Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 60093 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#36215 Jun 3, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Plants love nitrogen too. I pee on my corn and tomatoes; maybe the asshats would like for me to pee on them.
I could do it.
Shh..you'll get them all excited...:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#36216 Jun 3, 2013
Coal is King wrote:
Solar and wind power does not work, has never worked, and will never work.
LOL....typical Denier. Those sources are working every day, which is more than we can say for you...:)
Bruce Deile

Peoria, AZ

#36217 Jun 3, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....typical Denier. Those sources are working every day, which is more than we can say for you...:)
Typical liar. You don't even know what you freaks call it these days. As a pedophile, why would you care as long as you have the neighbor's boy's pants down?
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

#36218 Jun 3, 2013
Bruce Deile wrote:
<quoted text>Typical liar. You don't even know what you freaks call it these days. As a pedophile, why would you care as long as you have the neighbor's boy's pants down?
Typical denier. No valid arguments. No facts. Lot's of lies. And as we see here, a lot of content free bluster and name calling.

You know what would be impressive, dillweed? If you could formulate a reasonable argument for your position and support it.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#36219 Jun 3, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
exactly, son.

glad you read something that helped you realize the fact.

one more ideologue bites the dust.
Retired Farmer

Paducah, KY

#36220 Jun 3, 2013
Solar Impulse plane! Wow!

If you compare how the Solar Impulse has performed so far to the first transcontinental crossing by a gasoline engine powered airplane in 1911 the Solar Impulse's technology and performance so far is tremendously more successful. Calbraith Perry Rodgers took 49 days, made 70 hops, and had to be accompanied by a mobile repair shop on a train. He barely made it over the low southern end of the Rocky Mountains. Solar Impulse is now southwest of St. Louis, cruising at around 13,000 feet at 25 knots. It has reached 30,298 feet on previous flights. In 1940 there were not many fighter planes that could get that high. Solar powered airliners may never fly commercially, but this bird is proving solar technology works - which is what the designers meant it to do.
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#36221 Jun 3, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>exactly, son.
One more moron repeats the braindead, fallacious denier non-argument #4 without ever acknowledging that it's been shown to be retarded a million times.

Folks, the key take-away here is this:

If they had science on their side - or even half-baked arguments - would they infinitely recycle transparent BS that actually makes their position look more ridiculous?

(That was rhetorical)
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#36222 Jun 3, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
I don't think so, Tim.

I have never denied that CO2 is good for plants.

It's a matter of quantity. If you drink enough water, it can kill you.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#36223 Jun 3, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
Also, I'm not your son. I'm probably old enough to be your father, judging by your seeming lack of experience in the world.

Hey, maybe I AM your father. Was your mother a stripper or a barmaid?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#36224 Jun 3, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, I'm not your son. I'm probably old enough to be your father, judging by your seeming lack of experience in the world.
Hey, maybe I AM your father. Was your mother a stripper or a barmaid?
lol....so those are the few places you've had some. no shock to me, son.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#36225 Jun 3, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text> One more moron repeats the braindead, fallacious denier non-argument #4 without ever acknowledging that it's been shown to be retarded a million times.
Folks, the key take-away here is this:
If they had science on their side - or even half-baked arguments - would they infinitely recycle transparent BS that actually makes their position look more ridiculous?
(That was rhetorical)
why? because KYLE says so?
nice try.
fail
game over.
thanks for trying.
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#36226 Jun 3, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>why? because KYLE says so?
nice try.
fail
game over.
thanks for trying.
Not because I say so, but because there is such a thing as basic logic, you waste of flesh. "CO2 is plant food!" as an argument against the science of global warming is so retarded that - I repeat - no one with any viable science or even half-baked arguments would ever use it.

Yet you use it repeatedly along with the other equally retarded fallacies.

So, denial is a losing proposition, not because of what I say, but BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU SAY - over and over and over.

Don't like this statement of the obvious? Then reform. Deal with any rebuttal honestly. Support any of your claims. Concede any of the points that have been destroyed. Display some testicles.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#36227 Jun 3, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text> Not because I say so, but because there is such a thing as basic logic, you waste of flesh. "CO2 is plant food!" as an argument against the science of global warming is so retarded that - I repeat - no one with any viable science or even half-baked arguments would ever use it.
Yet you use it repeatedly along with the other equally retarded fallacies.
So, denial is a losing proposition, not because of what I say, but BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU SAY - over and over and over.
Don't like this statement of the obvious? Then reform. Deal with any rebuttal honestly. Support any of your claims. Concede any of the points that have been destroyed. Display some testicles.
if anyone is in denial, KYLE, it's you.

co2 IS plant food.....that's a fact.

i don't argue with science....i argue with your crowds perverted interpretation, abuse, and misrepresentation of studies. you have no conclusive evidence of any of your predictions.....so have the nads to admit it, sport.

there is no consensus to your assumptions and delusions, son.

so stop lying.
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#36228 Jun 3, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>if anyone is in denial, KYLE, it's you.
co2 IS plant food.....that's a fact.
i don't argue with science....i argue with your crowds perverted interpretation, abuse, and misrepresentation of studies. you have no conclusive evidence of any of your predictions.....so have the nads to admit it, sport.
there is no consensus to your assumptions and delusions, son.
so stop lying.
Your perfect record of abusing basic logic and failure to engage honestly continues unbroken. Of course, you LIE when you claim that I deny that CO2 is plant food. And of course, it's DISHONEST to attack that straw man while ignoring my real point - that CO2 being plant food is RETARDED as an argument against climate science.

The rest of your comment is projection and baseless smack talk.

You lose yet again.

Ready to deal with ANYTHING in an honest and rational fashion yet? ANYTHING?
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#36229 Jun 3, 2013
[QUOTE who="ri tedownthemiddle"...]there is no consensus ...[/QUOTE]

Didn't you earlier admit that there was? Or was that your butt buddy, Lyin' Brian?
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#36230 Jun 3, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>there is no consensus
The truth:

http://bcove.me/c1li8rcl
Teddy R

Reston, VA

#36231 Jun 4, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text> my real point - that CO2 being plant food is RETARDED as an argument
Uncool.

http://www.r-word.org/

Clean up your act, please.
Retired Farmer

Paducah, KY

#36232 Jun 4, 2013
Solar technology proven to work.

Solar Impulse plane arrives in St. Louis after a 21 plus hour flight from Dallas.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/solar-impul...

If it can do this in an experimental airplane, what can it do if we really get serious about applying it to a house - which is the biggest energy user.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#36234 Jun 4, 2013
Bruce De Pedofile wrote:
I'm a typical Denier liar. You don't even know what a freak I am these days. As a pedophile, why would I even care as long as I have the neighbor's boy's pants down?
You'll care when the good police officers show up and give you a baton lesson, weirdo. If only I could be there to help them!

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#36235 Jun 4, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>why? because KYLE says so?
nice try.
fail
game over.
thanks for trying.
It's as good as any reasons YOU'VE ever provided, troll. And he happens to be CORRECT, unlike you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr TRD 70,727
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 hr USAsince1680 1,395,134
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 hr Junket 311,338
News Connecticut News - State, National and Local Ne... (May '07) Jun 22 ladyslipper 156
"OX" cover band from the 70s. (Oct '10) Jun 22 Bill Suchy 14
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jun 20 Homeboynot 20,366
sat.6-11-16 DMBand concert. girl assaulted. Jun 18 braun700 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages