Who should be the next MERCER Co. She...

Who should be the next MERCER Co. Sheriff

Created by Voting Booth on Oct 21, 2009

1,228 votes

Click on an option to vote

Chris Kerht

Ernie Kelty

Paul Parks

Someone Else

get it straight

Mount Sterling, KY

#130 Feb 3, 2010
sis wrote:
<quoted text>just what i was talking about people dont know their as$ TONY WAS IN tennessee i beg your pardom yhat goes to show you people some of you all dont know jack shi$ and yes they did break in get your facts straight before poking fingers
Tony and his family were in Tennessee and the ones that broke in knew that!!! You need to get your facts straight before you start running your mouth about something you know nothing about!!! If he was there, they would not have even made it in the house, bacause the ones that broke in were ?#!!*'s anyway!!!
get it straight

Mount Sterling, KY

#131 Feb 3, 2010
in the know wrote:
kehrt is single so who he dates is really not an issue. the issue is is mercer county better for his being sheriff? i dont think so. was harrodsburg better with ernie as chief? i dont think so. is mercer county better with paul parks as a deputy? i guess maybe a little. when paul decides to work he does work but trying to get him to work... is mercer county safer with tim gambrell? i gotta go with no on that one he is lazy. marty gray? hasnt made an arrest in living memory. tommy woosley? the sheriffs office is the only agency in mercer county that hasnt fired him for incompetency and he hasnt worked as a police officer for 16 years. tony harmon? never worked as a cop, never made an arrest, and had his own home broken into while he was home and didnt wake up as they stole a four wheelr by dragging it over the top of his car in the garage.
is burgin safer with chief caldwell? hell yes! he locks up everybody. he gets out and patrols. they have tried to kill him twice and he never slowed down. they even tried to hire somebody to spy on him and he busted them too. thanks for all you do jim good luck in may
If you knew anything you would keep your mouth shut!!!
I KNOW MORE I THINK

Mount Sterling, KY

#132 Feb 3, 2010
sis wrote:
<quoted text>just what i was talking about people dont know their as$ TONY WAS IN tennessee i beg your pardom yhat goes to show you people some of you all dont know jack shi$ and yes they did break in get your facts straight before poking fingers
and this person whos got a name i KNOW you should but your name dont no shi$,you seem to act like you know a awful lot about everyone you must be one of those who sit on your as$ and talk about everyone all day and night
just saying

Kansas City, KS

#133 Feb 3, 2010
back to the question... Chris Kehrt all the way... just see what I say!!!!
The winner

Mount Sterling, KY

#134 Feb 3, 2010
David Warner all the way!!!!Theres your winner!!!
in the know

Mount Sterling, KY

#135 Feb 3, 2010
barkman isnt running. and you have your nose in everybodies bedroom lol. single men date. i think it was grant who said a man who wont screw wont fight lol. if tony was in tennessee then that was my mistake but he still would have to go to the police academy for 6 months to be the least qualified guy in the race.

i stand by my assesment across the board.
ha ha

Kansas City, KS

#136 Feb 3, 2010
He wouldn't get in the academy to start with!!!!! What a joke.
YOUR MISTAKE

Mount Sterling, KY

#137 Feb 3, 2010
goes to show to know sh*t about what your taking about to be so "in the know" and also the sheriff doesn't have to go to the academy "smart guy" the mistake you made hear is opening up your mouth about stuff you dont even know...So you need to change your damn name to "in the F*ckin Dark" Tony stepped up to run for sheriff when most guys in the town wouldn't have the balls to do so..So run your mouth all you want about him and keep putting him down because this is the kind of publicity he needs because then he shows up at the house of people who read this and tells what he stands for and why he wants to be sheriff and how he wants to change things and people see the real Tony and they are backing him..because they want a community that there grandkids can go to the park and play without worring about someone selling them drugs or robbing them when they are gone..or at least responding when they call for help.
I know

Mount Sterling, KY

#138 Feb 3, 2010
your right that he doesnt have to go to the academy but why wouldnt he want too you want to supervise when you dont know the job. caring doesnt mean hes qualified. i havent said anything insulting just that he doesnt have a clue about the job. the only qualification you have pointed out is that he might have someone experienced to run with him. that makes him at best a false front.

let the qualified guy run. i dont care jim is my guy and you cant find anybody to bash him
i know

Mount Sterling, KY

#139 Feb 3, 2010
i guess you would support a man who has successfully ran two blocks with a caution light in the middle for years it doesn't take the academy to do that. There is no since in talking about this any longer we will see what happens in May because nobody knows who is going to win this election. We have got deputy's that haven't been to the academy and The current sheriff calls them a "Road Deputy" and funny thing is they are not out on the roads they sit on their butts at the office and we pay them 10,000 more dollars to be called that and they don't even run the roads. As community we need to be paying this money to people who want to work and help this community. Your not helping the community by sitting in the sheriffs office blasting people on topix. The deputy's need to be made to be out patroling no matter what gender and if your diabled you need to quit. Because this town/ county needs protection that they arn't getting, and the current sheriff lets them do this because he isn't man enough to stand up to them.
I know

Mount Sterling, KY

#140 Feb 3, 2010
i do support one of the most respected officers in the county who by himself for 15 years has kept our city safe and has made more arrests and had more activity than the whole sheriffs department. i wish tony nothing but good things but he apparently thinks sheriff the second highest ranking officer in the county is an entry level job. the road deputy your bashing is on light duty due to a line of duty accident after twenty years of service. while i agree that the decision to either get back to work or retire needs to be made the fact that he is working at all is more than he is required to do. fire somebody on workmans comp and see what that costs you.

you seem to feel the need to bash everybody else is that the kind of election you want to run? i guess when you are running against 6 qualified guys and one marginaly qualified guy and you have never written a parking ticket thats the way to go. its obvious you are wife or sister or tony himself and you are dragging all this personal stuff into it like who is dating who. single guys date. if you are looking for a priest elect the pope otherwise adress preformance and history not personal business.
CITIZEN

Clarksville, TN

#141 Feb 3, 2010
some individuals on this site sound inbred - it makes me wonder if i want to vote at all - sounds like since everybody is in - and knows everybodys business - all ya'll(funny?) is kin folk - i say keep it in the family - and Harrodsburg sounds like one big family - HERE PIGGY PIGGY!!!!!!!!!!know wonder i've heard this called hogtown-----be proud kin folks of Mercer
YOUR MISTAKE

Mount Sterling, KY

#142 Feb 3, 2010
I know wrote:
i do support one of the most respected officers in the county who by himself for 15 years has kept our city safe and has made more arrests and had more activity than the whole sheriffs department. i wish tony nothing but good things but he apparently thinks sheriff the second highest ranking officer in the county is an entry level job. the road deputy your bashing is on light duty due to a line of duty accident after twenty years of service. while i agree that the decision to either get back to work or retire needs to be made the fact that he is working at all is more than he is required to do. fire somebody on workmans comp and see what that costs you.
you seem to feel the need to bash everybody else is that the kind of election you want to run? i guess when you are running against 6 qualified guys and one marginaly qualified guy and you have never written a parking ticket thats the way to go. its obvious you are wife or sister or tony himself and you are dragging all this personal stuff into it like who is dating who. single guys date. if you are looking for a priest elect the pope otherwise adress preformance and history not personal business.
as far as bashing you back up and read your own stuff... you brought someones name (tony) into this not me..what makes you think this is his wife or sister or that i'm even a women because i'm none of them but i do know his family and they are good people and i do support him running for sheriff as do alot of people in this town..just quit trying to make Tony look bad infront of the deputys better yet tell the deputys to go see him..bashing people or guessing who think is bashing people just causes trouble..He isn't putting your name on here..don't you think it's time for you to go to work now..somebody might actually run the caution light tonight so hurry up before you miss it.........
CITIZEN 2

Pikeville, KY

#143 Feb 3, 2010
I think u r all wrong I think Tom Woosley is the man we need in the sheriffs office,he is honest and he will get things straightened out,and he will make citizens of Mercer County proud to have him as a sheriff. He will make a DIFFERENCE.
Beeper

Mount Sterling, KY

#144 Feb 3, 2010
tellme wrote:
i say paul parks will be your next sheriff heres why and don't say i'm beeing this and i'm beeing that until you look around and understand what i'm saying ok 1st off chris kehrt wont get it again basicaly because of his divorce and most of our voters are old and they don't believe in that stuff plus he lives with a stripper and yes he's been known lately to have some issues 2nd kelty close race for runner up personaly he seems great to your face but he won't make much of a change if he did it would be a stupid change remember he was police chief he did'nt even make his sworn officers do what they should do that why we the tax payers have to pay that older so called code enforcement officer to help kids cross the street mark car tires and ride around all day looking stupid if kelty would have made his sworn in police officers do these jobs we could have saved alot of tax dollars. 3rd and (drum roll) heres your next sheriff paul parks simple fact just like obama its time for a change sorry folks he will get alot of white votes but all the black citizens are voting for mr. parks i'm white but if i vote i'm voting parks
hummm intresting Chris doesn't live with a stripper..i live in his buliding and i havn't seen her or i'd be hitting on her! But i heard he was seeing a little hottie good ole girl from nicholasville.
funny

Mount Sterling, KY

#145 Feb 3, 2010
tellme wrote:
i say paul parks will be your next sheriff heres why and don't say i'm beeing this and i'm beeing that until you look around and understand what i'm saying ok 1st off chris kehrt wont get it again basicaly because of his divorce and most of our voters are old and they don't believe in that stuff plus he lives with a stripper and yes he's been known lately to have some issues 2nd kelty close race for runner up personaly he seems great to your face but he won't make much of a change if he did it would be a stupid change remember he was police chief he did'nt even make his sworn officers do what they should do that why we the tax payers have to pay that older so called code enforcement officer to help kids cross the street mark car tires and ride around all day looking stupid if kelty would have made his sworn in police officers do these jobs we could have saved alot of tax dollars. 3rd and (drum roll) heres your next sheriff paul parks simple fact just like obama its time for a change sorry folks he will get alot of white votes but all the black citizens are voting for mr. parks i'm white but if i vote i'm voting parks
its funny because iv talked to alot of black folks and they said they wouldnt vote for him if he was the last man on earth
Jim caldwell

Mount Sterling, KY

#146 Feb 3, 2010
hey, i appreciate the support ive been recieving on here. there are a lot of good posts on here and some that arent but it is topix.

a lot of people on here are talking about what this candidate or that candidate will do if they are elected. some have some really good ideas, some dont. when i was growing up my grandfather always said dont tell me what your gonna do before you show me what you have done. so i'm gonna start there.

i started my carreer as a parking and security officer at U.K. at 21 i started working as a corrections officer at northpoint and at 22 i became a patrolman at lancaster police dept. in 1995 i came to burgin as the chief of police. aside from a brief time as a video store clerk in high school i have always been in public safety. i even tried firefighting briefly but i quickly figured out that sane people leave burning buildings.

in my 20 years as a police officer i have made over 2500 arrests. of those arrests i have not gotten a conviction 7 times.

i am a certified dare instructor
i am a certified law enforcement thermographer
i hold a current POPS certification along with 5 other candidates.
I am a graduate of the Corrections academy
I am a graduate of the Ky basic police academy.
i have an additional 1000+ hours training from the department of criminal justice training including courses in narcotics investigation, criminal investigations, arson and explosives investigations and many other courses.
I have taken the DEA basic narcotics investigator couse
I have recieved additional training from the ATF, DEA, FBI, Secret Service, Ky attorney general, Office of national drug control policy, homeland security and Other agencies.

I have Applied for over a million dollars in law enforcement grants and have recieved over $650,000 in grants over the last 15 years. I have assisted many other local agencies including the sheriffs department in grant writing.

Last year i had over 130 arrests and recovered over $50000 in stolen property.

Last year i participated in grant programs that brought in over $65000 inequipment including radios that were given to DES director and the Sheriffs office.

I have recieved letters of commendation from the US marshals (along with a really cool T-Shirt) the ATF, The state police, The US attorneys office, the Internet crimes against children task force, various civic groups and many individuals.

this is running a little long so ill end with this. if i can do all of this with a one man police department in a town with (according to some) two blocks and a caution light.(for the record we are a class five city with 27 miles of streets and 1000+ citizens and a four way stop with a flahing red light) imagine what i could do with the whole county to play in and a staff to work with.
Burgin Citizen

Winchester, KY

#147 Feb 3, 2010
We are all behind you, Jim! You do a great job & people can make fun of Burgin all they want. The people that live here do so in part b/c we know it is safe. My kids go to school with yours & we are all invested in how this small town runs. Every day we see you out doing your job & interacting with the community. Just wanted you to know that there are plenty of people who believe you are exactly the right person for the job. I say go for it! You've got our votes!
Jim caldwell

Mount Sterling, KY

#148 Feb 3, 2010
thanks again i have always appreciated the support i have recieved from the citizens here in burgin. tommorow i will add some of my goals for the department. every body have a good night. i have court in the morning so im gonna try to get some sleep if dispatch will let me
time4u

United States

#149 Feb 3, 2010
Well said Jim!!
I have had to call on Jim a few times in Burgin and I have to say on or off duty he was there!! Quickly! I sleep much better in Burgin knowing Jim is here and if I call he will take care of it!
He deserves this more than anyone. He is hard working, dedicated and will listen to anyone. If elected I do know this.... Burgin will NEVER find another Jim and if not elected Mercer Co will Never have a chance to have the best.
He is a single dad and not only does he need a pay raise Mercer Co. needs JIM!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gov beavin 1 hr DANHOUSER 3
Ban Assault type weapons 1 hr DANHOUSER 95
Top 10 MILFs in the burg? 2 hr Da Truth 10
best guy fighters!! (Dec '08) 2 hr Da Truth 85
Michael Tyler and Heather 2 hr Dysfunctional dop... 5
Michael Despain 2 hr Da Truth 34
Chevy parts 3 hr Chvvvvy 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harrodsburg Mortgages