Does anyone know who commited suicide...

Does anyone know who commited suicide on Oregon Rd Friday

Posted in the Harrodsburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
J Mccrystal

Danville, KY

#1 Mar 22, 2009
Does anyone know who commited suicide on Oregon rd
when

United States

#2 Mar 22, 2009
No, but I heard someone did, Do you know when it was?
J Mccrystal

Danville, KY

#3 Mar 22, 2009
This past Friday
iheard

Anderson, SC

#4 Mar 23, 2009
it was a Paula (not sure of last name)...she was a psychologist/attorney. A realator found her in a barn.
oregon

Kansas City, KS

#5 Mar 23, 2009
was it her farm?? which end of oregon?
questionable

Hazard, KY

#6 Mar 23, 2009
Why would somebody in her profession want to do something like that? A psychologist has to be a pretty stable person to help others and keep them from doing the same thing she did. If you were going to kill yourself you would be referred to a psychologist! Sounds like some fowl play.
Nah

Winchester, KY

#7 Mar 23, 2009
questionable wrote:
Why would somebody in her profession want to do something like that? A psychologist has to be a pretty stable person to help others and keep them from doing the same thing she did. If you were going to kill yourself you would be referred to a psychologist! Sounds like some fowl play.
I'm a good listener and talk to people about their problems pretty often, but it doesn't mean I'm a happy person. I've considered blowing out my brains many times.
notatall

United States

#8 Mar 23, 2009
TO QUESTIONABLE: She left a suicide note which stated she had issues and was not happy with her life. You're right though; a psychologist is someone WE go to with our problems, but they are as prone to have problems as the rest of us. Maybe they feel that because they are the psychologist, they have no one above them to turn to with their own problems.
Confused

Mount Sterling, KY

#9 Mar 25, 2009
someone told me it was murder but I don't know. so was suicide or murder? just wondering
Just read the Obits

United States

#10 Mar 25, 2009
http://web1.lovinghonors.com/cgi-bin/CompanyI...

Dr. Paula Raines

Visitation:
Funeral Service: Sunday, March 29th at her home.
Interment:

Dr. Paula Raines , 57

Dr. Paula Raines died at home on March 20. She was a brilliant, wonderful and fascinating woman who touched the lives of everyone she met and cared deeply for those around her. Paula was both a practicing attorney and a teacher of Juris Prudence and served as a trial consultant, mediator and administrative hearing officer. Also a practicing Psychologist, she worked with corporations and non-profits, conducting workshops and coaching clients while maintaining a private practice. She presented training and keynote speeches throughout the USA and parts of Europe, was well published, and renown as a leading expert in the use of Enneagram in the workplace. Paula was also a talented artist and poet. Loving nature and all its blessings, her life was filled with beauty and adventure.

She is survived by her parents, Dr.Paul A. and Muriel Raines of Morehead; 3 sisters: Joan Raines-Phillips of Lawrenceburg, Donna Wallace of Bellingham, MA, and Elise Scully of Lexington; 3 brothers: Keith Raines of Lawrenceburg, Lloyd Raines of Anchorage, AK, and Craig Raines of Morehead; as well as many, many friends and family members who loved her deeply and take comfort in the joy and blessing of having shared her life.

A celebration of remembering will take place on Sunday, March 29th at her home. In lieu of flowers, please send donations to the ASPCA or your local humane society.
Gillian

Portales, NM

#11 Oct 17, 2010
I just learned of this. I am sad beyond words. Paul was a person who helped me so much. When I needed legal help, she gave it to me and waited for years until I could pay. She was indeed someone special, and I am sorry that she was unable to find another way out of her trouble (whatever that was).
Gillian

Portales, NM

#12 Oct 17, 2010
iheard wrote:
it was a Paula (not sure of last name)...she was a psychologist/attorney. A realator found her in a barn.
If you are still checking this, I would like to know what happened. I am so sad that she lost her life.
Gillian

Portales, NM

#13 Nov 10, 2010
I will never understand this. I knew Paula, but this is NOT the Paula I knew. Something must have gone terribly wrong. I am sad to think that I will never talk to her again.
SteveL227

Houston, TX

#14 Dec 20, 2010
Gillian wrote:
I will never understand this. I knew Paula, but this is NOT the Paula I knew. Something must have gone terribly wrong. I am sad to think that I will never talk to her again.
Paula was a dear friend of mine for a number of years. We drifted apart, but had periodic contact through 2007-2008. I didn't find out about her 2009 death until months afterwards. I did talk to on of her close friends and discovered she had been going through a number of physical and health challenges. She also was facing some very hard financial challenges, no doubt influenced by the financial meltdowns of late 2008 for some of her clients. This friend of Paula's told me that she was quite a different person in her last few months. In a really sad note, just a week after her suicide, a MAJOR client of hers had decided (no knowing of her death) to renew a lucrative consulting contract with her. This would have given her substantial income, and may have made a difference to her decisions. We will all miss her.
watch dog

Palm Desert, CA

#15 Dec 20, 2010
notatall wrote:
TO QUESTIONABLE: She left a suicide note which stated she had issues and was not happy with her life. You're right though; a psychologist is someone WE go to with our problems, but they are as prone to have problems as the rest of us. Maybe they feel that because they are the psychologist, they have no one above them to turn to with their own problems.
maybe she got tired of listening to everybody's problems and drama
Gillian

Portales, NM

#16 Apr 22, 2011
Thanks for your response. Paula was an incredible lady. Years ago when, for personal reasons, I decided to change my name, Paul represented me and waited almost 10 years until I could pay her. I am glad that I paid her (plus the interest that I decided to add on). I am deeply saddened to learn of her passing. I wish that I could have been there to reach out.
SteveL227 wrote:
<quoted text>
Paula was a dear friend of mine for a number of years. We drifted apart, but had periodic contact through 2007-2008. I didn't find out about her 2009 death until months afterwards. I did talk to on of her close friends and discovered she had been going through a number of physical and health challenges. She also was facing some very hard financial challenges, no doubt influenced by the financial meltdowns of late 2008 for some of her clients. This friend of Paula's told me that she was quite a different person in her last few months. In a really sad note, just a week after her suicide, a MAJOR client of hers had decided (no knowing of her death) to renew a lucrative consulting contract with her. This would have given her substantial income, and may have made a difference to her decisions. We will all miss her.
Gillian

Portales, NM

#17 Mar 5, 2012
After all this time, I still don't understand. It is so sad. I would have liked to have had the chance to say goodbye.
Mee

Jasper, IN

#18 Mar 6, 2012
Gillian wrote:
After all this time, I still don't understand. It is so sad. I would have liked to have had the chance to say goodbye.
We are all sorry you lost someone you cared about, we all have been there. I lost my mom 2 years ago, and it sucks. You have to get over it and move on, dwelling on the past only tears you down. Obviously she was a selfish person to take her own life and not care about how her death would effect the people who loved her. I understand being depressed, beleive me I grew up in harrodsburg but suicide is never the thing to do. Move on Gillian she aint coming back.
Joan

Lexington, KY

#19 Mar 8, 2012
Gillian wrote:
Gillian, I truly appreciate you still thinking of my sister. For some reason, I was missing her tonight and happened on this forum. Yes, to an earlier post, suicide is a very selfish act. Paula acknowledged this in her last letter. The pain never ends for those of us left behind. Nor do the questions, confusions, and feelings of guilt. Some days I am so mad I want to scream. Other days I want to cry and hide away. But mostly I follow the path I have chosen, find joy in what life offers, and am honored and glad to have known the best parts of someone who chose to leave us too soon. Thanks for your caring.
Marita

Bliss, NY

#20 Apr 21, 2012
Joan, I am so terribly sorry about your loss. I was a friend of Paula's--we traveled from Kentucky to Memphis for Jungian studies together every month for a year in the early 1990's. We share interests in psychology, astrology and the enneagram. She was the most generous friend and mentor to me. Paula talked about you and your son to me all the time on those long drives. If there is ever an opportunity, I would appreciate being able to talk to you. Thank you. My email is mkdelaney2001@yahoo.com.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What can be cut from schools 11 min Vote Democrat 2018 9
Woman passed tonight at Haggin hospital 4 hr Donnie 4
if ur woman is text this morning works at a Mex... 19 hr Cause u was nasty... 3
Justin Randolph (Jun '09) 21 hr Lolololol 7
Caitlin Deaton 21 hr Curious 1
Blue ribbon deli Wed MisterChef 2
Drugs in the area (May '16) Tue Getting to the truth 16

Harrodsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance