Lexington, KY

#41 Oct 31, 2013
facts have a liberal bias!
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#42 Oct 31, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
There's that classic anger we've all come to expect. Yet it would seem that you are without sources. Nor is that what you said. How long till you prop up the straw man of your imaginary tormentor to attack?
I don't believe I see anything here about young people paying high premiums (which is bizarre because the young have a lower premium) to fund Obamacare. Please help!!!!!
http://obamacarefacts.com/costof-obamacare.ph...
So you discount all the reports that the young are paying higher premiums. I provided links of reports, you discount them because you don't want to believe them.

Classic willful ignorance once again. It is disgusting.
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#43 Oct 31, 2013
True American wrote:
Digger owns you guys once again. Your hatred for your president overrides your brain on a lot of facts that get in your way...
<quoted text>
Owned how. News reports, print and television, are reporting it. Guess they all have it wrong with the exception of Bart.

Since: Oct 12

Baltimore, Maryland

#44 Oct 31, 2013
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
So you discount all the reports that the young are paying higher premiums. I provided links of reports, you discount them because you don't want to believe them.
Classic willful ignorance once again. It is disgusting.
Again, please post a link that shows that the Affordable Care Act was to be funded by young people buying high priced premiums according to the law.

Let me quote you again. I said "According to the plan, it's (the ACA) paid for by taking money from other areas.

Then you said: "According to the law, it supposed to be paid for by young adults paying high premiums. Most will pay the $95 penalty instead."

So again, please post a link that shows that the ACA (or Obamacare) is going to be funded by this, according to the law itself. I'm not interested in blogs or editorials in which a writer says that young people will be paying more. I'm asking you to back your claim that this is how the ACA is supposed to be funded.

You know, if you misspoke, you could just say you did and move on. I know that you're too stubborn to do so though.

Baltimore, Maryland

#45 Oct 31, 2013
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
Owned how. News reports, print and television, are reporting it. Guess they all have it wrong with the exception of Bart.
Then you shouldn't have any trouble posting a link that says the ACA was to be funded/paid for by young adults buying high priced premiums.
walker

Harrodsburg, KY

#46 Oct 31, 2013
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#47 Oct 31, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you shouldn't have any trouble posting a link that says the ACA was to be funded/paid for by young adults buying high priced premiums.
I guess coming from the White House is not good enough for you either.

"The White House has made abundantly clear that the Affordable Care Act's success depends largely on getting young, healthy people to sign up for health coverage."

Link:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...

Now, STFU!!!
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#48 Oct 31, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, please post a link that shows that the Affordable Care Act was to be funded by young people buying high priced premiums according to the law.
Let me quote you again. I said "According to the plan, it's (the ACA) paid for by taking money from other areas.
Then you said: "According to the law, it supposed to be paid for by young adults paying high premiums. Most will pay the $95 penalty instead."
So again, please post a link that shows that the ACA (or Obamacare) is going to be funded by this, according to the law itself. I'm not interested in blogs or editorials in which a writer says that young people will be paying more. I'm asking you to back your claim that this is how the ACA is supposed to be funded.
You know, if you misspoke, you could just say you did and move on. I know that you're too stubborn to do so though.
You are the stubborn assh**le of Topix. Protest any soldiers funerals lately?

Baltimore, Maryland

#49 Oct 31, 2013
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the stubborn assh**le of Topix. Protest any soldiers funerals lately?
Again, notice the rage and the need to prop up a straw man to attack.

Baltimore, Maryland

#50 Oct 31, 2013
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess coming from the White House is not good enough for you either.
"The White House has made abundantly clear that the Affordable Care Act's success depends largely on getting young, healthy people to sign up for health coverage."
Link:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...
Now, STFU!!!
Again, please post a link that shows that the Affordable Care Act was to be funded by young people buying high priced premiums **according to the law.***

Baltimore, Maryland

#51 Oct 31, 2013
I said "According to the plan, it's (the ACA) paid for by taking money from other areas.

You are yet to show this. All you have done are post links to opinion pieces which say young people to sign up is needed for the law to succeed. This FAILS to back your claim that this is how ACA is supposed to be funded.

The original point of contention was "Who is going to pay for all of these people getting on Medicaid?"

You said, that according to the law, it was to be paid by young people buying high priced premiums. If that's what the law says, why are you unable to post a link to a source saying so? You would think that you could post a link to the law itself.

Rather you struggle and have to rely on opinion pieces that still do not back up your claim. When frustrated, you hope to throw out a red herring by invoking your old imaginary tormentor.

What is even more bizarre. Under ACA young people can remain on their parents insurance till they are 26. If the law depended on young people to buy insurance to fund it (it even sounds bizarre typing it), why would they do that.

I think it's pretty safe to say that you don't know what you're talking about, much like "Uncle Joe" who thought employer paid benefits were now taxed.

Let's move on.
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#52 Oct 31, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
I said "According to the plan, it's (the ACA) paid for by taking money from other areas.
You are yet to show this. All you have done are post links to opinion pieces which say young people to sign up is needed for the law to succeed. This FAILS to back your claim that this is how ACA is supposed to be funded.
The original point of contention was "Who is going to pay for all of these people getting on Medicaid?"
You said, that according to the law, it was to be paid by young people buying high priced premiums. If that's what the law says, why are you unable to post a link to a source saying so? You would think that you could post a link to the law itself.
Rather you struggle and have to rely on opinion pieces that still do not back up your claim. When frustrated, you hope to throw out a red herring by invoking your old imaginary tormentor.
What is even more bizarre. Under ACA young people can remain on their parents insurance till they are 26. If the law depended on young people to buy insurance to fund it (it even sounds bizarre typing it), why would they do that.
I think it's pretty safe to say that you don't know what you're talking about, much like "Uncle Joe" who thought employer paid benefits were now taxed.
Let's move on.
You need to move on to the real world. The fantasy one you live in is old and stale, much like you.

Like I said, even coming from the White House is not good enough for you.

You sir, are a pompous ass.

Baltimore, Maryland

#53 Oct 31, 2013
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to move on to the real world. The fantasy one you live in is old and stale, much like you.
Like I said, even coming from the White House is not good enough for you.
You sir, are a pompous ass.
Please post a link that shows that the Affordable Care Act was to be funded by young people buying high priced premiums **according to the law.***
Mike

Danville, KY

#54 Oct 31, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post a link that shows that the Affordable Care Act was to be funded by young people buying high priced premiums **according to the law.***
Dagg gone Digger you sure are trying,just keep following the Obama line.But you have to admit its the worst law ever.Never force a person to buy a product they may not want,especially when it's bad.Obama Care is doomed for failure.It may be a law but their to inadequate to inforce it or will not due to politically it will be a death nail.
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#55 Nov 1, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
They have been posted. Your willful ignorance keeps you from understanding.

Baltimore, Maryland

#56 Nov 1, 2013
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
They have been posted. Your willful ignorance keeps you from understanding.
You didn't and we've discredited you. Time to move on. Try to make another talking point if you have it.

Maybe you could post an edited video from YouTube set to dramatic music?
Cavar un hoyo

Bethel, OH

#57 Nov 1, 2013
True American wrote:
Digger owns you guys once again. Your hatred for your president overrides your brain on a lot of facts that get in your way...
<quoted text>
Its because Digger uses classic debate tactics. He lets his opponent bury himself then he comes back with facts. You'll notice that he's all about facts and numbers that can be cited and sourced.
Uncle Joe

Harrodsburg, KY

#58 Nov 1, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
Sonny, do you think that Obama would actually have written into the ACA a statement that the law would be funded on the back of the young? Why do you think the ACA requires young people to buy health insurance?

Do you read the newspapers and watch the evening news? Go on line. The fact that the ACA does rely on young people is documented over and over again.
Uncle Joe

Harrodsburg, KY

#59 Nov 1, 2013
Cavar un hoyo wrote:
<quoted text>
Its because Digger uses classic debate tactics. He lets his opponent bury himself then he comes back with facts. You'll notice that he's all about facts and numbers that can be cited and sourced.
Of course he does. He picks a line from an opponent and zeroes in on that even though the opponent has a point which is true.

Here is a case in point: Someone writes that according to the law the Affordable Care Act will be funded on the backs of young people. He immediately shouts "show me the wording in the law that says this." Of course that verbiage is not in the law. But what is in the law is a requirement that young and healthy people buy health insurance. Technically Digger is correct. But he is wrong. The entire news media claims that he is wrong and most sane and reasonably intelligent people can see the truth. And that truth is this: in order to cover the millions of people with preexisting conditions the insurance companies must balance the cost by insuring more healthy people.
Cavar un hoyo

Bethel, OH

#60 Nov 1, 2013
Uncle Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course he does. He picks a line from an opponent and zeroes in on that even though the opponent has a point which is true.
Here is a case in point: Someone writes that according to the law the Affordable Care Act will be funded on the backs of young people. He immediately shouts "show me the wording in the law that says this." Of course that verbiage is not in the law. But what is in the law is a requirement that young and healthy people buy health insurance. Technically Digger is correct. But he is wrong. The entire news media claims that he is wrong and most sane and reasonably intelligent people can see the truth. And that truth is this: in order to cover the millions of people with preexisting conditions the insurance companies must balance the cost by insuring more healthy people.
That makes no sense. If I say "according to the law" but the law doesn't say that then I'm wrong. Period. I'm not wrong and right. I'm just wrong. I believe I saw you saying that your employers portion of health insurance was now taxable? Were you wrong and right? Or were you just wrong?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hitachi e-shift (Jan '14) 16 min shake 41
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 17 min U of L Brainballer 4,872
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 22 min Cornelius Scudmister 153,433
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Jobs Lost 26,274
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 2 hr BIG_STEVIE 16,169
josh morgan 4 hr danny 2
Television Repair? 4 hr Thanks in advance 1
•••
•••

Harrodsburg Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Harrodsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Harrodsburg News, Events & Info