Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
32,261 - 32,280 of 46,210 Comments Last updated Yesterday
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Its no confusion that "Large lying language" is a kkk(ALWAYS SMALL LETTERS) member & a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener.
And you think topix doesn’t know what you publish? Attacks on me won't delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again.
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

OK
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
When will litesong finally shut up?
[QUOTE who=""phud fetid feces face fiend""]you think.........[QUOTE]

........ that "phud fetid feces face fiend" & 'large lying language' are stupid, as all toxic topix AGW deniers are stupid. They never were able to get mathematics & science degrees. They never were able to take upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc for their poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas.

But, to be sucked into exxon, energy, business & re-pubic-lick-un boardroom, Pee-R, propaganda pablum is the most stupid of all their non-actions of life. To pretend science, where there is no science & they never had science.......to make up science, that is nothing but exxon, energy, business & re-pubic-lick-un boardroom, Pee-R, propaganda pablum is their downfall......... & a long long fall it is. Tho their bloody guts are not sprayed all over concrete floors, their wretched brain cells have seized to function, no longer connected to each other.... yes, a long long fall!
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
........ that "phud fetid feces face fiend" & 'large lying language' are stupid, as all toxic topix AGW deniers are stupid. They never were able to get mathematics & science degrees. They never were able to take upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc for their poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas.
But, to be sucked into exxon, energy, business & re-pubic-lick-un boardroom, Pee-R, propaganda pablum is the most stupid of all their non-actions of life. To pretend science, where there is no science & they never had science.......to make up science, that is nothing but exxon, energy, business & re-pubic-lick-un boardroom, Pee-R, propaganda pablum is their downfall......... & a long long fall it is. Tho their bloody guts are not sprayed all over concrete floors, their wretched brain cells have seized to function, no longer connected to each other.... yes, a long long fall!
And you think topix doesn’t know what you publish? Attacks on me won't delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again.
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Ok.
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Ok
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Ok

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing is, you always make the same old claims and always produce the same old amount of evidence..........0.
Zero.
Zilch.
Nada.
actually, after all.
I have produced it in the past and if you want to see it again then you need to dig for it yourself. But I will be nice and give you a starting point.

http://joannenova.com.au/2012/10/man-made-glo...

http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.com/2012/10/sev...
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Yes I do agree its all science fiction.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I have produced it in the past and if you want to see it again then you need to dig for it yourself. But I will be nice and give you a starting point.
http://joannenova.com.au/2012/10/man-made-glo...
http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.com/2012/10/sev...
Why, Tina, thank you so much for being nice!

I don't remember you producing it in the past. I think you just think you did.

Are these science sites? Are the run by scientists? What kind of scientists are they? Are they physicists? Veterinarians? Medical doctors? Climatologists?

If global warming was disproved in 2008, that news has been well-concealed.

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>

Are these science sites? Are the run by scientists? What kind of scientists are they? Are they physicists? Veterinarians? Medical doctors? Climatologists?
LOL. Tina gets offended when one calls her on posting 100% right wing anti-science trash.
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Tina gets offended when one calls her on posting 100% right wing anti-science trash.
Much like your--self when you get walloped again and again.How are those tires working for you?
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I could offend her so much that she wouldn't bring her dumb ass around here anymore.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
I wish I could offend her so much that she wouldn't bring her dumb ass around here anymore.
Whatever happened to dirtling should happen to the rest of the 'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' AGW denier ganghood'. Of course,'tiny-minded anne' is in the hoosegow with the gang.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Associated Press

Two of the Great Lakes have hit their lowest water levels ever recorded, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said Tuesday, capping more than a decade of below-normal rain and snowfall and higher temperatures that boost evaporation.

Measurements taken last month show Lake Huron and Lake Michigan have reached their lowest ebb since record keeping began in 1918, and the lakes could set additional records over the next few months, the corps said. The lakes were 29 inches below their long-term average and had declined 17 inches since January 2012.

The other Great Lakes — Superior, Erie and Ontario — were also well below average.

"We're in an extreme situation," said Keith Kompoltowicz, watershed hydrology chief for the corps district office in Detroit.

The low water has caused heavy economic losses by forcing cargo ships to carry lighter loads, leaving boat docks high and dry, and damaging fish-spawning areas. And vegetation has sprung up in newly exposed shoreline bottomlands, a turnoff for hotel customers who prefer sandy beaches.

<><><>< ><><><> <><><>< ><><>

Don't worry about the government taxing your coal and oil. Global warming is already taxing us!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
Associated Press
Two of the Great Lakes have hit their lowest water levels ever recorded, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said Tuesday, capping more than a decade of below-normal rain and snowfall and higher temperatures that boost evaporation... Measurements taken last month show Lake Huron and Lake Michigan have reached their lowest ebb since record keeping began in 1918...

The low water has caused heavy economic losses by forcing cargo ships to carry lighter loads, leaving boat docks high and dry, and damaging fish-spawning areas. And vegetation has sprung up in newly exposed shoreline bottomlands, a turnoff for hotel customers who prefer sandy beaches.
<><><>< ><><><> <><><>< ><><>
Don't worry about the government taxing your coal and oil. Global warming is already taxing us!
Yes, these are probably actual economic costs of AGW/CC. It's just diffcult to "prove" that they're from AGW/CC, so the deniers will keep squawking.

Yes, it's a cost of burning fossil fuels, but it's STILL not reflected in the prices people pay for them. It's being externalized, & other people are paying for it.

The purpose of a revenue-neutral carbon tax is NOT to raise more money for the government, or to make people pay arbitrarily, but to make the REAL costs of burning it clearer. The real costs include all of the above, plus a WHOLE lot more.

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice how many time in the past two years that it has been mentioned in the news. A search shows that it was not mentioned by the main stream media and only found in fringe sites.

How many of the sites others quote are run by reputable and respected scientist and how many are run by those with an agenda and are biased. It could be said that everyone here is biased. On the other hand history has shown that many have believed in climate change and had man as the cause but expected different results or made predictions that failed to come true. How many like yourself claimed man was causing an ice age back in the seventies. They based there claims on numbers from the 40's, 50's, and 60's and blamed CO2 as the cause. Claimed it was cooling the earth.

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why get mad. I just use that as proof that this is all about politics and not about scientists. It is also a sign that your bias is showing and what the real truth is.

So, please trot out those RW labels. After all, the response is that is the proof that this is about politics and not science.

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, I love watching you make a fool of yourself.

Sorry, but at my age the foolish will never be that offensive. I also consider those who have to rely on name calling proof that you are the one loosing.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Large lying language wrote:
Liberals love losing.
"Large lying language" doesn't have enough math to keep track of scores. Even if it could calculate properly(it can't), it would lie. Its name, "Large lying language", tells all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Hartford Forum right now

Search the Hartford Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Homer 1,095,220
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr the truth really ... 18,731
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 hr JOEL 68,833
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 16 hr TRD 68,292
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Mon godless by choice 305,378
Can someone photoshop my photos into nude for m... Mon No Mercy 1
Change At The Morning Mike At WDRC-FM (Dec '07) Aug 17 gflowers 158
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hartford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000