26% of Obama Supporters View Tea Party as Nationís Top Terror Threat

Posted in the Harrodsburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
driver1

Harrodsburg, KY

#1 Jun 28, 2013
Just curious if democrats in mercer county believe as this poll indicates, and why?

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
Rasmussen

Richmond, KY

#2 Jun 28, 2013
driver1 wrote:
Just curious if democrats in mercer county believe as this poll indicates, and why?
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
Just 26%!!!!!!! Is that all??!!!!!!!!
Rasmussen

Richmond, KY

#3 Jun 28, 2013
By the way, is this the same Rasmussen polling agency that was so right-winged bias that RealClear Politics excluded their surveys from RCPs compilation data during the last presidential election???
American

Danville, KY

#4 Jun 28, 2013
We have a White House so far to the left,instead of protecting our freedoms,they are exploiting them and stomping on our constitution to the point were America is what it should not be.Impeach Obama its not to late!!
not surprised

Louisville, KY

#5 Jun 28, 2013
American wrote:
We have a White House so far to the left,instead of protecting our freedoms,they are exploiting them and stomping on our constitution to the point were America is what it should not be.Impeach Obama its not to late!!
I'm surprised the 26% number isn't higher given the number of lazy democrat poorly educated liberal Obama supporters that expect and live on welfare. They are too IGNORANT to understand the Tea Pary believes in the U.S. Constitution, lower taxes, balancing the budget, strong national defense, rule of law and being self sufficient - taking personal responsibility. Citizens who oppose all that accuse tea party members of predjuice.
driver1

Harrodsburg, KY

#6 Jun 29, 2013
I was really hoping to have a civil discussion as to how ANYONE can believe the tea party is more dangerous than islamic terrorists. I know the left loves to label conservatives right wingers and extremists, but the poll suggests that a good portion of obama supporters are nut cases with a screwed up sense of reality.
SNL

Louisville, KY

#7 Jun 29, 2013
I'm surprised the number isn't higher, too, given the fact that many Tea Partiers are nuttier than squirrel poo. Just look at the two previous posts. Insulting rhetoric, inaccurate, sweeping generalizations and thinly veiled threats toward those who don't follow their agenda does sound a lot like radical Islam, doesn't it?

Since: Oct 12

Baltimore, Maryland

#8 Jun 29, 2013
driver1 wrote:
I was really hoping to have a civil discussion as to how ANYONE can believe the tea party is more dangerous than islamic terrorists. I know the left loves to label conservatives right wingers and extremists, but the poll suggests that a good portion of obama supporters are nut cases with a screwed up sense of reality.
Obama supporters still consider radical Muslims to be a bigger threat. You'll notice as is the case with Scott Rasmussen's writing, he does not break down very specifically the beliefs of those who disapprove of Obama. Specifically "75% consider radical Muslims to be the bigger terrorist threat." What groups(s) make up the other 25%?

Here is the actual text of the article whereas many people are too lazy to click a link and read.

--------
Half of all voters consider radical Muslims the bigger terrorist threat facing the nation, but supporters of President Obama consider the Tea Party to be as big a danger.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 51% of Likely U.S. Voters consider radical Muslims to be the bigger threat to the United States today. Thirteen percent (13%) view the Tea Party that way, and another 13% consider other political and religious extremists to be the larger danger. Six percent (6%) point to local militia groups. Two percent (2%) see the Occupy Wall Street movement as the bigger terrorist threat.(To see survey question wording, click here.)

However, among those who approve of the presidentís job performance, just 29% see radical Muslims as the bigger threat. Twenty-six percent (26%) say itís the Tea Party that concerns them most. Among those who Strongly Approve of the president, more fear the Tea Party than radical Muslims.

As for those who disapprove of Obamaís performance, 75% consider radical Muslims to be the bigger terrorist threat. Just one percent (1%) name the Tea Party.
Rasmussen

Richmond, KY

#9 Jun 29, 2013
not surprised wrote:
<quoted text>I'm surprised the 26% number isn't higher given the number of lazy democrat poorly educated liberal Obama supporters that expect and live on welfare. They are too IGNORANT to understand the Tea Pary believes in the U.S. Constitution, lower taxes, balancing the budget, strong national defense, rule of law and being self sufficient - taking personal responsibility. Citizens who oppose all that accuse tea party members of predjuice.
Keep smoking that crack pipe!
Rasmussen

Richmond, KY

#10 Jun 29, 2013
not surprised wrote:
<quoted text>I'm surprised the 26% number isn't higher given the number of lazy democrat poorly educated liberal Obama supporters that expect and live on welfare. They are too IGNORANT to understand the Tea Pary believes in the U.S. Constitution, lower taxes, balancing the budget, strong national defense, rule of law and being self sufficient - taking personal responsibility. Citizens who oppose all that accuse tea party members of predjuice.
Wondering, are you including those poorly educated southern white bigot conservatives that always vote Republican on their way to the foodstamp office in your count or are you just showing your own prejudice toward those less fortunate than yourself with your typical right-winged rant? Besides, I like the Tea Party. It ensures Democrat presidents for years to come!
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#11 Jun 29, 2013
Seems Obama is having trouble in the polls himself:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other...
Funnie99

Georgetown, KY

#12 Jun 30, 2013
not surprised wrote:
<quoted text>I'm surprised the 26% number isn't higher given the number of lazy democrat poorly educated liberal Obama supporters that expect and live on welfare. They are too IGNORANT to understand the Tea Pary believes in the U.S. Constitution, lower taxes, balancing the budget, strong national defense, rule of law and being self sufficient - taking personal responsibility. Citizens who oppose all that accuse tea party members of predjuice.
Damn right ! U tell em !!!!
Funnie99

Georgetown, KY

#13 Jun 30, 2013
SNL wrote:
I'm surprised the number isn't higher, too, given the fact that many Tea Partiers are nuttier than squirrel poo. Just look at the two previous posts. Insulting rhetoric, inaccurate, sweeping generalizations and thinly veiled threats toward those who don't follow their agenda does sound a lot like radical Islam, doesn't it?
Get the hell outta here ! That's just crazy talk ! We ain't got time for dat !
SNL

Louisville, KY

#14 Jun 30, 2013
Funnie99 wrote:
<quoted text>
Get the hell outta here ! That's just crazy talk ! We ain't got time for dat !
Umm...you know they make decaf Ale8, right?

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#15 Jun 30, 2013
Guilt by association. The TeaParty are just hired thugs for the wealth terrorists, so that makes them terrorists.

Only 26 percent?
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#16 Jun 30, 2013
WDRussell wrote:
Guilt by association. The TeaParty are just hired thugs for the wealth terrorists, so that makes them terrorists.
Only 26 percent?
You are an idiot.

Along with that, I'm sure from your post you are a welfare sucking Socialist bent on destroying America. That makes you a terrorist.
Funnie99

United States

#17 Jun 30, 2013
SNL wrote:
<quoted text>Umm...you know they make decaf Ale8, right?
Ur shittin me ?
Funnie99

United States

#18 Jun 30, 2013
WDRussell wrote:
Guilt by association. The TeaParty are just hired thugs for the wealth terrorists, so that makes them terrorists.

Only 26 percent?
Ur a dumb ass !
Funnie99

United States

#19 Jun 30, 2013
WDRussell wrote:
Guilt by association. The TeaParty are just hired thugs for the wealth terrorists, so that makes them terrorists.

Only 26 percent?
Oh and I bet u suck pee pee's !
Rasmussen

Clay City, KY

#20 Jun 30, 2013
driver1 wrote:
I was really hoping to have a civil discussion as to how ANYONE can believe the tea party is more dangerous than islamic terrorists. I know the left loves to label conservatives right wingers and extremists, but the poll suggests that a good portion of obama supporters are nut cases with a screwed up sense of reality.
HERE"S YOUR ANSWER DRIVER__________"The Tea Party is a movement organized around fervent opposition to 'economic tyranny' and people 'not like us,'" Berlet notes.

With extremist white-supremacist and militia groups reportedly infiltrating the Tea Party, the threat of physical violence directed toward immigrants and other "outsiders" is becoming more serious. Berlet, unlike some on the left, is very scrupulous about the use of the term "fascist." He emphatically states that the Tea Party is not fascist at this time, but warns that it clearly projects some critical elements of the traditional fascist appeal. Berlet noted, "It's built around the myth of a true heartland and the 'real people'óhistorically, they've been white people defending their power and privilege against those lower on the economic scale. The Tea Party is about apocalyptic scapegoating, and reordering society to expel the people who 'don't belong'.".......... GUESS HE"S TALKING ABOUT YOU!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Doug tate (Jul '09) 5 hr Really 31
Jessica JJ crawley 7 hr mlky 4
Amy brumett 7 hr king pin 2
guy named mud puddle 7 hr meme 1
Cari simpson 7 hr funny 4
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Harrodsburg, KY (May '12) 12 hr anita 96
emily hurst 15 hr true dat 4
Harrodsburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Harrodsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]