pompous asses such as yourself that has to pose as two different people who agree with each other. Pathetic, but funny. Just remember to keep changing the name when you post so you don't out yourself like you did on here.
Yawnee

Rocky Hill, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Judged:

Troubled Waters wrote:
<quoted text>
Suddenly what you've been saying is an opinion, and yet you've put it out as fact. And I guess YOUR debating technique when an opinion differs from yours is to say we're just making sht up in our crazy heads.
I love sanctimonious pompous asses such as yourself that has to pose as two different people who agree with each other. Pathetic, but funny. Just remember to keep changing the name when you post so you don't out yourself like you did on here.
Again, ad nauseum, there is the world that goes on inside your head and there is the world that goes on outside your head and its associated bozone layer. You have now kicked it up a notch in your "inside world" where you have decided that I am posting under two different names. Not surprisingly, your contention has no basis in fact,which is your norm. Also, not suprisingly, your pattern appears to be that once you have come to a conclusion, in the world inside your head, there is nothing that will sway you.

As I stated earlier, it is pointless for me to attempt to have a rational discussion with you, and other posters like you, but I do enjoy watching you make a complete fool of yourself by repeatedly displaying your inability to communicate a rational thought. But, now I'm starting to feel a little sorry for you as you truly are defenseless.
Concerned Parent

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2009

john wrote:
<quoted text>
you honestly need to get ahold of your life if you think this commissionor is a drunk. You think she is a drunk because she got stopped after having a glass of wine...you gotta be kidding me!!!...she is doing a better job than any other previous commish and has an perfect record...she was thrown into a shitshow at that agency and has allready turned it around...so basically what im sayin is F..ck off
You sound as nasty as the DCF workers.
FYI she had at least 2 white russians to drink as reported by the bartender who served her and she was 3 times the limit for the level at which she was driving. SHe should be fired for putting at risk the children in this STATE by being on the road drunker than a skunk. How many times has she been drinking with her own children on the road?
At least someone did report it to the hotline about her putting the children in CT. at risk.
Demonic
Corrupticourt
Fowl mouth Bit**es
Happy Mother's Day,
and DCF are really bad mothers.
dan-dcf-personel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2009

Judged:

john wrote:
<quoted text>
you honestly need to get ahold of your life if you think this commissionor is a drunk. You think she is a drunk because she got stopped after having a glass of wine...you gotta be kidding me!!!...she is doing a better job than any other previous commish and has an perfect record...she was thrown into a shitshow at that agency and has allready turned it around...so basically what im sayin is F..ck off
u have a open case w/dcf get some anger mang/ get a life/ must be hot digging ditches
Stfux

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

B Ramos wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you are wrong. I got my degree in social work from UCONN, the West Hartford campus, and went to work for DCF. I immediately saw how they operate and employ many dishonest methods to get their way and found another job where social workers actually try to help people, not hurt them.
Have a dispute with a neighbor and all they have to do is call the anonymous tip line and make up a few lies about you and DCF will be crawling all over you making you prove that you're not what some disgruntled person has claimed you are, and then perhaps you would see just a little of what I have seen.
I am all for protecting children, but I'm not for tearing people apart using lies and deception, or keeping them down by withholding services and information. If that's a problem for you then too bad. I've worked there and I know what I'm talking about and all your ridiculous assumptions won't change that fact. What do YOU do to help people?
you still work for dcf funny
me dear

Windsor Locks, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2012

Chocolate chip wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes children get abused and beaten to death in the system because Mr. Gold took $100 from an ATM. Children also get removed from homes because the parent's did nothing wrong... Get angry at the fact he stole money, not that DCF took your kids and you're still mad.
you are so clueless chocolate chip. Hey can I borrow your atm card. Hmmm is that the person you want to decide the fate of your children? Goooood question!
Mackenzie WOOD

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Berta ramos is the worlds shittiest worker she took me from my home and stranded me in a shelter with NO services and no contact with her
Mackenzie WOOD

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

B Ramos wrote:
Jeff Gold deserves to be punished with the same miserable harshness that he has shown to DCF clients. He doesn't deserve any breaks when he never gives any himself. He treats people like garbage and then he shows what a loser he is himself.
Hi Berta! My name is Mackenzie Wood, I'm twins with Lucha. You worked with us in 2010. Everything you say on here contradicts what you said before and you are a BAD social worker. The worse. Kristi deras is much better. You stranded me in a safe home for 4 months with no services and i think i only spoke to you twice and saw you once. You embody dcf and all their pure shit qualities. Stop bragging. And you would lie infront of your superiors.
Kimber Rust

Crownsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

the best fr ee online dating website! video chat, send and receive messages, and flirts all free!! check it out! http://tinyurl.com/kppcsxq
Blah

Southington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

I like how some people on here have an opinion about DCF whether good or bad yet they probably have no real clue about how DCF operates, what it is truly like to be under DCF's care and custody. I was in the foster care system for 15 years. Jeff Gold WAS my DCF worker at one point (Iíve had MANY). It didnít seem as though he had any compassion or a care in the world for my wellbeing and my sisterís wellbeing. He took us out of a bad situation and put us in a worse situation. But in my experience thatís the way it went OVER and OVER again through the years and it would have happened even if we had a different social worker. Maybe some kids have had good experiences, maybe DCF has helped others, and I really hope it has. I canít imagine people like Jeff Gold go into that tough profession NOT wanting to make a difference. And I know that these DCF workers are overloaded with caseloads that make it impossible for them to give each child the time and attention that their situation deserves. The system is a wreck. I harbor no hard feelings against any of the social workers that I had including Jeff. I came to accept that this is life. Life is hard. There are evil people in this world AND there are good. The evil people in this world need to stop having children they could care less about. THATíS the real problem. Is that going to happen? No. The only thing that I can do is to become a foster parent myself and TRY to make a difference in these kidsí lives. I owe them that much. So instead of complaining about the system, what a mess it is why donít YOU step in?? For those who have alreadyÖ..thank you!!

But regardless, this ATM business should be treated completely separate from his profession. We are all human and we all make mistakes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 95 of95
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Hartford Forum right now

Search the Hartford Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min USAsince1680 1,071,590
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 38 min Frijoles 68,123
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Washington DC 45,436
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr bee 6335 18,489
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Common Sense 304,889
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 hr TRD 67,522
FBI at Carabetta Office Building on Center and ... (Jun '11) Jul 8 Cahoots 15
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hartford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••