Supreme Court Upholds Prayer at Council Meetings

Posted in the Harrodsburg Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#1 May 5, 2014
http://news.yahoo.com/high-court-ruling-favor...

Interesting. Finally legitimate tolerance.
KyHorseFly

Danville, KY

#2 May 5, 2014
Nutz wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/high-cou rt-ruling-favors-prayer-counci l-meeting-141041506--politics. html
Interesting. Finally legitimate tolerance.
Typical right-winged 5-4 ruling. Hope the Jewish prayer, the Muslim prayer, the Hindu prayer and the atheist non-prayer are all accepted with 'good faith' as well.
Laugh at you

Georgetown, KY

#3 May 5, 2014
I have no problem with this decision as long as they allow the same for other religions. This Supreme Court has been a big disappointment for the majority of Americans.
KyHorseFly

Danville, KY

#4 May 5, 2014
If I were on that council and still believed in separation of church and state, I would rotate each meeting with a guest Rabbi, guest cleric, guest Buddhist holy man, guest non- believer and any other, to give the invocation prior to each meeting. That should satisfy all. That would be legitimate tolerance. Dont you think Nutz?
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#5 May 5, 2014
KyHorseFly wrote:
If I were on that council and still believed in separation of church and state, I would rotate each meeting with a guest Rabbi, guest cleric, guest Buddhist holy man, guest non- believer and any other, to give the invocation prior to each meeting. That should satisfy all. That would be legitimate tolerance. Dont you think Nutz?
Absolutely. I do not subscribe that any religion should be excluded.
KyHorseFly

Danville, KY

#6 May 5, 2014
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text> I
Absolutely. I do not subscribe that any religion should be excluded.
I would even go a step farther Nutz. Every session of Congress begins with a prayer. I would also do the same thing. A Christian one day......A Buddist monk the next....... A Rabbi........ A Muslim cleric the next. Do you think McCain and Graham would approve as you no doubt do? Maybe we should petition Thomas and Scolia. Think they would go along with it now that they have 'promoted' religious tolerance?
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#7 May 5, 2014
KyHorseFly wrote:
<quoted text> I would even go a step farther Nutz. Every session of Congress begins with a prayer. I would also do the same thing. A Christian one day......A Buddist monk the next....... A Rabbi........ A Muslim cleric the next. Do you think McCain and Graham would approve as you no doubt do? Maybe we should petition Thomas and Scolia. Think they would go along with it now that they have 'promoted' religious tolerance?
I have no idea. Why don't you write them and ask them?
lly

Harrodsburg, KY

#8 May 6, 2014
KyHorseFly wrote:
<quoted text> Typical right-winged 5-4 ruling. Hope the Jewish prayer, the Muslim prayer, the Hindu prayer and the atheist non-prayer are all accepted with 'good faith' as well.
Yeah because that's exactly what religions this country was built on.....
LOLZ

Lexington, KY

#9 May 10, 2014
LOL

Harrodsburg, KY

#10 May 11, 2014
I myself think this is a GREAT THING!!! This country was founded on freedom and prayers!!! We have lost many of fine men to wars. So that we can guarantee the freedoms that we are entitled to. I am sick of every time some one is offended by another's choice, they try to stop it or have it BAN!!! I think the TEN COMMANDMENTS SHOULD BE DISPLAYED IN ANY court house or public place that some one sees fit in Displaying them. Just like the second AMENDMENT some people are trying to do a way with gun ownership. But come a time in their life they my wish they had a weapon to protect their love ones!!!!!! Also when judgement day comes a lot of non believers will be asking GOD to help them!!!!!!
LOLZ

Lexington, KY

#11 May 12, 2014
LOL wrote:
I myself think this is a GREAT THING!!! This country was founded on freedom and prayers!!! We have lost many of fine men to wars. So that we can guarantee the freedoms that we are entitled to. I am sick of every time some one is offended by another's choice, they try to stop it or have it BAN!!! I think the TEN COMMANDMENTS SHOULD BE DISPLAYED IN ANY court house or public place that some one sees fit in Displaying them. Just like the second AMENDMENT some people are trying to do a way with gun ownership. But come a time in their life they my wish they had a weapon to protect their love ones!!!!!! Also when judgement day comes a lot of non believers will be asking GOD to help them!!!!!!
Can we also display the Five Pillars of Islam?
Really

Harrodsburg, KY

#12 May 12, 2014
To LOLZ the five pillars of islam was not what America was built on. It is what probably will tear it down.
This is America. Not a foreign country. Muslims can display whatever they want in their own country's courthouse or whatever. Leave our rights and religion alone.
Foreigners came to our country for freedom. We did not go to theirs and try to change it. Leave our country and rights alone.
LOLZ

Lexington, KY

#13 May 12, 2014
Really wrote:
To LOLZ the five pillars of islam was not what America was built on. It is what probably will tear it down.
This is America. Not a foreign country. Muslims can display whatever they want in their own country's courthouse or whatever. Leave our rights and religion alone.
Foreigners came to our country for freedom. We did not go to theirs and try to change it. Leave our country and rights alone.
Muhammad Ali is not an American? You do realize that there are about 1,900,000 American citizens who practice Islam. You do also realize that Islam is a religion not a race or a nationality? Doesn't the First Amendment guarantee religious freedom? You know that the Ten Commandments aren't what America was founded on either? You do realize these things... don't you?
LOL

Harrodsburg, KY

#14 May 12, 2014
LOLZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Muhammad Ali is not an American? You do realize that there are about 1,900,000 American citizens who practice Islam. You do also realize that Islam is a religion not a race or a nationality? Doesn't the First Amendment guarantee religious freedom? You know that the Ten Commandments aren't what America was founded on either? You do realize these things... don't you?
I understand about the commandments but we as a country have gotten away from this so people have turned to the prophet Muhammad who wrote the book of Islam. From what I understand this book as been used to preach hate towards all. This book also speaks of male being superior over women. So why would this be stated? The BIBLE teaches both are equal!!! Also anytime a MUSLIM becomes offended out comes the blue eye devils are keeping us down from what is ours. How many times have you heard of or seen a Christian org do this? You want !!!! But good help us her comes Rev Sharpton or Jesse Jackson stirring shit. Think about it. Also if you will really read the bible it warns against false prophets. Guess who was one?
LOLZ

Lexington, KY

#15 May 12, 2014
LOL wrote:
<quoted text> I understand about the commandments but we as a country have gotten away from this so people have turned to the prophet Muhammad who wrote the book of Islam. From what I understand this book as been used to preach hate towards all. This book also speaks of male being superior over women. So why would this be stated? The BIBLE teaches both are equal!!! Also anytime a MUSLIM becomes offended out comes the blue eye devils are keeping us down from what is ours. How many times have you heard of or seen a Christian org do this? You want !!!! But good help us her comes Rev Sharpton or Jesse Jackson stirring shit. Think about it. Also if you will really read the bible it warns against false prophets. Guess who was one?
I would of course point out that the Bible teaches that a man is superior to a woman. Christians get offended over everything. Much like they would if a Muslim were invited to lead the prayer to Allah at a city council meeting. I would also point out that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are both Christians, not Muslims.
Really

Harrodsburg, KY

#16 May 12, 2014
Muhammad Ali the boxer C. Clay was from Louisville, Ky. He is also from America. He only changed his religion to keep from going to the service. You do understand this don't you LOLZ? Read all about it. In my eyes that was the cowards way out of the service too.
The Crusades were wrong

Bardstown, KY

#17 May 12, 2014
LOLZ, go to downtown Bagdad and tell them you want a Christian day, a Hindu day, a Buddhist day, and a non believers day. Your infidel head will be on a spike and your body thrown in the Tigress River. They are an Islamic nation and don't tolerate any other religion. We are a more tolerant nation, but we were nation built on the Christian faith whether you want to acknowledge it or not. Most of us are willing to be tolerant of those who are tolerant of us. But personally I find it hard to accept a radical form of Islam in which I am too dirty to touch and should convert or be killed.
LOLZ

Lexington, KY

#18 May 12, 2014
The Crusades were wrong wrote:
LOLZ, go to downtown Bagdad and tell them you want a Christian day, a Hindu day, a Buddhist day, and a non believers day. Your infidel head will be on a spike and your body thrown in the Tigress River. They are an Islamic nation and don't tolerate any other religion. We are a more tolerant nation, but we were nation built on the Christian faith whether you want to acknowledge it or not. Most of us are willing to be tolerant of those who are tolerant of us. But personally I find it hard to accept a radical form of Islam in which I am too dirty to touch and should convert or be killed.
This isn't Iraq, and the United States wasn't built on the Christian faith.
LOLZ

Lexington, KY

#19 May 12, 2014
Really wrote:
Muhammad Ali the boxer C. Clay was from Louisville, Ky. He is also from America. He only changed his religion to keep from going to the service. You do understand this don't you LOLZ? Read all about it. In my eyes that was the cowards way out of the service too.
You are aware that Cassius Clay became interested in Islam in 1961? Long before they began the draft. Ultimately, why someone decided to follow a certain religion is irrelevant. Did Kareem Abdul-Jabbar become Muslim to avoid the draft?(BTW, you are aware that Muslims got no "pass" when it came to conscription?)
LOLZ

Lexington, KY

#20 May 12, 2014
The Crusades were wrong wrote:
I would also point out that you also don't know what you're talking about when it comes to Christianity in Iraq.(Even though your point is still moot whereas this isn't Iraq.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min DITCH MITCH 153,986
Daryle Russell Arrested 8 min Just a Friend 9
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 26 min Stop The War On Coal 5,455
misty cloyd (Mar '11) 33 min Hot man 55
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr put that spoon 81,642
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Bill 26,280
eric nanik 3 hr get it right 52
•••
•••
•••

Harrodsburg Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Harrodsburg People Search