Hitachi Automotive expanding in Kentu...

Hitachi Automotive expanding in Kentucky; projecting 145 new jobs

There are 15 comments on the Examiner.com story from Sep 16, 2010, titled Hitachi Automotive expanding in Kentucky; projecting 145 new jobs. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Do you like this story? On the same day Kentuckians received the bad news that the states unemployment rate jumped back up to 10% last month, Governor Steve Beshear announced welcome good news that Hitachi Automotive Products USA will be significantly increasing the scope of its expansion in Harrodsburg.A Joining community leaders and company ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1 Sep 17, 2010
yea right, and the next day lay you off or fire you. thats what they do best. they get their names in the paper and media like this to make them look so good, but if anyone would bother to check there records they would see this is a routine with them. hire a bunch at starting pay and then lay a bunch off that has been there for awhile!!!!! i wish america would take over that business and get rid of the japaneese!! and other foreign owned companies who could care less about their employees.
sacciegirl

Newburgh, IN

#2 Sep 17, 2010
my husband has worked there 11 years. show up for work more often you might keep a job longer...FYI
say

Campbellsville, KY

#3 Sep 18, 2010
What is the starting pay there now, anyone know?
Hmmm

Mount Sterling, KY

#4 Sep 18, 2010
Guess the proof will be in the pudding!
proud

Winchester, KY

#5 Sep 20, 2010
Thank you President Obama
employee

Irvine, KY

#6 Sep 20, 2010
As bad as things have been the last few years its good to see jobs coming in instead of going out! Its good for harrodsburg to see something getting bigger instead of just closing up and having another empty building in town!
cool

United States

#7 Sep 21, 2010
I want a job there
farmman

Erlanger, KY

#8 Sep 21, 2010
Did anyone read where the Company that takes coal sludge and makes brickets out of this sludge would build a plant near the River Port in Louisville?It would clear up some coal mining problems and surely help Ky be greener.Also,add to employment.No comment on employees or pay.Sure help to have jobs here!
Agreed

Stanford, KY

#9 Sep 22, 2010
Sacciegirl hit it on the head. I know someone that's been there for over 20 years and although they are always worried when lay off time comes around, they have never been laid off. They go to work don't use all their vacation time or sick days and help them out at other plants. Work ethic!
true

Mount Sterling, KY

#10 Sep 23, 2010
It's going to be hard for people that don't have any factory experience to get a jb there. There has been so many of them shut down and lay-offs, they will have a line all the way to the schools. I just hope they give everyone a chance.
Benefits

Donalsonville, GA

#11 Oct 1, 2010
What type of benefits does Hitachi have? Starting pay? How much Vacation time?etc... I might be interested. Please let me know and be honest.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#12 Oct 2, 2010
i worked there for 6 years and i know what i am talking about. never late and missed 1 or 2 days a year, used my sick days. they offered you a severance pay to quit or they would find a reason to fire you. then they started buying alot of people out, and if you or someone you know works there they know this is true....... and they hired a bunch of temps so they wouldnt have to pay any benifits. this is just a scam to get their name back in good standing. but you watch and see if there isnt a lay off soon afterwards, people who have been there a long time, so they save money in getting rid of people making big money who has been there long and hiring new starting out at alot lower.
Really really

Anderson, SC

#13 Oct 3, 2010
I have been there much longer than 6 years and yes when there is a buyout usually it is offered to everyone. I said no thanks and I'm still there but really it is cheaper to keep paying you than to give you a severance with paid insurance for a year and then when work picks up they have to bring in temps and train all over again. There is no scam it's called an unstable economy and business changes all of the time. Pay attention Hitachi is not the only who let people go but at least they did offer you a severance.
TPHarrodsburg

Macon, GA

#14 Oct 15, 2010
what is the starting pay there?
TPHarrodsburg

Macon, GA

#15 Oct 15, 2010
What is the starting pay, i work in Lexington but would to find work here in Harrodsburg.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harrodsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Easterling & Miranda rights 1 hr hangem 12
Petie patton 6 hr Inspector gadget 16
Who O DD 9 hr Is he 5
Brittney white (Aug '13) 9 hr wondering 31
White Charger 10 hr Know 18
what do u know about lane grimes? (Jul '09) 13 hr Annoymous 11
I am NOT 4 Standing rock 14 hr Pretty Boy Floyd 11
leon cinnamon (Nov '08) 20 hr Dumb 51

Harrodsburg Jobs

More from around the web