Newtown Victim's Mom to Give Obama's ...

Newtown Victim's Mom to Give Obama's Weekly Address

There are 296 comments on the NBC Connecticut story from Apr 12, 2013, titled Newtown Victim's Mom to Give Obama's Weekly Address. In it, NBC Connecticut reports that:

Newtown supporters and residents gathered at town hall to read aloud all the names of those who lost their lives to gun violence since Sandy Hook in hopes that some talks will begin in Washington regarding stricter gun control laws.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Connecticut.

Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

#113 Apr 18, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
People become felons by breaking laws.
Before you can become a lawyer, you will need a GED.
Do you make any distinction between a felon who went up on a tax rap (like Wesley Snipes) vs a gang-banger who looks like Obama's son?

How about loaning a firearm? Should the loaner make the borrower fill out a form and pay a fee for letting his buddy try out his piece on a range?
Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

#114 Apr 18, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does the right insist they have the right to sell firearms to felons and the mentally incapacitated?
Explain how this would have prevented Sandy Hook.

BTW, the Virginia Tech guy obtained his weapons legally, and he was deranged. "Privacy" statutes and fear of ACLU loi-yahs prevented this info from being disclosed.
Cat74

Palatine, IL

#116 Apr 18, 2013
The best part of the loss of the gun control bill in the Senate was that the President was astonished, and went slightly nuts with his loss. He really thought he could rewrite the Bill of Rights.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#118 Apr 18, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you make any distinction between a felon ?
Wipe you chin, BOY.

Location hidden

#119 Apr 18, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<

BTW, the Virginia Tech guy obtained his weapons legally.
Don't care, BOY.

Two million people like you who should not be allowed to own firearms where denied, that's what matters.

Location hidden

#120 Apr 18, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<
How about loaning a firearm?
Is there a certain amount of stupid questions you have to ask every day, BOY?

Location hidden

#122 Apr 19, 2013
Remember wrote:
Anyone else remember the other day barefootmoron posting "tick tock" it being just a matter of time before the new weapons laws where to take place? BOY, you where wrong. lmao
Gosh, I guess you haven't read the news in Connecticut, New York, Maryland, Michigan, or Oregon.

LMAO.

The fact the vocal minority can push its special rights agenda in the Congress is not a surprise and it is just a matter of time.

Ninety percent of Americans want universal background checks and we shall not be denied.

Tick tock.
Cat74

Palatine, IL

#123 Apr 19, 2013
Those state laws will be struck down ny the Supreme Cour just as the strict Illinois laws were, and now the state of Illinois has until June to institute conceal carry. Gun owners will not have their 2nd Amendment rights abrogated. Every time the Democrats try, and lose it makes the gun owners, and the NRA that much happier.

Location hidden

#124 Apr 19, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Those state laws will be struck
The same laws have been upheld before, LyingC*t74.

"Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.[United States v.] Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons."

Justice Scalia
Speaking for the SCOTUS majority
this century

Location hidden

#125 Apr 19, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
the Supreme Cour just as the strict Illinois laws were, and now the state of Illinois
Has nothing to do with "strict" and "not strict", e.g., a state has a right to regulate commence, especially with its borders, and proving that you are not a felon is not a burden especially when it takes a few minutes.

I understand: as a felon, it would make it harder for you to buy, sell, and own guns.

Too bad.

Location hidden

#126 Apr 19, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Every time the Democrats try, and lose it makes the gun owners
Over 80 percent of gun owners want universal background checks.

It is but a tiny minority that demand the right to sell weapons to anyone they please- most these are extremist members of the NRA and of course: felons.
Cat74

Palatine, IL

#127 Apr 19, 2013
Idiot child, if these laws were upheld before why aren't they being enforced? Why are you mentally challenged liberals asking for them again? You don't make any sense. If 100% of gun owners wanted checks,(and they don't) the 2nd amendment shall not be infringed. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever. I cannot make it any clearer.

Location hidden

#129 Apr 19, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Idiot child, if these laws were upheld .
LyingC*t: the prisons are full of felons put there for violating gun laws. Let's put a/wipes like you in with them when you sell them firearms.

Location hidden

#130 Apr 19, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
If 100% of gun owners wanted checks,(and they don't) the 2nd amendment shall not be infringed.
Gun owners don't get special votes and ps: it not an infringement to make you do a background check before you sell a weapon.

So says the Supreme Court of the United States.
hank hill

Sioux Falls, SD

#131 Apr 19, 2013
Is anyone actually having an issue with the background checks portion of this whole ordeal? It seems to me more ppl have an issue with the fact that the govt seems hell bent on rewriting the constitution for law abiding citizens and not doing anything about the illegal ownership of weapons, and not addressing the issue at all.

Location hidden

#132 Apr 19, 2013
hank hill wrote:
It seems to me more ppl have an issue with the fact that the govt seems hell bent on rewriting the constitution for law abiding citizens
The "government" would be the ninety percent of Americans who insist on universal background checks.

"Law abiding" citizens don't sell firearms to felons.

One solution could be: have felons purchase firearms from "law abiding" gun owners and immediately arrest the sellers on a felony charge, reducing both the number of firearms and the number of gun owners who are inclined to sell with making a background check.
CTM

Sandy Hook, CT

#133 Apr 20, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, I'm not part of the ten percent of Americans who insist they should have the right to sell firearms to felons and the deranged.
Americans cannot fix your ignorance, but they can fix how a tiny minority special rights do not have their way.
As Americans have done in Connecticut and Colorado and Maryland and as they continue to work in other states this spring.
.......Hey felon, remove the first part of my response since it hit home? Must have since you are now making up stuff to say. First of all, that "90%" exists only in very slanted polls. And the great gun toting majority will carry guns to protect themselves against those felons and the deranged that should not have guns, people like you.
Cat74

Palatine, IL

#134 Apr 20, 2013
Since the new background bill failed someone must have seen it as an infrimgement on the 2nd amendment. You just hate that you cannot disarm the American gun owner, but that is the law. Me, I love watching the left swing in the wind!

Location hidden

#135 Apr 20, 2013
CTM wrote:
< First of all, that "90%" exists only in very slanted polls.
All the leading polls put it at 90 percent, felon.

Listed above.

No matter how hard you stomp your feet.

Location hidden

#136 Apr 20, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Since the new background bill failed someone must have seen it as an infrimgement on the 2nd amendment.
GOP senators peeing their panties, afraid of the special rights lobby.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Realtime 1,278,294
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Mothra 54,601
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 16 hr Gas Woman 70,161
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Thu I hate taggers 20,108
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) Wed carolb38 51
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Wed cpeter1313 310,234
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) Aug 31 DCF_cooker 51
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages