DLB

Lexington, KY

#1 Oct 15, 2012
I need an electrician, does anyone have any referrals? I have called all listed in yellow pages in Harrodsburg and Danville. They schedule an appointment and don't show, or they say they will call back and don't, or ask to be called back, and don't answer phone. I have been doing this for three weeks, and still no electrician.
I am your guy

Danville, KY

#3 Oct 15, 2012
i do electric work and if you need a master my uncle is tell me what you need.
DLB

Lexington, KY

#4 Oct 16, 2012
I am your guy wrote:
i do electric work and if you need a master my uncle is tell me what you need.
First off, the issue is in a manufactured home in Danville. The right side of the front of the home does not work. The outlets and the wall switches do not work at all. How can I contact you if you are interested?

Since: Oct 12

Baltimore, Maryland

#5 Oct 16, 2012
DLB wrote:
I need an electrician, does anyone have any referrals? I have called all listed in yellow pages in Harrodsburg and Danville. They schedule an appointment and don't show, or they say they will call back and don't, or ask to be called back, and don't answer phone. I have been doing this for three weeks, and still no electrician.
This is not uncommon. Everyone wants to shed crocodile tears about "this economy" but when there's work to be done and money to be earned, they cannot be found. It's the same story with local small businesses. They're open five hours a day, five days a week.... and then wonder why they can't make a buck. Must be Obama's fault!
DLB

Lexington, KY

#6 Oct 16, 2012
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not uncommon. Everyone wants to shed crocodile tears about "this economy" but when there's work to be done and money to be earned, they cannot be found. It's the same story with local small businesses. They're open five hours a day, five days a week.... and then wonder why they can't make a buck. Must be Obama's fault!
I had the same problem a few years ago trying to get a backhoe operator to do septic system, and no one ever showed, or returned calls. Could be a case of who you are, I'm not from here and really don't know many people.

Baltimore, Maryland

#7 Oct 16, 2012
DLB wrote:
<quoted text>
I had the same problem a few years ago trying to get a backhoe operator to do septic system, and no one ever showed, or returned calls. Could be a case of who you are, I'm not from here and really don't know many people.
Who you are? Is your money any different than anyone else's?
I am your guy

Danville, KY

#8 Oct 16, 2012
My name is Allen i can be reached at Neal__10@hotmail.com
Make sure

Harrodsburg, KY

#9 Oct 16, 2012
Whoever you get, make sure they have a license. If they are a one man show, they by law have to have Master's & Contractor's license. And should be able to produce a Certificate of Insurance paper to you. Don't take a chance of someone burning your house down and not being qualified or insured. You might even find out who the Electrical Inspector is in Danville. Ask him who he would recomend. Just a friendly word of advise.

Baltimore, Maryland

#10 Oct 16, 2012
I'm actually a journeyman electrician, but I've been out of the trade for years. I'm no longer insured or bonded, so it's not a project that I would want to do.

The previous poster is 100% right.
DLB

Lexington, KY

#11 Oct 17, 2012
Thanks for the info. I work for a contractor in Lexington, and very aware of the license and insurance issues. I know electricians in Lex, but was hoping to give someone close to home a little work. I appreciate the help. I may take the suggestion and check with inspector, I have a listing for all counties in state. Thanks again

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
does anyone know jessica drake, I knew her when... 2 hr YtwoK 2
Scott Wright 6 hr Contractor 28
Leslie Simpson and terry grin bins 8 hr Hows this 8
Jessica JJ crawley 8 hr truth 10
Apple market 9 hr about time 9
Dead Beat Mothers 10 hr Sad 1
marriage and engagements 13 hr RECCCoooon 10
More from around the web

Harrodsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE