Paula Deen not guilty
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Old Joe Clark

Harrodsburg, KY

#1 Aug 25, 2013
Paula Deen has been declared innocent of racial discrimination and the law suit has been dropped. The media and especially the Today Show accused Deen of using the N-word 30 years ago and pushed the claim that she was a racist. The public lynching caused her career to be in tatters.

Now that the charges have been dropped and she is cleared, where is that story? You won't see it.

Regardless of what one thinks of Deen, it is clear that the media has an agenda and that they will invoke it at any opportunity, even if they have to alter the facts if they happen to get in the way of truth.

One of the corner stones of our constitution and bill of rights is the freedom of the press. This important right is being threatened by a press that values agendas over truth. Deen is a good example. They destroyed Deen with a falsehood and will not correct it. Therefore many people have a false opinion that has been clouded by a lie.
Jamey

Avon, CO

#2 Aug 25, 2013
Old Joe Clark wrote:
Paula Deen has been declared innocent of racial discrimination and the law suit has been dropped. The media and especially the Today Show accused Deen of using the N-word 30 years ago and pushed the claim that she was a racist. The public lynching caused her career to be in tatters.
Now that the charges have been dropped and she is cleared, where is that story? You won't see it.
Regardless of what one thinks of Deen, it is clear that the media has an agenda and that they will invoke it at any opportunity, even if they have to alter the facts if they happen to get in the way of truth.
One of the corner stones of our constitution and bill of rights is the freedom of the press. This important right is being threatened by a press that values agendas over truth. Deen is a good example. They destroyed Deen with a falsehood and will not correct it. Therefore many people have a false opinion that has been clouded by a lie.
Thank You ,Joe for putting this on here . They had that lady crying on that show . I enjoyed watching her cooking shows especially when she first came on . It just goes to show ya that you are guity until proven innocent . What a shame . Glad for her .

Since: Oct 12

Baltimore, Maryland

#3 Aug 25, 2013
Old Joe Clark wrote:
Actually the media didn't accuse her of using a racial slur. She admitted using a racial slur. Also she was not "declared innocent." The lawsuit was dropped after a settlement was reached. The judge did not rule that Paula Deen didn't use racial slurs. The judge ruled that a white person (which is who sued Deen) cannot claim damages from racial slurs targeting African-Americans. Also, the lawsuit had nothing to do with what she said 30 years ago. The lawsuit was based on her and her brother's actions recently.

You are terribly, and probably willfully, misinformed. http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/23/showbiz/paula-d...
Old Joe Clark

Harrodsburg, KY

#4 Aug 25, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the media didn't accuse her of using a racial slur. She admitted using a racial slur. Also she was not "declared innocent." The lawsuit was dropped after a settlement was reached. The judge did not rule that Paula Deen didn't use racial slurs. The judge ruled that a white person (which is who sued Deen) cannot claim damages from racial slurs targeting African-Americans. Also, the lawsuit had nothing to do with what she said 30 years ago. The lawsuit was based on her and her brother's actions recently.
You are terribly, and probably willfully, misinformed. http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/23/showbiz/paula-d...
You are wrong. The N-word admission came out because of the lawsuit. Of course, it was stupid for a white person to claim racial discrimination as if they were black. As I wrote, charges were dropped.

But my post was really not about Deen. It is the news media which twists information to conform to what ever agenda they happen to have. Clearly the Today Show was out to get Deen. But then that is nothing new. Mat and his gang edited the Zimmerman/Martin 911 tape in order to make Zimmerman look like a racist.

IMO, it was also stupid to punish Deen for using the Nword 30 years ago. If the Today show thinks that it is important to punish someone who used the N-word 30 years ago, why don't they bring their agenda up to date and go after rap. Rappers use this slur word with impunity as well as other derogatory terms and they are poisoning a generation of young inner city blacks. They Today Show is silent on that.

Baltimore, Maryland

#5 Aug 25, 2013
Old Joe Clark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. The N-word admission came out because of the lawsuit. Of course, it was stupid for a white person to claim racial discrimination as if they were black. As I wrote, charges were dropped.
But my post was really not about Deen. It is the news media which twists information to conform to what ever agenda they happen to have. Clearly the Today Show was out to get Deen. But then that is nothing new. Mat and his gang edited the Zimmerman/Martin 911 tape in order to make Zimmerman look like a racist.
IMO, it was also stupid to punish Deen for using the Nword 30 years ago. If the Today show thinks that it is important to punish someone who used the N-word 30 years ago, why don't they bring their agenda up to date and go after rap. Rappers use this slur word with impunity as well as other derogatory terms and they are poisoning a generation of young inner city blacks. They Today Show is silent on that.
How am I wrong? What in my entire post was incorrect?

Baltimore, Maryland

#6 Aug 25, 2013
Old Joe Clark wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, how did the Today Show "punish" Deen? By reporting it? By giving her a chance to come on the show and give her side of the story? I'm not sure I understand that.
Jamey

Bergenfield, NJ

#7 Aug 25, 2013
Old Joe Clark wrote:
<quoted text>
what's with Matt Laur anyway ? Someone must have found out something about him and he chose Paula Deen to divert attentions or thoughts away from him and I would not be surprised .
Jamey

Bergenfield, NJ

#8 Aug 25, 2013
That 60s something year old lady was so upset and I'm sure she felt bad crying on national television she couldn't contain her hurt or the outrage . I don't think she murdered anyone last I checked .
Old Joe Clark

Harrodsburg, KY

#9 Aug 25, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, how did the Today Show "punish" Deen? By reporting it? By giving her a chance to come on the show and give her side of the story? I'm not sure I understand that.
They reported the law suit as if were the truth. They reported that in a deposition Deen has admitted using the N-word 30 years ago. They took that and ran. They brought Deen to the studio and humiliated her on national TV. It turned out that the woman who claimed that she was discriminated against because of race turned out to be white. Do you think that they Today Show might have investigated that and reported that too. Then there was the harping of a word uttered over a quarter of a century ago. I say again, if the Today show is so upset with the N-word why not go after rap. Rappers use this word and much worse, but I suppose that political correctness forbids the Today Show from digging into this type of overt racism and defaming of women and policemen.

No, the Today Show set out to destroy the woman and then nearly did. Until now they have not apologized or even had a segment stating that the case has been dismissed.

But, again, Deen and the Zimmerman 911 edited tape are only examples of a media that has left the reporting of news and took the route of manufacturing reporting to conform with their agendas.

Frankly, I don't desire to jest with the ignorant. I will not respond to anymore of your posts. Have a nice day.

Baltimore, Maryland

#10 Aug 25, 2013
That was no "big reveal" that the woman was white. If you had followed the case, you would have known that from the beginning. The reported on her lawsuit like they do any other lawsuit. That's why you have to pay attention to the words such as "allegations" and "allegedly."

Furthermore, this case was NEVER over the n-word. It was how she treated her employees. Racial slurs were only one aspect of the hostile environment.

The only reason why the lawsuit was dismissed is because she reached a settlement with the former employee. She was never found "not guilty" whereas that would indicate that she stood trial. So even your headline is wrong. Perhaps you should stick to complaining about black men wearing hoodies?

Why would the Today Show apologize? She admitted under oath that she had used racial slurs. Why does she deserve an apology?

Are you really suggesting that if my wife was black and my boss repeatedly used the n-word in front of me after I have asked him not to, that is A-Okay?

Is this the woman that you want representing your products? These are just the things she admitted to http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/06...

Like most people, you are intentionally misinformed as to why Deen is having the problems that she is having. It is not about what she said decades ago. That only came out after she was already being sued.

Also, are you suggesting that because Chris Rock used the N-word in a stand up comedy act, or a rapper uses it in a song, that I can somehow use that word at work to refer to my black co-workers? I'm not understanding your argument there.

Finally, you are yet to tell me how any of my post was wrong.
Tired of being lied to

Harrodsburg, KY

#11 Aug 25, 2013
Old Joe Clark wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk about changing the 911 call to make Zimmerman look like a fellow who hates black people. How could they do that and get away with it. But then there was the picture of the boy who died which made him look like a little kid. Another thing the TV told us over and over again that the boy bought candy and iced tea. They lied. I looked it up. He bought something called Arizona Watermellon fruit juice cocktail. I read on the computer that the bad kids towns like New Oreleans mix Watermellon stuff with Skittles and something like Robitussin to make something to get high. I do not know if the Martin boy was buying it for that or not, but I do know that the news delibertly lied to us and said that it was tea when it was not. How can the get by with that?

Baltimore, Maryland

#12 Aug 25, 2013
Tired of being lied to wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk about changing the 911 call to make Zimmerman look like a fellow who hates black people. How could they do that and get away with it. But then there was the picture of the boy who died which made him look like a little kid. Another thing the TV told us over and over again that the boy bought candy and iced tea. They lied. I looked it up. He bought something called Arizona Watermellon fruit juice cocktail. I read on the computer that the bad kids towns like New Oreleans mix Watermellon stuff with Skittles and something like Robitussin to make something to get high. I do not know if the Martin boy was buying it for that or not, but I do know that the news delibertly lied to us and said that it was tea when it was not. How can the get by with that?
Arizona is a company that makes tea. Most people are familiar with Arizona Iced Tea. How do you know that they "deliberately lied" and was not just repeating information that was given to them by investigators? How do you know it was not referred to as "A can of Arizona tea?"

Most importantly, what does this have to do with Paula Deen?
Jamey

United States

#13 Aug 25, 2013
why is it The " rap music" is full of that N word and lots of vulgarity and no one does anything . I don't listen to it but i have watched about 20 seconds of video . Sickening . These young women do not care to be lady like . I know its about making a buck . I wish Mrs Deen a wonderful life . Matt Laur needs to be on a show learning how to install commodes.or removing a septic tank'.

Baltimore, Maryland

#14 Aug 25, 2013
Jamey wrote:
why is it The " rap music" is full of that N word and lots of vulgarity and no one does anything . I don't listen to it but i have watched about 20 seconds of video . Sickening . These young women do not care to be lady like . I know its about making a buck . I wish Mrs Deen a wonderful life . Matt Laur needs to be on a show learning how to install commodes.or removing a septic tank'.
You have an excellent point. Now answer me this. How many sponsors and endorsements does 2 Chainz have?
Jamey

United States

#15 Aug 25, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
You have an excellent point. Now answer me this. How many sponsors and endorsements does 2 Chainz have?
The floor is open . You answer it ..good evening .
Tired of being lied to

Harrodsburg, KY

#16 Aug 26, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
Arizona is a company that makes tea. Most people are familiar with Arizona Iced Tea. How do you know that they "deliberately lied" and was not just repeating information that was given to them by investigators? How do you know it was not referred to as "A can of Arizona tea?"
Most importantly, what does this have to do with Paula Deen?
Besides the dead boy was the can. You can google it. It says Arizona watermelon fruit cocktail or something close to that. That ain't tea. If they had gone on the computer they could have found out that the watermelon stuff and skittles mixed with Robitussin would make something they call purple drank and that the people in slums in the south used it to get high. They could have looked at rap and found out that the rappers talk about it a lot. I think that they did not want to say watermelon and that they did not want people to think that the Martin boy may have wanted to use drugs even though he had drugs in his blood. Yes, they lied and they done it on purpose just like they lied about the tape was made when Zimmerman called the cops. They lied about Paula Dean too. It ain't about Dean or Watermelons, or messing with tapes, it is about lying.

Baltimore, Maryland

#17 Aug 26, 2013
Tired of being lied to wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides the dead boy was the can. You can google it. It says Arizona watermelon fruit cocktail or something close to that. That ain't tea. If they had gone on the computer they could have found out that the watermelon stuff and skittles mixed with Robitussin would make something they call purple drank and that the people in slums in the south used it to get high. They could have looked at rap and found out that the rappers talk about it a lot. I think that they did not want to say watermelon and that they did not want people to think that the Martin boy may have wanted to use drugs even though he had drugs in his blood. Yes, they lied and they done it on purpose just like they lied about the tape was made when Zimmerman called the cops. They lied about Paula Dean too. It ain't about Dean or Watermelons, or messing with tapes, it is about lying.
You do realize that these photos were not available from day one? But back to Paula Deen. What did they lie about in regards to her?

By the way, I bought some Sudafed from behind the counter yesterday. I guess it's a good thing no one shot me on the way home. They would have been speculating that I was making meth.
Are You Sure

Harrodsburg, KY

#18 Aug 26, 2013
Come on Digger. Don't be stupid. Read up on this cheap way to make Meth. That Martin boy was not innocent like they made him out to be. If you are going to speak. At least be reasonable. Usually you are. What in hell are you doing now?
Take it from someone that knows about drugs. I do know about drugs. Yes I do.

Baltimore, Maryland

#19 Aug 26, 2013
Are You Sure wrote:
Come on Digger. Don't be stupid. Read up on this cheap way to make Meth. That Martin boy was not innocent like they made him out to be. If you are going to speak. At least be reasonable. Usually you are. What in hell are you doing now?
Take it from someone that knows about drugs. I do know about drugs. Yes I do.
You can make meth with Arizona fruit juice, Skittles, and Robitussin???

Again, what does that have to do with Paula Deen?
Tried of being lied to

Harrodsburg, KY

#20 Aug 26, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
You can make meth with Arizona fruit juice, Skittles, and Robitussin???
Again, what does that have to do with Paula Deen?
I done told you onece. It has nothing to do with Paula Dean. It is lies. The lies about Dean is just one time they lied. Why they lie like this I don't know. I reckon they might not like Dean and want to mess her up or maybe they are hung up on race and they want to use her as a point. You know keep saying she is bad because she said that word a long time ago. It could be that they made like the watermelon stuff was tea because if they said watermelon is might sound like they was racist because some are saying that black people like watermelon and chicken. Or maybe they wanted to make the Martin boy look more innocent and the Zimmerman more bad.

To me it about lying by the news on TV. Now I done told you again. If you don't know by now you are never going to know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Haggin 2 hr linden ave resident 3
one year state sentence for a class d felony (Dec '10) 2 hr Olive 28
Brian Ward - Pedophile 6 hr Wrong person 9
Chris Horn (Jul '15) 8 hr Stanley Tookie Wi... 9
/ Lisa Montgomery 11 hr Friend 2
ABC 123 daycare and learning center (Apr '15) 12 hr My baby boy 23
Alcohol sales are finally here 16 hr Dealio 6

Harrodsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance