Police dog making false postives for ...

Police dog making false postives for drugs

Posted in the Harrodsburg Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mr chocolate bar

Georgetown, KY

#1 Apr 23, 2014
I heard that the cops are using their drug dog in our local schools. Pretty sad when it gives a false positive hit on a 12 year old for a chocolate brownie causing her much embarrassment. Maybe the parents should check into suing the school! When will the invasion of privacy end! The police state is here! Just my opinion.
Mr chocolate bar

Georgetown, KY

#3 Apr 23, 2014
Are you that dense, this young girl had nothing to hide but yet had to suffer embarrassment for nothing! That is the lamest excuse to condone constitutional infringement, If you have nothing to hide, don't worry. Have you forgotten innocent until proven guilty, or are you brainwashed by modern police tactics?
Jethro

United States

#5 Apr 23, 2014
Mr chocolate bar wrote:
Are you that dense, this young girl had nothing to hide but yet had to suffer embarrassment for nothing! That is the lamest excuse to condone constitutional infringement, If you have nothing to hide, don't worry. Have you forgotten innocent until proven guilty, or are you brainwashed by modern police tactics?
Welcome to Obama World. Next thing ya know they will be reading the emailsof private citizens, listening to their phone conversations and confiscate thierfirearms.

Since: Oct 12

Baltimore, Maryland

#6 Apr 23, 2014
Jethro wrote:
<quoted text>Welcome to Obama World. Next thing ya know they will be reading the emailsof private citizens, listening to their phone conversations and confiscate thierfirearms.
Yeah. President Obama is pulling the strings down at the Sheriff's Department.

Courts have ruled that drug sniffing dogs do not violate the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution when used in schools. Here's just one case of several. http://legalclips.nsba.org/2012/02/02/federal...
Bible student

Harrodsburg, KY

#7 Apr 24, 2014
Just because the courts rule on something doesn't make it right. It only makes it the law.
Wow

Harrodsburg, KY

#8 Apr 24, 2014
So having a drug dog come to the school and search a locker of a CHILD isn't right? Guess we better take the DARE program away and just let kids start dealing drugs and smoking joints in class. I'm glad they were there and I hope they continue to go back!
Just to let you know

Harrodsburg, KY

#9 Apr 24, 2014
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. President Obama is pulling the strings down at the Sheriff's Department.
Courts have ruled that drug sniffing dogs do not violate the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution when used in schools. Here's just one case of several. http://legalclips.nsba.org/2012/02/02/federal... -
amendment-rights/
It was actually Harrodsburg City K9, not the Sheriff dept.
Actually

Harrodsburg, KY

#10 Apr 24, 2014
It was Harrodsburg K9, Anderson Co K9 & Boyle Co K9

Baltimore, Maryland

#11 Apr 24, 2014
Actually wrote:
It was Harrodsburg K9, Anderson Co K9 & Boyle Co K9
And I do believe, according to the Sheriff Department's page that it was carried out under the supervision of the MCSD. The point is that it's absurd to blame President Obama because the local law enforcement agency did a sweep for drugs in the public school. An action that has been ruled constitutional and therefore legal.

And for the life of me I can't understand why it is "wrong." I suppose that goes back to Mercer County's broken moral compass that I discussed back in 2012. http://www.topix.com/forum/city/harrodsburg-k...
humm

Danville, KY

#12 Apr 24, 2014
I 100% support the use of drug dogs in the school. When I send my child to school I expect them to learn English, math, etc not the price of this pill or that joint. Maybe you've been out of school to long to know how much drug activity actually goes on in the schools and if the dog only catches one that's at least one more taken care of. When I was in school I knew of plenty of students who worked for the big drug dealers in town and why not it was easy money especially if you were one of the "popular" kids who could convince your fellow classmates it was the cool thing to do. So instead of bashing the police department for one incident support them for actually standing up to the drug heads for our kids.
Traveling through

Paducah, KY

#13 Apr 24, 2014
Old story I heard about something that happened almost 30 years ago. Bunch of kids got fed up with the law and school officials doing drug sweeps in their school with a dog. Mutt did a lot of false positives. A lot of kids got strip searched. So a bunch of girls got a little pot, brewed it into a tea, put it in perfume bottles, and then discreetly sprayed it on everything in the school. Teacher's coats, the principal's coat, anywhere and everywhere, squirt here squirt there. The narco mutt went berzerk!
Mr chocolate bar

Georgetown, KY

#14 Apr 24, 2014
The local law enforcement have proven time and again that they cannot be trusted with the "moral compass" around our children. The ACLU has something to say on this subject at this link; https://aclu-wa.org/blog/drug-sniffing-dogs-s... . Again for those who can't read or understand this is about false positives and the effects it has on innocent children. And yes the courts kowtow to the police lobbies and allow these constitutional infringements on the way to the full implementation of the police state! Brought to you local area by the plutocracy we now live in!

Baltimore, Maryland

#15 Apr 24, 2014
Mr chocolate bar wrote:
The local law enforcement have proven time and again that they cannot be trusted with the "moral compass" around our children. The ACLU has something to say on this subject at this link; https://aclu-wa.org/blog/drug-sniffing-dogs-s... . Again for those who can't read or understand this is about false positives and the effects it has on innocent children. And yes the courts kowtow to the police lobbies and allow these constitutional infringements on the way to the full implementation of the police state! Brought to you local area by the plutocracy we now live in!
You sound like that guy that lived here who used to run to the ACLU every time he got a fart crossways. You give up a certain degree of privacy when you go into a public school. Just like when you go into an airport or a courthouse or visit someone in prison.

If this did in fact happen, the girl's parents are welcome to file a federal lawsuit in Lexington. I'm not sure what her damages are, but they're welcome to file and waste their money.
Mr chocolate bar

Georgetown, KY

#16 Apr 24, 2014
Mr Bart you have used the ACLU many times, don't try to act as you haven't. The key word in your argument is "certain" not all! The courts ruled for searching lockers and back packs but not allowing dogs to sniff a person or the air around that person. And because the courts have sided against the constitution on this matter still doesn't make it right.
Hmmm

Harrodsburg, KY

#17 Apr 24, 2014
Mr chocolate bar wrote:
Mr Bart you have used the ACLU many times, don't try to act as you haven't. The key word in your argument is "certain" not all! The courts ruled for searching lockers and back packs but not allowing dogs to sniff a person or the air around that person. And because the courts have sided against the constitution on this matter still doesn't make it right.

So when your child gets hooked on drugs and you find out it came from another student at school you won't be upset? I think you actually might change your tune there sir. You need to open your eyes and see the police department is actually doing good with sending a drug dog it.
Mr chocolate bar

Georgetown, KY

#18 Apr 24, 2014
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
So when your child gets hooked on drugs and you find out it came from another student at school you won't be upset? I think you actually might change your tune there sir. You need to open your eyes and see the police department is actually doing good with sending a drug dog it.
Doing good in what way? Creating an atmosphere of suspicion in an educational environment? Embarrassing a student over a store bought brownie? I am against drugs both illegal and the ones pushed by the medical professing but I don't believe we should surrender our fought for rights to suspicion. Maybe you should open your eyes!
Carney

Lexington, KY

#19 Apr 24, 2014
Mr chocolate bar wrote:
I guess I should sue the airport because I had to submit to a search when I flew to Portland a few months ago.

Baltimore, Maryland

#20 Apr 24, 2014
Mr chocolate bar wrote:
Mr. Bart? I have my suspicions that's exactly who you are. Maybe you can sic the ACLU on them. Good luck with that. I'd love to hear an argument about reasonable expectation of privacy for the air around you. I guess that eliminates an officer using alcohol on the breath as probable cause.
Mr chocolate bar

Georgetown, KY

#21 Apr 24, 2014

Baltimore, Maryland

#22 Apr 24, 2014
Mr chocolate bar wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ 2013/03/26/drug-sniffing-dogs- unconstitutional-search_n_2956 079.html
"The Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that police cannot bring drug-sniffing police dogs onto a suspect's property to look for evidence without first getting a warrant for a search, a decision which may limit how investigators use dogs' sensitive noses to search out drugs, explosives and other items hidden from human sight, sound and smell."

That was at the front door of a private residence, Bart. Not in a public school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1000 lies by chumper 3 min jredrvhu 7
Barack Obama the Good Years 5 min jredrvhu 36
Sorry harrodsburg drug dealers and user Jason d... 44 min Aunt T Histimine 2
Ronda Hor Rhonda Horn 46 min Aunt T Histimine 8
Daisy and Kuntry 48 min Aunt T Histimine 2
Dr Lynette Stiltner 49 min Aunt T Histimine 29
Robbie and Harvey Hines 10 hr Truth 5

Harrodsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance