First Prev
of 4
Next Last
gary

Lebanon, KY

#62 Jul 15, 2013
Gus Gamble wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's be fair here. Martin was no little boy. It was Zimmerman who ended up with a broken nose and cuts on the back of his head. The media has hoped that we would duped into believing that Zimmerman was a hate filled racist who wanted to seek out and kill an innocent little boy.
This possible set of events is just as logical as yours. Zimmerman sees a suspicious stranger on a dark and rainy night. He knows that there has been a lot of break-ins in the community. He calls the police station. The dispatcher tells me not to follow him and that he will send the cops. Zimmerman, being a watch captain decides to keep an eye on the stranger until the police come since he was moving around. Martin challenges Zimmerman and hits him in the face breaking his nose and knocking him down. Martin then gets on top of Zimmerman and begins to pound his head into the sidewalk.
I think that it should be clear to all that Martin was no little boy. In fact, Martin would probably have thought that the word boy was a racial slur. Let's just say that Martin had some behavior problems. He could have been the aggressor. The jury though that was the case. They heard the evidence.
First off I didn't say he was a little boy, I said a young boy.im sure a lot of parents on topix have kids at the age of 17 and believe me would agree that this is a young age to be losing a child.just because u see someone that looks suspicious doesn't give u the right to go follow and question someone. hell I dont know how many break ins we have had on my street, but do I go and follow everyone that walks by at night, NO. just like I said before, if he had done what the police said, stay in you suv, a young child life wouldn't have been taken, and your innocent Zimmerman wouldn't have gotten his head beaten.
Eyeball Chambers

Harrodsburg, KY

#63 Jul 15, 2013
gary wrote:
<quoted text>First off I didn't say he was a little boy, I said a young boy.im sure a lot of parents on topix have kids at the age of 17 and believe me would agree that this is a young age to be losing a child.just because u see someone that looks suspicious doesn't give u the right to go follow and question someone. hell I dont know how many break ins we have had on my street, but do I go and follow everyone that walks by at night, NO. just like I said before, if he had done what the police said, stay in you suv, a young child life wouldn't have been taken, and your innocent Zimmerman wouldn't have gotten his head beaten.
Young boy, little boy same difference. You have fallen for the media twist. The media wanted all of us to see Martin as a 13 year old. They did not want to show the gold teeth and the tatooes. Just as you cannot judge Zimmerman to be a cop wanta be, racist, cold blooded killer, you cannot blame Martin's past for the death. What you have to do is,FIRST realize that a young man has died. That is tragic. Second, you cannot jump to conclusions about either person. A couple of things are true: If Zimmerman had stayed in his car Martin would still be alive. And, if Martin had simply went home instead of attacking Zimmerman, he would still be alive. That is all we know. The rest is spin provided by the news media. But, there is one more thing that we do know: pistol packing is a a danger to both the packer and those near him or her. More young blacks are murdered by guns by other blacks than any other cause of death of black kids 15 to 20. The American society should work together to stop this carnage.

You seem to be a sensible guy. There is probably a young man in Harrodsburg who needs the guidance of an adult male. Be that male. That would be a wonderful way to remember Martin.
Universal Translator

Lexington, KY

#64 Jul 15, 2013
Eyeball Chambers wrote:
<quoted text>
Young boy, little boy same difference. You have fallen for the media twist. The media wanted all of us to see Martin as a 13 year old. They did not want to show the gold teeth and the tatooes. Just as you cannot judge Zimmerman to be a cop wanta be, racist, cold blooded killer, you cannot blame Martin's past for the death. What you have to do is,FIRST realize that a young man has died. That is tragic. Second, you cannot jump to conclusions about either person. A couple of things are true: If Zimmerman had stayed in his car Martin would still be alive. And, if Martin had simply went home instead of attacking Zimmerman, he would still be alive. That is all we know. The rest is spin provided by the news media. But, there is one more thing that we do know: pistol packing is a a danger to both the packer and those near him or her. More young blacks are murdered by guns by other blacks than any other cause of death of black kids 15 to 20. The American society should work together to stop this carnage.
You seem to be a sensible guy. There is probably a young man in Harrodsburg who needs the guidance of an adult male. Be that male. That would be a wonderful way to remember Martin.
Translation: "Tattoos are scary! Even more so on black people."
The truth

Chicago, IL

#65 Jul 15, 2013
All I got to say is if the south would have won we would have it made and none of this nonsense would b going on
tick-tock

Lexington, KY

#66 Jul 15, 2013
Eyeball Chambers wrote:
<quoted text>
Trayvon Martin didn't have gold teeth and had one tattoo on his upper arm. Hardly something that is rare or uncommon among 17 year old boys now days.
common sense

Livingston, KY

#67 Jul 16, 2013
tick-tock wrote:
<quoted text>
Trayvon Martin didn't have gold teeth and had one tattoo on his upper arm. Hardly something that is rare or uncommon among 17 year old boys now days.
I did see a picture of him on TV with gold teeth. Maybe there were not real, I have no idea....
Eyeball Chambers

Harrodsburg, KY

#68 Jul 16, 2013
Universal Translator wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: "Tattoos are scary! Even more so on black people."
No, gang tattoos are scary. I have seen Martin's tattoos. I am not an expert on gang tattoos. It has been claimed that Martin's tattoos were gang inspired. I don't know. I know this. There is a gang inspired/rap inspired image of an inner city punk. The look is prized by some. If a parents wants to protect their kid, I would advise them to suggest clean tattoos, eliminate the hoodie, and hike up the pants, especially on dark nights.
tick-tock

Lexington, KY

#69 Jul 16, 2013
Eyeball Chambers wrote:
<quoted text>
No, gang tattoos are scary. I have seen Martin's tattoos. I am not an expert on gang tattoos. It has been claimed that Martin's tattoos were gang inspired. I don't know. I know this. There is a gang inspired/rap inspired image of an inner city punk. The look is prized by some. If a parents wants to protect their kid, I would advise them to suggest clean tattoos, eliminate the hoodie, and hike up the pants, especially on dark nights.
So you're saying that Zimmerman could see Martin's tattoo on his upper arm? "It has been claimed that Martin's tattoos were gang inspired." - by who? You?
Eyeball Chambers

Harrodsburg, KY

#70 Jul 16, 2013
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
I did see a picture of him on TV with gold teeth. Maybe there were not real, I have no idea....
Martin did have gold teeth. None of us personally knew Martin. We do not know Zimmerman. We are not in a position to know about either's personality. Many bought the media's spin which made Martin appear to be an innocent 13 year old and Zimmerman a savage wanta be cop, racist white Hispanic. IMO, neither is true.

Of what importance are the gold teeth? Perhaps none. Perhaps much. There is a perception about the in your face, hip hop/prison culture which appears to attracts young blacks and frightens both black and white adults. The uniform features do rags, sagging pants, exposed rear ends, hoods hiding the face,and gold teeth. Not every young man who dresses like this is a punk, but that is the impression that they make. So why do they do it? Maybe because they are punks. Maybe because they want to people to think that they are punks, or maybe they just like the look.

So they now show Martin's gold teeth. Now we know that Martin was much more mature that his 13 year old picture. His past suggests some problems and his look suggest that he might have bought into the gangsta culture. But we don't know. It is just as fair to jump to conclusions about Martin as it is to jump to conclusions about Zimmerman. Or to look it another way, it is just as unfair to jump to conclusions about Martin as it is to jump to conclusions about Zimmerman.
tick-tock

Lexington, KY

#71 Jul 16, 2013
Eyeball Chambers wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin did have gold teeth. None of us personally knew Martin. We do not know Zimmerman. We are not in a position to know about either's personality. Many bought the media's spin which made Martin appear to be an innocent 13 year old and Zimmerman a savage wanta be cop, racist white Hispanic. IMO, neither is true.
Of what importance are the gold teeth? Perhaps none. Perhaps much. There is a perception about the in your face, hip hop/prison culture which appears to attracts young blacks and frightens both black and white adults. The uniform features do rags, sagging pants, exposed rear ends, hoods hiding the face,and gold teeth. Not every young man who dresses like this is a punk, but that is the impression that they make. So why do they do it? Maybe because they are punks. Maybe because they want to people to think that they are punks, or maybe they just like the look.
So they now show Martin's gold teeth. Now we know that Martin was much more mature that his 13 year old picture. His past suggests some problems and his look suggest that he might have bought into the gangsta culture. But we don't know. It is just as fair to jump to conclusions about Martin as it is to jump to conclusions about Zimmerman. Or to look it another way, it is just as unfair to jump to conclusions about Martin as it is to jump to conclusions about Zimmerman.
What an idiot! Here's a close up picture of his dead face with his mouth open. Where are the terrifying gold teeth? http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/07/trayvon-mar...

Zimmerman had been arrested for assaulting a police officer, had complaints from homeowners about his aggressive methods, and was the subject of a EPO. Now he's being investigated for sexual abuse.
Maybe a lot of people agree with you, but when I read what you write, you sound like a chicken-shit racist coward to me.
just me

United States

#72 Jul 20, 2013
Just like Guy on TV asked : where were all these protesters when o.j. Simpson was aquitted?

Since: Oct 12

Baltimore, Maryland

#73 Jul 20, 2013
just me wrote:
Just like Guy on TV asked : where were all these protesters when o.j. Simpson was aquitted?
There were several protests and vigils when OJ was found not guilty. I remember them well.
Pants on the ground

United States

#74 Jul 21, 2013
Maybe Martin should have had his pants pulled up and not dressed like a Jedi and he wouldn't have looked so guilty
True

United States

#75 Jul 21, 2013
Pants on the ground wrote:
Maybe Martin should have had his pants pulled up and not dressed like a Jedi and he wouldn't have looked so guilty
Couldnt have said it better myself
Eyeball Chambers

Harrodsburg, KY

#76 Jul 22, 2013
tick-tock wrote:
<quoted text>
What an idiot! Here's a close up picture of his dead face with his mouth open. Where are the terrifying gold teeth? http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/07/trayvon-mar...
Zimmerman had been arrested for assaulting a police officer, had complaints from homeowners about his aggressive methods, and was the subject of a EPO. Now he's being investigated for sexual abuse.
Maybe a lot of people agree with you, but when I read what you write, you sound like a chicken-shit racist coward to me.
Re: chicken blab blab blab

My prose is logical. Your prose is emotional and rooted in bias.

Here is a question for you. Reverse the situation. Martin is the adult watch captain. Zimmerman is the 17 year old. Martin's nose is broken and the back of his head is cut and bleeding. The jury finds MARTIN GUILTY. Same evidence, same circumstances. Would you be as outraged as you appear to be with the Zimmerman verdict? Would you go into a rage about how many black men are in prison and how the judicial system is rigged against black men?

We have to confront these issues. Obama talks about profiling. Of course there is profiling. We see a parade of black criminals on our TV. Cities like LA, Detroit and Chicago are killing grounds. The criminals are what plants seeds of suspicion into the heads of both black and white profilers. Want to stop it? Work on the crime.

Call me racist if you like. But the truth is this: The Civil rights movement freed blacks from the horrible culture that treated the entire race as second class citizens. Now, if a black person is educated and ambitious there are opportunities undreamed of by past generations. There are examples galore of successful black people, in fact, so many that the excuse of race that many leaders preach are proven blatantly false. The other side of that coin is that part of our young black kids are being raised in fatherless homes and are supported by welfare. Too many inner-city schools are substandard and too many young blacks think that education is a white thing. Gangs are the only family that too many young blacks have. I would love to see that change. Without change the only future for many inner-city blacks is early death or jail.

I conclude any real change must come from within the black community. If I am wrong, what is your solution.
common sense

London, KY

#77 Jul 22, 2013
Eyeball Chambers wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a question for you. Reverse the situation. Martin is the adult watch captain. Zimmerman is the 17 year old. Martin's nose is broken and the back of his head is cut and bleeding. The jury finds MARTIN GUILTY. Same evidence, same circumstances. Would you be as outraged as you appear to be with the Zimmerman verdict? Would you go into a rage about how many black men are in prison and how the judicial system is rigged against black men?
We have to confront these issues. Obama talks about profiling. Of course there is profiling. We see a parade of black criminals on our TV. Cities like LA, Detroit and Chicago are killing grounds. The criminals are what plants seeds of suspicion into the heads of both black and white profilers. Want to stop it? Work on the crime.
Call me racist if you like. But the truth is this: The Civil rights movement freed blacks from the horrible culture that treated the entire race as second class citizens. Now, if a black person is educated and ambitious there are opportunities undreamed of by past generations. There are examples galore of successful black people, in fact, so many that the excuse of race that many leaders preach are proven blatantly false. The other side of that coin is that part of our young black kids are being raised in fatherless homes and are supported by welfare. Too many inner-city schools are substandard and too many young blacks think that education is a white thing. Gangs are the only family that too many young blacks have. I would love to see that change. Without change the only future for many inner-city blacks is early death or jail.
I conclude any real change must come from within the black community. If I am wrong, what is your solution.
I agree with what you say. I think getting rid of morons like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would be a great way to start. I honestly believe morons like these want racism alive and well in this country.
Universal Translator

Cincinnati, OH

#78 Jul 25, 2013
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with what you say. I think getting rid of morons like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would be a great way to start. I honestly believe morons like these want racism alive and well in this country.
Translation: "I too am afraid of black people."
Stephen Colbert

Cincinnati, OH

#79 Jul 25, 2013
Eyeball Chambers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey look, I'm talking to you! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/24/colb...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I am now a Democrat 14 min Vader 11
hitachi boys (Sep '08) 3 hr LOL 141
zack lay an meagen sims 6 hr well 22
rebeka white 7 hr shiny 1
kay smith 9 hr Ginger 4
Trump breaks record 11 hr Party of Lincoln 3
Native American Web Page removed 11 hr Party of Lincoln 18

Harrodsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance