Morning TV News War Heats Up Monday

Morning TV News War Heats Up Monday

There are 66 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Feb 29, 2008, titled Morning TV News War Heats Up Monday. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

The promotional pitch is winding down, the rehearsals are finished and the private launch party has been held.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

sufferingballsof thepope

Middletown, CT

#29 Mar 2, 2008
Why Not wrote:
<quoted text> Scot--Your ratings are sagging! Do a show on getting yourself implants. You got plastic surgery on? Goodness Knows!
i like rachel the best
IHearYaPal

East Hampton, CT

#30 Mar 2, 2008
LovethemTaTas wrote:
Rachel is a very professional tv and radio personality i am glad her considerable assets will remain in connecticut
I'm also glad her assets will be shown on television every morning again.
Shoreline

Norwalk, CT

#32 Mar 2, 2008
Is scot a real weather person or just another Hilton an actor???
Jeff

United States

#33 Mar 2, 2008
What a joke it's supposed to be news? They could report tha actual news in a few short minutes, instead the talking heads blather on and on and most likely inject their "expert" opinions. The fancy weather, another joke. Hi folks it's 60 a high around 72 today mostly sunny, instead they make it a whole waiting game then give us a long disetation on what they say is going to happen, when it doesn't they are ready for the long excuse. Why one channel predicts 60 and another 62, come on. I'd rather watch the Stooges from the 40's not from today's view
Kukla Fran and Ollie

AOL

#35 Mar 2, 2008
Are you kidding? Rebbecca Stewart talks through here nose and sometimes sounds like a goose. The other two look so uncomfortable in front of the camera, you would swear they were getting an enema.

Connecticut TV really needs some new faces. Send Rebecca back to Virginia. I can't stand listening to her at night, need alone in the morning.
sufferingballsof thepope

Middletown, CT

#37 Mar 2, 2008
red onions wrote:
Rachel is fat
rachel is just fine.
Mike

Winsted, CT

#38 Mar 2, 2008
Funny how Scot Haney takes a vacation to Cozemuel Mexico the week Fox 61 with Rachel debuts.

This way he won't get blamed for people switching channels to watch real news and not a queenie baboon talking about his letterman appearance, how much he made $$$ from it, his house, his salary, his better ct show and just HIM.

After all that he leaves 30 seconds for the weather...that is if his puddle ducky doesn't get in the way.

Finally, hopefully a REAL NEWS show in the morning and not the Scot Haney/Queen Mary/ I am Scot and it's about me show. A choice.

Maybe he'll get a yob in Mexico.
Lucille

West Hartford, CT

#39 Mar 3, 2008
Good Luck
April

Salem, CT

#40 Mar 3, 2008
A bit of humor in the morning is welcome but Ch 3 is over the top with it. It comes across as forced and just plain silly. If you watch 10 min of their coverage, you have seen the days offering followed by repeated cycles of the same "news" for the remainder of the broadcast. The new traffic girl and Scot come across as forced.

Ch 8 does have a little more substance with the news. They throw in a bit of light humor that does not come across as forced and cartoonish.

Personally, I would like to see more news on these self billed "news" shows. It is almost non existent on any of them and other than school closings and one brief check of the weather, it is just repetition of the same stuff and I turn it off.

I have no problem understanding why the major Network news shows are dieing and the cable news shows are thriving. The local station that actually starts reporting on real CT news will win me as a viewer. Until then it is 10 minutes and off.
More Gadflys

United States

#41 Mar 3, 2008
Go up to Worcester to get some no talent-talent. Self-promotion and self-published books. Success in their own mind.
h c ecco

Salem, CT

#42 Mar 3, 2008
entirly too much weatherblather from the lot of them...how about just putting the numbers and the liklihoods up on the screen, (and giving us a moment to absorb), and sending the weatherjesters, (and their clutter), out for some on-site coverage of sunspots.
wrtaylor

Roseville, CA

#43 Mar 3, 2008
I just hope that the Nielsan rating books aren't in the hands of some of the people who've made comments on this story so far. It's all just confirming what I think is wrong with most television news shows today. it's about who's the "hottest", who has the biggest boobs, etc. Spare me. Just give me someone who comes across as believable and who can tell me a something in 5 minutes or less that I didn't already know.
Stewart

Milford, CT

#44 Mar 3, 2008
If is associated with FOX news they will lie about everything.

FOX is an unreliable source for information.
Gotta Love It

United States

#46 Mar 3, 2008
Sonja bagdady is the hottest... She needs to wear tighter clothes though.... and stand up to the jerk-off she shares the show with.
sufferingballsof thepope

Middletown, CT

#48 Mar 3, 2008
wrtaylor wrote:
I just hope that the Nielsan rating books aren't in the hands of some of the people who've made comments on this story so far. It's all just confirming what I think is wrong with most television news shows today. it's about who's the "hottest", who has the biggest boobs, etc. Spare me. Just give me someone who comes across as believable and who can tell me a something in 5 minutes or less that I didn't already know.
hot looking gals with big boobs are an integral part of the morning tv experience. rachel lutzker is a very intelligent woman who happens to be easy to look at,should she wear a burkha?
Fat chance

Ratchaburi, Thailand

#49 Mar 3, 2008
wrtaylor wrote:
You mean you actually expect to get news from a news show? How presumptuous of you!

When I was a kid, they had a 30 minute news, sports, weather show. And you actually got news, sports, and weather. Now they have one hour and your lucky if you get 5 minutes of real news! And the lead story (which they start teasing you with 3 days ahead of time) is that there's a chance of winter in CT in Jan! That's news?? And just try, in an extended sportscast, to get game scores. That is, beyond UConn the Yankees and Red Sox. You can get more and better info in 5 minutes on the internet, and tailor it to suit your needs. TV is so pathetically lame.
viewer

Terryville, CT

#50 Mar 3, 2008
Logan had way too much make up on and I don't care for the "couch" seating. I was not impressed.
Rachael Putsker

Hartford, CT

#51 Mar 3, 2008
Me too wrote:
<quoted text>
I have missed her too and am looking forward to seeing her every morning. As for Scot Haney, is ego is much too big and it shows like a raw and open sore.
Scott Haney is a weiness!!! He steps all over everybody and everything. His ego can't support what little talent he has.

And Rachael Lutzker being hot??!!! You people must be really hard up!!! My only question is where do they hide the leash when she's on camera!!1
Morning Burkha

Hartford, CT

#52 Mar 3, 2008
sufferingballsofthepope wrote:
<quoted text>hot looking gals with big boobs are an integral part of the morning tv experience. rachel lutzker is a very intelligent woman who happens to be easy to look at,should she wear a burkha?
Burkha??? What a great idea!!! Wish I had thought of that!!!
Alexi

Manchester, CT

#54 Mar 3, 2008
MrLogical wrote:
Why do these local stations all insist on retaining and even promoting on-air talents with annoying voices that borderline on speech impediments? Joe Furey (strained, scratchy, gravelly), and Steve Chapron (dopey & overtly effeminate), Mark Dixon (marble-filled mouth and swallows his words), Ray Dunaway (hurried, clipped, choppy, mumbling and he CANNOT stop talking over Diane - just shut up. Please.) leap to mind as well as Lauren Petty with her super-sibilant pronunciation of s-words. Radio - above all - is an aural medium and when you have people with annoying, cloyng and hard to understand diction - it's a complete turnoff. In fact, when the personalities start talking, that's exactly what I do - I turn the station.
Hey Mr. Logic, where do you get off trashing all of these TV and Radio people? Regardless of whether they hype sometimes or trip over their words they all generally do a good job.

Let's put you on camera or in front of a microphone and see how you do! Or would it be too dificult to get the forklift to haul your fat sweat pants covered butt out of your parents basement into an radio or TV station????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min Teaman 1,483,199
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr DAVID27 313,226
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 62,981
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr TRD 71,320
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sat Well Well 20,775
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) Sat Maria pawlus 73
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Jan 19 truth 7,994

Hartford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hartford Mortgages