What will happen if Zimmerman is freed?

Posted in the Harrodsburg Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Eyeball Chambers

Harrodsburg, KY

#1 Jul 10, 2013
Will there be calm? Will there be riots? Will gang bangers exact revenge on some poor white kid? Will some of the anger be directed at the slaughter of young blacks in cities all across this country?
Will responsible black men become mentors to young black men, such as Travon Martin?

How will supporters of Zimmerman react if he is found guilty of murder?

Since: Oct 12

Baltimore, Maryland

#2 Jul 10, 2013
Eyeball Chambers wrote:
Will there be calm? Will there be riots? Will gang bangers exact revenge on some poor white kid? Will some of the anger be directed at the slaughter of young blacks in cities all across this country?
Will responsible black men become mentors to young black men, such as Travon Martin?
How will supporters of Zimmerman react if he is found guilty of murder?
Either way, people will complain and debate about it on social media and Topix. This will persist for a few months, and then something else will come along.
Funnie99

Richmond, KY

#3 Jul 10, 2013
I know if I lived anywhere near that shit I would be packin a gun in every pocket and an AR on my back !

Baltimore, Maryland

#4 Jul 10, 2013
Funnie99 wrote:
I know if I lived anywhere near that shit I would be packin a gun in every pocket and an AR on my back !
Well that's because you're scared of your own shadow.
Eyeball Chambers

Harrodsburg, KY

#5 Jul 10, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's because you're scared of your own shadow.
I am not going to arm myself to the teeth. I am lucky that I do not live in a city like Miami, Chicago, Detroit or East Saint Louis. African Americans seethe in those locations. Some of their problems are beyond them and some are self inflicted.

I don't know if there will be riots if Zimmerman is freed, but if I lived in any big city I would watch where I went. That is not cowardice, just common sense.

I very much doubt that Zimmerman will walk. The evidence seems to point to him acting in self defense. The pressure to convict weighs heavy on the jury. The media has pushed this case and the media has decided who is guilty. Will the jury be swayed by the attention brought to this case and the predictions, again by the media that there will be hell to pay if Zimmerman walks?

Baltimore, Maryland

#6 Jul 10, 2013
Eyeball Chambers wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not going to arm myself to the teeth. I am lucky that I do not live in a city like Miami, Chicago, Detroit or East Saint Louis. African Americans seethe in those locations. Some of their problems are beyond them and some are self inflicted.
I don't know if there will be riots if Zimmerman is freed, but if I lived in any big city I would watch where I went. That is not cowardice, just common sense.
I very much doubt that Zimmerman will walk. The evidence seems to point to him acting in self defense. The pressure to convict weighs heavy on the jury. The media has pushed this case and the media has decided who is guilty. Will the jury be swayed by the attention brought to this case and the predictions, again by the media that there will be hell to pay if Zimmerman walks?
They seethe?

You can't claim self-defense when you are the aggressor. It's very hard to justify deadly force against an unarmed person.

Example. I see you coming out of Walmart. I walk up to you and slap you. You punch me in the face. I shoot you. I cannot claim self-defense.

Example. Me and you are in a bar. We exchange words and you tell me to step outside. We go outside and fight. It soon becomes obvious you're getting your ass kicked so you shoot me. I'm unarmed and you were in it as much as I was. You can't claim self defense.

The use of deadly force as self defense has always been hard to justify when the person you kill is unarmed and not invading your home. In the bigger picture, deadly force is what's on trial here.
diggerette

Harrodsburg, KY

#7 Jul 10, 2013
If he is freed, he will not go to jail:)

Baltimore, Maryland

#8 Jul 10, 2013
diggerette wrote:
If he is freed, he will not go to jail:)
Now who can argue with that?
Oh Well

United States

#9 Jul 10, 2013
My opinion, its not deadly force, Zimmerman was doing his job,,,saw a suspicious person,,,,,Had been previous breakins,,, he kept watching him and wanted to know about his business, the florida law is u can protect urself if being attacked and u fear for ur life..... the law is SELF DEFENSE then u have the right to shoot them, and when he had Zimmerman on the sidewalk pounding his head and going for his gun, so u know the rest of the story,,,it is called Fla, self defense Maybe it will be over tomorrow.

Baltimore, Maryland

#10 Jul 10, 2013
Oh Well wrote:
My opinion, its not deadly force, Zimmerman was doing his job,,,saw a suspicious person,,,,,Had been previous breakins,,, he kept watching him and wanted to know about his business, the florida law is u can protect urself if being attacked and u fear for ur life..... the law is SELF DEFENSE then u have the right to shoot them, and when he had Zimmerman on the sidewalk pounding his head and going for his gun, so u know the rest of the story,,,it is called Fla, self defense Maybe it will be over tomorrow.
"saw a suspicious person" - what about him was "suspicious"?

"he kept watching him and wanted to know about his business" - so if I see you walking on the sidewalk I can follow you, come up to you and demand to know about your business? Can I then hold you there if you refuse to tell me or try to leave?

I suppose it's all what the jury believes. One thing that you can't dispute is if Zimmerman had stayed in his truck like the police dispatcher told him to do, Trayvon Martin would be alive today and George Zimmerman wouldn't be on trial.

I am curious when shooting an unarmed man became a badge of honor. I guess I'm old enough to remember when it was the trait of a coward.
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#11 Jul 10, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
"saw a suspicious person" - what about him was "suspicious"?
"he kept watching him and wanted to know about his business" - so if I see you walking on the sidewalk I can follow you, come up to you and demand to know about your business? Can I then hold you there if you refuse to tell me or try to leave?
I suppose it's all what the jury believes. One thing that you can't dispute is if Zimmerman had stayed in his truck like the police dispatcher told him to do, Trayvon Martin would be alive today and George Zimmerman wouldn't be on trial.
I am curious when shooting an unarmed man became a badge of honor. I guess I'm old enough to remember when it was the trait of a coward.
Another thing you can't dispute is that if Martin had not confronted Zimmerman he would still be alive.

It was a terrible tragedy that could have been avoided by both parties. If Martin had shot Zimmerman, we would not be having this conversation. Sad, but true.

Young people all over America die from violence daily. If not for the media wh**res Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson, we wouldn't know about this senseless act of violence. They feign outrage over this tragedy and ignore most of the rest.

Baltimore, Maryland

#12 Jul 10, 2013
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
Another thing you can't dispute is that if Martin had not confronted Zimmerman he would still be alive.
I think it's pretty clear that it was Zimmerman who got out of his truck against the suggestion of the police dispatcher, followed Martin, and confronted him about what he was doing lawfully walking through "his" neighborhood. The shit quickly got too deep for Mr. Zimmerman and he had to resort to shooting an unarmed man.

Baltimore, Maryland

#13 Jul 10, 2013
Dennis Baxley-R, Florida state representative had this to say about Zimmerman and the "stand your ground" law he helped to sponsor.

“There’s nothing in this statute that authorizes you to pursue and confront people, particularly if law enforcement has told you to stay put. I don't see why this statute is being challenged in this case. That is to prevent you from being attacked by other people.”

Read his words here:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/03/21/tra...
Oh Well

United States

#14 Jul 10, 2013
Not a trait of a coward here and he don't get a badge of honor He used self defense in a case of kill or be beaten to a pulp.His job Asecurity guard for the neighborhood to protect and keep things from happening, we can debate from here to eternity I don't think this was a malice, its self defense and its tragic I would have done the same. H wanted to know why he was running and out in a pouring rain, had he not been a smart ass and answered he would still be here,Everyone needs to carry a akc to protect themselves, all kinds of nuts and evil out there.......

Baltimore, Maryland

#15 Jul 10, 2013
Oh Well wrote:
Not a trait of a coward here and he don't get a badge of honor He used self defense in a case of kill or be beaten to a pulp.His job Asecurity guard for the neighborhood to protect and keep things from happening, we can debate from here to eternity I don't think this was a malice, its self defense and its tragic I would have done the same. H wanted to know why he was running and out in a pouring rain, had he not been a smart ass and answered he would still be here,Everyone needs to carry a akc to protect themselves, all kinds of nuts and evil out there.......
Yeah and you're one of them. You also have an infantile understanding of self defense laws. I would also point out that Zimmerman was not a security guard and there is no law against walking on a sidewalk in the middle of the night, regardless of the weather. Nor does being a smartass justify being shot.

Baltimore, Maryland

#16 Jul 10, 2013
And and yes, shooting an unarmed man is the trait of a coward especially when you start it.
Funnie99

Chicago, IL

#17 Jul 10, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>Well that's because you're scared of your own shadow.
What's wrong with fear ? If u ain't scared ur dead !
I guess we can't all be badasses like u !!!
Funnie99

Chicago, IL

#18 Jul 10, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
And and yes, shooting an unarmed man is the trait of a coward especially when you start it.
If TM had been able to get GZ gun away from him he would have shot him dead ! He was a thug ass punk that was nothing but trouble ! I guarantee you that he was into some shit and was on his way back from doing it !
Hope

Lexington, KY

#19 Jul 10, 2013
Not guilty!
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#20 Jul 11, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's pretty clear that it was Zimmerman who got out of his truck against the suggestion of the police dispatcher, followed Martin, and confronted him about what he was doing lawfully walking through "his" neighborhood. The shit quickly got too deep for Mr. Zimmerman and he had to resort to shooting an unarmed man.
Not against the law to get out of your truck. It has been testimony that GZ was on his way back to his truck when TM jumped from the bushes and confronted him.

How did GZ know TM was unarmed? He didn't. It's dark, your in a fight and losing badly. Did he fear for his life? Evidently. It has been testimony from prosecution witnesses that this was a justifiable response to fear. It's called the fight or flight response. Kinda hard to run when someone is on top beating you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Easterling Trial 2 hr Citizen 15
Mercer schools 8 hr School daze Mammy 75
Zachary Lay (Apr '16) 18 hr Joe18 114
Alvin buck and christy sallee Thu Jack 4
Vote for the STUPID Thu Clown tracker 3
Hitachi Wed Citizen 7
Support the Russians. Vote Democrats Wed check 7

Harrodsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance