What is your opinion of the Harrodsbu...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sad

United States

#21 Mar 28, 2013
Its went to he!! From what a couple residents told me..
Jess

Lebanon, KY

#22 Mar 30, 2013
Uh well I did work there about 3 and half years ago and it was a mess !!! Yes a CNA job is hard and under appreciated. But too many back stabbers. Whores. And woman worried over men that were spoken for. I had to get out of there. They even keep some that couldn't even do a aide job and had verbal abuse on her. They just stuck her on passing briefs. Now come on. They need a staff over haul
Cheesehead

Mount Sterling, KY

#23 Mar 30, 2013
I know a lot of people who work there & they do a good job @ wat they do! So keep ur negative comments 2 urself its people like Ya'll that start sumthin that shouldnt've been started n the 1st place-god bless!
wow

Demotte, IN

#24 May 10, 2013
curious wrote:
Just wondering what you think.
this place is a freaking joke, sum there are good workers & the rest is lazy, plus there is lpn's giving cna's residents pills seen it happen, I'm surprised the state has shut it down yet, cause they sure do need too...I wouldn't have my parents there for no reason....
junk man

Harrodsburg, KY

#25 May 10, 2013
well see if you smart as- f??king ppl can understand this ,,,, IF YOU VALUE YOUR LICENSE YOU BEST NOT GO TO THIS PLACE TO WORK UNLEES YOU CAN KISS AS- MORE THAN THE ONES THAT IS THERE ,,,, BUT REMMEMBER THAT SH?T FLOWS DOWN HILL SO IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG YOU WILL BE THE ONE THAT GETS THE BLAME AND THERE GOES YOUR LICENSE YOU WORK SO DAMN HARD TO GET AND IN 8 HOUR SOME LOW LIFE TWO FACE BIT?HING NURSE GET THEM TAKEN FROM YOU AND YOU HAVEN'T DONE ONE DAMN THING WRONG ,,,,, THERE HAVE BEEN MORE RN & LPN THAT HAVE LOST THERE LICENSE WORKING AT ANY OF THE KINDERD NURSE HOME OR SHOULD I CALL IT KINDERD SLANGTHER HOUSE ,,,, THE ONE IN LIBERTY THEY CHANGE HAND SO DAMN MUCH THAT YOU DON'T KNOW IF THEY ARE COMING OR GOING , SO MY LAST WORDS IS STAY THE F??K AWAY FROM THEM ...
well said

Demotte, IN

#26 May 11, 2013
junk man wrote:
well see if you smart as- f??king ppl can understand this ,,,, IF YOU VALUE YOUR LICENSE YOU BEST NOT GO TO THIS PLACE TO WORK UNLEES YOU CAN KISS AS- MORE THAN THE ONES THAT IS THERE ,,,, BUT REMMEMBER THAT SH?T FLOWS DOWN HILL SO IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG YOU WILL BE THE ONE THAT GETS THE BLAME AND THERE GOES YOUR LICENSE YOU WORK SO DAMN HARD TO GET AND IN 8 HOUR SOME LOW LIFE TWO FACE BIT?HING NURSE GET THEM TAKEN FROM YOU AND YOU HAVEN'T DONE ONE DAMN THING WRONG ,,,,, THERE HAVE BEEN MORE RN & LPN THAT HAVE LOST THERE LICENSE WORKING AT ANY OF THE KINDERD NURSE HOME OR SHOULD I CALL IT KINDERD SLANGTHER HOUSE ,,,, THE ONE IN LIBERTY THEY CHANGE HAND SO DAMN MUCH THAT YOU DON'T KNOW IF THEY ARE COMING OR GOING , SO MY LAST WORDS IS STAY THE F??K AWAY FROM THEM ...
couldn't have said it any better mr.junk man, but your right.....
well said

Demotte, IN

#27 May 11, 2013
curious wrote:
Junkman,I pretty much think you know what your talking about.This place is awful and has terrible issues.I don't see how the place is still open.I feel sorry for the resident's that live there.The building is nasty and needs condemned.
terrible is right, & yes it should be condemned along time ago, there is alot that the state should know about how the residents is getting treated, sad to say but they give them pills so they dont yell and it takes them forever to answer a call light...its pitful, & sad....
Employee

Mount Sterling, KY

#28 Sep 7, 2013
Well lets see. I worked there, did for quite a while. And here is the 100% honest truth about that place.
-there are wonderful RN's.
- Kitchen is wonderful
-a few good CNA's
That's really about all that's good.

The CNA's are understaffed, and half of them DO NOT CARE. Call lights stay on for an hour, they're in the hall chatting about parties & on their phones, fixing their hair, taking excessive breaks, and making fun of residents or complaining about diaper changes.
I have SEEN bedsores, Diaper rashes that bleed, and spoke with a resident that was well, who claimed her roommate hadn't had a bath in about a week. There are a few very good CNA's who get in there and actually work. Some will even close the door and ignore residents who are hollering for help. Or avoid the room all together.

Housekeeping never has their crap together and they don't have enough time to get the rooms clean, so they are forced to rush. They mop the floor with plain water half the time because there are no supplies. Talking to The HK director is about like talking to a tree. Personals get lost, bleached, and shrunk. And clothes get mixed up daily. Things never stay stocked, the carts are loud and disturbed the halls, and they threw away everything on the floor. Even pictures of family that had fallen off dressers.

Maintenance is always behind. Light bulbs in rooms stay out for days, the dumpster area around back is FILTHY and there are maggots all over the parking lot. Can you picture a maggot being brought into that building by someone outside? Gross! The floor tiles are loose and breaking off- major safety hazard. Vents in hallways hang off the wall, & there are only two people that can fix these. Neither of them are there on weekends when needed most.

Not every nursing home will be perfect, I realize this, but please if you're searching for a facility to place your loved one in, this one is not very good.
Co worker

Harrodsburg, KY

#29 Sep 8, 2013
One CNA only worries about getting her long break and leaving to call somebody else's husband!!! She's married too!!!! Wonder if their spouses know.
Truth

Richmond, KY

#30 Sep 8, 2013
The place is awful it is ONLY ran good when the state is supposed to come in that is the only reason it isn't shut down. All the nurses there are rude they will only help your family member more if you visit them often. Feel sorry for the residents.
thinking twice

Lawrenceburg, KY

#31 Sep 16, 2013
I have an interview w/this place, I know topix is a good place for gossip but I am starting to think twice about even coming in for the interview. Should I even bother?

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#32 Dec 20, 2013
I have heard nothing but negative about that place. People working there cheating on their spouses with coworkers. Half assing their jobs. I've been in there and the place stinks of urine and feces all the time. If you're not family you don't keep ur job there. It's pathetic. Nothing but low life loose sluts who literally get paid to sit on their asses. They've been so close to being shut down so many times. And they just got sold off to another owner again. Coincidence?? I think not. I'm sure there are good staff, but they won't last. Good people don't tolerate mean and immoral people. And the mean and immoral people are all department heads or inside the "family" click. They bully the good ones out
HOBO Bill

Louisville, KY

#33 Oct 7, 2014
the place has issues just like any other--workers are fair--and do a fair job--but don't realize what they are getting into--and like all other homes--and i have seen worse and so have others--and the familys some not all have no choice--cant afford to keep them at home. so lay off or go some other place. and yes some of the employees have been let go--for one reason or another--some just lazy and don't wanna work. period
been there

United States

#34 Oct 10, 2014
DO NOT PUT YOUR LOVED ONE IN THIS PLACE. No its ands or buts. They will NOT be treated right.
big red

Romeoville, IL

#35 Oct 10, 2014
I have worked there and had family there, i damn sure wouldn't put anyone i luv in that damn place . they r so under staffed the residents don't get the care they need and deserve!
Look elsewhere

Danville, KY

#36 Oct 14, 2014
Horrible place from what I have seen and heard! Wouldn't recommend to anyone looking to put family in there

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anybody That like to Baby other people? 2 hr Unknown 3
Loafers 2 hr Looking 6
Still riding that pony 4 hr Really 48
Aunt T Histimine 6 hr nosey 11
Dakota "Cody" Lear (Jan '15) 13 hr Yeah 41
bj (Aug '11) Mon Cocklover 77
John Locknane Sun I know 2

Harrodsburg Jobs

Personal Finance

Harrodsburg Mortgages