What will happen if Zimmerman is freed?
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#21 Jul 11, 2013
Funnie99 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with fear ? If u ain't scared ur dead !
I guess we can't all be badasses like u !!!
He's not a badass. He can be as brave and talk as much crap from behind a computer screen as he wants.
common sense

Manchester, KY

#23 Jul 11, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and you're one of them. You also have an infantile understanding of self defense laws. I would also point out that Zimmerman was not a security guard and there is no law against walking on a sidewalk in the middle of the night, regardless of the weather. Nor does being a smartass justify being shot.
I dont believe he was shot for being a smartass. He was shot for banging someones head off the concrete...

Since: Oct 12

Baltimore, Maryland

#24 Jul 11, 2013
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not against the law to get out of your truck. It has been testimony that GZ was on his way back to his truck when TM jumped from the bushes and confronted him.
How did GZ know TM was unarmed? He didn't. It's dark, your in a fight and losing badly. Did he fear for his life? Evidently. It has been testimony from prosecution witnesses that this was a justifiable response to fear. It's called the fight or flight response. Kinda hard to run when someone is on top beating you.
When and from who did this testimony come from that TM jumped out of the bushes while GZ was on his way back to his truck? Was this an eye-witness account?
Eye Ball Chambers

Harrodsburg, KY

#25 Jul 11, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
They seethe?
You can't claim self-defense when you are the aggressor. It's very hard to justify deadly force against an unarmed person.
Example. I see you coming out of Walmart. I walk up to you and slap you. You punch me in the face. I shoot you. I cannot claim self-defense.
Example. Me and you are in a bar. We exchange words and you tell me to step outside. We go outside and fight. It soon becomes obvious you're getting your ass kicked so you shoot me. I'm unarmed and you were in it as much as I was. You can't claim self defense.
The use of deadly force as self defense has always been hard to justify when the person you kill is unarmed and not invading your home. In the bigger picture, deadly force is what's on trial here.
They seethe????Yes, they seethe. Uneducated and little hope for work. Born to out of wedlock parents and raised without the guidance of a father. Raised on welfare in a public housing project. Into drugs and crime. Crips and Bloods and other gangs are the closest thing to family. That is the picture of way too many inner city youth. Crime and murder are so common that another death in major cities makes a ripple on the conscious of America.
The only reason why we know about this case is that the media decided to make it front page news. They began by labeling Zimmerman a WHITE Hispanic and the Today Show edited the 911 tape in an effort to paint Zimmerman as a racist. Martin was pictured as a nice, sweet 13 year old and Zimmerman as a racist, want to be cop who was seeking a young black to slaughter. Obama weighed in and compared Martin to his daughters. Death and destruction, if it comes out of this trial lies directly on the shoulders of the media.

Baltimore, Maryland

#26 Jul 11, 2013
Powerful closing argument today by the prosecution.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/crime...
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#27 Jul 11, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
When and from who did this testimony come from that TM jumped out of the bushes while GZ was on his way back to his truck? Was this an eye-witness account?
You need to educate yourself prior to commenting on the subject don't you think?

Baltimore, Maryland

#28 Jul 11, 2013
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to educate yourself prior to commenting on the subject don't you think?
No I'm asking you again. Since Zimmerman did not testify and there were no eyewitnesses, who testified that TM jumped from the bushes? Is this another question for you that you cannot and will not answer?
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#29 Jul 11, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
No I'm asking you again. Since Zimmerman did not testify and there were no eyewitnesses, who testified that TM jumped from the bushes? Is this another question for you that you cannot and will not answer?
All you have to do is review the testimony of the prosecution witnesses. I'm not going to do your work for you.

Baltimore, Maryland

#30 Jul 11, 2013
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
All you have to do is review the testimony of the prosecution witnesses. I'm not going to do your work for you.
That's correct. A police officer testified that George Zimmerman claimed that Trayvon Martin jumped out of the bushes. Then he couldn't remember if he jumped out in front of him or behind him and it also appears that no bushes are at that location.

And isn't it true that the prosecution used George Zimmerman's statements against him due to their inconsistencies?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/nor...

Yet of course you believe him. That's why Nutz could not be a more perfect name.
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#31 Jul 11, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
That's correct. A police officer testified that George Zimmerman claimed that Trayvon Martin jumped out of the bushes. Then he couldn't remember if he jumped out in front of him or behind him and it also appears that no bushes are at that location.
And isn't it true that the prosecution used George Zimmerman's statements against him due to their inconsistencies?
Yet of course you believe him. That's why Nutz could not be a more perfect name.
And the defense used inconsistencies in many witnesses statements against them.

Do you have a point?

I don't know what happened and neither do you. The prosecution has to prove this beyond a reasonable doubt. Most experts think they haven't.

Baltimore, Maryland

#32 Jul 11, 2013
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
And the defense used inconsistencies in many witnesses statements against them.
Do you have a point?
I don't know what happened and neither do you. The prosecution has to prove this beyond a reasonable doubt. Most experts think they haven't.
So if the jury convicts, what excuse will you use? I'm sure you already have one picked out. The "media already had the case tried" seems like a popular one.
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#33 Jul 11, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
So if the jury convicts, what excuse will you use? I'm sure you already have one picked out. The "media already had the case tried" seems like a popular one.
That's our system. It's not perfect, but it's the best in the world.

I think it is more political than media based. I think this judge has handed the defense numerous errors for this case to be reversed on appeal. She has bent over backwards for the prosecution. Her latest bonehead move was asking him if he was going to testify. Has she ever heard of the Fifth Amendment?

What will your excuse be if he is acquitted?

Baltimore, Maryland

#34 Jul 11, 2013
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
That's our system. It's not perfect, but it's the best in the world.
I think it is more political than media based. I think this judge has handed the defense numerous errors for this case to be reversed on appeal. She has bent over backwards for the prosecution. Her latest bonehead move was asking him if he was going to testify. Has she ever heard of the Fifth Amendment?
What will your excuse be if he is acquitted?
You do realize that in Florida, the accused must verbally state to the court that he or she does not wish to testify? I don't believe this is done in front of the jury. The reason for this is if he says "Yes." the judge will again warn him or her of their right to remain silent and their presumption of innocence. Judges in district court do that here when someone wants to testify.

I would say that the prosecution did not meet its burden of proof and failed to convince the jury if he is found not guilty. Personally, I'm predicting manslaughter.
Oh Well

United States

#35 Jul 11, 2013
Stand your ground... The judge was way out of line when she started asking George, about if he wanted to testify, lawer kept objecting and she got irritated and spouted back to lawyer and she was so wrong,,,Reason,,, the defense was not finished,,,and why should he testify?? His side of the event had already been told a number of times so why keep repeating the same story? And digger George was absolutely the security for the neighborhood and drove around looking out for everyone, had been numerous breakin's previous and the prosecutor today was a complete andutter dickhead. wait till defense goes on tomorrow, hope they chew him up and spit him like a plug of molded tobacco.
Oh Well

United States

#36 Jul 11, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
Well here goes Digger telling everyone how wrong they are that he knows what is gonna happen, we can all speculate and hope for the best for George, I believe him and and I think he is telling the truth no matter how small his injuries, his head was being bashed on the concrete, we wait and hope. guess digger hopes he will get murder one, don't you Dig

Baltimore, Maryland

#37 Jul 11, 2013
Oh Well wrote:
<quoted text> guess digger hopes he will get murder one, don't you Dig
That's not even possible.

As for Don West, I would have held him in contempt of court and put him in jail for 182 days. That judge is far too lenient.
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#38 Jul 12, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that in Florida, the accused must verbally state to the court that he or she does not wish to testify? I don't believe this is done in front of the jury. The reason for this is if he says "Yes." the judge will again warn him or her of their right to remain silent and their presumption of innocence. Judges in district court do that here when someone wants to testify.
I would say that the prosecution did not meet its burden of proof and failed to convince the jury if he is found not guilty. Personally, I'm predicting manslaughter.
You do realize you don't have a clue how Florida cases work. Are you a practicing attorney in Florida? Didn't think so.
You are partially correct on how district judges do it here.
Eye Ball Chambers

Harrodsburg, KY

#39 Jul 12, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and you're one of them. You also have an infantile understanding of self defense laws. I would also point out that Zimmerman was not a security guard and there is no law against walking on a sidewalk in the middle of the night, regardless of the weather. Nor does being a smartass justify being shot.
I was not there and neither was you. We do know that Martin was on top and pounding Zimmerman's head into the concrete. Zimmerman's injuries prove that.

Was Martin a smart ass? Signs point to yes. But was he being a smart ass who attacked Zimmerman from behind?

Zimmerman was not a security guard but he was a watch captain in a gated community which had a history of break ins and other crime by young blacks. We are subjected to black crime every day on out TV. Just this AM a Lexington TV station ran a story of the arrest of 5 or 6 blacks for heroin and another black who was jailed for murder. This drum beat could make a person like Zimmerman suspicious of a man who resembled the criminals that we see every day and caused him to profile...yes profile him and follow him until the police came. If Martin was a smart ass, he could have easily been angered by surveillance and attacked.

I am not saying that this is what happened. I am saying that this is a possibility just as much as it is a possibility that Zimmerman could have been a wanta be cop with racist tendencies who had a thrust to kill the first young black man that he found.
Funnie99

Richmond, KY

#40 Jul 12, 2013
Eye Ball Chambers wrote:
<quoted text>I was not there and neither was you. We do know that Martin was on top and pounding Zimmerman's head into the concrete. Zimmerman's injuries prove that.

Was Martin a smart ass? Signs point to yes. But was he being a smart ass who attacked Zimmerman from behind?

Zimmerman was not a security guard but he was a watch captain in a gated community which had a history of break ins and other crime by young blacks. We are subjected to black crime every day on out TV. Just this AM a Lexington TV station ran a story of the arrest of 5 or 6 blacks for heroin and another black who was jailed for murder. This drum beat could make a person like Zimmerman suspicious of a man who resembled the criminals that we see every day and caused him to profile...yes profile him and follow him until the police came. If Martin was a smart ass, he could have easily been angered by surveillance and attacked.

I am not saying that this is what happened. I am saying that this is a possibility just as much as it is a possibility that Zimmerman could have been a wanta be cop with racist tendencies who had a thrust to kill the first young black man that he found.
Are u shittin me ? That man look like GSP had just finished him off after three rounds ! That kid was beatin a grown mans ass ! Everybody knows it was self defense ! He shot him because the kid was gonna try to take the gun from him and shoot him ! My views aren't racist or anything else it's just plain old common sense ! It's people like you and digger that complicate matters to the point where we end up with a circus like we have right now !
Universal Translator

Lexington, KY

#41 Jul 12, 2013
Eye Ball Chambers wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not there and neither was you. We do know that Martin was on top and pounding Zimmerman's head into the concrete. Zimmerman's injuries prove that.
Translation: "Black people scare me."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Confederate Memorial 32 min Taosoldier 8
Heather KING (May '15) 1 hr Heather king Gil... 18
Allen Goldie 3 hr Fed Up 1
Are transgenders normal 9 hr 2 cents 14
Walmart is the worst 22 hr Wineo 7
Hitachi Thirsty Girls Wed AJJ 10
Pam at Walmart Wed Widham 39

Harrodsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance