First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Thank You

Danville, KY

#1 Jun 26, 2009
Is he still a judge in Harrodsburg? I think he is a very sweet and understanding person! I never got the chance to thank him for all the things he did to help my family before we moved.
Thunder

Harrodsburg, KY

#2 Jun 27, 2009
As far as I know he is still the judge in the burg.
R U Serious

Richmond, KY

#3 Jun 27, 2009
He's a dang good judge...fair, honest, compassionate, and administers justice in a professional manner. He controls the environment & keeps order.
you betcha

Harrodsburg, KY

#4 Jun 27, 2009
plus hes got that built in anger indicator. if he starts turning red you better pack your toothbrush. i agree vthough very fair
respect

Harrodsburg, KY

#5 Jun 27, 2009
judge dotson is the best judge this town has ever seen i have been in his court a lot and i have been treated fair every time. he is very understanding and will listen to everything u have to say. he will show u the respect u show him but i will say that if u show any type of bad additude watch out cause bcdb u will go and i am a recovering addict and i owe my life to him cause he understood how bad of a problem i had and he was willing to help me as much as he could.i thing that we need more good people like him in tthe justice system and less high strung cops like we have in this town
He Is Awesome

Harrodsburg, KY

#6 Jun 27, 2009
He believes in being fair and treating everyone fair equal.He is a awesome judge and a role model for our children.
justthinkin

Carrollton, KY

#7 Jun 27, 2009
I agree with everything said. He also has a sweet wife and little boy. She has a good personality and helps out in the community. There is always a good woman behind a good man.
grateful

Manchester, KY

#8 Jul 26, 2009
mr. dotson, i hope you see this.i want to thank you with all my heart and soul for saving my daughter life.i as a mother could never say send my daughter to jail. but you did you save her when all else failed.if it had,nt been for you my daughter would, nt be here to day. also judge pecker,richrard bottoms thank you.my daughter is back and off drug thanks to 3 good men.she is my daughter and not someone i did,nt know.you 3 gave her life back,all the darkest is gone .as a mother you never give up on your child you stand beside them thought thick and thin.thanks to 3 good men in mercer co.my daughter lives. this mother will aways grateful.i no longer live in harrodsburg but if i did my vote would be all the way for top 3 men.thanks again this mother will never for get 3 heros.when i had know one eles to help you 3 and god was there.
Henry VI

Harrodsburg, KY

#9 Jul 26, 2009
He Is Awesome wrote:
He believes in being fair and treating everyone fair equal.He is a awesome judge and a role model for our children.
He can also cook up a FINE steak!
good

United States

#10 Jul 28, 2009
He is a great judge
never a lone

Manchester, KY

#11 Jul 29, 2009
the best .
good wrote:
He is a great judge
David

Danville, KY

#12 Jul 29, 2009
respect wrote:
judge dotson is the best judge this town has ever seen i have been in his court a lot and i have been treated fair every time. he is very understanding and will listen to everything u have to say. he will show u the respect u show him but i will say that if u show any type of bad additude watch out cause bcdb u will go and i am a recovering addict and i owe my life to him cause he understood how bad of a problem i had and he was willing to help me as much as he could.i thing that we need more good people like him in tthe justice system and less high strung cops like we have in this town
Which ones do you think are high stung and could you give examples?

Since: Jul 08

Harrodsburg Kentucky

#13 Jul 29, 2009
David wrote:
<quoted text>Which ones do you think are high stung and could you give examples?
The worst judge as far as being arrogant, rude, and in the end, ignorant was Judge Harrod in Lawrenceburg.

He did not give people the option of a jury trial. If they plead not guilty he would just schedule them for a bench trial. Although I must say he mentioned the right to a jury trial prior to the arraignments, he just never asked them what they wanted. During a trial for speeding, he allowed the state trooper to sit with the prosecutor who asked the trooper questions and then pointed on the citation what she wanted him to say. When the accused was questioning the trooper, the judge took a phone call.

He argued with me unsuccessfully that there was a fee to expunge a charge that had been dismissed. Of course the prosecutor and the clerk were no wiser. I had to show them from the Kentucky Revised Statutes and this incensed them. He threatened to throw me in jail for contempt for pointing out his mistake.

He tried to run for circuit court judge and lost. This just made him more ornery. He was rotten to the core.
Inmate 4129642

Winchester, KY

#14 Jul 30, 2009
David wrote:
<quoted text>Which ones do you think are high stung and could you give examples?
Go to Lincoln Circuit Court and watch. A good judge is fair and even tempered. Both sides will win and loss, though not in equal measure. If you notice that, for example, in criminal cases that the prosecution always wins their motions, that might be an indicator that something is amiss. It would appear that a lot of judges are more concerned with looking good than seeking justice. Sadly most have the simple equation in their head that says agree with prosecution = reelection.

That being said, I agree that Judge Dotson is an excellent district court judge. He's there to hold people accountable for their actions, not be anyone's friend. I respect that and hope never to appear in front of him as a defendant.
grateful

East Bernstadt, KY

#15 Jul 30, 2009
mr. dotson, is not about who you know and how much power or money you have.and does,nt care who you are. he is a honest man the best judge that ever hit mercer co. to me.i as a mother have a lot of respect for this man. he doesn,t care if you are big, little,poor,rich.. or small,he treats everyone the same .
Debby

United States

#16 Jan 4, 2013
I think he's the cats meow ! Good Man, Good judge , Good person.
Old

Butler, KY

#17 Jan 5, 2013
Agree he is as good as any I have ever been to court at and saw work.
Arcon

United States

#18 Jan 5, 2013
seems like he does take a real interest in ppls lives. Its good to have someone like that on the bench.
wow it is

Danville, KY

#19 Jan 5, 2013
Bart McQueary wrote:
<quoted text>
The worst judge as far as being arrogant, rude, and in the end, ignorant was Judge Harrod in Lawrenceburg.
He did not give people the option of a jury trial. If they plead not guilty he would just schedule them for a bench trial. Although I must say he mentioned the right to a jury trial prior to the arraignments, he just never asked them what they wanted. During a trial for speeding, he allowed the state trooper to sit with the prosecutor who asked the trooper questions and then pointed on the citation what she wanted him to say. When the accused was questioning the trooper, the judge took a phone call.
He argued with me unsuccessfully that there was a fee to expunge a charge that had been dismissed. Of course the prosecutor and the clerk were no wiser. I had to show them from the Kentucky Revised Statutes and this incensed them. He threatened to throw me in jail for contempt for pointing out his mistake.
He tried to run for circuit court judge and lost. This just made him more ornery. He was rotten to the core.
and this has to do with judge dotson
milk man

United States

#20 Jan 5, 2013
wow it is wrote:
<quoted text>
and this has to do with judge dotson
its digger Trying to draw a little attencion, to himself. No one cares.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mink brothers 35 min john 3
Aunt T Histimine 1 hr hmmmm 2
Harrodsburg "Police" (Oct '15) 6 hr Just so you know 37
Who is Megan Spain? 7 hr riverrat 1
What happened to the thread about the murder on... 7 hr Really 60
wausau a big orgie 9 hr just sayin 7
Zachary Lay 10 hr A concerned famil... 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harrodsburg Mortgages