E Montgomery steak house New Years flop
Haha

Winchester, KY

#21 Jan 3, 2013
The WHOLE place is a joke. They ran off all the good help. And I should know I worked there. Karma bit ches !
Keep it old

Harrodsburg, KY

#22 Jan 3, 2013
Confused wrote:
<quoted text>
Harrodsburg has and will never change. I have lived here off and on for 45 yrs. The reason it is "not allowed" to change is because the families/names who monopolized this town do not allow capitolism/competition for the money to go any where but in their pockets. Reeds, Dedmans, Colemans, Landrums, McCloud, to mention a few. They did not want Corp. Outside growth to take any potential income from their peaseants. It has never been about the people of Harrodsburg, but the greety folks who's families were lucky enough years ago to be able to start a businees here, that has kept H-burg from growing.
Unlike other towns, Harrodsburg does not grow. There is a reason for that. The reason for this is simple. Tourism is king here. Beaumont Inn is the reason. A Dedman runs the tourist commission. The tourist commission collects food taxes from local resturants and much of that money goes to promote Beaumont Inn. A Dedman is chairman of Harrodsburg First. A Dedman runs Harrodsburg Trust, an agency which promotes historic buildings which are big in the tourist business. A Dedman is Chairman of Harrodsburg First, an agency which promotes downtown Harrodsburg. When there was a Drama here a Dedman was always chairman of that. Until this chain is broken Harrodsburg will continue to be backwards and quaint, the very thing which holds the city of Harrodsburg back and pushes money to Beaumont Inn. ARE THE DEDMANS BAD PEOPLE? No, they are fine and generous people. The fault does not lie with them. It lies with those who are elected to serve Harrodsburg and Mercer County. These are the people who grant the power to control. Why blame people who simply use a good thing?
ADD

Winchester, KY

#23 Jan 3, 2013
Come on this topic is about the steakhouse, don't side track the conversation. Lets talk about how bad the place has got since they fired all the good employees. Also Tracy is out of her league, she has no place in the restraunt buisness, she has no clue what it takes to run a restraunt.
grrr

Tucker, GA

#24 Jan 3, 2013
That blonde bartender needs to go. She is the rudest paerson ive ever met! Ramona is her name.
radio flyer

Wayland, KY

#25 Jan 3, 2013
Well the city govt and commissions bent over backwards to let this place open. Danville zoning turned them down. So the screwed up local politicians have a hand in this place's failure. The restaurant never should have opened in the first place.
Commissioneer

Harrodsburg, KY

#26 Jan 3, 2013
radio flyer wrote:
Well the city govt and commissions bent over backwards to let this place open. Danville zoning turned them down. So the screwed up local politicians have a hand in this place's failure. The restaurant never should have opened in the first place.
Take your radio and fly your sorry butt out of here! Your ole lady sure likes hanging out there. haha
Think so

Harrodsburg, KY

#27 Jan 3, 2013
Maybe Toby Keith should come to Harrodsburg and buy out Eddie's Steakhouse. He's obviously able to make his restaurants work and succeed. LOL!
annette

United States

#28 Jan 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
I hope everyone got there money refunded back. I would be pissed off..
you are so Right..! When I was 14 yrs old , I swear to the almighty , I knew that I was gettin out of this depressing , drab ass place.. I knew at a young age I HAD to get out but I was so young ! I , like others, did leave at 19. So glad I did. I came back cos family was dying and then another etc.
annette

United States

#29 Jan 3, 2013
I don't like saying but I HAD a feeling it wouldn't last long. Its always been that way but Ive not been able to put my finger on what is the PROBLEMS @ here ?? There has never been any place to shop.. Only 2 grocery stores & Walmart Dosent keep stocked that well & Kroger is so small. Its always been depressing & I know ppl that commited suicide. They got stuck here for different reasons an just couldn't take it no more !
haha

Harrodsburg, KY

#31 Jan 4, 2013
am I wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought he sold to RJ Corman? Nothing he can do now if this is true.
Last I heard it was his sister. If it is may it be a valuable lesson to him. Never hire family unless you can fire family.
abecee

United States

#32 Jan 4, 2013
radio flyer wrote:
I'm afraid I have to agree. Had a feeling it would not be a great success.
abecee

United States

#33 Jan 4, 2013
grrr wrote:
That blonde bartender needs to go. She is the rudest paerson ive ever met! Ramona is her name.
So, there's been a high turnover there ?
Keep it old

Harrodsburg, KY

#34 Jan 4, 2013
You r write wrote:
<quoted text>
You are exactly right!!!
Compare towns as they were 40 years ago and you will find that Harrodsburg was much the same as others such as Winchester, Georgetown, Bardstown, Stanford, etc. These town have become more modern with modern stores and resturants. Harrodsburg not only has not modernized, it has regressed. We have lost our clothing stores and downtown has become a place of government buildings and consigment shops. But Harrodsburg is the historic, pioneer town and those in control aim to keep it that way. That is very good for people in the tourist business, but not so good for those of us who must live in a past centered town.
Ole Bass Turd

Richmond, KY

#35 Jan 4, 2013
Wasn't the mayor at the time Eddie's was proposed here a relative of Mr. Montgomery? Maybe that was the reason the town commisioners bent over for this flop!
Potential

Winchester, KY

#36 Jan 4, 2013
This whole area has a lot of potential, look at Danville it could be a lot better as far a shoping and eating, but for some reason nothing ever happens, there are a lot of people holding this area back. Make a few road improvements and bring some good food and shopping in, and this would be an ideal bedroom community for Lexington.
Debby

United States

#37 Jan 4, 2013
ADD wrote:
Come on this topic is about the steakhouse, don't side track the conversation. Lets talk about how bad the place has got since they fired all the good employees. Also Tracy is out of her league, she has no place in the restraunt buisness, she has no clue what it takes to run a restraunt.
there is no tourism around here. The old fort but that is all . Zero. Put up the for sale sign for the town on both sides . North and South.
listen

United States

#38 Jan 4, 2013
Well i still say get those sexy bartenders naked and every thing will magically become better in this town. Why do people want to complain about our small town i love it to death.The only time you have to worry about being stuck in traffic is around three or if there is a train. Thats a major plus to me, lex is only 35 to 45 minutes away if you need the big city life just drive over get your fix and come back home and enjoy the quiet. There are so many oppurtunitys for people to start their own buisness here as well. Potential is unlimited but we dont need to be like other cunties we have all we need here except opakaged liqour (which i dont understand) if we want something different we dont have to drive far for it either. Alls i am asking is take a step back and look at this beautifull town and eddies bartenders lol
listen

Lebanon, KY

#39 Jan 4, 2013
*cunties lol i misspelled a lot but i like that one

Since: Oct 12

Baltimore, Maryland

#40 Jan 4, 2013
Listen, listen.... the cow's a pissin.

That really means nothing, but it always makes me chuckle when I hear it.
Debby

United States

#41 Jan 4, 2013
Think so wrote:
Maybe Toby Keith should come to Harrodsburg and buy out Eddie's Steakhouse. He's obviously able to make his restaurants work and succeed. LOL!
I heard Faith Hill & Tim Mcgraw were going to make a surprise visit along with Livin La Vida Loca !! RM ! They shld make it wet & get some good Rock bands around here ! I'm sure that would really go over well ! Ha .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kay smith 5 min GOOD COP 6
Simple girl 7 min Simple girl 3
Jessica crawley 8 min GOOD COP 20
Cari Simpson 21 min ComeOnJohnny 2
rebeka white 3 hr Lol 2
I am now a Democrat 4 hr Trumps my dad 29
cari simpson 5 hr come on fix this ... 13

Harrodsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance