DCF Supervisor Charged With ATM Theft

Full story: Hartford Courant

30, he told police that he withdrew $100, then noticed that the card that came out of the machine was not his.
Comments
1 - 20 of 95 Comments Last updated Nov 11, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Grumpy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

Judged:

The poor State Worker needed a couple of bucks to pay his taxes to Obama and he gets arrested .... Give this hard workin State Worker a break.

What he gonna do when the Town Tax increase hits ?
fantastic

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

no, I got it: let's spend TRILLIONS on a bad war, then blame Obama for a two-cent tax increase to get us out of the mess it created. great one, grump. another alarmist extremist
maint

East Hampton, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

fantastic wrote:
no, I got it: let's spend TRILLIONS on a bad war, then blame Obama for a two-cent tax increase to get us out of the mess it created. great one, grump. another alarmist extremist
and a
reationary simpleton.
Jack

Windsor Locks, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

How does DCF expect anyone to respect their decisions when they continue to allow people with morals like this to continue working there? I feel sorry for the victim of his crime. What a low down thing to do to another person. I hope he see's the wrong he done.
Chris

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

Judged:

I'm sure there's more to the story. Innocent till proven guilty.
ron

South Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

Judged:

i work 34 for dcf/it is a double standard/if mr gold was only a "social worker'/he would have been suspended/on unpaid leave/why is the drunk dcf commissionor
ron

South Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

Judged:

mr gold has "dirt"on dcf managers/he should be suspended/un-paid leave/sue hamilton our drunk dcf comm./sets the standars/come on!!!!!!
ron

South Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

Judged:

why is he still working/after34 w.dcf/i seen persons rights violated/good worker leave/on'e like mr gold remain/ask what his father does for a living!!
Blah

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

Then we wonder why kids in the system are being abused and beaten to death. Because DCF workers are wonderful upstanding citizens like this guy or the woman who got busted for drunk driving.
Media Hype

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

Blah wrote:
Then we wonder why kids in the system are being abused and beaten to death. Because DCF workers are wonderful upstanding citizens like this guy or the woman who got busted for drunk driving.
If Mr. Gold was not a public employee, this story would not have made the paper or TV. He made a stupid mistake. A lot of other people do also (i.e. drunk driving) but unless it is a public employee, no one seems to care.
well

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

Judged:

Ummm, Media Hype, are you that stupid? A mistake is taking the wrong exit off the highway. This was not a mistake, it was a character flaw. I guess you have about the same moral compass as this idiot. That's fine, world is full of people like you. But for the rest of us who earn our way thru life without stealing, driving drunk (another "mistake" per you), we can be critical. Mistake? what a joke. Always people who want to excuse any action.

I mean, this guy didn't remember if he put his card in before the money came out? Is he that stupid? Umm, answer? No, he is that flawed.
B Ramos

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

Judged:

DCF is full of trash. They'll break their own rules, break laws, lie, anything they can get away with to screw people over. Social workers? HA! Worthless losers!
Harry Balz

Willimantic, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

He needed $100 to pay his doctor the $5 for the office visit co-pay.
bebe

Meriden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

Judged:

ron wrote:
i work 34 for dcf/it is a double standard/if mr gold was only a "social worker'/he would have been suspended/on unpaid leave/why is the drunk dcf commissionor
Are you drunk? What exactly did you do for 34? 34 what? Minutes? Seconds? You can't even write a legible sentence. WTF are you trying to say?
B Ramos

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

Judged:

bebe wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you drunk? What exactly did you do for 34? 34 what? Minutes? Seconds? You can't even write a legible sentence. WTF are you trying to say?
Yeah, he must be another highly educated "social worker" ha ha!
Patrick Daly

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

WOW !!!! DCF= Depriving Childrens Future
tom

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

Angry for getting your kids removed!? Stop sitting and being a baby and grow up. Most likely angry you couldn't get a state job because of your criminal record!!!! No matter how you cut it the guy was stubid and wrong, and should be held accountable no matter where he works. But again not newsworthy unless you have DCF or state workers to blame.
B Ramos wrote:
DCF is full of trash. They'll break their own rules, break laws, lie, anything they can get away with to screw people over. Social workers? HA! Worthless losers!
B Ramos

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

tom wrote:
Angry for getting your kids removed!? Stop sitting and being a baby and grow up. Most likely angry you couldn't get a state job because of your criminal record!!!! No matter how you cut it the guy was stubid and wrong, and should be held accountable no matter where he works. But again not newsworthy unless you have DCF or state workers to blame.
<quoted text>
I love how people with nothing to say just make assumptions.

"Stubid"?

WAYTJ
Chocolate chip

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

B Ramos wrote:
Something tells me you no longer have your kids in your care... bad run in with DCF?
Chocolate chip

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

Patrick Daly wrote:
WOW !!!! DCF= Depriving Childrens Future
Thanks for breaking it down for us Patti.. it'd be even funnier if it grammatically made sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Hartford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hartford News, Events & Info