Draeger

Knoxville, TN

#1 Nov 15, 2008
Just after 9:00 this morning the Harrogate City Fire Department, Claiborne County EMS and Claiborne County Sheriff's Department were sent to LMU Campus for a fire alarm activation. Upon arriving there at LMU they came under fire from a hidden sniper. Several firemen were killed or gravely wounded. Other Sheriff's Deputies, Claiborne County Sheriff's Department SWAT, Additional EMS and Rescue units were immediately called to assist. During this chaos an explosion occured inside Duke Hall injuring additional civillian and emergency service personnel. A bomb squad and additional Fire Departments were immediately sent to LMU Campus. The Claiborne County SWAT eventually apprehended the sniper with lethal force. However the sniper or an accomplice had planted several "booby traps" that prevented the immediate treatment of many of the patients. Eventually 9 patients were transported to area hospitals and 9 people including the sniper and many emergency service workers were killed. As many of you were just waking to start your Saturday morning, maybe off to work, the flea market, out of town, kids sporting events or just shopping, your emergency service workers were spending yet another morning away from their families, missing many of the cherished activities listed above. Doing this just so that when such an event (notice how I worded it...WHEN) occurs each of these agencies will be better prepared so that the damage to life and property will be kept to a minimum. These workers serve everyday unselfishly to protect and care for the people they share residence in the same county with or neighbor against. So please, I beg you, the next time you see one (lawmen, fireman, Ambulance person, healthcare worker, 911 operator, Rescuer) give 'em a nod, a hand shake, a kind word of thanks. Because when something like this occurs, bigger or smaller, they are there for YOU! No matter your age, color, sex, ability to pay or anything. You are one of God's children and the one's they have sworn to serve and protect. Say a prayer for these special men and women tonight as you go to sleep and remeber why they are here. Also remember our brother's and sisters in the military and pray for peace. God Bless!
Not Exactly

Troy, MI

#2 Nov 15, 2008
Draeger wrote:
Just after 9:00 this morning the Harrogate City Fire Department, Claiborne County EMS and Claiborne County Sheriff's Department were sent to LMU Campus for a fire alarm activation. Upon arriving there at LMU they came under fire from a hidden sniper. Several firemen were killed or gravely wounded. Other Sheriff's Deputies, Claiborne County Sheriff's Department SWAT, Additional EMS and Rescue units were immediately called to assist. During this chaos an explosion occured inside Duke Hall injuring additional civillian and emergency service personnel. A bomb squad and additional Fire Departments were immediately sent to LMU Campus. The Claiborne County SWAT eventually apprehended the sniper with lethal force. However the sniper or an accomplice had planted several "booby traps" that prevented the immediate treatment of many of the patients. Eventually 9 patients were transported to area hospitals and 9 people including the sniper and many emergency service workers were killed. As many of you were just waking to start your Saturday morning, maybe off to work, the flea market, out of town, kids sporting events or just shopping, your emergency service workers were spending yet another morning away from their families, missing many of the cherished activities listed above. Doing this just so that when such an event (notice how I worded it...WHEN) occurs each of these agencies will be better prepared so that the damage to life and property will be kept to a minimum. These workers serve everyday unselfishly to protect and care for the people they share residence in the same county with or neighbor against. So please, I beg you, the next time you see one (lawmen, fireman, Ambulance person, healthcare worker, 911 operator, Rescuer) give 'em a nod, a hand shake, a kind word of thanks. Because when something like this occurs, bigger or smaller, they are there for YOU! No matter your age, color, sex, ability to pay or anything. You are one of God's children and the one's they have sworn to serve and protect. Say a prayer for these special men and women tonight as you go to sleep and remeber why they are here. Also remember our brother's and sisters in the military and pray for peace. God Bless!
This was a mock drill for the SWAT Teams.
Draeger

Knoxville, TN

#3 Nov 16, 2008
Not Exactly wrote:
<quoted text>
This was a mock drill for the SWAT Teams.
This met the requirements for disaster planning for all the agencies involved including Claiborne County Hospital who received the mock patients.
Not Exactly

Troy, MI

#4 Nov 16, 2008
Draeger wrote:
<quoted text>
This met the requirements for disaster planning for all the agencies involved including Claiborne County Hospital who received the mock patients.
It may have met all requirements, but I think you should have put a little more forethought into your title and post. Anyone who read that quickly, would have thought it was a real occurance. Perhaps a parent logging in to check email from her daughter who is a student there, and didnt see an email, she clicks on TOPIX for the latest news and sees this?
Unless you were "in" on what was about to happen, and I mean in one of the professsions it may have been used, you wouldnt know it was a drill.
I think you should have put some sort of preface to your post.
TNFirefighter

Troy, MI

#5 Dec 4, 2008
That was our training for a disater plan...and it was the worst one i have ever been to. I hope if we ever have another one it is worked out better and the firefighters dont have to stand around the whole time doing nothing. But it looked like the EMTs, SWAT, Patients and police dept. had fun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrogate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oasis 2 hr lady luck 25
Best to ever play at Harrogate Little League!!!! (Apr '09) Jul 27 Harrogate man 17
Orange jeep. Hot guy? Jul 27 sister becky 16
did someone lose a dogs with no tail (Jul '14) Jul 25 MayIask 4
like a female text buddy number is below Jul 22 tim 1
britney (Jul '13) Jul 18 Unknown 36
living in sin Jul 16 Brenda 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harrogate Mortgages