old hhs football field
alumni

Harrodsburg, KY

#1 Jul 25, 2014
whats going on with the old harrodsburg high school football field? why are they spending that kind of money there?
Really

United States

#2 Jul 25, 2014
Cheaper to fix that field than to build a new track football/ soccer field by the new hs. Where have you been? This has been discussed several times at Board mtgs, the LPC and in the paper. Some alumni you are. Stay informed.
Well

Clay City, KY

#3 Jul 25, 2014
Figured it was those dudes putting in the new gas lines. They have torn most of Harrodsburg's streets and sidewalks up. Figured they may as well tear up the rest of Town while they were at it.
Inside Source

Lexington, KY

#4 Jul 27, 2014
Really wrote:
Cheaper to fix that field than to build a new track football/ soccer field by the new hs. Where have you been? This has been discussed several times at Board mtgs, the LPC and in the paper. Some alumni you are. Stay informed.
Anna, it's so nice of you to keep the community informed of all the behind the scenes information concerning the school system with your wealth of knowledge about everyone and everything.
Really

Jersey City, NJ

#5 Jul 27, 2014
Inside Source wrote:
<quoted text>
Anna, it's so nice of you to keep the community informed of all the behind the scenes information concerning the school system with your wealth of knowledge about everyone and everything.
I didn't say anything about behind the scenes. This information is public knowledge. I keep informed because I'm a tax payer and parent of Mercer co. I would hope that you would want to know.
Red

Harrodsburg, KY

#7 Jul 28, 2014
Academics hu gotta have the grades to play.
Really

Brooks, KY

#8 Jul 28, 2014
Academics not sports wrote:
I am not against sports, but this school system needs to realize that it what goes on in the class room and not the athletic fields that really counts. The Mercer County School System had pitiful scores on last year's state academic tests. That should be the big challenge for the Mercer County schools, not big bucks for improvements on a track on the campus that the school system just vacated. The goal should be to get rid of the old Harrodsburg Campus and not investing hundreds of thousands of dollars on a track located there. The Mercer County School board seems hell bent on making stupid decisions.
Read my earlier post!
Really

Franklin, IN

#11 Jul 30, 2014
Academics not sports wrote:
<quoted text> Within a year or two Mercer County will move to rid itself of the old Harrodsburg High School office building and they will want to build a central office on the Mercer County High School Campus. At that time the entire old Harrodsburg campus will be unused and will be in need of disposal. Money spent on the track will be wasted. A wiser investment would have been to place it on the present high school campus. But the bigger point is that this school system is hell bent on athletics. I simply say that academics should be first. No school can perform this poorly on state tests and claim to be heavily invested in academics. You don't want to hear that? Parents should demand more, but I expect many of them are influenced by watered down report cards.
if you look at the last years Board mtg notes and the LPC, i would bet, the next move is for Pre school and kindergarten to MCES and the Central office, day treatment and mercer central to Harlow. If you call the supt or finance officer and look at past Board notes... It was cheaper to re model the lex st track than to build new.
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#12 Jul 30, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text> if you look at the last years Board mtg notes and the LPC, i would bet, the next move is for Pre school and kindergarten to MCES and the Central office, day treatment and mercer central to Harlow. If you call the supt or finance officer and look at past Board notes... It was cheaper to re model the lex st track than to build new.
If they went by the LPC, Harlow would have been closed. The Board completely ignored that suggestion and did what they had planned to do all along.
Really

Franklin, IN

#13 Jul 30, 2014
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
If they went by the LPC, Harlow would have been closed. The Board completely ignored that suggestion and did what they had planned to do all along.
From what i saw, the lpc presented a plan, the board suggested another plan. The lpc discussed and majority voted for a plan to close the lex st campus. So in the end, the board approved a plan voted and approved by the lpc. Nutz

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fort Harrod 7 min Tina 2
Ryan at Wausau 3 hr Brady 6
Need some HEAD today, please:) 6 hr chrissy 13
The "Rebel Flag" parade yesterday 7 hr really 33
Anyone heard of or recommend Epic K-9 12 hr Simms 2
Lee Mcginnis 20 hr whatever 3
When are they going to fix... 22 hr 2cents 7
More from around the web

Harrodsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE