hmmmmmm

Harrodsburg, KY

#1 May 24, 2012
If you write a post about a place, can it be deleted and if so how does that all work? Especially on here?
well

Harrodsburg, KY

#2 May 24, 2012
If you write something that targets people..yes even if you don't include their name and you talk negative someone can report it and get it deleted.
hmmmmmm

Harrodsburg, KY

#3 May 25, 2012
well wrote:
If you write something that targets people..yes even if you don't include their name and you talk negative someone can report it and get it deleted.
ok thank you
hmmmmmm

Harrodsburg, KY

#4 May 25, 2012
well wrote:
ok thanks, can you be blocked from writing a new post as well?
Really

Louisville, KY

#5 May 25, 2012
Only way they could block you is if they blocked your IP address from posting and that's not very effective.

If you post something illegal though they can trace you and charge or sue you.
hmmmmmm

Harrodsburg, KY

#6 May 28, 2012
Really wrote:
Only way they could block you is if they blocked your IP address from posting and that's not very effective.

If you post something illegal though they can trace you and charge or sue you.
cool thanks for the help, I had a friends post disappear and we couldn't figure out how and why, but she can not access topix at all on her pc so they blocked her ass for sure. Lol
dot

Brooklyn, NY

#7 May 28, 2012
who actually removes a post or statement.? Just wondreing. How is it done? I'm new. thank.
yippee

Harrodsburg, KY

#8 May 28, 2012
Topix admins does it. You hit report abuse. then fill it out and send it to them.
dot

United States

#9 May 28, 2012
what is i. P.? Like I said I'm new. If someone calls a person a bad name or says stuf that isnt true is there like a security or like a interne "police"? Sorry if I sound silly but I would like too know.
ip means

Harrodsburg, KY

#10 May 28, 2012
Ip means your IP address. Internet Protocol address. It's the address that links back to your computer in case you do something illegal and its how cops and fbi catch people on the internet.
dot

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#11 May 28, 2012
thanks for the info. I got alot to learn about this stuf. I guess the internet has it good points & bad.
dot

United States

#12 May 29, 2012
is i.p the same for cell phones ?
ip means

Harrodsburg, KY

#13 May 29, 2012
Not 100% sure if it's the same on a cell phone. Either way there's always a way to trace it. Just be good and there's nothing to worry about. I can tell you though that when a Iphone is using the internet on my connection I can see it and it does register as the same ip address.
Really

Louisville, KY

#14 May 29, 2012
Anything that accesses a website does so thru a IP address. The service provider can trace what user it was accessing a site at that time from that address. A attorney or police can request a court order to relinquish that information in cases where illegal posts have been made.

There's been a few high profile cases so far where they've traced users. The cases have ended in huge settlements for the plaintif for false statements made on topix.
hmmmmmm

Richmond, KY

#15 May 30, 2012
Wow I seen a lot of stuff that should be removed from here ( topix) and the one post that tells the truth and informs people that are being treated badly that one post gets removed. Thats just assanide if you ask me. What ever happen to freedom of speech in this country?
Really

Louisville, KY

#16 May 30, 2012
Freedom of speech exists for everyone. Here's the misconceptions.
1. Websites (like topix, or any other forum) are privately owned and the owners are free to moderate topics as they see fit.
2. Freedom of speech does not release you from your liability to follow the law.

If you want true freedom of speech, buy your own site and say whatever you want. You will still be held accountable for any things you write that wrongfully damage a person or is illegal in nature.

Since: May 12

Dhaka, Bangladesh

#17 Jun 1, 2012
http://[kimkardashiantapenews. com]Kim Kardashian is one of the most popular celebraties. She is very popular reality TV star.She got marrried but was divorced as well.

Since: May 12

Dhaka, Bangladesh

#18 Jun 1, 2012
http://[kimkardashiantapenews. com/] Kim Kardashian is an American celebraty and model who is much popular at present in media. Kardashian married basketball player Kris Humphries in 2011. She is also an alpha-socialite star and an famous star of reality TV shows.She was born in California.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angel Briese (Phillips) 2 hr Sad 1
Whatever happen to Angela Cloyd (Apr '09) 3 hr Logan 13
leave bill cosby alone 5 hr Proud To Be Guilty 18
jaylee penix from center st 9 hr mike 1
Storage units at Chimney Rock 10 hr Curious 3
Coach Claunch Sat Really 2
Barb Lanham Holt Sat Blah blah blah 3
Harrodsburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web