Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#21 Oct 30, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean, god forbid that we let the working poor get health care. What is the world coming to? Where is the country that I love???
Are you going to deny that, with 82% of those that have signed up in Kentucky signing up for Medicaid, that it going to cost the government money versus bringing in money to pay for the ACA?

Since: Oct 12

Baltimore, Maryland

#22 Oct 30, 2013
Uncle Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, Digger I admit that when I read that the amount of money the employer paid to buy health insurance must be reported on tax documents I assumed that it would be taxable.
Right. Because "assume" all you want, but you don't know what you're talking about.

Baltimore, Maryland

#23 Oct 30, 2013
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong answer Buckwheat. I pay $800 month for a family plan. Work everyday.
I never said you do get SSI.

Baltimore, Maryland

#24 Oct 30, 2013
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to deny that, with 82% of those that have signed up in Kentucky signing up for Medicaid, that it going to cost the government money versus bringing in money to pay for the ACA?
That's to been seen. According to the plan, it's paid for by taking money from other areas.

Did it come as a big surprise to you that there's a lot of working poor in Kentucky who would qualify for Medicaid? Some of you are acting like this is a news flash.
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#25 Oct 30, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
That's to been seen. According to the plan, it's paid for by taking money from other areas.
Did it come as a big surprise to you that there's a lot of working poor in Kentucky who would qualify for Medicaid? Some of you are acting like this is a news flash.
It doesn't remain to be seen. Medicaid is a payout not an income.

Nope, no surprise. I think it comes as a surprise to the Obama Administration.

According to the law, it supposed to be paid for by young adults paying high premiums. Most will pay the $95 penalty instead.

Baltimore, Maryland

#26 Oct 30, 2013
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>

According to the law, it supposed to be paid for by young adults paying high premiums. Most will pay the $95 penalty instead.
Can you post a link that shows the ACA was to be paid by young adults paying high premiums??? That's a new one to me. No Breitbart or other BS sites like that please.
Mike

Danville, KY

#27 Oct 30, 2013
AFC has nothing to do about your health care,it's more about a president and a already corrupt democrat lead government to control and let you know what's best for you.Its already starting to hit the wallets of tax paying Americans,which in the end will cause a conservitive wave across the nation and the ones who defended this law will go down the drain along with Obama Care.Remember this law was set up to fail and knowingly in hopes of a full out single payer system,but due to the lack of medical education and knowledge of insurance this will not happen either through this president.The private sector realizes this and are waiting on the inevidible collapse of a law that should not ever been.The higher premiums,the higher detuctibles,coverage you don't need and the lack of care and cost to the elderly to supplement the young who are already on their parents coverage.The writing has been on the wall for 3 years,now the pain will follow.Hopefully it will be for a short time.

Baltimore, Maryland

#28 Oct 30, 2013
Mike wrote:
Its already starting to hit the wallets of tax paying Americans,which in the end will cause a conservitive wave across the nation and the ones who defended this law will go down the drain along with Obama Care.
You know I love your predictions! What are you now? 0-30?
walker

Harrodsburg, KY

#29 Oct 30, 2013
It's quite funny watching bart act like he is an expert in all this, as I still remember him assuring everyone that if you liked your insurance policy, you could keep it. Now it's known that obama lied thru his teeth about it from the beginning.

The ultimate goal is a single payer system

not to mention more power and control over
over the American people.
Mike

Danville, KY

#30 Oct 30, 2013
walker wrote:
It's quite funny watching bart act like he is an expert in all this, as I still remember him assuring everyone that if you liked your insurance policy, you could keep it. Now it's known that obama lied thru his teeth about it from the beginning.
The ultimate goal is a single payer system
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Kvg8qVKZYuMXX
not to mention more power and control over
over the American people.
Digger smart enough to know this adminastration is inept on everything,just lie and pass the buck to Bush,oh Bush may get a pass on this one Lol! Maybe.Our worst President Ever.Even Richard Nixon had soul.
pooteye

Butler, KY

#31 Oct 30, 2013
One phrase Barack Obama will NEVER utter again....

If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. Period.
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#32 Oct 31, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you post a link that shows the ACA was to be paid by young adults paying high premiums??? That's a new one to me. No Breitbart or other BS sites like that please.
Here you go. How many links would you like?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/24/youn...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-01/will...
walker

Harrodsburg, KY

#33 Oct 31, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>Digger smart enough to know this adminastration is inept on everything,just lie and pass the buck to Bush,oh Bush may get a pass on this one Lol! Maybe.Our worst President Ever.Even Richard Nixon had soul.
Nixon couldn't have gotten away with everything that o' has.

Baltimore, Maryland

#34 Oct 31, 2013
Nutz wrote:
Perhaps you didn't understand. You said "According to the law, it supposed to be paid for by young adults paying high premiums. "

Can you please post a link, just one will do, that shows that this is how ACA was supposed to be paid for.

Please, no opinion pieces from someone's blog like Ms. McArdle. Wy, you might as well post a link to a Topix post! Just a link to the law itself will work with the provision highlighted.

I must admit, I'm really confused as to how young people paying higher premiums was supposed to pay for those joining the Medicaid program. But you said that according to the law, that's how it's supposed to be paid. So please, just show me is all I'm asking.

Just one link will do.
Uncle Joe

Harrodsburg, KY

#35 Oct 31, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you fail to answer the question and even get your facts wrong. You are incorrect in that Franklin County and Elliot County were both "blue" in addition to Fayette and Jefferson. You fail to acknowledge the generations of welfare recipients in Appalachia. You fail to mention Leslie County in which Obama get less than 9% of the vote, yet has some of the highest unemployment and welfare recipients in the state.
Instead you put forth the same old tired mantra that "takers" vote Democrat. You mention cities, again ignoring the fact that metropolitan areas tend to have a more progressive and culturally literal population which attracts Democratic voters. For example, you'll find few Romney votes in precincts around college campuses.
Yet you ignore this because it does not support your tired, dis-proven theory.
You're not "catering" to someone when the majority of the population supports something. An poll you look at shows that the majority of Americans support same sex marriage [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_opinion_o... ] Now why would you turn around and vote for a candidate who says he opposes something that you support?
What it boils down to is an excuse. Almost a year ago today, Mitt Romney had his ass handed to him. He got fewer votes than John McCain. The Republican pundits and talking heads said that it was going to be a Mitt Romney landslide. When it didn't materialize, they had to blame someone. NEVER blame the man in the mirror! So Rush Limbaugh provided solace to his listeners. He said that you can't beat Santa Claus. Republicans who were crushed (some to the point of killing themselves) latched on to this and it has become the new mantra.
The end will come for the Republican Party not from "takers." Oh no. There are plenty of takers in "red states" who vote Republican (a fact that you refuse to accept). It will come from the notion that they are a party of angry old men who are stuck in the 50's.
Another fact that should be terrifying to you is that the senior citizen of yesterday are about gone. The conservative seniors from the 40's have left this earth and your new senior citizen starting this upcoming election will be people like me who were teens in the 60's. Yep, hippies. The same young people who were listening to Janis Joplin at Woodstock are now in their mid sixties and make up the senior vote.
Unless the Republican Party takes a big leap to the center on social issues they are done. It's going to be a hard fact for many to accept.
I don't care much for Lindbaugh but he was right about one thing. YOU CAN'T BEAT OLE SAINT NICK. And that is what the Democratic party has become. It is either a massive flow of money to the takers are support for the homosexuals, blacks, Hispanics, unions and on and on. Don't you get it Digger. We agree. This country is rapidly becoming a one party country. The Republicans must either disappear or become duplicates of Democrats. In the mean time the Democrats grease the slide by giving more and more support to those they seek to support them.

A day of reckoning is coming. We cannot keep giving away our tax monies forever. The national debt cannot grow forever. When we reach critical mass all hell will break loose. Those who have been conditioned by Democratic excess will cry out not only for the excess to continue, but to expand. Riots will follow as the government is forced to cut back. Only God knows what will happen to the people conditioned by decades of benefits when they have to actually provide for themselves.

Baltimore, Maryland

#36 Oct 31, 2013
Uncle Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care much for Lindbaugh but he was right about one thing. YOU CAN'T BEAT OLE SAINT NICK. And that is what the Democratic party has become. It is either a massive flow of money to the takers are support for the homosexuals, blacks, Hispanics, unions and on and on. Don't you get it Digger. We agree. This country is rapidly becoming a one party country. The Republicans must either disappear or become duplicates of Democrats. In the mean time the Democrats grease the slide by giving more and more support to those they seek to support them.
A day of reckoning is coming. We cannot keep giving away our tax monies forever. The national debt cannot grow forever. When we reach critical mass all hell will break loose. Those who have been conditioned by Democratic excess will cry out not only for the excess to continue, but to expand. Riots will follow as the government is forced to cut back. Only God knows what will happen to the people conditioned by decades of benefits when they have to actually provide for themselves.
Should I be stocking up on rations and bottled water? Maybe building a windmill to generate electricity?

Baltimore, Maryland

#37 Oct 31, 2013
I mean, my goodness. When the homosexuals, blacks, Hispanics, and union workers all join forces... well .... we're all doomed. Especially when you're confronted with a homosexual Hispanic union worker!
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#38 Oct 31, 2013
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you didn't understand. You said "According to the law, it supposed to be paid for by young adults paying high premiums. "
Can you please post a link, just one will do, that shows that this is how ACA was supposed to be paid for.
Please, no opinion pieces from someone's blog like Ms. McArdle. Wy, you might as well post a link to a Topix post! Just a link to the law itself will work with the provision highlighted.
I must admit, I'm really confused as to how young people paying higher premiums was supposed to pay for those joining the Medicaid program. But you said that according to the law, that's how it's supposed to be paid. So please, just show me is all I'm asking.
Just one link will do.
Whatever, you daft ass. The intent is for young healthy adults to fund the program. Do the research yourself.

You are the perfect example of willful ignorance at it's finest.

Baltimore, Maryland

#39 Oct 31, 2013
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever, you daft ass. The intent is for young healthy adults to fund the program. Do the research yourself.
You are the perfect example of willful ignorance at it's finest.
There's that classic anger we've all come to expect. Yet it would seem that you are without sources. Nor is that what you said. How long till you prop up the straw man of your imaginary tormentor to attack?

I don't believe I see anything here about young people paying high premiums (which is bizarre because the young have a lower premium) to fund Obamacare. Please help!!!!!

http://obamacarefacts.com/costof-obamacare.ph...
True American

Philadelphia, PA

#40 Oct 31, 2013
Digger owns you guys once again. Your hatred for your president overrides your brain on a lot of facts that get in your way...
One True Digger wrote:
<quoted text>
There's that classic anger we've all come to expect. Yet it would seem that you are without sources. Nor is that what you said. How long till you prop up the straw man of your imaginary tormentor to attack?
I don't believe I see anything here about young people paying high premiums (which is bizarre because the young have a lower premium) to fund Obamacare. Please help!!!!!
http://obamacarefacts.com/costof-obamacare.ph...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
127 bypass wreck 2 am 2 hr prayers 1
Who is this Mrs. P. 2 hr Derek Patrick 10
Christmas Fun! 5 hr fadda time 1
Prostitutes 6 hr Funny again and a... 16
who is janice hughes cloyd poynter? (Nov '08) 8 hr Seriously 48
Do You Think The Grand Jury In Ferguson Got It ... 9 hr Really 1
kendall ross 10 hr curious 26
Harrodsburg Dating
Find my Match

Harrodsburg People Search